Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch (9197 Views)

NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / North Shops For Vice-Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by honeric01(m): 1:12am On Mar 12, 2011
Pictures from the debate

Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by honeric01(m): 1:15am On Mar 12, 2011
df2006:

and how many nigerians can be able to watch a debate on nn24 a pay tv station on dstv!!!! this people fail to amaze me! is it the pepper seller or the cattle herder that will watch debate on nn24? i tire for this people on nl

Blame NTA since they are suppose to represent the masses in the media world.

I [b]guess [/b]You need to ask the PDP bias NTA with BON right, since they didn't show it, they also did not allow any local stations to show it.

Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 12, 2011
multiple ids, moderator, take note, honeric01= 10cirenoh
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by honeric01(m): 3:15am On Mar 12, 2011
^^^^^

Yea, someone told me about it already, as long as honeric01 has not been impersonated, then there's no cause for alarm. cool
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Udevex: 3:20am On Mar 12, 2011
lol!
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 12, 2011
9:35pm
Pastor Bakare on PDP, "-They see themselves as rulers and not as servant leaders. I am not at all offended by PDP's campaign fanfare. PDP is having a farewell party across Nigeria."

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

eku bear is right - bakare is zesty cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Epiphany(m): 10:27am On Mar 12, 2011
Wow, it seems like nobody watched this debate in full. Any more updates and/or comments for those of us who could not watch?
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 12, 2011
I am not happy i didnt watch it
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by gymer(m): 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2011
No substance. The presidency of Nigeria is more than being a former bank MD or pastoring a church of less than 1000 members in one corner of Lagos. sheew!!!
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by sheriffman(m): 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2011
Please can anyone give us a link to download videos of the debate?
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by DARA1234: 12:14pm On Mar 12, 2011
it is very easy to make a broadcast available to all can someone  put it on you tube ?. what channel was it on CNN and SKY.
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by tlops(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2011
Some problems with NN24 they couldn't even stream HD online. shame on them, no wonder GEJ did not show up. or na GEJ head catch them?
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2011
No broadcast on local stations?!
So the pdp is bent on sabotaging this programme because of their flag-bearers' clueless and cowardice?! Or which kain elemental stage fright be dis
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by gbengress1: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2011
gymer:

No substance. The presidency of Nigeria is more than being a former bank MD or pastoring a church of less than 1000 members in one corner of Lagos. sheew!!!
What is Sambo's track record besides being a wuruwuru governor of mumus?What does it entails 2be d vp, plz tell us
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by bizgynbala(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2011
pdp its game over!!!!!!
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by hbrednic: 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2011
What a show of shame cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thought i was watching a comic show,never knew it was a VP debate grin grin grin
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by dazangel11(f): 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2011
This one na debate ?

What these guys did was just to criticize PDP. It does not look like a debate to me
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by proudly9ja(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2011
dazangel11:

This one na debate ?

What these guys did was just to criticize PDP. It does not look like a debate to me

Maybe if PDP had shown up, they would have defended themselves? Or is it that even PDP is having a hard time presenting a case for themselves?
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2011
If this was a debate---- I'm happy Sambo never showed up----- It sucked from the word go, I'm happy no local station aired it--- really clueless debate.
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2011
[url][/url]guys whether you like it or not rig or no rig jonathan would win and there is nothing anyone can do about it
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Delta007(m): 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2011
proudly9ja:

Maybe if PDP had shown up, they would have defended themselves? Or is it that even PDP is having a hard time presenting a case for themselves?
Dazangel has a point. These folks are pulling a blinder and some of you folks are applauding.SMH. None of these candidates have been able to articulate a plan to move Nigeria forward. Every one of them have either used the opportunity to criticise PDP or to promise to get milk and honey flowing for free. Any Tom in Timbuktu can do just that - blab empty promises to get into office. The main question is "how". But guess what? Alot of Nigerians (as exhibited on this forum) are applauding a group of individuals because they criticised a PDP led govt and promised to give Nigerians a better life. This is what any reasonable politician would do; lies, promises, etc. For instance, everyone of them will tell you "we will solve the electricity crisis and provide jobs for people". Ask them how they intend to do it  and how long it would take their plan to mature and watch them fibble (and lie even more). The fact is that these parties have very little (or no) difference in ideologies. PDP has been wise to back out of these "debates" because it would probably be a debate of attacks rather than a debate of who's plan is better. I'm not saying PDP is a better party or have better candidates but from a standpoint of being in the pole position, they do not have to stoop to exchange words. Most of you (and even candidates like Bakare) throwing tantrums at Sambo for not showing up will be less inclined to do so if you had such an advantage. This is politics in Nigeria. I'm sure some of you watched the Lagos "debate". How many plans were carefully articulated there? Can anyone tell me any difference in idealogies between the parties? Everyone had the usual promises but no depth in implementation. Can you imagine a gubernatorial candidate saying he'd build houses without cement?  grin Most of the time, the other candidates verbally attacked Fashola. Fashola on the other hand, I thought was woeful, but with shallow candidates by his sides, he was a star. I'm glad the "debate" held to show Nigerians how shallow some of these politicians are; they are the same ones trying to pull a blinder for the Presidential elections.

Some of you yakking here lack basic understanding of how the Nigerian electorial process works. When PDP wins, most would say the election was rigged. However, with only a few weeks to a presidential election, if you do a simple research, you'd find out that PDP have done better overall "leg work" than any other party in the country. They have gone into so many rural areas to drum up votes; yes, people live in rural areas and are eligible to vote, not just Lagos and Abuja. Other parties think they can win the Nigerian election on the internet or on TV (I laugh in Hausa). A significant number of people in Nigeria do not even have electricity to watch TV or go online. If these parties cannot go to rural areas to even lie to them to get their votes, how are they going to cater for these folks when they get into office? People like Bakare are just making noise about not trusting Jega. The fact is, every party will try to rig the election in their favour (that's Nigeria for you); however, parties are only able to rig elections where they are strong; that's simple common sense. PDP will not be successful in rigging an election in Lagos just as ACN will not be successful in rigging the polls in Kaduna.

People should open their eyes and start asking these folks about their so-called mandates are and how they plan to accomplish them. I've gone through most campaign sites (where one would think the candidates would have a more detailed plan) and nothing suggests that they'd be any different from the current administration. Methinks that some of them are a disaster waiting to happen, if they ever get into office. As my Warri people would say, shine your eye well well and do not let anyone confuse you with grammer.

Quite frankly, there's no party (or candidate) I can recommend. What I know for sure is that if this current govt is voted out, the new govt (no matter how genuine their intentions are) will not be effective enough to do anything till around their third year in office and then they'd have to restart their campaign for a second term. Can Nigerians sustain another three years of inactivity? Dunno but do not blame a new government  for being ineffective in its early years. GEJ and his people have not been able to do anything  substantial and he has been in power for less than a year. This is the Nigerian way of doing things; you get into power, clear house and you have to pay hommage to the several pockets of power houses in the country (there's nothing you can do about it). Like I usually say, with the way our failed system is set up, even Moses will have big problems leading Nigerians to the promised land (wherever that is).
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by marcus1234: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by dazangel11(f): 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2011
@Delta Thank you my brother.

These guys are suppose to present a plan on how they can do a better job and convince us that They can actually do it. I think that is what a debate is all about. In my own opinion they are all clueless.
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by darne(m): 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2011
PDP, Nowhere To Be Found !!! Now Showing On AIT Every Saturday 7pm-10Pm, Lol

NO MORE PDP IN NIGERIA, Its Time For Change, I feel We Need To Give Other Parties Chance,, I hope They wont Prove us Wrong,, I hope They`ll Be Better Than PDP In So Many Different Ways !!!!

Enought Is Enough !!!, No More PDP In Lagos And It Worked Well, So No More PDP In Nigeria !!!!!
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by juman(m): 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2011
The debate was not good at all.  Very substandard debate.

Well still Mr. Fola and Mr Oyegun performed better than Pastor Bakare.

Pastor Bakare need to improve himself how to address issues. He was toooo slow.
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by dazangel11(f): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2011
My brothers and sisters It is not about party but the people in the party.

Edo state is controlled by AC but most of the members of this AC are the same people that ruined the state under the PDP. Tinubu ruled Lagos for 8years under the AD what can he show for it is he not a Godfather in AC?.

Check the CPC properly who is Buhari? A former dictator who had a chance of redirecting this country but he messed up.

It is not about party, None of them have a manifesto.

It is about the persons

I wish Utomi and others like him can make more political appearance and pull such crowd

I will vote Jonathan because I believe he will deliver because his campaign is issue based

http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by 9ijaMan: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2011
dazangel11:

Edo state is controlled by AC but most of the members of this AC are the same people that ruined the state under the PDP. Tinubu ruled Lagos for 8years under the AD what can he show for it is he not a Godfather in AC?.

Check the CPC properly who is Buhari? A former dictator who had a chance of redirecting this country but he messed up.

It is about the persons

I wish Utomi and others like him can make more political appearance and pull such crowd

I will vote Jonathan because I believe he will deliver because his campaign is issue based

And what are these issues that are unclear to millions of Nigerians? GEJ's campaign issues based? GEJ has been leading a campaign of calumny right from the very first day. All his team does is to blame the opponents on just about every mishap that befalls him. So which issues are you really referring?
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Righton: 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2011
dazangel11:

It is about the persons

http://buhari4change.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/CPC-OurCommitmentToNigeria.pdf
http://ribadu2011.com/blueprint/policy.pdf
Why don't you mistakenly tell just one truth in a day?
So the AC guys ruined Edo state - when did you discover this? after they crossed to AC and you stopped voting for them?
Why did you not share this with us when they were in PDP
Which party has the greatest number of Godfathers? Remember Obj (Ogun State, Etteh), Uba in Anambra, Adedibu, Anenih etc
Tinubu was sincere enough to hand over to a performer. But in PDP?
Tinubu actually did more in Lagos state than PDP - free eye glasses, Kudirat Abiola, Adeola Odeku, Lawanson/Yaba, Igando roads etc
BTW - A Jonathan that cannot sack a self-confessed corrupt minister
What did Jonathan do to Harliburton suspects? Siemens? etc
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by mithel(m): 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2011
moreover ,your pdp stopped giving allocation to lagos under tinubu thereby handicapping him
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2011
The three Musketeers!!! What a comic relief this debate is.All these peole do is PDP,PDP,PDP,PDP and nothing about how they intend to change the country.These days a man who can not impregnant his wife would be excused if only he can mention PDP as the reason.A Man who visit prostitute in the brothel without condom will blame PDP when he is diagonised of having STD's.PDP ex-members who helped in destroyng the country like Masari,Former Benue state Governor,former Ebonyi state Governor,Achike Udenwa of Imo,Sekibo now of ACN, etc will all come out and say it is PDP that has destroyed the country for 12 years.Omg!!! who is this PDP? May God help all of us!!!
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by Genbuhari3: 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2011
All,

Before we all start screaming Blue murder, watch the debate 9PM on NN24 this evening.

Few words from me. Tired of all arguments on NL. Full concentration on winning April Polls with Buhari / Bakare 2011 team.

Cheers
Re: Vice Presidential Debate - What Do You Think As You Watch by zankey(m): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2011
Am watching NN24 now, they said there will re-air the debate by 9pm, 12am & 3am today,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan / Clark Spills The Beans On What Each Region Contributed To Nigeria. / Refineries To Work Full Blast In 2017 - NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.