Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse (45693 Views)

El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce / We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani / Shehu Sani Will Be Defeated - El-rufai Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by showafrica(m): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2020
Nwodosis:
His heart and his ideas may not be the same. Photoshoped restructural plans!

Aligning for 2023...our mumu don do, una no fit deceive us again. The promises of Buhari is still fresh in our memories, you fulanis cannot be trusted. Let the youth decide if to break up or restructure..

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Onepeople: 9:08am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

El Rufai gave a wonderful restructuring idea with his fellow Governors in 2018 but what many still fail to understand is that only the National Assembly can restructure our constitution

No President can do it, no Governor has powers to do it

which organ of government will propose the bill to national assembly? Most of you think all of us foolish.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by princetom1(m): 9:09am On Nov 01, 2020
nthony10:
All I hear is noise and no action, I will only believe when I see concrete action. Anyways nice way to go, I only hope they will carry all stakeholders along.

You people like to dream where there is no dream. The person who can't guarantee ur ordinary basic right, but kill u instead is expected to restructure to favour una? Una need wake up, restrture from these clowns will be same as what's already obtainable, bcoz u will have same actors, hyenas or tigers overlording u as always
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by olajizz01(m): 9:09am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

El Rufai gave a wonderful restructuring idea with his fellow Governors in 2018 but what many still fail to understand is that only the National Assembly can restructure our constitution

Then,let the youth handle the so called National Assembly for just a week,you will see them singing restructuring in the useless chamber.

I didn't know that Nigeria Politicians are fearful not until this recent protest.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Onepeople: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2020
OfficialAwol:

I don't intend to provoke the Yoruba, but some stupidity must be addressed.

I am a believer in the argument that the entire South should unite to challenge for our destiny from Fulani marauders but some of these paid urchins keep insulting people's sensibilities.
I know is difficult but most times is better u ignore them ,some of them of do not represent the opinion of the west but their pocket, we can see from the destruction of Tinubu properties.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by SmartPolician: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Stop saying what you know nothing about.

The president has the power to send bills to national assembly, detailing how the new structure should be.

APC controls both houses

The president will call the head of houses for a caucus meeting and lobby them

Dem no born dem well to throw away a bill from the president

Buhari doesn't want to restructure this country

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Bahddo(m): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2020
Cyberterror:
El Rufai will be a very good vice president. He is the most influential politician in the north right now after Buhari.
so southern Nigerians get slaughtered like Southern Kaduna people under his silent watch? No thanks. Nigeria can do better than a bloodthirsty Jihadist as president or vice-president.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by emerged01(m): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2020
Ha ha! See them, they are beginning to pave way for themselves. Can any good thing from this set of corrupt politicians ? My people don’t be deceived. Surely,they know what to do but they won’t because of their greediness.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by 21savages: 9:17am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

The governors can do it, if only they'll listen to rufai.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by EMMY76: 9:20am On Nov 01, 2020
How sincere are u people? If the north is truly not scared of restructuring nigeria they ought to have since initiated the process since they took over power but instead they keep beating around the bush some of them have even stated they don't understand what restructuring is all about believe these taqqiya people at own peril.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by jimcomb(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2020
A major reason why Nigeria won't be restructured easily is the OIL WELL licence owned by most northerners.
Losing your source of wealth and influence because of restructuring is awkward to them.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by nNEOo(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

You mean the SAME thing grin grin

The difference is that he will add to the grammar

We have run out of excuses grin cheesy grin

Talkie talkie government

Thank you jare cheesy

You're right ooh, he'll just do a little gramarcadabra

cheesy

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by peacettw: 9:28am On Nov 01, 2020
One wonders what El-Rufai's game plan is
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Amee101(m): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2020
Only the wise will read between the lines.
Now I understand why this man has unusually kept quite and didnt blindly defend his Boss during the protest like he always does.
2023 is close. Our mumu certainly done do.
#Endsarsnow
#Endbadgovernmentnow
#Endimpunitynow.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by michoim(m): 9:35am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

No President can do it, no Governor has powers to do .
Correct talk...people should start approaching the national assembly. And stop channeling the issue through the wrong means by approaching Mr. President.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Obynolee(f): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

He is making a political statement in furtherance of his 2023 Presidential ambition.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Likasite: 9:38am On Nov 01, 2020
This Man Has No Moral Right To Utter Such, Because He Never Runs Out Of Excuses.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Princessogaraya(f): 9:45am On Nov 01, 2020
Nwodosis:
His heart and his ideas may not be the same. Photoshoped restructural plans!

Thank you
I think he is doing it because of 2023 election
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by AbdulAkpan: 9:47am On Nov 01, 2020
Abegi. He's just preparing to run for president in 2023, that's why he's saying this. He loves Nigeria exactly the way it is. If una like, allow him deceive you people.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by OfficialAwol(m): 9:49am On Nov 01, 2020
Onepeople:
I know is difficult but most times is better u ignore them ,some of them of do not represent the opinion of the west but their pocket, we can see from the destruction of Tinubu properties.

I hope so. Because sometimes I'm tempted to think some Yoruba might share same opinion with these urchins.

But if we can overgrow the antics of these divisive elements who have subjugated the South with divide and rule since Independence, then our liberation is near.

Another good news is that the veil of one North is finally falling off the eyes of the middle belt.

We need to take back our destiny and we must be strategic about it.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2020
Karlovich:
If only the lifeless vegetable would listen, he is busy building a railway for his people in Niger republic and providing Electricity to his kinsmen in Chad.

You guys educate yourselves na!!! Haba!!! What kind of ignorance is this always emanating from the very Nigerians who complain of misrule!! Why always speaking as if everything is related to PMB alone?

The legislative arm, if vibrant and desirous of a great Nigeria, can singularly insist on and push for restructuring because they are the arm of Government that can rewrite the constitution to make restructuring legal.

For example, there would be little Buhari can do if the NASS make constitutional restructuring a sacrosanct duty they wish to face today and now. The Upper and lower Houses do not always have to wait on the executive arm to act if they genuinely committed to reforming Nigeria for the better.

That is why I hate the leaders of the protests and view them as Ignorant failures . Failures in my opinion because they should literally have laid a three month seige on the NASS till the legislature, the arm of government with greatest reformational power, give Nigerians all what we have.

Inhumanly greedy and worthless Senators and Reps are the ones who merit attention and insult plus deserve their homes and businesses destroyed not Governors or Party leaders like Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Shadysen: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2020
Cyberterror:
El Rufai will be a very good vice president. He is the most influential politician in the north right now after Buhari.
shut the Bleep up aboki.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by LegendAnselm: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2020
[quote author=Nwodosis post=95553653]His heart and his ideas may not be the same. Photoshoped restructural plans![/quote he is saying it because of 2023 thats all i know
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 9:54am On Nov 01, 2020
Deep down in his heart!! He doesn't meant what he's saying!! Hell rufai the good fellow with wicked intentions

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Santsal: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2020
Mokason288:
Don’t allow this controversial midget from HELL deceive you... he is only interested in 2023

No Northerner supports restructuring Ideas because they know HUNGER will finish their people
He only wants to align with the South because of 2023. The game plan has started again. El Rufai is not an option if the South desire restructuring

I hope I made sense
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by globalresource: 9:56am On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Please listen carefully. If a president want to push for restructuring. He openly support, open conference for stakeholders and eventually lobby the legislative arm of the government.

Every president lobbies the legislative arms on matters they support including the Buhari administration

But Buhari doesn't buy the idea of restructuring at all

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by bigcasava1(m): 10:03am On Nov 01, 2020
Elrufai is it coming from a genuine intention?
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 01, 2020
OfficialAwol:

You have OBJ and Shonekan sitting at Council of state yet you had to form Amotekun to arrest the raping of your daughters, wives and mothers?

Olu Falae was already made a perpetual wailer with constant burning of his farms.

The daughter to the president of a whole Afenifere was kidnapped and killed and y'all had your tails in between your legs.

Are you now clear who the slave is?

Mumu, even Atiku, IBB or Danjuma's daughters can be killed similarly if they travel certain parts of Northern Nigeria without security. It is a menace we all face in Nigeria today.

Yet Yorubas uncompromisingly demanded and got Amotekun, as a direct result of the death of Pa Fasoranti's daughter, whereas you guys could only look on in envy with your Governors even arrogantly dismissing your noise to be colluding with Fulani to establish RUGA communities across the SE.

Brother you people are the slaves. Wike and the army are dealing with Igbos right now. Where is the noise from home and abroad for it to stop as was the case over the fake Lekki "massacre" in Lagos ?

This is the problem with you Igbos. Rather than look at yourselves to wonder how you got where you are, i.e a major ethnic group of Nigeria no one now has any regard for, your only obsession remains to fight and insult Yorubas.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by LandMann: 10:05am On Nov 01, 2020
Mokason288:
Don’t allow this controversial midget from HELL deceive you... he is only interested in 2023

No Northerner supports restructuring Ideas because they know HUNGER will finish their people

I hope I made sense

Unfortunately, if there's famine in Nigeria today, it's the south, southwest and southeast that will die of hunger... Since the protests started, have you bothered to check the price of foodstuff in the south? Everything has skyrocketed... Meanwhile, those in the north aren't affected much...

Now, if you inquire why things are so expensive in the south, they tell you it's because there's no road to transport goods to the south.

3 bulbs of medium size onions now sells for 500 in Delta and Port Harcourt... Sachet tomatoes now sells for 150, from 50... How many people can afford all this increased food costs?

This is why you saw many cases of warehouses being looted in the southern region of Nigeria.

A lot of you keep getting fooled by NBS statistics to think that the north is poor and wretched... But what is poverty in reality? Is it not being able to afford three square meals a day because of high inflation? You find it more in the south.

We keep thinking that crude oil will rescue the south... The true benefits of having crude oil only reaches those who are at the corridor of power in Nigeria and in the south in particular due to massive corruption. Do you think this will change when they redraw the lines dividing this country? No. Many ordinary folks will still be poor and reliant on crumbs falling off the tables of the rich and powerful in the south, the rich and powerful in the south who like to see themselves worshipped as gods.

Meanwhile, how many people can eat or drink crude oil when the time comes? When there's excessive hunger in the south?

Many of the northern leaders know this truth and that is why they spend the little allocation they receive on building the infrastructure to support farming and other economic activities in their region.

Go to Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom and tell me what they have been doing with their massive allocation and 13% derivation for years... You have many political billionaires in the south but infrastructure is dead... agriculture is dead... Living expenses excessively high, making many of the ordinary folks poor and unable to meet their daily needs...hence the high rate of internet fraud, yahoo, and other crimes all in a bid to escape poverty placed on the people by excessively corrupt southern politicians who actively divert the attention of southern people to northern Nigeria as the cause of their problems.

Wake up my brother. It is daybreak already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 01, 2020
Karlovich:
If only the lifeless vegetable would listen, he is busy building a railway for his people in Niger republic and providing Electricity to his kinsmen in Chad.
Pls stop embarrassing ur children with ignorant comments. It's NASS responsibility to amend constitution not Executives. When railway was built in the south u were happy bt when it's built in the North u're jealous. Benin and Togo also get Nigerian Electricity but only Chad u care to mention. How do u expect Nigeria to retain its mighty status if not through electricity, fund support and military services?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by chiokeman(m): 10:12am On Nov 01, 2020
For the first time in ds man's life that he saying wot is right.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 01, 2020
olajizz01:
Then,let the youth handle the so called National Assembly for just a week,you will see them singing restructuring in the useless chamber.

I didn't know that Nigeria Politicians are fearful not until this recent protest.

You just shot yourself in the foot. If the youths indeed have awareness and knowledge and are ready to lead, why did they not go and lay seige on the National assembly instead of burning the businesses and sweat of ordinary Nigerian?

What did all their actions achieve? Are we any
closer to the constitutional reforms Nigeria needs, above all else, to really kick on as a Nation to the grow and thrive? How does burning businesses and looting give us State Policing which is the panacea to ending police brutality and extra judicial killings by men of the NPF?

Guy, don't overestimate vandalism and mindless thuggery to be calling it anything else other than that. Nigerian youths remain ignorant, lazy and politically uninformed in my opinion if not the protests should have achieved far more positives than it did.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Has 2 Chicago University Certificates Signed By Different People - Atiku / 2023 Oyo Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / IPOB Cartoon Shared By Lauretta Onochie (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.