Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Virginity Vs Character - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virginity Vs Character (33160 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / How Virginity Can Qualify You For Special Favours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virginity Vs Character by slawormiir: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Virginity Vs Character by IncrediblePraiz: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2020
Go for both if you find thank your God...
But it's difficult to find a virgin in our society now.
Character is incomperable
Let God Lead and You will find your heart desires....

2 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by coolsegun2002: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2020
anochuko01:

character embodies so many things, and "not spreading leg" is a minute fraction of it.

It takes lot of discipline not to spread legs anyhow...discipline is hard, discipline is not minute....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Akinbahm(m): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2020
immortalcrown:
This generation makes so much effort to justify some unethical behaviours. This is not the major problem. The major problem is that the same society ridicules ethical norms to make the unethical behaviours more acceptable. People often say "If you want to marry, go for a woman that has a good character. Virginity does not matter".

Do not tell me to stop searching for a virgin as a wife. Stop telling me that virginity is just for a night while manners last for a lifetime. A mannerless virgin is better than a mannerless person that has been deflowered. A wise virgin is more precious than a wise person that has been deflowered. A beautiful or handsome virgin worths more than a beautiful or handsome person that has been deflowered. Bad character is not unique to virgins or non-virgins. So, what is your point?

You better tell me that some people lost their virginity under life-threatening circumstances. You better tell me that not all the persons that have lost their virginity are irresponsible. Stop sounding as if virginity is worthless. Stop sounding as if all the virgins have bad characters and all the people that have lost their own virginity have good characters. Stop using constructive statements to encourage and justify sexual immorality. If you cannot identify a virgin that has a good character, you cannot identify a deflowered person that has a good character.

2 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by sassiemyk: 8:49am On Nov 01, 2020
Rubbish write up.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:51am On Nov 01, 2020
It is never this or that!

You can have both: Virgin with Character, Deflowered with Character

Being Deflowered doesn't bring your life to an end! You can always begin again.

A lot of marriages based purely on just virginity are all over the place crashing due to the ignorance of the importance of character!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Kondomatic(m): 8:51am On Nov 01, 2020
Angrykidd:
Character.. Virginity is like a balloon. One prick and it's gone forever.
Virginity is character

11 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by adedayoa2(f): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2020
Character
Re: Virginity Vs Character by anochuko01(m): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2020
coolsegun2002:

It takes lot of discipline not to spread legs anyhow...discipline is hard, discipline is not minute....
i think i just quoted your other message with an answer to this.

so many people engages in all other sexual act asides penetration just so they could maintain the status of a "virgin"... whats the point??

also, virginity status would end one day, but character continues to define you till you die.

2 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by TheLasyBuddha: 8:53am On Nov 01, 2020
immortalcrown:
This generation makes so much effort to justify some unethical behaviours. This is not the major problem. The major problem is that the same society ridicules ethical norms to make the unethical behaviours more acceptable. People often say "If you want to marry, go for a woman that has a good character. Virginity does not matter".

Do not tell me to stop searching for a virgin as a wife. Stop telling me that virginity is just for a night while manners last for a lifetime. A mannerless virgin is better than a mannerless person that has been deflowered. A wise virgin is more precious than a wise person that has been deflowered. A beautiful or handsome virgin worths more than a beautiful or handsome person that has been deflowered. Bad character is not unique to virgins or non-virgins. So, what is your point?

You better tell me that some people lost their virginity under life-threatening circumstances. You better tell me that not all the persons that have lost their virginity are irresponsible. Stop sounding as if virginity is worthless. Stop sounding as if all the virgins have bad characters and all the people that have lost their own virginity have good characters. Stop using constructive statements to encourage and justify sexual immorality. If you cannot identify a virgin that has a good character, you cannot identify a deflowered person that has a good character.

How this arrives as a front-page material amazes me. Herein, the mod accuses people of devaluing virginity in comparison with manners and character, yet he goes further to devalue deflowered women in comparison with virgins.
This is a poverty mentality mixed with educated illiteracy. For you to think virginity should even make a topic is for a fact stupid.

People who choose to stay untouched is by all means a personal choice. It shouldn't be a basis for moral or uprightness comparison. People who have had sex before aren't less of who they are because of that and it's a choice they made.

If this opinion stems from your delusively perceived knowledge in Christianity, my brother, you are only a Christian but not Christ-like.

7 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Kingrefreshed: 8:53am On Nov 01, 2020
immortalcrown:

Character supersedes Virginity! Character defines who you are.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Jessepaid(m): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2020
immortalcrown:

All that you say here is true..But!
If both were to be likened to a book then Virginity is the cover, and character is the content..most people judge a book by its cover..
Judging from various experience I prefer character to virginity 100%
Or do you think it's mere coincidence that Runs girls dey marry pass the virgins wey you dey exalt?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virginity Vs Character by ukelament(m): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2020
Character for me first. Virginity is value added service.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Angrykidd: 8:56am On Nov 01, 2020
Kondomatic:
Virginity is character
How is virginity character?

2 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Noblewealth(m): 8:57am On Nov 01, 2020
The two is important but character is importanter. whilst virginity brings more indept trust, pride to the man... many men of this dispensation don't seems to know the joy in there for a man to be the one who disvirgin his wife not girlfriend....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Akinbahm(m): 8:57am On Nov 01, 2020
IDERAWOLE:
It is never this or that!

You can have both: Virgin with Character, Deflowered with Character.

Being Deflowered doesn't bring your life to an end! You can always begin again.

A lot of marriages based purely on just virginity are all over the place crashing due to the ignorance of the importance of character!

In all honesty bro at the emboldened which one will you go for the former or the latter?

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Bunsenbun(m): 8:59am On Nov 01, 2020
Virginity Is Everybody's Default Setting.So why would i rate you high on something that everyone once had,which some gave away,and it was taken away from others.Pack your virginity go one side especially if that is the only thing you are bringing to the table.The fact that virginity is worthless for men,already proves a point.

11 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by kingboy(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2020
I can tell you authoritatively that virgins doesn't translate into character. They are 2 different things.
Take for example sister A,with terrible xter all in the name of moral and religion, she wasn't approachable as such she remained a Virgin. Tell me what happened after she meet with you married and the hymen broken,does that changes her character,,,,hell No.
Sister B,good � fun loving and approachable,due to peer influence and youthful exuberance she got sweet talker and laid. Who she is will not stop because her hymen was broken (she will learn to be more careful in future).
Personally,I will pick a girl with a open mind and good character over a Virgin with religious garment filled with hate and unforgiving (they see themselves as been the only pure person on earth cos of their virginity).
I so submit

6 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Chris2863(m): 9:02am On Nov 01, 2020
I wouldn’t like to marry a virgin self

3 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by ubaken88(m): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2020
Them go comot money for anyone of them for you?
Abeg who virgin epp?

Character for me any time any day. It's more valuable than virginity.

2 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Danny50: 9:04am On Nov 01, 2020
As calabar boy wey i be... I must say that virginity is simply lack of opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Thattallgirl(f): 9:05am On Nov 01, 2020
Virginity can never be overrated. A lady who's a virgin with good character is a gift to her husband

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Diamondniyi(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2020
collinsuchendu:
grin Please NEVER marry any Nigerian girl hoe that is not a virgin. Don't say I did not warn you.

#HSD
Then, who will marry your sister??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 01, 2020
virginity is a woman's pride,though not every man deserves a woman's virginity,character comes after virginity,obeying God before any other thing is the cutest.Bless you all. shalom

8 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by gibsonwales(m): 9:13am On Nov 01, 2020
If I meet a lady, whose a virgin with good character, I'll never ask her for sex until we get married. Most ladies think sex is the only thing they can offer to entice a guy for attention or relationship (dating or marriage). Dis toto issue can make and break a negro !

5 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by thesilentman(m): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2020
Hope you can manage virgin wahala just as am doing now?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virginity Vs Character by SmartPolician: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2020
I don't need a virgin, but I need a girl with a good character

If I see a virgin, which is near impossible, it is a plus

Seeing a virgin between 23-30 is as hard as seeing a beautiful girl with a good character.

Getting good wives these days is veryyyyyyyy difficult

7 Likes

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2020
Angrykidd:
Character..
Virginity is like a balloon.
One prick and it's gone forever.

shocked I like that

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by RightToReject(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2020
Character is encompassing, and bad is different from weakness, just as good is different from strongness. The ability of a maiden to consciously stay a virgin is one of the numerous signs that show that she has a strong character, while the ones who consciously lost theirs show that they have a weakness. But the fact that they have a weakness does not automatically mean that they have a bad character. Perfection is still only of the sole creator of the world.

So, the fact that one makes some excuse for maidens who have lost their virginity doesn't automatically and necessarily mean that he/she supports unethical norms in the society.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virginity Vs Character by gibsonwales(m): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2020
If I meet a lady, whose a virgin with good character, I'll never ask her for sex until we get married. Most ladies think sex is the only thing they can offer to entice a guy for attention or relationship (dating or marriage). Dis toto issue can make or break a negro ! To all those sàré wá gbá, una go kolet tire !! Virginity is dignity, not loss of opportunity !!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virginity Vs Character by eyinjuege: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2020
To each their own.
Marry a virgin if you want, or a non virgin. It's your choice, and nobody should care about your preference and you don't need anyone's validation either.
Some prefer men/woman with poor character because that turns them on, some prefer good character. Still your choice and only you will live with it.
It only becomes disturbing when anyone wants to push their own agenda and enforce it on others - either those for virgin or non virgins, 'good' character or 'bad' character.
What I find concerning as a grown woman, is being told what to do with myself. Don't try to police my body.
I choose to lose my virginity, to sleep with whoever I want. For some of us, sex is a basic physiological need and not a spiritual need, and it is just what it is- sex.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virginity Vs Character by NwaliE01: 9:25am On Nov 01, 2020
We should not forget the biblical foolish virgin.

Some virgins are still foolish even in our days.

Some girls are still virgins because they have not had the opportunity to loose it.

Bible advised us on the kind of woman to look out for and that is a virteous woman.

Virteous woman is due to her character and not just virginity.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mbaka Supporter Threatens To Kill Bishop, Peter Obi After Church Ban (Vid) / What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) / Catholic Priest Involved In Gas Explosion Trying To Save Others - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.