Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage (73743 Views)

Federal Polytechnic, Oko Rag Day In Pictures / New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / Benue State University New Dress Code For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Essien45: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Why, the outcry?
In your oath form on the day of your matric what did your sign?
No be you get school na them get school.
If them say na so we want am you better comply or better change school.
Nonsense!
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by David2O(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2020
jenny005:
Its a welcome development. Now the rate of immoralities wud be reduced.
It will reduce physically but not completely intrinsic clean. Yorubas call them, Abori ma bowa.

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by mrkings84(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2020
Very Nice development. But mad people and unserious academic students who came to do fashion parade wont like this....
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by blackgold2018(m): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2020
AfroMighty:
Lolz

I remember the day Prof. Ijaya tore my crazy jean right in front of the whole class (200L days). The jean tore to an extent my pant can be seen, as per rugged guy I just walk out jeje climb bike along the second guy...I still don't know why I can't hate Prof.Ijaya after tearing my Jean...I too like that man.
you never hated him because you have wisdom..

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by fergie001: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2020
The Fed Univ I attended had all this in place but I went back last year...everywhere don open waaaaaaaa.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by tunapawizzy: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2020
NSK4U:

when people fail to heed advice, compulsion is necessary to help the advice.
The earlier we begin to identify and focus on the things that really matter in our country, the better for us....someone wearing bogus jewelleries, dreadlocks, coloured hair or even miniskirt isn't our problem for goodness sake. Parents/guardians should train their children/wards in their formative years, those values won't depart from them...for example if a lady's indecent dressing is d reason a young man will abuse a lady sexually, the problem is the mind of the young man, not the lady...if we see a young man wearing dreadlocks as immoral, then the only difference between us and SARS that tags every young man wearing dreads as criminal is that WE DONT HAVE A GUN

2 Likes

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Samfloxin(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2020
QuickStandard:

Sell your scrapped batteries to us.
We buy used inverter batteries Scrapped inverter batteries Dead car batteries Call or Whatsapp us on: check SIGNATURE below for contact details

We can pick up from any location
How much do you buy dead car battery
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by olisaEze(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2020
lindareep:
This 2020 comes with special packages kiss kiss kiss

Weekend deal, I Will deliver men enlargement gel to your preferred location within Lagos

Will you stay to witness the effects? grin grin
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by shankie: 8:45am On Oct 31, 2020
AfroMighty:
Lolz

I remember the day Prof. Ijaya tore my crazy jean right in front of the whole class (200L days). The jean tore to an extent my pant can be seen, as per rugged guy I just walk out jeje climb bike along the second guy...I still don't know why I can't hate Prof.Ijaya after tearing my Jean...I too like that man.

Did u finish from unilorin or futmx
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by jenny005: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2020
Pierocash:
how does dressing code reduces immorality? Morality is an inate thing and has nothing to do with dressing. We have seen many well dressed criminals on suite, while we have seen many prostitutes and wayward women on jalamial
yes it does, because students especially the females dress immorally(dress and expose their major parts) to please the lecturers instead of going to study. So it is gud that they have stopped it n im in support
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by guychidile: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2020
we are watching nah.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2020
Let them kuku sow school uniform, with badge, stockings and sandals.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by capitalzero: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2020
It is good development. It should be applied in all higher institutions. Dressings should be appropriate for a setting or occasion and modesty in all ramifications. There must be dress codes for every occasion and setting
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by libertrust: 8:58am On Oct 31, 2020
rottennaija:
Everyone wants change but no one wants to change.
I AGREE WITH U
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by eldoradoxx: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2020
Universities and polytechnics are for intellectuals, not riff-raffs. There is a difference between what you wear to club house and what you wear to an academic environment. I commend the management of the school for that dresscode. I schooled in a university that had rigid dress code that demanded students to be on nothing other than Corporate wears and nobody died from dressing decently.

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by iamJ(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2020
what's the use of campus if men cant gaze at different shapes of buttocks
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by PDSI(m): 9:03am On Oct 31, 2020
AfroMighty:
Lolz

FUTMINNA

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by banhammy: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2020
I strongly support this WAID, it's high time students come to terms that, they are in the school to learn, not for fashion.

I hope all schools impose same Law on their students.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by HolyTitus(m): 9:06am On Oct 31, 2020
Make dem kuku turn ham to seminary nah
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Reference(m): 9:08am On Oct 31, 2020
Government is paying for your education. They have the right to dictate how you respond. Pay your way and dress your way. Government has no business in business. College education is a business investment that most Nigerians refuse to accept. Is dressing a business proposition?...
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by kingxsamz(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2020
All these rubbish rules and laws doesn't make a country or society progress. This is more like living like a slave. And people who support this nonsense are slaves, mentally.
If you notice, people who support this nonsense don't see anything wrong with SARS.
There are many great people today who would have been condemned by their hairstyle or dress sense. The outlook of someone does not define what the person is capable of. If you like tell them to wear Agbada and tie wrapper, it still won't stop them from doing what you term immoral. Such rules are for slaves to glorify.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by emmyN(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2020
AfroMighty:
Lolz

You were not a rugged guy.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by kingxsamz(m): 9:15am On Oct 31, 2020
jenny005:
yes it does, because students especially the females dress immorally(dress and expose their major parts) to please the lecturers instead of going to study. So it is gud that they have stopped it n im in support

Sorry, but lecturers have been sleeping with students since time immemorial, either well dressed or not.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 31, 2020
NwekeUG:
Nigerians React To New Dress Code For Students Of Federal Polytechnic Oko (Photo)

A document has been distributed to students of Federal Polytechnic Oko to make them aware of the dress code in the institution, IgbereTV reports.

The document reads, War Against Indecent Dressing (WAID) in Federal Polytechnic Oko then goes on to list what is not acceptable in the tertiary institution as regards fashion.

For the women, the code bans things like skirt with slit above knees, off-shoulder dresses and tops, sleeveless dresses and tops, rugged jeans and low waist trousers, lengthy and coloured braids, coloured hair, long artificial lashes, bandana hairband, bogus fashion jewelries and more.

For the male students, they banned long and bushy hair/beard, braids, dread lock and coloured hair, rugged jeans, kaftan without trousers, inscription on hair cut, T-shirts and jeans with immoral messages and more.

Nigerians have reacted, calling the dress code "ridiculous".

@zennyharry wrote:

https://twitter.com/Zennyharry/status/1322272680092049408?s=19

See tweets below.
https://igberetvnews.com/1369937/nigerians-react-new-dress-code-students-federal-polytechnic-oko-photos/

I can bet my life that the VC and Dean of students affairs are deeper life bible church members and proud supporters of SARS
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by abimic(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2020
Good, many things deserves be regulated, esp for the younger ones, all in the name of fashion, some are already exhibiting traits similar to mad people.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Tonitoniton(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2020
NwekeUG:
Nigerians React To New Dress Code For Students Of Federal Polytechnic Oko (Photo)

A document has been distributed to students of Federal Polytechnic Oko to make them aware of the dress code in the institution, IgbereTV reports.

The document reads, War Against Indecent Dressing (WAID) in Federal Polytechnic Oko then goes on to list what is not acceptable in the tertiary institution as regards fashion.

For the women, the code bans things like skirt with slit above knees, off-shoulder dresses and tops, sleeveless dresses and tops, rugged jeans and low waist trousers, lengthy and coloured braids, coloured hair, long artificial lashes, bandana hairband, bogus fashion jewelries and more.

For the male students, they banned long and bushy hair/beard, braids, dread lock and coloured hair, rugged jeans, kaftan without trousers, inscription on hair cut, T-shirts and jeans with immoral messages and more.

Nigerians have reacted, calling the dress code "ridiculous".

@zennyharry wrote:

https://twitter.com/Zennyharry/status/1322272680092049408?s=19

See tweets below.
https://igberetvnews.com/1369937/nigerians-react-new-dress-code-students-federal-polytechnic-oko-photos/

good one from them

since the current youths has lost sense of value and ethics, the school should help them by teaching them to up hold it
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by Richdee1(m): 9:26am On Oct 31, 2020
lindareep:
This 2020 comes with special packages kiss kiss kiss

Weekend deal, I Will deliver men enlargement gel to your preferred location within Lagos

How much
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by SIONKPO1(m): 9:26am On Oct 31, 2020
jenny005:
Its a welcome development. Now the rate of immoralities wud be reduced.
You are wrong,most people that cover their body commits lots of atrocities
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by adams123: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2020
Oko is in which state in d northern Nigeria!?
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by adams123: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2020
SIONKPO1:

You are wrong,most people that cover their body commits lots of atrocities

well covered ladies and have naked ones, which one is easier for you to approach sexually?
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage by WelcomeToBiafra: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2020
Nigeria system is a bondage to everyone, be you who.

The so called schools are not teaching students how to produce free electricities to their villages.

Mad people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout The Hilarious Drawing Of Human Hand Her Students Drew / Woman Takes Her Daughter To School With Bicycle (Picture) / Truth Or Dare Sex Video: Chrisland, The Parents Or The Girl - Who Is To Blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.