Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC (24270 Views)

Corps Member Recreates Photo Of Her Mom Taken During NYSC Program 32 Years Ago / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / 10 Ways Corpers Ruin Their Lives During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Juliusmomoh: 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
paulemmy19:
[/i][i][right][/right]without real proof but i do not see the state you mentioned as one that have windows of opportunities
Just to satisfy your curiousity...
Kogi state is the best when it comes to galant hussle.
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by brandable: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Billions123:

Empty post
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Bluezy13(m): 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hmmm...
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by NarnieAceTech: 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
Dear Op, please try your best to learn a good skill, do it for free when you start then you start charging tokens to build trust and customer base.

I was fortunate to serve in Osun state and till date I don't regret it one bit. I was a graphics designer in OBS, so I was rewarded with a Printing Press as my PPA, I truly improved on my book cover designs flyer designs and many more while I was with them.

While in camp, I joined printing and customizing (SAED program). I was very committed and focused, my trainers were given the contract to print and customize shirts for about 5 platoons at the rate of N500 per person (yes it ran into more than a thousand in just 4 days), and of course I was given my share.

After camp I continued my training, I was printing shirts for almost free for different corps members and CDS groups, then I started charging them tokens. I made quite a good amount of money but not good enough because no amount of money is enough in this part of the world.

While training, I was also going online to learn web design / development, so I could have more than 3 skills to fall back on after service.

Lastly, stay away from women and partying. It was until after my POP that I decided to keep a specific amount of money aside, for flexing and telling myself "well done, you deserve two plates of pepper soup with chilled bottles of Orijin"

I decided to leave Osun because of my family business I'm involved in and of course which I intend to expand massively.

Osun is cheap in terms of accommodation, very peaceful and safe, good road network and the light is very very stable.

Check my signature please. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by tonte(m): 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
I said spend the whole year to learn how to trade for yourself...not give your money to anybody to trade for you

squash47:

Is this forex thing not a scam?

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Selfless1: 12:01am On Nov 01, 2020
Willie2015:

Start reading from page 1 on Nairaland
Nigerian Stock Exchange Stock Picks
US Stock Picks
Get a laptop... wifi or a modem
And start tradin..

Ensure you get a free accommodation....
RCCG, Living Faith and most churches always have corpers lodge...
Know how to save 50% of your allawi from Month one...
The savings from your Allawi will form your seed capital to start trading
From Month 2....

Borrow from family and friend
Find a good place you can start a POS business...
If are having 10 customers in a day
Dat is 30k in a month

Learn other hand skills like
Barbing, saloon & plumbing etc

U will suceed...

please I need more information about the POS business, how do I get started? like how much do I need to start?

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Youngsenate1993(m): 6:48am On Nov 01, 2020
NarnieAceTech:
Dear Op, please try your best to learn a good skill, do it for free when you start then you start charging tokens to build trust and customer base.

I was fortunate to serve in Osun state and till date I don't regret it one bit. I was a graphics designer in OBS, so I was rewarded with a Printing Press as my PPA, I truly improved on my book cover designs flyer designs and many more while I was with them.

While in camp, I joined printing and customizing (SAED program). I was very committed and focused, my trainers were given the contract to print and customize shirts for about 5 platoons at the rate of N500 per person (yes it ran into more than a thousand in just 4 days), and of course I was given my share.

After camp I continued my training, I was printing shirts for almost free for different corps members and CDS groups, then I started charging them tokens. I made quite a good amount of money but not good enough because no amount of money is enough in this part of the world.

While training, I was also going online to learn web design / development, so I could have more than 3 skills to fall back on after service.

Lastly, stay away from women and partying. It was until after my POP that I decided to keep a specific amount of money aside, for flexing and telling myself "well done, you deserve two plates of pepper soup with chilled bottles of Orijin"

I decided to leave Osun because of my family business I'm involved in and of course which I intend to expand massively.

Osun is cheap in terms of accommodation, very peaceful and safe, good road network and the light is very very stable.

Check my signature please. Thank you
Boss am interested learning this graphic design pls how do I go about it
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Nneziwili(m): 7:05am On Nov 01, 2020
squash47:
sense to die ?
No, kind of comparing the cost of living (food, accommodation, transport) is relatively cheap n you only get to serve in Maiduguri n the state allawee is not that bad too.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by SkillsQueen(f): 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
During my Nysc I learnt how to design Graphics with phone.. it wasn't easy learning Sha especially because of the myth that only laptops can do graphics design but I used it to earn during my Nysc ... To the extent I wasn't touching my allowee again.. I just focused on my phone graphics design business and even had some to save. I did logos, flyers for people and also did trainings...

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
jidamsel43:
The best place is Abia state. If you are fortunate to be posted to Aba, many opportunities are flashing at you. Register for 6 to 9 months senator designs tailoring training. No matter what you study in school, this skill will put food on your table. I finished my service in 2017 and I have fully committed to my tailoring business since then. Many of my colleagues cross-cross the streets of Lagos in search of White-collar jobs every day. I realized more than the salary of a level-10 government worker every month.

Beautiful idea..how long will it take me to learn tailoring ?
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
html14java:
By the time you finish reading advice, you'll choose to serve, as well as start business in all the 36 states.

Che na advice you want.
Wait....
They're coming.
lol... Na advice I want o
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
donmalcolm21:
OP avoid people like this. I've been scammed by them. If they can't explain what they do here then they should go to Hell
no be me he/she dey talk to. I don ignore am since.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 3:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
emrain:

Serve where you currently reside. That's the easiest way to save money and live comfortably. If you currently stay in Lagos, do everything you can to serve in Lagos.
this is one of the best advice I have received on this post. How can I work on redeployment to my state of schooling?
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
Dpaulie:
Everything money, money, it’s called service year not money making year , get yourself trained and understand what the society needs and wants, then you can use that to make money after the service year
thank you for ur advice. Will service put money in my wallet ? Or u don't understand how Nigeria is now ?
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
zubykings:
First off, you are right and wise to ask your question but my advice will not be based on State but on the decision you make now.

I have come to understand that the best time to be an Entrepreneur or a Network Marketer is during NYSC, Yoj can be whatever you want because these times exposed you to different kinds of people, like minded people, people who have discovered themselves, people who are yet to discover themselves and all these people could be your stepping stone to not just your big breakthrough but also theirs.

I am a Networker, so i speak from experience when i tell you that my life changed drastically when i took that decision and so should you.

So my friend, to me, it doesn't matter which state you choose to serve but what should matter is the people you are about to be mixed with and how much they can change your life as a Networker.

For some reasons, i will not be going into full details now but will do that from next response, if you want me to elaborate more.

My name is Zuby.

Update me bro
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
squash47:
this is one of the best advice I have received on this post. How can I work on redeployment to my state of schooling?

It's cheaper at the camp. If you're already outside the camp, meet your LI and negotiate it. All LIs beg for opportunities like this.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
OLAMIDESMOJ:

what if he no leave to see the ending of the year?
u dey mind d niqqa ?
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
nerd004:
This is my advice to u bro.....If u must maximize ur allowee,by saving and finding a side hustles then do the following

1.Avoid any form of relationship with the opposite sex,,,

2. If you are Christian, then I would advice you stay in the "family house" by NCCF this would save you of unnecessary expenses that comes with renting a lodge

3. Avoid eating out,,,,contribute your little penny to feeding if you stay in the nccf aux,,at least u are guarantee of food twice (morning & evening)

4.Avoid unnecessary self development/business training that won't benefit u on the long run....I wish I could elaborate on this for u but I don't hv such time

5. Avoid what I call the "allowee to allowee" trap ....honestly this is one of the major reasons why many coopers don't have anything to show (financially) after service..

6. Age your allowee

7. Give every Naira in ur allowee a job and be flexible about it

etc.....

As regards where to serve,,,,I would advice u serve in BENUE Or KOGI....why?

Benue is the food basket of the nation...food cheap die same with kogi....u go chop u go tire
Kogi is relatively safe and they value coopers their,,,cost of transportation is also cheap..Electricity supply is to some extent OK...

As regards side hustles,,,nah u go decide DAT one,,,nobody fit give concrete advice

thanks man.
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by jidamsel43(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
squash47:

Beautiful idea..how long will it take me to learn tailoring ?
if you are committed and have developed passion for it, it won't take you more than 8 months to have the extensive knowledge of it. To be truthful, it pays to have the skill
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Youngsenate1993(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
SkillsQueen:
During my Nysc I learnt how to design Graphics with phone.. it wasn't easy learning Sha especially because of the myth that only laptops can do graphics design but I used it to earn during my Nysc ... To the extent I wasn't touching my allowee again.. I just focused on my phone graphics design business and even had some to save. I did logos, flyers for people and also did trainings...
pls I want to learn this, can u guard me through

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by NarnieAceTech: 11:15am On Nov 02, 2020
Youngsenate1993:
Boss I'm interested in learning this graphic design. Pls how do I go about it

It's quite easy actually. How good are you with colours, generating design concepts? Not everyone has that eye for designs.
I'm self-taught. I used YouTube to learn and practice. Just take time out to watch YouTube video tutorials on either Photoshop (preferred choice) or Corel Draw. With determination and consistency you'll get there.
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by SkillsQueen(f): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2020
Yes.. drop your WhatsApp number or send me a WhatsApp message on 07061856595
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by tonte(m): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
this is a good opportunity to find out if it is

tonte:
I said spend the whole year to learn how to trade for yourself...not give your money to anybody to trade for you

Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Obere4u: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ahmeddedon:
my guy if u can work ur way to BUA cement in edo..u will be big boy cos dat's wer I serve. they do pay 30k and bonuses every month, free feeding and transportation....u can save enough and start business, remember to get bua cement okpella is not easy oooo
You fit link me?
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by SkillsQueen(f): 10:53am On Nov 06, 2020
Youngsenate1993:
pls I want to learn this, can u guard me through

Yes I can guild you. Message me on 07061856595 or drop your WhatsApp number so I can add you to my training group
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by Seyi2463: 11:51am On Jan 19, 2022
squash47:
Guys, I'm graduating this year and will be applying for NYSC soon. I need advice on the best place I can apply to that will allow me to make cool money. I'm thinking of either Anambra or Edo state.

People with experience should please advise me. Thanks

JOB ALERT !

Savvy HR , a renowned strategic human resource management firm is looking to recruit serving Corp Members across Nigeria .

JOB TITLE : Customer Acquisition Executive

JOB DESCRIPTION:Marketing of training courses (only to corp members) This training is with paid internship opportunity for participants.

Requirements:
⏺Must be a serving Corp member in any of the 36 states
⏺0-1 year experience in sales/ marketing
⏺knowledge of digital marketing/affiliate marketing is a plus

Remuneration is on commission basis and could amount to 30,000 naira or more monthly.

Interested candidates should send CV’s to info@savvyschools.online
With subject :Customer acquisition executive
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by squash47(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Seyi2463:

JOB ALERT !

Savvy HR , a renowned strategic human resource management firm is looking to recruit serving Corp Members across Nigeria .

JOB TITLE : Customer Acquisition Executive

JOB DESCRIPTION:Marketing of training courses (only to corp members) This training is with paid internship opportunity for participants.

Requirements:
⏺Must be a serving Corp member in any of the 36 states
⏺0-1 year experience in sales/ marketing
⏺knowledge of digital marketing/affiliate marketing is a plus

Remuneration is on commission basis and could amount to 30,000 naira or more monthly.

Interested candidates should send CV’s to info@savvyschools.online
With subject :Customer acquisition executive

30k for one month ? undecided
Re: Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC by sammieking2017(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
[b][/b]
Ahmeddedon:
my guy if u can work ur way to BUA cement in edo..u will be big boy cos dat's wer I serve. they do pay 30k and bonuses every month, free feeding and transportation....u can save enough and start business, remember getting bua cement okpella is not easy oooo

Bro how did you work your PPA to BUA cement, was it in the camp or you influenced it? Have quoted you before on this when I was an undergraduate.

Luckily I'm mobilized to Edo for this current Nysc batch

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Zamfara Corper Is Missing (Photos) / Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns / Nysc A15 Taraba Peeps Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.