Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,555 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers (32185 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Igboho's Cat Because They Thought He Changed To Cat / The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 / APC Website Publishes Plagiarised Manifesto - The Guardian Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Iyremafunwa: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
It's indeed a bad situation here in Oyigbo.
One can't go out to buy food.
Shooting here and there.
Killing is like a norm.
People are dieing in numbers via shooting
By soldiers.
Oyigbo need Government intervention.
There are many innocent people suffering the whole thing.
#ENDKILLINGINOYIGBO

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by chatinent: 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
undecided
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by JoeEeL(m): 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
johndavid1:
What the journalist said was the truth, I was a victim of what happened that day, I was on my way to work when I was caught despite showing the military men my i.d card they declined. they tortured me untill I was servely bleeding.. I went through hell that day

So how do they differentiate the real enemies they're looking for as opposed to average commuters and pedestrians like you? Do they just torture anyone they see ni? I am not understanding o
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Silverpurple: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
Nawa, I see this started from boiz in oyigbo killing soldiers.

I guess those lot did not read history at all.

I hope this violence stops.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Silverpurple: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
marsman:
Not only Igbos, the last time a soldier was killed in OSun state. during the ife-modakeke war, that was what ended the war.

There are uninformed youths there that convinced themselves to kill military men. I suspect the military is making that area a deterrent to anybody that might want to do it again in the country.

I hope peace returns.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by sapientia(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
Jeezuzpick:

Does Wike control the Army?
If your answer is "yes",

Does Sanwoolu control the Army?

His haste in tagging a national crisis across all states as the work of Ipob gave him power to request for the military.

Its totally wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by ignis: 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
zimdante:

Hope you can defend yourself when it start

Why not if not?
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by JoeEeL(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
Malawian:
How do the people there eat if there is 24hr curfew? I believe Wike is infringing on the fundamental human rights of the people of Oyibo.

Nigeria does not run on democracy. It looks like it, but it's not. Separation is a must as things stand.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Mayng01(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
helinues:

That's the journalist version of the story.

Let's hear from the soldiers
So when you hear Nigerian soldiers side you will believe them right?
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Omezif(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Those that really killed soldiers have ran away while innocent ones are now suffering for the crime they didn't commit.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by GavelSlam: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
He's not even a journalist but a driver with the newspaper.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by GavelSlam: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Iyremafunwa:
It's indeed a bad situation here in Oyigbo.
One can't go out to buy food.
Shooting here and there.
Killing is like a norm.
People are dieing in numbers via shooting
By soldiers.
Oyigbo need Government intervention.
There are many innocent people suffering the whole thing.
#ENDKILLINGINOYIGBO

Why not stop killing soldiers?
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by abimic(m): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
During the corona lock down, residents formed independent army to wade off the popularly called 1 million boys from attacking, robbing and maiming residents here in Lagos State and even ogun. But now, hoodlums took opportunity of the almost near absent security operatives to not even just wreck havoc on security officers and apparatus, even residents and business people aren't spared by these hoodlums. I hope there won't be a repeat of what happened in odi at oyigbo. How I wish residents in their numbers can wade off hoodlums trying to foment trouble in their own locality, because when the chips are down, only the downtrodden would feel the brunt.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Sonoyom(m): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
Make soldier drop gun come do hand to hand.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by kettykin: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
Unik3030:
Nnamdi Kanu ordered his followers to burn down places n they did as he ordered n he claimed he was responsible for it.

The governor realised ipob was making d state ungovernable for him n he proscribed them terrorist n declared their leader wanted by placing a 50 million naira bounty on him

Nnamdi Kanu d joker who took responsibility for ordering d damage placed a 100 million naira bounty on a sitting governor,who does that?

Wike is trying to show him that madness pass madness, Nnamdi Kanu even adviced his followers to sleep in d bush to evade arrest while he himself is sleeping in a safe haven in UK.

It's only a pity that innocent people would also b caught in this web,so I believe at this stage Igbos are gradually seeing d handwriting on d wall.

This man said he's ready to sacrifice 5 million people for his ambition n he's gradually doing it by staying safe

have u ever heard of any member of Nnamdi Kanu family killed for d struggle?

is he affected now?
if they kill 5 million like he said,he won't still b affected

I am a lover of freedom but Nnamdi Kanu style can never bring freedom for igbos

We understand Nnamdi kanu as an usurper and opportunist but is this why the same military that has failed in the fight against terrorism, against fulani herdsmen and against boko haram should vent their hypocrisy and cowardice on unarmed people in obigbo.

Nnamdi kanu is a big fraud but Nigeria military should take their unprofessionalism elsewhere. Even captured boko haram militants were not treated like this.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by desmondidiot: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
One day, it will be your turn.
You will seek justice you will not find.
Your always supporting anything bad.

helinues:

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by YungMillionaire: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2020
zimdante:
If they killed soldiers, then...

What do you mean 'THEY.' If someone kills a soldier, then locate the person and let the laws of the land take its course. Going around assassinating random Igbos and Igbos is 100% wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by YungMillionaire: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
tesppidd:
I wonder why it has taken this long to bring up this story simply because Wike is not of APC.Where is Amnesty International the PDP pressure group?You won't hear Reno, Kola, FFK, Secondus and co say a single word now.But if it is anything that concerns APC or Buhari they will be ejaculating all over the place and calling UN, ICC, Hague, Amnesty International.

This is my problem with Nairaland Igbos. Even on this issue they are relatively quiet because its a PDP person doing the genocide. Imagine if this was happening to Igbos in SW. You will see them here screaming TINUBU TINUBU TINUBU as if Tinubu is responsible for their orgasm.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Unik3030: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2020
Tumbulum:
Wike should turn the table around and he will see BH members being granted amnesty and flown with military jets.
The south is the problem of the South. Why must curfew be declared in rivers? How many soldiers have been killed compared to thousands that have been murdered by BH members
governors in the north are romancing terrorist n it's affecting their economy,who in his right mind will invest in a troubled zone?

so u want Wike to b romancing terrorist so that the state can become a troubled zone where investors will leave abi?

because northerners are playing d dangerous game n it's affecting it's economy,u want southerners to do same too abi?
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by prodev981: 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
Why kill Soldiers and burning Police stations, that was a clear invitation of trouble.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by vicrot20: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
You heard the journalist's side of the story and started talking thrash about soldiers. Have you heard the soldiers' side of the story? Mind You, the difference between Nigerian Soldiers and You civilian is not just arms ok. Don't fall into the hands of an average Nigerian soldier pls
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Unik3030: 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
Omezif:
Those that really killed soldiers have ran away while innocent ones are now suffering for the crime they didn't commit.
they folded their arms for too long n allowed terrorist to have a field day in their land.

they will b taught a lesson they will never forget so next time they won't allow terrorist in their land
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by EgusiShankly: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
tesppidd:
I wonder why it has taken this long to bring up this story simply because Wike is not of APC.

Where is Amnesty International the PDP pressure group?

You won't hear Reno, Kola, FFK, Secondus and co say a single word now.

But if it is anything that concerns APC or Buhari they will be ejaculating all over the place and calling UN, ICC, Hague, Amnesty International.
Especially that Reno

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Chibuike17: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
Why can't this zombies go and face boko Haram instead of innocent people enough is enough remember as u kill on out of hate sambisa will be ur next transfer location and you will never come ba angryck grin grin angry.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by History555: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
Soldiers killed in the north yet no curfew or retaliation on the communities

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Hammer2019: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
tunjion:
They are shooting, raping and torturing people to death in Oyigbo.

Keep spreading fake news.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by History555: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
More

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by fof1: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
helinues:

U are an unserious Fellow. The Type Nigeria doesn't require. Am in Port Harcourt, a Rivers indigent.what u read is very Correct. My Youngest Brother a Graduate lives in Obigbo and has told me same things his Neighbor Suffered two days ago,wanting to escape d area in d interim. Ur Doubting Types are d ones that enter Danger after being Warned...Pls Be Careful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by mdchikezie(m): 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
sapientia:
If they can do this to a Journalist

Wike has failed

God forbid.

it should not be done to anyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by FisifunKododada: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
YungMillionaire:
This is my problem with Nairaland Igbos. Even on this issue they are relatively quiet because its a PDP person doing the genocide. Imagine if this was happening to Igbos in SW. You will see them here screaming TINUBU TINUBU TINUBU as if Tinubu is responsible for their orgasm.

The OP should put TINUBU in the title so that Nairaland Igbos can come and see what Wike is doing to their people in Oyigbo.

Nairaland Igbos are MOSTLY PDP zombies. As far as they are concerned half the Igbos in SE can be slaughtered as long as it is done by an Igbo or PDP person. Peter Obi (with Obiano and SARS office James Nwafor) slaughtered dozens - no single pip from these degenerates. They will leave all the poverty and underdevelopment in alaigbo and by poking their dirty noses on SW politics. They are disgusting human beings. Their biggest obstacle in life is Tinubu - someone who has never held elected office in Igbo land.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by mdchikezie(m): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
vicrot20:
You heard the journalist's side of the story and started talking thrash about soldiers. Have you heard the soldiers' side of the story? Mind You, the difference between Nigerian Soldiers and You civilian is not just arms ok. Don't fall into the hands of an average Nigerian soldier pls

OGA I DO NOT NEED TO HEAR FROM ANY SOLDIER SIDE. WE ALL COME FROM NIGERIA AND WE KNOW HOW THEY BEHAVE WHEN THEY SEE ARMLESS CITIZENS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE ON A SO CALLED INSTRUCTION.
THEY'VE NEVA COUNTER ATTACKED BOKO HARAM WHILST BOKO HAS SLAUGHTERED THEM IN THEIR NUMBERS.

THE TOTAL DIFFERENCE BTW A NIG SOLDIER AND CIVILIAN IS JUST ARMS PERIOD. DO THEY HAVE SUPERPOWERS OTHER THAN THE SO CALLED TRAINING THEY GO THROUGH IN WHICH WE AS ORDINARY PEOPLE GO THROUGH EVERYDAY IN SEARCH OF DAILY BREAD.
BRING EACH OF THEM ONE ON ONE AND DROP GUN, SEE IF I NO GO COMOT THEIR TEETH JUST NOW.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by History555: 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
mdchikezie:

it should not be done to anyone

Not only wike but southern governors from anambra to enugu, abia, rivers, bayelsa, akwa ibom , benue etc. It's either they invite soldiers to kill their people or soldiers kill their people on their own invitation with the governor looking the other way. But you can never see a nothern gov call army to kill his people neither will Nigeria army ever retaliate the killing of its soldiers in the north.

Yet u see southerns rejoice at their folly. Remember victor malu who defended the odi massacre only to cry over the zaki biam massacre. Tomorrow if army invades wike community, you will see wike crying foul.

Southerners for you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / FEC Meeting Holds In Aisha Buhari's Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.