Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns (24297 Views)

NYSC Should Be Held Responsible For Kidnap Of Corpers In Zamfara - Shehu Sani / Insinsecurity: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corp Members Trained To Use Gun- Ishaku / Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by EcoBrick: 9:26am On Jul 08, 2021
Insecurity: NYSC should be two years, corps members must be trained to handle guns —Taraba gov

As part of measures to curb the rising insecurity in the country, Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, has said that members of the National Youth Service Corps should be allowed to undergo military training in order to know how to handle guns for self-defence.

The governor also said the duration of the youth scheme should be extended from one year to two years to allow sufficient training for the graduates.

He stated this on Wednesday night when he featured in Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ programme monitored by The PUNCH.

Ishaku, whose state is one of the North-East states affected by Boko Haram insurgency coupled with killings by armed militias, emphasised that citizens should be allowed to bear arms and defend themselves against their aggressors

The governor said, “When the security can’t protect you, then something in the alternative must come in, we must be practical. Train people, give them practical induction, let them know what to do.

“The NYSC I will say should be two years. One year for compulsory military training and the other year for the social works that they are doing now so that anybody who graduates as an NYSC person can know how to handle the gun and defend himself just as it is done in Israel, Lebanon and other places, you must engage your citizens to be proactive. When you cannot provide security, you must allow the people to protect themselves.”

He lamented that bandits and terrorists terrorising people, wreaking unimaginable destruction and unprintable bloodshed in the North-East were being sponsored by some influential persons.

“There are sponsors, these are brand new AK-47s. How would a local man buy such an expensive weapon? It is in a video and all over the place where someone confessed that the guns were being given to them and they were being trained on how to use them. It is the work of the security agents to get to the roots of this.

“If they can go out of this country and capture somebody who is declaring independence, why is it impossible for them to defend our people who are being killed in the farms?” Ishaku queried.

He, however, expressed optimism that the insecurity in the region and in all parts of the country can be defeated when the political class and the security agents stamp their feet on the ground and are ready to end the menace.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim, said corps members are part of the national defence policy of Nigeria and can be mobilised for war if need be.

Ibrahim while reacting to moves to scrap the NYSC scheme which is compulsory for all Nigerians who graduate before the age of 30 had said, “You can imagine within the short three weeks in the orientation camps, the corps members are moulded. They are like soldiers. You see female corps members blowing the army horn, playing with the military band.

“So, if not for the knowledge, where are you going to mobilise such young Nigerians to train them quickly to put in their best for the country?

“So, corps members are on reserve. They are also part of the national defence policy. Parents should teach their children the spirit of patriotism.”

https://punchng.com/insecurity-nysc-should-be-two-years-corps-members-must-be-trained-to-handle-guns-taraba-gov/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by lilvicky68(m): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2021
Nice statement coming from an Aboki.. I'm not surprised

169 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Teadavid23(m): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2021
Awon werey gbogbo. Their own children dey abroad dey cruise our money ooo. Olorikori gbogbo.

233 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by AntiBMC(m): 9:39am On Jul 08, 2021
Hahahaha. Cvrsed f00ls. Tueh!
I regret coming from ds mistake of a clowntry.

I'm ashamed.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Kastonkastroll(m): 9:41am On Jul 08, 2021
Check very well, the governor was high on Somali weed when he made the pronouncement.

In my igbo hommies voice, Ndi ara!!!
grin

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by AntiBMC(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2021
Something must be whispering to these North people in their ears while they are sleeping. Then when they wake up..they start talking rubbish publicly.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by SmartPolician: 9:45am On Jul 08, 2021
Please scrap that nonsense

A complete waste of time

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Sammy07: 9:52am On Jul 08, 2021
grin

Wahala for who never Serve grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by nrexzy: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2021
Why nigeria go work when na idiots una vote put

9 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by BigDick70inch(m): 10:15am On Jul 08, 2021
Well I think is okay for self defense........

Hope......they ain't got no plan to force them into fighting insurgents after training??

11 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by iamyemiakins(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
Na Lugard cause all these nonsense na

7 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by McOluOmo: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
If everybody begins to handle AK47 wow! E no go easy oo' army no fit talk to me anyhow na

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by sematec(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
m
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Naijayouth(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Em.....................

I don't even know what to say

2 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by michaellovaldo(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by platido(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Seriously mental stability of some Nigeria Governor's have gone nut. And people really voted this fool to power. To go and show case his last stupidity. I was serving in sokoto.

Abeg where my kahki and jungle boot I go collect my neighbour poking the polo still looking good. Then they should be ready to pay me my allowee 150k a month poo

That's all I want . When una ready lemme know shocked shocked shocked shocked sad idiotic calling himself a "Governor"
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by blessochampion(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
One day, this country will have the right set of leaders who will eventually take us to the "promise land".

Maybe 40 years' time, who knows.

7 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Zombies everywhere but few are roaming, he send his son to abroad and expect his citizen that finished school to have military training for 2 years instead giving them jobs.

Nonsense government

9 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by tomiwakeem: 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
It is now clear the government have no plans for her youths after graduation.

After training them with guns they can then go and kill themselves for the country.just because of the mistake and carelessness of misguided elders.

13 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Opexzy: 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
If you comment without reading the article, you are most likely going to swear for the governor.

To me, he has a point, but it should not be particular to NYSC alone... Everyone needs to learn the art of self defense including handling and using fire arms effectively in today's Nigeria.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Sholaco: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
grin
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by money121(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by michaellovaldo(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Make your family members first do ham idiot

1 Like

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by shegzhkn: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Lol.
Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by GboyegaD(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ah...dis one naim be the awon "ari ogo ba ogo je" (those who intentionally destroy future glory).

1 Like

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Ask4bigneyo(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hediot

1 Like

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by kunle75(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Teadavid23:
Awon werey gbogbo. Their own children dey abroad dey cruise our money ooo. Olorikori gbogbo.

You just took the words from my head.

Werey ni man yen I swear

1 Like

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by Henrolla(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
It's not easy to share same country with Northerners o

5 Likes

Re: Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns by appishani1(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
if failure is human being

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nysc A15 Taraba Peeps Lets Meet Here / NYSC Announces Date For Printing Of Call Up Letter For Batch A 2017 / Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch C Corps Members Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.