Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death (30220 Views)

Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation / Russia: New Mum ‘throws Another Woman’s Baby To His Death( Pix) / She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by TheMostComplex1: 11:25am On Oct 30, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Red flag! I won't judge until I hear from the other side.

Your husband had crisis and was taken care of by his siblings(abduction according to u) what effort did u make? Are u sure u didn't abandon Ur husband?

He died in 2018, why is this story coming up now?

I won't judge this until i hear from the other side.

Playing the tribal card won't sell.

A woman whose sick husband is being taken care of by relatives, should give an intelligent person hindsight that all is not well with the marriage. If you dig deep, u may find out she abandoned the husband until he died, she now came to claim property.

I'm not in support of the man's siblings, but a wife that abandons a sick husband or was in dispute with a deceased husband must not be allowed to near the man's inheritance.

Though I don't support the children of the man being left to suffer but it seems the woman abandoned the man while he was sick
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by NoToPile: 11:26am On Oct 30, 2020
thorpido:

Those saying she abandoned her husband when he was sick,i don't know how some of you read!
She travelled to be with her mum when she was close to give birth.It is not stated that the husband was sick at that time.He most likely developed a crisis after she had left.

By the way,is that why she would even be denied access to her husband's remains in the mortuary and even denied burial presence?Uwa mmebi.

Lool you even have time to explain, they didn't see the part where she was pregnant with twins and needed to be taken care of too.

They should continue justifying barbaric acts of their people.

Let them continue.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by NoToPile: 11:29am On Oct 30, 2020
Cantonese:

Your judgement is completely one sided.

You did not hear from the man's family. You did not hear from her how she related with her inlaws. You did not hear from her if she encouraged the man to cut off his family? You do not even know whether she charmed the man into marriage with her. Don't forget that some women get juju to make men marry them?

The woman said in her statement that she travelled to be with her mum when her husband was in crisis. That's very sad to hear. Who did she abandon the man for? The siblings obviously covered up for her when she travelled as her children were too young to play the role. I take it that there was no good relationship between her and her inlaws for 13 years and they cut her off in their pain.

The woman then turned sentimental and has tried to blackmail the Igbos. If she married a fellow Yoruba would that not have happened to her? The Yorubas are known to battle it to the last over properties of their deceased sons.

It is very important for women to have good relationships with their inlaws. Do not wish your husband's mother to die. Do not wish to marry a man without a mother. Do not stop a man from relating with his family, especially if the man comes from a united and peaceful home. Do not carry the war in your own father's house to your husband's home. Try to make good friendships with two or more of your husband's people. In the sad case of a loss or battle for properties, your friend's within your husband's siblings will fight for you.

Yorubas prefer to marry Igbo men because they feel better taken care of. You may verify that. Please erase your sentiments and let's all live in peace.

Why did you omit the pregnant with twins part?

And you just assumed he didn't develop the sickness after she left.

Nawa
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by notoriousbabe: 11:54am On Oct 30, 2020
This kind of nonsense is so common among the Igbos, they always put eyes on their late brothers' properties not minding what happens to his wife and children
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Glare247(m): 11:55am On Oct 30, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Your husband had crisis and was taken care of by his siblings(abduction according to u) what effort did u make? Are u sure u didn't abandon Ur husband?

A woman whose sick husband is being taken care of by relatives, should give an intelligent person hindsight that all is not well with the marriage. If you dig deep, u may find out she abandoned the husband until he died, she now came to claim property.

I'm not in support of the man's siblings, but a wife that abandons a sick husband or was in dispute with a deceased husband must not be allowed to near the man's inheritance.
Trash
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Zion63(f): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
Midas01:
Even before reading this I knew the husband had to be igbo.

Sincerely, igbos need to do away with the culture of depriving their late brother/son's wife of her right to his property.

Stop setting your eyes on things that are not yours, work for your own.

I have never heard of such case in my tribe. It doesn't happen. Your brother's property is for his wife and children.

Advice to women : Pls, if a man deprives you of your right to work and earn your own money, DO NOT HEED TO IT. If you must heed to it then he should pay you monthly salary.

Never ever live your life at the mercy of someone else wether you're married or not.

Yoruba Men (Families are also guilty of this)My case as an example.cos when he my hubby died they took everything from me I was only lucky to leave with my credentials but all thanks to God.

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by bigiyaro(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
I entered to check the region, I was not disappointed, easterners be waiting for their relatives to die and pounces on their properties like vultures waiting for dead meat.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
Cantonese:

Taaaaaaaaa make we hear something.

Is it better in Delta state. In such cases Delta state ranks among the worst please. I mean all communities in Delta state, whether Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri, Ijaw, Ukwuani, Agbor, etc. Do you need examples in Delta state?

These issues happen in families where you have greedy, covetous nd wicked people, irrespective of tribe.
You lied, the whole worlds knows that it is only Igbos that extended families drag properties with nuclear families. Don't try to cover-up, you people should change your ways.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Cantonese: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2020
thorpido:
Oga read the English well.There's nowhere in her statement that she travelled when her husband was in crisis.

Reading through her petition, can you not safely say that she was aware of her husband's health condition while she was away? She said "my husband had been taken away to an unknown location, because he had a crisis". Assumimg the crisis developed while she was in Ondo state, what did she do?

Truly no good woman fails to ensure the well being of her husband, but in this case I can safely say there was an existing feud.

Do you know that chronic ulcer is a very dangerous medical condition that needs serious attention?

Women are known to label their husband's families bad names when such things happen.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by loveth360(f): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2020
ransomed:

Are you daft?
She went to take care of her pregnancy and before she could return the man was gone. She gave the history of the late husband's ailment and all you could gather was gold digging. If the man had been your brother, you would have done worst than the usurpers.
Apri ogologi...
Then why did her yoruba people no give her landed properties.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Cantonese: 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lucyspa:

It's clear that you don't understand English. She said that she was pregnant then travelled to stay with her mom in Ondo state. The husband then had a crisis because of his ulcer and family came to take him away to an unknown location. If u read without being bias, u will understand that she is what she said. Before you quote me chatting shit know that I am from Orumba North local Govt, Agbiligba Nanka, Nanka in Anambra state.

Thank you my English teacher.

"Chatting shit" depicts improper mannerism in a public forum as this.

I perceive Nanka people to be very brutal as I had a bitter first hand experience with the a Nanka lady in such a matter 10 years ago, with the loss of a young man very close to me.

I've not looked at the matter from with a bias, if you look at my comments carefully. You agreed with the lady's story, hook, line and sinker without taking your time to think about the extremes in such issues. I looked at the extremes on the basis of experience. Women give wrong information in such matters to make their husband's families look like the devil.

We can proceed decently and objectively, if you want, without recourse to rudeness and insults.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Cantonese: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
Odidigboigbo:
You lied, the whole worlds knows that it is only Igbos that extended families drag properties with nuclear families. Don't try to cover-up, you people should change your ways.

Abbeggii.

Mention your community in Delta state and I can tell you some of their wicked acts. Which of the communities mention does not practice it?

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by loveth360(f): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
Mrscarter:

So the man would have wanted his family on the streets begging after his death?
Wat I'm seeing is greedy siblings.
I agree his children should atleast inherit and children need their mother
But why are you yorubas not talking about a wife leaving her husband when he fall sick.

Is she a good wife?

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by bukatyne(f): 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Cantonese:

Your judgement is completely one sided.

You did not hear from the man's family. You did not hear from her how she related with her inlaws. You did not hear from her if she encouraged the man to cut off his family? You do not even know whether she charmed the man into marriage with her. Don't forget that some women get juju to make men marry them?

The woman said in her statement that she travelled to be with her mum when her husband was in crisis. That's very sad to hear. Who did she abandon the man for? The siblings obviously covered up for her when she travelled as her children were too young to play the role. I take it that there was no good relationship between her and her inlaws for 13 years and they cut her off in their pain.

The woman then turned sentimental and has tried to blackmail the Igbos. If she married a fellow Yoruba would that not have happened to her? The Yorubas are known to battle it to the last over properties of their deceased sons.

It is very important for women to have good relationships with their inlaws. Do not wish your husband's mother to die. Do not wish to marry a man without a mother. Do not stop a man from relating with his family, especially if the man comes from a united and peaceful home. Do not carry the war in your own father's house to your husband's home. Try to make good friendships with two or more of your husband's people. In the sad case of a loss or battle for properties, your friend's within your husband's siblings will fight for you.

Yorubas prefer to marry Igbo men because they feel better taken care of. You may verify that. Please erase your sentiments and let's all live in peace.

You are missing a key point.

The husband's properties is not the family's to share or give as a reward to a good wife.

It is her entitlement and vice versa.

Should a woman have a good relationship with her in-laws? Yes!

If she was bad to her in-laws, then they can withdraw their support when she needs it.

To however seize her husband's properties because she is 'bad'?

Mbannu.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Midas01: 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Oh my God. I'm so sorry about that.

I hope you're doing fine now.[quote author=Zion63 post=95496617][/quote]
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Midas01: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
If they do it voluntarily then it's not bad sha.
Lucyspa:

They don't drink water anymore but they still shave their heads.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Midas01: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
That's why I always advocate for women to have their own business or careers because I highly doubt they can do this to an exposed successful woman.
coolsegun2002:

If you don’t , that’s an indication you are the one who killed your husband...double wahala!!!
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Midas01: 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
Keep quiet if you got nothing sensible to say. The man was from Ebonyi state which is very much igbo.
favor914:
Ethnicist is Akwa Ibom igbo?
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Midas01: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nice one...I think there should be more awareness about this.
Indigbo:

Best LESSON is:

MAKE SURE YOU ADD YOUR WIFE'S NAME ON YOUR PROPERTY like Mr Burnaboy Okoro and Mrs Savage Okoro.

Any family member near the property will rot in jail. Tested and Trusted. Thank me later!
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Midas01: 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Well, I don't know about that and I'm not Yoruba.

Africans will never cease to amaze me.

But in my place, it is unheard of for a brother to inherit his brother's property.

Cantonese:

Stop playing the ostrich here please, especially if you are from the south west.

This issue of properties after the demise of any of the couple is not confined to the Igbos only. It is an age long matter with the Yorubas and other African tribes. It is even worse in the south west. It is the norm of Africans to lay claim on properties at the demise of their siblings.

I have met Yoruba women who have requested their husband's to build personal houses for them so that at the demise of the man, her husband's family in claiming the man's properties would not claim that particular one.

Go to the courts today and you'll find too many cases of family members battling over properties.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Midas01: 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
Na wa o...so this happens more often in other tribes than I thought.
dadavivo:

This thing happens in other tribe. My friend step brother died and his own mother children bounced on his wife and took all their properties in Abuja, but she went to court and won, hands down. They're both from Ogoja Cross River State
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Lucyspa: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
Cantonese:

Thank you my English teacher.

"Chatting shit" depicts improper mannerism in a public forum as this.

I perceive Nanka people to be very brutal as I had a bitter first hand experience with the a Nanka lady in such a matter 10 years ago, with the loss of a young man very close to me.

I've not looked at the matter from with a bias, if you look at my comments carefully. You agreed with the lady's story, hook, line and sinker without taking your time to think about the extremes in such issues. I looked at the extremes on the basis of experience. Women give wrong information in such matters to make their husband's families look like the devil.

We can proceed decently and objectively, if you want, without recourse to rudeness and insults.

Akuko
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by dadavivo: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2020
Samcent:

Truth be told it's prevalent amongst the Igbos.

I have them as friends, my brother is married to an Igbo lady and my sister is married to an Igbo man.

My sister's husband is alive and well, but trust me this issue been discussed here is already staring her in the face.

My advice to any lady from outside marrying an Igbo man; be prepared!

That's why Igbo women always have something doing no matter what.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by dolarland(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
heykims:
A lesson. Always do background rigorous check on your partner's ethnicity and cultural belief before marriage, it's not only about love.
And for those going ahead to tie the knot even when not accepted by the husband's family but rely on the ASSURANCE of love6 from the husband, LEARN.
Love is beyond husband and wife.
I hope the widow and children get their rights.
Its never beyond husband and wife, even the Bible says and two would become one.
The man did not put things right while alive
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by descarado: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2020
bigiyaro:
I entered to check the region, I was not disappointed, easterners be waiting for their relatives to die and pounces on their properties like vultures waiting for dead meat.
I have a very good friend where I stay. Igbo lady married to a Yoruba guy. The man died last yr. For the sake of privacy, I won't mention his name. He is that popular and have made headlines. Even his death made headlines.

According to her, had she not loved this man with everything in her, she wouldn't have gone for his burial.
Was greatly humiliated by the man's family.
And property, forget it. She too has looked the other way as they are ready to kill her if she make any noise.

Anytime I ask about family life, her face changes like she wanna cry.

What I tell my igbo ladies is what I tell others, make sure your name is on the property official paper, that car he bought for you should be in your name, if he say no job, he should place you on salary and make sure your name
Should be in documents that matters.
Don't know why these women don't think about tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by thorpido(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
Cantonese:

Reading through her petition, can you not safely say that she was aware of her husband's health condition while she was away? She said "my husband had been taken away to an unknown location, because he had a crisis". Assumimg the crisis developed while she was in Ondo state, what did she do?

Truly no good woman fails to ensure the well being of her husband, but in this case I can safely say there was an existing feud.

Do you know that chronic ulcer is a very dangerous medical condition that needs serious attention?

Women are known to label their husband's families bad names when such things happen.

While I won't hold brief for her,I think she had to go to stay with her mother when it was close to give birth.She was heavily pregnant with twins and her husband may have agreed she goes.

Her husband had chronic ulcer condition but he would have been on medication and it's not like he was bedridden.It's something you can manage and still go about your daily business.

As to the question of what she did when the husband had a crisis,she probably was almost due to give birth.She couldn't have travelled then.Her husband may not even allow her.
Except there was an existing fued between she and her hubby,she didn't abandon him.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by vickydevoka(m): 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
lindareep:
“I am a caterer, but my husband didn’t allow me to work when he was alive. Now, I have five children to cater for and I have been reduced to begging to survive; I have been hustling and struggling."

Lesson: Allow your wife to work biko, nobody knows tomorrow
wink

Meanwhile, I Will deliver men enlargement gel to your preferred location within Lagos (Same day delivery)

My wife will die b4 me
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by ransomed: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
loveth360:
Then why did her yoruba people no give her landed properties.

Go and increase your hustle and stop waiting for death benefits of blood relations.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Emekaonline: 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:

Dont think it is a tribe issue. I hear same happens within marriage of same tribe also. It happens all over the country. It's either the full story is not being disclosed by madam or the man's family are just bad people.

That is a complete lie. You can never see such in Yoruba land. No family members will take away what belongs to your husband especially when you have children together. That is wickedness
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by eyinjuege: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
16 years and 5 children later, wicked family members still had the guts to render them destitute.
Many Nigerians are naturally wicked, and this has nothing to do with culture, because common sense and your conscience dictates that certain acts are wicked acts
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Sixfeetbelle: 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

The children nko? Is his children not allowed also to inherit his wealth even if wife won't?
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by naijadrivablog: 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
For those people from "good" families, you won't understand when tales like this are told.

Some siblings are lazy and think that their rich brother owes them. They even secretly pray he dies so that they can inherit all he has.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband / How Will You Respond To This As A Nigerian Mother? / Man Celebrates His Elder Sister Who Stopped School So He Can Finish His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.