Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Virginity Vs Character - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virginity Vs Character (33052 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / How Virginity Can Qualify You For Special Favours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Slynation(m): 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
coolsegun2002:
U don’t get it..... not spreading legs anyhow is good character
Period.....!!
Re: Virginity Vs Character by smartoliver(m): 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Gbam!... In fact take am double.. Gbam Gbam!!
Agritech:
Being a virgin lady in this present world shows there is a high probability the lady has other good attributes like :
1. The lady most likely has self control, the urge is there, but controlling sexual urge isn't easy. It is very easy for a lady to have s_x.

2. She is most likely not gullible. guys would try to convince her, non virgins girls would try to convince her, and she still didn't listen. Fews ladies are like that.

3. She is most likely not greedy. Money opens many girls legs.

4. She is most likely a careful person as she must have been avoiding places/circumstances where there is high likelihood that her viginity would be forcefully taken.

5. She is more likely to be God fearing. Keeping virginity is very dificulty, the fear of God is most likely what is making her do it.

That is not to say a nonvirgin can't have these attributes, but if you have 10 virgin girls and 10 nonvirgin girls, and you randomly sellect one girl each from the two groups, the girl sellected from the virgin group is most likely to be a better person character wise.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by smartoliver(m): 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sweet! grin
RightToReject:
Character is encompassing, and bad is different from weakness, just as good is different from strongness. The ability of a maiden to consciously stay a virgin is one of the numerous signs that show that she has a strong character, while the ones who consciously lost theirs show that they have a weakness. But the fact that they have a weakness does not automatically mean that they have a bad character. Perfection is still only of the sole creator of the world.

So, the fact that one makes some excuse for maidens who have lost their virginity doesn't automatically and necessarily mean that he/she supports unethical norms in the society.
Re: Virginity Vs Character by Pearly255(f): 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
Angrykidd:
Character..
Virginity is like a balloon.
One prick and it's gone forever.

I wish it was more than one prick grin

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by purples25(f): 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2020
Females that are not virgins are in trouble o. Its to look for the alien that took your own and force it to marry you cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
Most likely character, I get bad temper so someone with bad character will make me a cold person towards them.
Re: Virginity Vs Character by Greatzeus(m): 12:06am On Nov 02, 2020
alexisbaby:

No when a man or woman abhors sexual sin until marriage it is in keeping to God's principle. I don't think it's any gift to any spouse.

Some women become desolate much later in their marriage when their husband starts committing adultery, you will hear them lamenting how they where virgins until the wedding night, I find such women amusing at their ignorance.

Keeping ones body pure is a call to both young men and women not only women, fornication is a sin and God did not give any one a free pass on sexual sin.

Please enough of all this nonsense that the best thing that can happen to any woman is marriage, the best thing that can happen to any body on this earth be it a man or woman is having a relationship with Christ.

A marriage can only be termed a good one when both parties involved put in their 100% to make it work. When a man is busy roaming around committing adultery it is a failed marriage, that his wife is still living with him does not make it a successful one, that his wife is stupidly condoning it doesn't mean that God has condoned it. If that man does not repent he will definitely find himself in hell after death.
This is how bitter a lady always sounds when virginity topics comes up and she remembers she lost hers over indomie and a bottle of coke. You will always live with that memory if you like write an epistle to paint all virgins as evil, mannerless and with evil character. cool

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by unmask: 6:51am On Nov 02, 2020
advocatejare:
Virginity is virtuous but not all non-virgins were promiscuous.

Character is very important.

But who would you choose if given a choice between two women both with good characters, one being a virgin and the other not a virgin.
definitely a non virgin....
Re: Virginity Vs Character by PrinceGoku(m): 6:55am On Nov 02, 2020
purples25:
Females that are not virgins are in trouble o. Its to look for the alien that took your own and force it to marry you cheesy grin

Are you? if not I'm the one that took it and I demand you marry me angry

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by unmask: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2020
coolsegun2002:
U don’t get it..... not spreading legs anyhow is good character
lol....and what is spreading legs any how.....the emphasis we put on sex.
Sex is for procreation and pleasure

And as difficult as it may sound, some people actually enjoy having sex for the pleasure they get
Re: Virginity Vs Character by tfash96(m): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2020
thesilentman:

You seem oblivious to the fact that most virgins are invariably in their early twenties.Thus their level of maturity is reasonably low and you'd have to be like a mentor,pruning her to become a fully-fledged lady for aeons.Except you want a stupidly-docile virgin as a wifey.
toorr may God continue to empower you to continue lecturing her o

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by coolsegun2002: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2020
unmask:
lol....and what is spreading legs any how.....the emphasis we put on sex.
Sex is for procreation and pleasure

And as difficult as it may sound, some people actually enjoy having sex for the pleasure they get

What’s your point exactly..??

Yes, sex is meant for procreation and pleasure...
Are u trying to invalidate the role of discipline because I hear doctors preach absteinance all the time

U ended up saying something “ having sex for pleasure may sound difficult” may sound difficult, I don’t get how that sounds difficult to you...

So once again, i get ur English.. but I don’t really get your point...
Re: Virginity Vs Character by coolsegun2002: 7:27am On Nov 02, 2020
unmask:
definitely a non virgin....

Because??
Re: Virginity Vs Character by coolsegun2002: 7:30am On Nov 02, 2020
Greatzeus:

This is how bitter a lady always sounds when virginity topics comes up and she remembers she lost hers over indomie and a bottle of coke. You will always live with that memory if you like write an epistle to paint all virgins as evil, mannerless and with evil character. cool

You are wicked...lol...
you are a natural Nigerian politician....

Re: Virginity Vs Character by coolsegun2002: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2020
alexisbaby:

No when a man or woman abhors sexual sin until marriage it is in keeping to God's principle. I don't think it's any gift to any spouse.

#absteinance is not a religious matter only, don’t make it look like that.... doctors preach it, many culture before religion came uphold it...

Some women become desolate much later in their marriage when their husband starts committing adultery, you will hear them lamenting how they where virgins until the wedding night, I find such women amusing at their ignorance.....

# this ur point is funny... so if a woman has like 10-20 body counts, she won’t feel desolate when her husband cheats?? Men cheat, it’s has nothing to do with marrying a virgin or non-virgin
it has to do with discipline...

Keeping ones body pure is a call to both young men and women not only women, fornication is a sin and God did not give any one a free pass on sexual sin.....

# yes.. u are correct from a religious angle...but this thread is simply asking men what kind women they want....no one is saying it’s okay for men to have a community pen!s

Please enough of all this nonsense that the best thing that can happen to any woman is marriage, the best thing that can happen to any body on this earth be it a man or woman is having a relationship with Christ.

# “marriage is the best thing that can happen to woman” is an old saying back when women don’t have a life and all they are waiting in their father’s house is for a man to give them everything through marriage...example, regina daniels...as old as that saying is....some lazy and good digging women still make that fallacious statement valid till today...

A marriage can only be termed a good one when both parties involved put in their 100% to make it work. When a man is busy roaming around committing adultery it is a failed marriage, that his wife is still living with him does not make it a successful one, that his wife is stupidly condoning it doesn't mean that God has condoned it. If that man does not repent he will definitely find himself in hell after death.

# ok....I guess u are right here

All together, it’s hard to truly know somebody... people can be pretending... u could meet a man that’s a wife beater and u won’t know...a man can meet slut or prost!tute and he won’t know...so life is a risk....going to marriage is a risk too.
when men say they want virgins, it’s not about breaking hymen...men belive it takes discipline to be a Virgin in today’s world. discipline is rare quality...a person that can be sexually disciplined may likely be disciplined in many other areas of life.....for men... choosing a Virgin is a calculated risk...
Re: Virginity Vs Character by immortalcrown(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2020
Geofavor:

The right question to ask is which do you value more: virginity or character? Pick one. That will help you correctly choose. If you value character more, you will choose the one with the better character regardless of her virginity status.
If you value virginity more, you will choose the virgin regardless of her character.

It's that simple.

Only an insincere mind will harbour this question. Why would you phrase the question to be "Between virginity and good character"? Are there no virgins with good characters? Are there no deflowered persons with bad characters? Is there a society in which only the deflowered persons have good characters while all the virgins have bad characters? As there are virgins with bad characters, are there no deflowered persons with bad characters? Is there a society that has only deflowered persons and no virgins? Your suggested phrasing of the question is like mandating somebody to choose between hot water and fire when cold water is available.
Re: Virginity Vs Character by maisams01(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2020
Liposure:
two people. one a mannerless virgin, the other a good mannered non virgin
why do you guys insist on saying mannerless virgins
I can bet my life there are more mannerless non virgins than mannerless virgins

1 Like

Re: Virginity Vs Character by Liposure: 9:08am On Nov 02, 2020
maisams01:
why do you guys insist on saying mannerless virgins
I can bet my life there are more mannerless non virgins than mannerless virgins
you re dead wrong
Re: Virginity Vs Character by maisams01(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2020
Liposure:
you re dead wrong
so what's your point?
You guys are making it seems all virgins have bad characters while the non virgins have good characters
You should rise from this fantasy
Re: Virginity Vs Character by coolsegun2002: 9:57am On Nov 02, 2020
maisams01:
so what's your point?
You guys are making it seems all virgins have bad characters while the non virgins have good characters

This should not surprise you...??when we have like 1 virgin out of 10,000 girls..the non-virgins that have thrown theirs away over a indomie, asùn, pepper soup and Smirnoff naturally beef the virgins..
.the guys too hate the virgins becos they just believe they are arrogant and forming since they won’t allow them chop and clean mouth..

.can’t U see the thread is full of people trying to make being a Virgin look like a crime.....
Re: Virginity Vs Character by Liposure: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2020
maisams01:
so what's your point?
You should rise from this fantasy
i'm not in support of immorality. don't get me wrong. I'm only trying to draw the line btw chastity and good character. All virgins can't be well behaved same way all nonvirgins may not be wayward
Re: Virginity Vs Character by maisams01(m): 10:33am On Nov 02, 2020
coolsegun2002:

This should not surprise you...??when we have like 1 virgin out of 10,000 girls..the non-virgins that have thrown theirs away over a indomie, asùn, pepper soup and Smirnoff naturally beef the virgins..
.the guys too hate the virgins becos they just believe they are arrogant and forming since they won’t allow them chop and clean mouth..

.can’t U see the thread is full of people trying to make being a Virgin look like a crime.....
like seriously the way people talk you will think virginity and character are opposite of each other
Re: Virginity Vs Character by maisams01(m): 10:35am On Nov 02, 2020
Liposure:
i'm not in support of immorality. don't get me wrong. I'm only trying to draw the line btw chastity and good character. All virgins can't be well behaved same way all nonvirgins may not be wayward
you guys talk like virginity and character are opposite of each other and I am telling you the possibility of finding a virgin with good character is more than the possibility of finding a non virgin with good character
Re: Virginity Vs Character by Liposure: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2020
Pearly255:

I wish it was more than one prick grin
must be sad
Re: Virginity Vs Character by Liposure: 10:44am On Nov 02, 2020
purples25:
why sound desperate. There is one soulmate for everybody
Re: Virginity Vs Character by Geofavor(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
immortalcrown:

Only an insincere mind will harbour this question. Why would you phrase the question to be "Between virginity and good character"? Are there no virgins with good characters? Are there no deflowered persons with bad characters? Is there a society in which only the deflowered persons have good characters while all the virgins have bad characters? As there are virgins with bad characters, are there no deflowered persons with bad characters? Is there a society that has only deflowered persons and no virgins? Your suggested phrasing of the question is like mandating somebody to choose between hot water and fire when cold water is available.

I was working with the topic of discussion: virginity Vs character. I don't know if you've seen the post I made after that. That should give you a better perception.
Re: Virginity Vs Character by immortalcrown(m): 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
Geofavor:

I was working with the topic of discussion: virginity Vs character. I don't know if you've seen the post I made after that. That should give you a better perception.

I have not seen the post.
Re: Virginity Vs Character by wirinet(m): 2:58pm On Nov 02, 2020
coolsegun2002:

Are u trying to invalidate the role of discipline because I hear doctors preach absteinance all the time
So sex is a measure of discipline? Is it a measure of discipline only in the pre-virgin years or throughout your lifetime
Discipline in what exactly? Sexual issues only or also in other spheres of life like career, marriage, goals, etc.

Which doctor recommends absteinance? Maybe academic doctors (in theology ), but definitely not medical doctors. Medical doctors recommend a healthy sex life for good psychological anf physiological health. At worst doctors recommend use of condoms, birth control and single sex partners to reduce sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

U ended up saying something “ having sex for pleasure may sound difficult” may sound difficult, I don’t get how that sounds difficult to you...

If you want to be celebrate or abstain from sex, that's your own business. You have no right to poke your nose into other people's sex lives.
Re: Virginity Vs Character by coolsegun2002: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
wirinet:

So sex is a measure of discipline? Is it a measure of discipline only in the pre-virgin years or throughout your lifetime
Discipline in what exactly? Sexual issues only or also in other spheres of life like career, marriage, goals, etc.

Which doctor recommends absteinance? Maybe academic doctors (in theology ), but definitely not medical doctors. Medical doctors recommend a healthy sex life for good psychological anf physiological health. At worst doctors recommend use of condoms, birth control and single sex partners to reduce sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

If you want to be celebrate or abstain from sex, that's your own business. You have no right to poke your nose into other people's sex lives.

It hard to dialogue with people like u....first u make assumption and build up on the on it.... I never said sex is a measure of discipline, that’s a very general statement...I only asked u are u if you are invalidating the place of discipline when it comes to sex..?? And u never responded..

Two, medical doctors preach absteinance as the best solution to avoiding stds and also add that if you can’t abstain till marriage, which is where people are expected to be faithful....,use protection...so again, I don’t get your point here.

Finally.... u sound like u are angry or have authority issues...How did poke into people’s sex lives?? Or did I poke into urs?? Again I don’t get u... u seem to be good at making assumption...
Re: Virginity Vs Character by unmask: 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
coolsegun2002:

Abstinence is preached as a preventative against STIs

"Difficult" in the context refers to most people's beliefs that some folks just want to have sex for the pleasure regardless of who and how many partners they have.
Re: Virginity Vs Character by unmask: 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
coolsegun2002:

Because??
It is a certain decision that one takes that shows to an extent they are not confined to societal norms that have kept a lot of people captive till date. Also shows they are capable of making tough decisions.

A good number regrets it.....But in the end they made a very tough decision and learnt to live with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Can You Be Good Without GOD??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.