Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,722 members, 7,851,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu (32851 Views)

A Governor Practicing Sharia Stole Public Funds, Bought Hotel In Lagos - Sanusi / Aisha Yesufu: I Got My NYSC Even Before Buhari Wrote His Cambridge / Fashola Has Depreciated – Aisha Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by JoeEeL(m): 6:57am On Nov 01, 2020
MisterKings:

If her religion will be a barrier then she needs to drop it

That will make it worse. After gaining much traction, she would be viewed even far more harshly in light of what is termed the Islamic apostasy. She should not even be caught by those fanatics cos her head will be displaced. This is why Islam is exactly a deadly cult.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Iamsane: 7:03am On Nov 01, 2020
One4me:
That woman is only allowed to roam around because she is a Northerner, if she were to be a Southerner, Buhari would have ordered his goons in DSS to lock her up.
Evil, Nepotistic, herdsmen fanatic, that Buhari

You are stupid upon ignorance. Aisha Yesufu is from Edo State
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by JastSiryin(m): 7:20am On Nov 01, 2020
SAMBARRY:
yeah'right grin

That's what you people tell yourselves to make yourselves feel better? grin

Like Solomon Buchi Abi? wink
Didnt even know who the Solomon guy was, had to look him up. But i must say, good for him. And don't mind all the religious nonsense he gave as reasons. What he meant was "I'm finally getting pussy, yay!" grin
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by BRATISLAVA: 7:31am On Nov 01, 2020
Rodwave will not like this. He will fly into insults whenever he perceives anyone to be of an opinion contrary to his. Internet SARS officer. An empty vessel quoting others to insult them.
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2020
benjackugo:
A Twitter user asked Aisha Yesufu how she handles her home and the socio-political activist responded, IgbereTV reports.

It began when YouTuber Sisi Yemmie asked why women are always expected to be polite, humble, and not too confident.

She tweeted:

https://twitter.com/Sisi_Yemmie/status/1322469097930633216?s=19

Aisha Yesufu responded to Sisi Yemmie's tweet, writing:

https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1322493655563849730?s=19

A man then asked Aisha how she handles her home.

He wrote:

https://twitter.com/Mg_Raph/status/1322494642525528064?s=19

And Aisha Yesufu, who has been married for 22 years, responded:

https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1322497257594343424?s=19

Below are the rest of her tweets in reaction the question from her follower.

https://igberetvnews.com/1369993/husband-practicing-feminist-aisha-yesufu/

Take all you see and hear on social media with a pinch of salt. It's always sweet and rosy on social media. In real life, na another story
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2020
SAMBARRY:
yeah'right grin

That's what you people tell yourselves to make yourselves feel better? grin

Like Solomon Buchi Abi? wink

Lol. Solomon Buchi that renounced feminism so months back. That one just dey use Una cruise grin
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

She would still have gotten the recognition she deserved if she wasn't wearing a hijab. When women do things ordinarily expected of men, it makes waves. That's how feminism works.

Na initial gra gra. Feminism and Nigeria are two worlds apart

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 8:02am On Nov 01, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t know why most Naija men hate to see a man treat his wife as an equal. Even if she never mentioned the feminist bit, reading through the sacrifices her husband makes is enough to give them chest pain. If I see any alfa male near my man, I will poison his drink before e scatter the good thing we share. grin grin

Good thing grin
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 8:04am On Nov 01, 2020
crackhaus:

You're always on point, okay not always but mostly... grin

Honestly, there's nothing out of the ordinary in their family dynamic if we are to go by what are on those screenshots.
Perhaps the fact that she used the term feminist to describe her husband is the reason why people are reacting.

I mean take a look at this particular tweet below – she says he didn't know when his own kids were writing exams. Doesn't that imply he was not a hands-on father, or perhaps he was, but not to a large extent?
This kind of contradicts that whole feminist narrative.

I get her point though, the summary of it all is that her husband supports her aluta hustle and does not hold her down/back, which would be typical of muslims.

What I don't know is if this makes him a feminist, or simply makes him a supportive husband which is what every sensible man with a sensible wife actually is.

However, being the latter (supportive) does not automatically make one the former (feminist), and she may have being conflating the two.

The ONLY totally sensible comment in this thread. I move to another

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by OJURONGBE1(m): 8:13am On Nov 01, 2020
God forbid i contribute to an agenda that rascal like this wish to overdramatize.
Feminism is about encouraging the girl child to dare to dream, to go to school, learn a skill, challenge for executive and political positions and not necessarily depend on a man for survival, and not tell them they should disrespect their men because they make money.
Even the Bible & Quran clearly stated that men are the head of the house and that do not in any way mean, a woman's role has been relegated to the kitchen or bedroom.
There are way too many successful women who took care of their husbands and homes without bating an eyelid over it.

This is the reason why we're having bitter single women , single moms , surge in the cases of lesbianism.

Hilary Clinton, Okonjo iweala, ibukun Awosika, Fela Durotoye even Michelle Obama that championed their cause, all took time off from their jobs to look after their husband and children at a point in their lives. Go and read up about them . It was when they started having large families that they seeked for house helps.

They will tell you life has evolved and there's too much busyness as at now as if people haven't been working 7-5pm jobs since time immemorial.

This same Aisha husband that looted health insurance scheme dry when he was leaving is now the moral high priest authority.
That is why men should stop acting like sissies, going after this sort of women as if their lives depend on them.
Just look at the nonsense she said ' I am not a morning person' , I won't be surprise if the man is the woman of the house (Emasculated mofo).

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Rodwave: 8:25am On Nov 01, 2020
BRATISLAVA:
Rodwave will not like this. He will fly into insults whenever he perceives anyone to be of an opinion contrary to his. Internet SARS officer. An empty vessel quoting others to insult them.

It is obvious that you are an escaped yabaleft patient. Get well soon
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by SAMBARRY: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2020
ityP:

Lol. Solomon Buchi that renounced feminism so months back. That one just dey use Una cruise grin
wink

He wanted to make you people feel good and add more followers wink

He apparently achieved his aim and back to statuesquo wink

If you doubt me check his page after the "supposed acting" grin
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by SAMBARRY: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2020
JastSiryin:
Didnt even know who the Solomon guy was, had to look him up. But i must say, good for him. And don't mind all the religious nonsense he gave as reasons. What he meant was "I'm finally getting pussy, yay!" grin
grin

Story for the gods grin
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 01, 2020
intruder15:

She isn't.

Subsequently, try reading from the horse's mouth. Her screenshots are there to read. Not what the writer extracted and wrote.

If we learn to read the content and not the subject and surface message, Nigeria will be a better place because we will be guided accordingly.

Don't bother. You wouldn't understand the hidden message
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by pocohantas(f): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You don't know what "role modelling" means, do you?

Engaging eediots on this forum gives me a headache everytime.

Especially an ediot that thinks himself wise. Imagine mentioning genetics. So genes only pass down to the same gender?Lmao! Penis people won’t kill me with their superior logic. Rebuttal is not by force abeg. grin grin

Happy new month nne.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Playermayweda(m): 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
I really accept the concept of Feminism,But I don't like feminist, Most I've seen are biased
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
SAMBARRY:
wink

He wanted to make you people feel good and add more followers wink

He apparently achieved his aim and back to statuesquo wink

If you doubt me check his page after the "supposed acting" grin

Lmao. Babes wey really sabi am don call am out. Him and one other friend of his. He is actually making you ladies feel good with the so called feminist chants. Real life, e dey deal with women grin grin
I go soon follow in his footsteps
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
Playermayweda:
I really accept the concept of Feminism,But I don't like feminist, Most I've seen are biased

Lol. Very few TRUE feminists exists in Nigeria. Most only get mouth for social media. I love dating them grin
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
JastSiryin:

Lol. See eh, babes dey hardly follow feminist guys o. Buchi sef confirmed it. Highest he might get is small hailing from the female folks. After hailing him, these babes go return back to their patriarchal boyfriends. I been dey him shoes that year
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by SAMBARRY: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
ityP:

Lmao. Babes wey really sabi am don call am out. Him and one other friend of his. He is actually making you ladies feel good with the so called feminist chants. Real life, e dey deal with women grin grin
I go soon follow in his footsteps
story for the gods grin

But remind your egugun to be careful of,Na express e dey go so grin tongue
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Playermayweda(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
ityP:

Lol. Very few TRUE feminists exists in Nigeria. Most only get mouth for social media. I love dating them grin

Especially all those black Us girls wey like to de run mouth Anyhow,They only know how to be feminist when it merits them

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by ityP(m): 1:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
Playermayweda:

Especially all those black Us girls wey like to de run mouth Anyhow,They only know how to be feminist when it merits them

See eh, if you wan marry real feminist, marry oyinbo woman. No headache whatsoever
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by crackhaus: 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
bukatyne:

I am always on point grin

I read those posts and saw nothing extraordinary.

The standard of Nigerian husbands must have fallen if filling gas cylinders and preparing a kid for school in the morning is 'simping'.

Considering her religious background, I get her referring to him as 'feminist' even if all she wanted to say is 'supportive'.

I would group humans into two:

1. People who look at labels and not actions: once you claim the right label (feminist, anti-feminist, red puller, Christian etc.) they don't care about your actions.

2. People who look at actions and not labels: they don't care what you call yourself or don't, they look at your actions.

People triggered by this thread and similar threads across divides fit into box one.

Some husbands here might be more hands-on than Aisha's husband. However, the label 'feminist' automatically makes him a Simp. On the flip side, the label 'feminist' makes him perfect and ideal even though he did not know when his son wrote common entrance.

I'm in this category.

Not just actions but overall lifestyle...
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by bluefilm: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
bukatyne:

What shows emasculation in the post she shared?

As a man, When your wife can proudly proclaim that you are feminist with such audacity and arrogance, it only shows that you are finished.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by molbic(m): 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
JoeEeL:
This woman, you don try for the #endSars but e don do you o. undecided

You go dey do like say you no sabi d kind religion wey you come from wey them like to dey cut head anyhow. We still want you alive. Dishing out back-to-back western values this way in the open is bound to cause severe burning sensation in the hearts of those people across the sahel; those ones that all they know is to subjugate, domesticate and terrorise women and non-muslims. cool
CHAii don't leave me Don't leave me

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by JoeEeL(m): 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
molbic:
CHAii don't leave me Don't leave me

Lol ur wahala too much.
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Goalnaldo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
pocohantas:

Aisha is cancelled. grin
Same way they cancelled segalink grin
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by stanliwise(m): 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
ityP:

Take all you see and hear on social media with a pinch of salt. It's always sweet and rosy on social media. In real life, na another story
It means your comment na also story na

Abi no be social media e dey?

Pinch of salt for your comment grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by bukatyne(f): 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
bluefilm:

As a man, When your wife can proudly proclaim that you are feminist with such audacity and arrogance, it only shows that you are finished.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even if the man is an abuser or not supportive at home?

This is an extremely mypotic view.
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by bluefilm: 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2020
bukatyne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even if the man is an abuser or not supportive at home?

This is an extremely mypotic view.

Myopic view or not, that's your _fucking business.

All I know is that no real Gee will allow his wife call him a feminist, except he's a pussyass nigga.

That's like the biggest insult in the man-osphere!!!
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Ebenezer202I: 8:55am On Nov 03, 2020
small fame she don start to push the "borderline criminal" Feminist Movement.

Watch how the Twitter feminists will flock around her advocating for equal rights but rejecting equal responsibilities.

And her husband is also a feminist? That
synonymous to saying that her husband is an irredeemable SIMP

wow I'm so much in love with all these three stanzas of yours, especially the second one kiss
Re: My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu by Ebenezer202I: 9:11am On Nov 03, 2020
Fahdiga:
same person using alternate moniker to bash me and then praise himself
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi FaniKayode: If Cows Were Affected By Coronavirus, What Buhari Would've Done / Pastor Osagie Ize-lyamu Campaigns In Fugar, Edo North (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Seriously Ill In Prison, Loses Blood - IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.