Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers (32186 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Igboho's Cat Because They Thought He Changed To Cat / The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 / APC Website Publishes Plagiarised Manifesto - The Guardian Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by stormborn28(m): 9:43am On Nov 01, 2020
helinues:

That's the journalist version of the story.

Let's hear from the soldiers
do you expect truth from the devil?
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by ProT: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2020
helinues:

That's the journalist version of the story.

Let's hear from the soldiers

I'm NOT surprised; the level of poverty in the land has made people become mon.sters just for 30k.

You forgot to add that Ahmadu is IPOB.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by nigeriansamurai(m): 9:55am On Nov 01, 2020
alizma:

Did US army actually made mockery of them or you have inferiority complex? The US army admitted that those who kidnapped their citizen has no affiliation with Boko Haram but bandits in need of money. Has Nigerian army not being in the rescue of kidnapped people by bandits and even the Boko Haram? Of you think it is that easy, join the Army.
I am not saying that people are not being arrested for breaching the curfew but when something happened, try as much as possible to give account of the situation as they were rather than exaggerating things
Accepting violation of human rights speak of inferiority complex

No matter how hard it is to be in the military it is not right for them to act the way they act the purely donot have the right to act like that it is just like saying because someone is poor he has the legitimate right to rob someone and if you feel the stories are over exaggerated why dont you come over to oyigbo right now

Despite the so called rescues (which i think mostly are lies) and progress why have we not seen any results how many areas have been secured by the military every day "audio" air strikes

In a democratic state where soilders instead of defend destroy lifes and properties
Compare the Nigerian army and the US army in terms of democracy now tell me if it isn't pure mockery
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Abaman001(m): 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
Powersurge:
An injustice to one is an injustice to all. Oyigbo people should not be treated like criminals in their fatherland.

The said land belongs to Ogonis
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Chimasoka: 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
Williams Uchemba a Popular Nollywood Actor Set to Tie The Knot With a Fulani Virgin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxIsBpGldq4
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by marsman: 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
Silverpurple:

There are uninformed youths there that convinced themselves to kill military men. I suspect the military is making that area a deterrent to anybody that might want to do it again in the country.

I hope peace returns.
It is either the youths were stupid or overly courageous, relating with military people is a maybe for me talk less of hurting them. Does guys get angry easily
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by marsman: 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
History555:
Soldiers killed in the north yet no curfew or retaliation on the communities

why not carry your bags and live there(in the north), were everything is normal and there is no terrorist. Comparing a red zone to oyigbo, oil dey your head.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Benzemma(m): 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
tunjion:

https://guardian.ng/news/soldiers-arrest-torture-the-guardian-driver-others-in-rivers/
only in a confused country that Nigeria is, you will hear that soldiers are on "REPRISAL"Attack on citizens for one of their member killed, instead of carrying out professional investigation to bring the culprit to book. Actually this country is not the will of God, but we keep on deceiving ourselves.

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by angelEmade: 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Jamescyray:

I've seen where your problem lie. Human has low value to you, especially when they are not up to you. A typical example of Nigeria leader. I respect everyone whether older or younger, but above that, fundamental human rights must always be respected.

Enjoy been happy seeing innocent people been treated unjustly.
Case closed.
you are very nice.
you are even still respecting the slowpoke
whosoever he is...
...an ordinary and common human being that God can remove from this planet anytime.
how dare him call a fellow human being 'ordinary'
I guess he is one of those soldiers.
he should read about general Malu the army chief who got the same treatment he gave to the people of ODI
God bless you...fellow Nigerian
May God, make you greater than the idiot.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Erojepromise(f): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
haven't gotten the full report on obigbo but it totally wrong and unlawful for the military to arrest and torture unarmed citizens all in the name of fishing out those that killed their colleagues...#end army brutality#end obigbo killings.. sometimes l wonder whether Nigeria is truly democratic because the level of impunity the armed forces enjoy is outrageous
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Eastlink(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
Abaman001:

Which yeye Ogoni? What stop the Ogoni’s from claiming it. Don’t introduce this nonsense here.
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by ello29(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nothing like Ipob it's a strategy use to intimidate fellow Nigerians. I am surprised that the Nigerian military is drafted to Oyigbo in Rivers state. Who is now checking what the military is doing?
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by johndavid1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
JoeEeL:

So how do they differentiate the real enemies they're looking for as opposed to average commuters and pedestrians like you? Do they just torture anyone they see ni? I am not understanding o
they just torture any one they see walking on the road or streets in other to show their useless prowess on unarmed civilian.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by JoeEeL(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
johndavid1:
they just torture any one they see walking on the road or streets in other to show their useless prowess on unarmed civilian.

F*ck! This is a real zoo. Zoological zombies masquerading as soldiers!

And no one keeps them in check. I'm even hearing that they sometimes rape the women. U sure say bobos no go begin engage these zombies so? Cos nobody dey wey dey put them on check na
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by alphaNomega: 1:07am On Nov 02, 2020
Xisnin:
It is easy to instigate violence but hard to put out. I hope we won't be having another Bornu in our hands where the populace and the army are not at ease.
I blame DSS
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by alphaNomega: 1:12am On Nov 02, 2020
Iyremafunwa:
It's indeed a bad situation here in Oyigbo.
One can't go out to buy food.
Shooting here and there.
Killing is like a norm.
People are dieing in numbers via shooting
By soldiers.
Oyigbo need Government intervention.
There are many innocent people suffering the whole thing.
#ENDKILLINGINOYIGBO
Funny enough, it is government that is responsible for the present state of Obigbo right now.

Government intervention my foot angry
Re: Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers by Powersurge: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
Abaman001:

The point is not to murder innocent people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Attackers Are Members Of Ipob’s ESN –IGP / Peter Obi: Labour Party Holds First Meeting In Port Harcourt Today / Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.