Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse (45704 Views)

El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce / We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani / Shehu Sani Will Be Defeated - El-rufai Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by BrownLondon(m): 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

Language is one , culture is another ...

Edo can be like we have more in common with south west let's join them they negotiate and get better deals

Ileaje in ondo can move to Niger Delta . .it's about who u feel compatible with n if they like u too
keep shut man, the useless Igbo chief.

if you don't stop spreading propaganda, Ogun will kill you.

the Ilajes are 100% yoruba
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilaje
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by fof1: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
boman2014:

https://thecable.ng/we-have-no-excuse-el-rufai-insists-its-time-to-restructure-nigeria

THIS IS A DECEITFUL SPEECH TO GARNER SUPPORT FOR HIS AMBITION. IT WILL GO NOWHERE. THEY ARE CUNNING ORATORS FOR THEIR EVIL AND CLANDESTINE NATIONAL PLANS... SOUTH SHOULD BEWARE,PLS.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
BrownLondon:

keep shut man, the useless Igbo chief.

if you don't stop spreading propaganda, Ogun will kill you.

the Ilajes are 100% yoruba
Firstly my grand mother is actually from ilaje firstly I have uncle's there and the rest

I just have an example
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Rawhumper(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
[Nigeria will ne in worse State if States Are given More Powers, what have we achieved under our various Govs.

More Focus should be given to Regions not States, there should be a Confederation.

Also creation of More States in The South should be put into consideration.

quote author=boman2014 post=95553593]

https://thecable.ng/we-have-no-excuse-el-rufai-insists-its-time-to-restructure-nigeria[/quote]
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by g4gerald: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nwaelohim:
NIGERIA don't need political or regional restructuring we will be creating more problems than we already have presently.

What we need right now is mentality restructuring, our behavior can not sustain anything meaningful in any form of political restructuring.

We must think like people first and agree that this is our country and everyone is our country man.
Political restructuring can not end greedy nature of politicians nor will it stop pastor's from misleading people for their personal gain.

We need to create and enforce things that makes us less greedy and patriotic as people with one voice one vision and one purpose.

The word restructuring means different things to different people and everyone wants a working and functional country. So let us have a conversation on what we are restructuring. Now is just a political comment for political parties and opposition.

Let us be citizens first
U cannot think like dis in a country dat treats u as a second class citizen, a country where human lives are not valued, a country where one section maginalise the others nd where one section is known as 'the 5% ters'
U must understand dat the current political structure is designed to favour only the north, for eg more state were created in the north, the d constitution has it dat every state wud produce a minister, wat does dat tell u? More ministers will come from the north since they have more state, isn't it? nd even more representatives in the national assembly.
All these needs to be corrected b4 we can have a sense of citizenship, sense of being a part nd parcel of this country, only then can we think the way u are talking about.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
Who remembered late buhari saying Same thing during his campaign in 2015?

THE NORTH WAS MOCKING JONATHAN THEN THAT BUHARI HAS PROMISED TO RESTRUCURE NIGERIA WHAT A SOUTHERN PRESIDENT COULD NOT DO

WHO REMEMBERED BUHARI SAYING IN AN INTERVIEW WITH CNN WHEN IPOB PROTEST WAS HEATING UP AND HE WAS ASKED ABOUT THE PART OF RESTRUCTURING AND BUHARI ASKED HER....WHAT IS RESTRUCTURING.... ITS NOT EVEN IN OUR CONSTITUTION SO THERE WILL BE NO RESTRUCTURING

BUT NIGERIANS HAS SHORT TERM MEMORY.... EVERYBODY IS BUSY WITH HOW TO MAKE THEIR DAILY BREAD SO WE HAVE NO TIME TO REMEMBER THEIR LAST TRICKS....THAT'S WHY THE NORTH THROUGH EL-RUFAI IS COMING BACK WITH SAME TRICK grin
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by BrownLondon(m): 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

Firstly my grand mother is actually from ilaje firstly I have uncle's there and the rest

I just have an example
the ilaje people said they're Yoruba, fvck your imaginary ilaje grand mother.

being part of a tribe is all about choice, The great people of Ilaje said they're Yoruba.

Why should a core Yoruba group be merged with SS?

https://www.nairaland.com/614431/ilaje-people-only-oil-producing
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
BrownLondon:

the ilaje people said they're Yoruba, fvck your imaginary ilaje grand mother.

being part of a tribe is all about choice, The great people of Ilaje said they're Yoruba.

Why should a core Yoruba group be merged with SS?

https://www.nairaland.com/614431/ilaje-people-only-oil-producing
I never said they are not Yoruba ..just gave example oga. ..do I really understand English ?
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by BrownLondon(m): 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

I never said they are not Yoruba ..just gave example oga. ..do I really understand English ?
"I never said they are not Yoruba"

then why are you saying they should be merged with SS?
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Edidiong123: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
BrownLondon:

"I never said they are not Yoruba"

then why are you saying they should be merged with SS?
I said they can choose to go with south south it's there choice simple ....how old are u
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Kennydoc(m): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

El Rufai gave a wonderful restructuring idea with his fellow Governors in 2018 but what many still fail to understand is that only the National Assembly can restructure our constitution

No President can do it, no Governor has powers to do it

But the Senate President Ahmed Lawan said they will not refuse any request from Buhari. Isn't that why they are called rubber stamp?
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by TecM0: 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Kennydoc:

But the Senate President Ahmed Lawan said they will not refuse any request from Buhari. Isn't that why they are called rubber stamp?

Any link to when and where he said that

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Israel5(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
I think Buhari wants to ensure the North is viable enough to stand, free of insurgency, before he considers anything restructuring. Of which I doubt the north is not fit enough. The total end of insurgency may not...hmmm.
We must stop seeing the possibility of restructuring under this government.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Kennydoc(m): 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by BrownLondon(m): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

I said they can choose to go with south south it's there choice simple ....how old are u
but they ain't planning/contemplating joining SS, so why are you bringing it up?
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by DorianD(m): 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
This one is campaigning codedly.I bet you this Guy is worse than the sitting President
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by XaintJoel20: 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Mokason288:
Don’t allow this controversial midget from HELL deceive you... he is only interested in 2023

No Northerner supports restructuring Ideas because they know HUNGER will finish their people

I hope I made sense

Best comment so far

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by abbey621(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
g4gerald:

U cannot think like dis in a country dat treats u as a second class citizen, a country where human lives are not valued, a country where one section maginalise the others nd where one section is known as 'the 5% ters'
U must understand dat the current political structure is designed to favour only the north, for eg more state were created in the north, the d constitution has it dat every state wud produce a minister, wat does dat tell u? More ministers will come from the north since they have more state, isn't it? nd even more representatives in the national assembly.
All these needs to be corrected b4 we can have a sense of citizenship, sense of being a part nd parcel of this country, only then can we think the way u are talking about.

Was it the North that sent soldiers to kill people at Lekki? Was it the North that has failed to develop most of the 9ja delta areas even tho the Governors collect huge allocations year after year? Was the North responsible for Osun's government failing to pay salaries for almost a year? We still dey joke for this country, when we are ready for the truth we would realize say even your brothers and sisters from the same tribe are worse or equally despicable as those in the North.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Mayeldah(m): 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Don't believe this man, he says one thing in the open but does the opposite when with his fellow fulani politicians.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by v2: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

El Rufai gave a wonderful restructuring idea with his fellow Governors in 2018 but what many still fail to understand is that only the National Assembly can restructure our constitution

That is the reason he said they should seize the moment because they have the majority in both houses of the national assembly.

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Kingspin(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Karlovich:
If only the lifeless vegetable would listen, he is busy building a railway for his people in Niger republic and providing Electricity to his kinsmen in Chad.
El Rufai doesn't mean what he said.

He has his eye somewhere, hence playing to the gallery.

While the North hold the country back
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Kingspin(m): 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Make it clear some section members of the National Assembly opposed anything restructuring or change to the status quo largely people from North and few other from South.

That is the true position.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Mokason288(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
LandMann:

Unfortunately, if there's famine in Nigeria today, it's the south, southwest and southeast that will die of hunger... Since the protests started, have you bothered to check the price of foodstuff in the south? Everything has skyrocketed... Meanwhile, those in the north aren't affected much...

Now, if you inquire why things are so expensive in the south, they tell you it's because there's no road to transport goods to the south.

3 bulbs of medium size onions now sells for 500 in Delta and Port Harcourt... Sachet tomatoes now sells for 150, from 50... How many people can afford all this increased food costs?

This is why you saw many cases of warehouses being looted in the southern region of Nigeria.

A lot of you keep getting fooled by NBS statistics to think that the north is poor and wretched... But what is poverty in reality? Is it not being able to afford three square meals a day because of high inflation? You find it more in the south.

We keep thinking that crude oil will rescue the south... The true benefits of having crude oil only reaches those who are at the corridor of power in Nigeria and in the south in particular due to massive corruption. Do you think this will change when they redraw the lines dividing this country? No. Many ordinary folks will still be poor and reliant on crumbs falling off the tables of the rich and powerful in the south, the rich and powerful in the south who like to see themselves worshipped as gods.

Meanwhile, how many people can eat or drink crude oil when the time comes? When there's excessive hunger in the south?

Many of the northern leaders know this truth and that is why they spend the little allocation they receive on building the infrastructure to support farming and other economic activities in their region.

Go to Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom and tell me what they have been doing with their massive allocation and 13% derivation for years... You have many political billionaires in the south but infrastructure is dead... agriculture is dead... Living expenses excessively high, making many of the ordinary folks poor and unable to meet their daily needs...hence the high rate of internet fraud, yahoo, and other crimes all in a bid to escape poverty placed on the people by excessively corrupt southern politicians who actively divert the attention of southern people to northern Nigeria as the cause of their problems.

Wake up my brother. It is daybreak already.
I pity you if you think inflation in the South and South east is hunger you really need to wake up ... if all the food stuffs remain in the North what exactly do you think will happen to the North when they can’t sell off their harvest? More hunger will finish all of you and your goods will perish go and read your economics properly

I reside in Abuja but at the moment I’m in Delta precisely for over two months now for my building project... A drop (transport) is #100 here and no one is complaining because there is money here... 3 bulbs of medium size onion is 500 Naira here believe me we don’t complain about it here ... ask around , we still feed 3times every day here grin

In all my life on earth if you think the statistics of NBC is not true let me ask you... have you seen Southerners beg for crumbs on the street like your aboki brothers and sisters? How many southerners have you seen sleeping in uncomplicated buildings like you people live in the North

Go to Abacha road in Abuja 85% of the buildings and investment you will see are owned by we Southerners instead of being grateful that we associate with wretched beings like you people, you have the audacity to ask me to wake up

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Igbaguru: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
El - rufai can never fool me. You can not be president. It's time for South to produce president
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by Whoube99(f): 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
boman2014:

https://thecable.ng/we-have-no-excuse-el-rufai-insists-its-time-to-restructure-nigeria

Trust this midget of a man and his political gimmicks at your perils.
He want to use the restructuring song to sell himself into the heart of the Southerners over his presidential ambition for 2023.
Hell rufai, we are wiser than you think
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by jubilee55f: 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
So Buhari is still very influencial after turning this country upside down abi? Nonsense.
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by emoney09: 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
True
Re: El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse by egoldman(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
TecM0:

Presidency doesn't "direct " Federal Lawmakers

So you know the meaning of rubber stamped?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tension In Bayelsa As Patience Jonathan Plans To Hijack APC, PDP / Deji Adeyanju Drags Kenechukwu Okeke Before Disciplinary Panel / Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Has ‘taken Over’ As Ondo Governor – Pastor Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.