Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba (44724 Views)

The Day Two South-East Governors Shouted At Each Other / Hope Uzodinma Wins Imo APC Primaries, Floors Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu / Rochas Okorocha Sacks Son-In-law, Uche Nwosu, Others (FULL LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Metrix147: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2020
The former governorship candidate of Action Alliance (AA) in Imo State, Mr. Uche Nwosu has called on youths not to be in a hurry to compare themselves with others, saying such person overtime have invested in building themselves.

While revealing that he once hawked orange and cooked corn in the streets of Aba in a chat with ABN TV in Abuja, he added that some people knew him when he became the Commissioner for Land and later Chief of Staff to former Imo governor, Rochas Okorocha.

"Don't be ashamed of what you do. Some people will say 'I wish I was in Uche Nwosu's shoe' but have you asked yourself what I went through before becoming Commissioner for Land and even Chief of Staff before I ran for election as the governor of Imo State.

"Most of them don't know. I tell most of them that I stayed in Aba. I once hawked oranges from Umungasi to Eziukwu, to Ariaria, to Osisioma, to Ogbor Hill, carrying my orange, shouting orange di uto, sweet orange.

"I once hawked corn, oka di oku, hot corn. I once hawked coconut, ice water because in those days there was no pure water. That didn't stop me from getting to my destination. In life, before you get to your destination, you must a driver of your destiny" he said.

He called on the youths irrespective of whatever lawful venture they found themselves in, they should be proud of it.

Nwosu warned that it is good to pass through the ladder of success then to look for success through shortcuts, urging youths to choose their role models well.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2020/10/i-once-shouted-orange-di-uto-oka-di-oku-in-the-streets-of-aba-uche-nwosu-reveals/

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Alexas58: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Even if you like tell the best sorrowful story, we won't vote for you people no more come 2023..

The youths are taking over

222 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Ugolistikp: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
No matter what you u have suffered in the past does not and will never justify ur reason to be inhumane when u finally gain power...but the reverse is always the case pepu like him go into power with the mindset of make I chop my own....Nigeria has a long way to go

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by faithfull18(f): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Okay.
Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Benjaniblinks(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
angry
Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by dfrost: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
And so? angry

When all of these guys tell these stories (no shoes, akara boy, corn seller), what will those that really passed through these ordeals now tell? I'm waiting for that one wey e papa buy fast car give, to come tell us as she and her sisters sell dodo kire for Epe. Nonsense and Fashlock. angry

11 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Hambivert: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mr Motivational speaker abeg off your mic!

These politicians with their nonsense mentality tongue

... dem no know say e no dey work again

That's how Goodluck told us he had no shoes but only went into power to make every other person shoeless.

If not of Goodluck's misdeeds The Buhari Effect wouldn't have sparogatively been upon us now!

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Lexusgs430: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Did he have shoes...... cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
shocked wow
Patience pays
Honesty pays
Diligence pays

4 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Uchwilliam(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
K
Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by DoctorDree(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Na all of them dey suffer before making it

1 Like

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by phill63(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Thank God for your life..,
Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by cbrezy(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
undecided

12 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by aminusodiq(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
angry
Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by BruncleZuma: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
grin grin grin grin

That I have also shouted puff! puff! doesn't mean I am a witch.
Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Sonnobax15(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
tongue. Not surprised at all.....every Nigeria celebrity had once hawked one thing or the other...
even me self wey dey type,I don do bakery work before in fact,I do bakery work so Tay I Cor resemble condemned bread wey burn

las las Cha,every great man must surely have a story to tell someday...

but why is he telling us these stories now? I sure say he don dey find something from us(youths)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Broken2020: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
The youth should better form a political party as soon as possible.

These guys need to be taught that the youths are powerful

6 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Johnbosco77(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Yaa....

Every successful man has a story to tell....

1 Like

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by OwenJesse27(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
And so Make we go fry beans because say nah only don make am for life ...smh angry

4 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by TransAtlanticEx(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
The youths want to be in your shoes without doing the work,so when their house of cards collapses,they open their mouths and start blaming the government for their personal failures.
If you listen to the average Nigerian youth,you'd be shocked of the dumb things that come out of their mouths.
Valueless children.I blame their parents for not instilling value on this children that are becoming very ,lazy,entitled and a menace to this society today.

4 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Officialgarri: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
Even Jonathan once had no shoes....

3 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Zico5(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
Then coming from such background, tell us the kind of impartation you have made on the youths as a whole. Is it only story u have to offer the teaming youths.

4 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by tedx6: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
DoctorDree:
Na all of them dey suffer before making it
Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by tundchip2: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
Trust no politician.
He may have gone through shiit, but that doesn't mean he's the shiit
Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by raloye: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
In other words, do not despise the days of humble beginnings. Father, in your mercy bless my hustle and grant my earnest desire according to your will. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by seankafor(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
So because u hawk orange for aba before you ended up as Rocha's houseboy and his daughter baby daddy..
Make you come become imo state governor abi? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Uche Nwosu: I Once Hawked, Shouted 'Orange Di Uto, Oka Di Oku' In Streets Of Aba by Officialhorlah(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
Wetin concern uscheesy

That doesn't mean you haven't looted some money

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SSS Finds Incriminating Evidence Against Dasuki / Ekitigate: Obanikoro is compromised, Fayose says in reaction to ex-minister / When It Rains In Edo State This Is How Terrible It Is (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.