Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle (49456 Views)

Tiwa Savage Slams Bizzleo For Calling Nigerian Artist Lazy / Meet Victoria Elliot, Desmond Elliot's Wife As They Mark Wedding Anniversary / Desmond Elliot Dresses Up As Father Christmas, Visits His Constituency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove.

I'm sure you agree with Ivan-whyte, that's why you've decided to share. As much as he was unbiased in his analysis of what Desmond said, his verdict on him was right, but he scored him based on what he said and not what he ought to to say. So I took out time to look for the original article on Facebook and I was overly satisfied by the response of one George Hephzibah, he said and I quote - "Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson one thing that was unmistakably clear about Desmond Elliot submission in the House, which has stirred up the Youths Hornets is the bold and acrid lack of empathy for the situation and suppression of the Nigerian Youth, especially at a time where PEACEFUL PROTESTERS where massacred at the Lekki Toll Gate.. Look its sad that we are playing into the obvious plot of this oligarchy rulers of this country to turn that amazing protest into a chaotic fiasco of destruction of government infrastructures and state properties.. That was exactly what they orchestrated it to play out into so they will have an excuse to deploy their chains and bulldogs in order to continue the injustice of subjugating and suppressing the Youths, which are the most deprived in the world today o'er capita... Let's not forget that that session in the House was to elaborate and enforce regulations on the impact of Social Media on the backdrop of its overall global impact on the EndSars and EndBadgovernance crusade.. So they are deliberating on how to thwart the only effective medium of social justice and awareness, to seize control of that tool and all Desmond did in his submission was to lend fuel to that course my brother. Watch it again and understand the Narrative he was talking about, from the perspective of why they gathered.. Desmond never sympathized with the youths who lost their lives.. I saw countless videos of government influence in aiding hoodlums to hijack the protest.. If Desmond has called for deliberation on general collective interest as the way forward, if he had questioned the shooting of youths at the toll gate and asked for results from investigations, if he had asked why military shot at unarmed Youths singing the National Anthem while wrapped in Nigerian flag.. If he has stressed the overwhelming poverty, lack of education, employments and social opportunities in this country, which in my opinion is the right thing he should have done as a representative of the people.. I can tell you it will be a whole different ball game now.. But he choose to focus on the dirty plot that is the twisted narrative the government want to sell to justify their brutal and uncivilized response to any future uprising from the Nigerian Youths and their plot to stifle it via Social Media Bill they were deliberating on.. That was the narrative Desmond was flogging.. bemoaning assault on Youths and looting by a pregnant woman.. Did you hear any of them talk about the hoarding of Covid-19 palliatives in warehouses all over the country that where never distributed to the mass? Or your dear Desmond was not aware of that as well? No but they are quick to condemn hungry people like the pregnant woman that is desperate to prevent her foetus starving to death... It was obvious he, like them were all playing to the gallery and trying to mask it with sham emotions, which turned out as bad as his mediocre acting demeanour.. Desmond never sympathized with the youths that were killed or empathized with the most organized and coordinated protest I have ever seen from the youths in this Country.. The singular Nationwide and Worldwide unity is what has shocked this oligarchs in power we call democratic leaders.. Nigeria will continue to be a hopeless pile of shit if people like Desmond cannot stand for change.. And you dear Ivan will never see any good in the Nigerian Youths as the rot will spread deeper and wider as a result of lack of provisions and opportunities in this country.. Social media is not the problem of this country bro.. Truth.."

SamAzing
BMZK

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by cardoctor(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
Lubbish
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by BMZK: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
SamAzing:
I don't know this man, but I will find him and greatly respect him. I feel attacked in some ways too but men, bitter truth here...

I don't know you but I respect you for admitting the truth. Honesty and conscience are rare and precious gifts.
Greetings my brother �

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by harsysky(m): 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
Desmond has been freed already just that it remains people to use their PVC to free him totally.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Elliot2(m): 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nonsense post!

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by abbiboy: 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:
My verdict-

While you people are here screaming at Desmond Elliot, hope you know the price of a bag of Onions has gone up from 3,500 to 7k, bag of local rice from 25 to 28k while sachet tomato don climb from 50 naira to 120 naira, amongst other demonic increases and it is not yet festive season o!

©Leke Gbolade

When bandits don almost kill all farmers n render them homeless,who will farm 4u...embrace up more bcus una never see anything.The worst is waiting in front.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Slynation(m): 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:
Some days back, the Nigerian social media users were dragging Desmond Elliot like Tiger generator because he tagged the youths as children. I was a bit indifferent about the whole brouhaha because wetin I dey think big pass all that noise and after watching the now infamous video, my indifference did not change.

Desmond later came out to apologise in tears for calling us yoots 'shidren', and while I was wondering aloud on this forum what the whole fuss about, my friend told me offline told me this-

"The problem is that the Nigerian social media space is now a lynch mob. Nobody is ready to listen to common sense, people are incapable of comprehending simple ideas and people are very intolerant of any view that does not agree with theirs

People are reacting to Desmond Elliot's video based on what they think he said, not based on what he actually said"

This friend shared the full YouTube clip with me and after watching it again, I realised how very toxic social media has become.

I stumbled on an article by Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson who has articulated my thoughts on this whole distracting nonsense featuring Desmond as the lead character.

Long post alert!! Stop here if your attention span is one tweet long.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3538340332875410&id=100000984358442

This one is just trying to sugarcoat bitter kola so it will taste like vanilla....

I guess you are conversant with the word "Obele nsi ne megbi ike" Desmond spoke well indeed but his choice of word "Children" spoilt everything.......!! Many people left their businesses, their personalities and above all put their lives at risk for that protest and one man feels he had arrived because he balling with politicians decided to tag the whole efforts and everybody related to the outburst as "Children" and you expect Men to keep quite... Shey now he's trying to safe his political ambitions with premium tears when the same children reminded him of 2023 abi..... This posts won't save anybody.....

My happiness is that Nigerian youths are more woke and that's all that matters right now....

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by lancxyy: 11:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
am just waiting for the time they will call social media users hoodlums too, so they can justify there means to end social media
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by 2oby: 11:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:
Some days back, the Nigerian social media users were dragging Desmond Elliot like Tiger generator because he tagged the youths as children. I was a bit indifferent about the whole brouhaha because wetin I dey think big pass all that noise and after watching the now infamous video, my indifference did not change.

Desmond later came out to apologise in tears for calling us yoots 'shidren', and while I was wondering aloud on this forum what the whole fuss about, my friend told me offline told me this-

"The problem is that the Nigerian social media space is now a lynch mob. Nobody is ready to listen to common sense, people are incapable of comprehending simple ideas and people are very intolerant of any view that does not agree with theirs

People are reacting to Desmond Elliot's video based on what they think he said, not based on what he actually said"

This friend shared the full YouTube clip with me and after watching it again, I realised how very toxic social media has become.

I stumbled on an article by Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson who has articulated my thoughts on this whole distracting nonsense featuring Desmond as the lead character.

weak
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:
My verdict-

While you people are here screaming at Desmond Elliot, hope you know the price of a bag of Onions has gone up from 3,500 to 7k, bag of local rice from 25 to 28k while sachet tomato don climb from 50 naira to 120 naira, amongst other demonic increases and it is not yet festive season o!

©Leke Gbolade
wow buhari is really working o cheesy
sai baba grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Okoroawusa: 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ishilove:

Who? Me? embarassed cheesy
Sorry I modified...
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by pacespot(m): 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Lovelies1:
It's no longer a new thing, that the person who runs nairaland, he his a member of APC party

Meanwhile end sharia law in Nigeria

The funny jokers on this thread don't know that without those youth they call children on social media, this country would have been subjected to a Sharia law by now. There is nothing that Nigerian government fear more than the rabid Nigerian social media users scrutinizing their every policy and posting visual evidence for the entire world to see. There is a massacre going on in Rivers State right now and no single Nigerian media house is reporting it, thanks to these same "children" Nigerian youth on social media, the entire world is able to see the genocide going on in the oyigbo and obigbo communities right now and they are calling it to end or else the responsible authority will face the consequence.

One thing I've come to realize about Nigerians in that, the most educated are not often the most sensible in the country, you can meet someone on the street that will give you a very laudable answer to a very germane issue affecting the country while the so called educated elites will just be babbling and rambling on TV.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Okoroawusa: 11:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
Moddam:
some nairalanders no try atall and na them dey make noise pass for nairaland
Why are you showing us your babe's pictures?
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by ILoveDemMANNA: 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2020
pocohantas:
When I saw him being dragged, I also wondered if he killed someone. A particular IG blog was even trying to silence him with pictures of his babymamas- can you beat that? I really do hate cheats, but I couldn’t find the correlation between his speech, the insults on his person and digging into his private life.

Anyway, it is the new trend on social media- they never take their time to process information. Here on NL, once the first few commenters post in one direction, it would take a really brave person to face another direction. Trust me, some know the noise wasn’t worth it, but they are scared of being e-lynched by our recent hyperactive online Martin Luthers. cheesy cheesy
I thought I am the one that noticed this.
I thought I was the one along with very few members that only go against the tide here.
I thought..........

Wow!
You are wise Pocohontas!
You and Ishilove!!

#RESPECT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Okoroawusa: 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

I thought I am the one that noticed this.
I thought I was the one that only go against the tide.
I thought..........

Wow!
You are wise Pocohontas!
shocked
Pocohantas n Ishilove are two women I strongly have deep respect for on Nairaland.
I really want to meet them in real life but I strongly cherish my anonymity. Maybe one day I might break that rule I set for myself just to behold the faces of these two young,cultured, independent and strong Nigerian women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Jelzin2412(m): 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
[quote author=Ishilove post=95568949]Some days back, the Nigerian social media users were dragging Desmond Elliot like Tiger generator because he tagged the youths as children. I was a bit indifferent about the whole brouhaha because wetin I dey think big pass all that noise and after watching the now infamous video, my indifference did not change.

[b]Long post alert!! Stop here if your attention span is one tweet
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by naturefellow(m): 12:15am On Nov 02, 2020
Desmond Eliot was wrong. Period!

Unacceptable for a political office holder to infantilize the youthful demographic, moreso in a patronising manner.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by selfdefence: 12:16am On Nov 02, 2020
shatap dia!!!
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Lovelies1: 12:25am On Nov 02, 2020
pacespot:

The funny jokers on this thread don't know that without those youth they call children on social media, this country would have been subjected to a Sharia law by now. There is nothing that Nigerian government fear more than the rabid Nigerian social media users scrutinizing their every policy and posting visual evidence for the entire world to see. There is a massacre going on in Rivers State right now and no single Nigerian media house is reporting it, thanks to these same "children" Nigerian youth on social media, the entire world is able to see the genocide going on in the oyigbo and obigbo communities right now and they are calling it to end or else the responsible authority will face the consequence.

One thing I've come to realize about Nigerians in that, the most educated are not often the most sensible in the country, you can meet someone on the street that will give you a very laudable answer to a very germane issue affecting the country while the so called educated elites will just be babbling and rambling on TV.

Most of them are fill with fantasy, It took the sacrifice of the able ones to stop the brutal reality

Most of them are just useless idiot
They went to university but I call them EDUCATED ILLITERATE
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by SmartyPants(m): 12:26am On Nov 02, 2020
pocohantas:
When I saw him being dragged, I also wondered if he killed someone. A particular IG blog was even trying to silence him with pictures of his babymamas- can you beat that? I really do hate cheats, but I couldn’t find the correlation between his speech, the insults on his person and digging into his private life.

Anyway, it is the new trend on social media- they never take their time to process information. Here on NL, once the first few commenters post in one direction, it would take a really brave person to face another direction. Trust me, some know the noise wasn’t worth it, but they are scared of being e-lynched by our recent hyperactive online Martin Luthers. cheesy cheesy

Precisely. You even see them repeating certain phrases used by these posters.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:35am On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:

Ori iyalaya yin lo daru. Omo ale
You have been on this forum for a while.
You don't need to reply some uncultured children in like manners about their abusive words to you.
Simply report them to the moderators and they will take it up from there.
There are rules and regulations governing this forum.
You are different from these uncultured kids please!

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by sweetrace(f): 12:52am On Nov 02, 2020
Senatoraku:
you that is justifying the statement of Desmond Hediot, may sense fall on you. if he was right by the way, why tendering an apology to the people? why shedding crocodile tears to attract cheap and unfounded sympathy to himself? see oga poster and your cohorts, just mind una self oo.

That he apologized does not mean that his words were not misconstrued.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by patrickmuf(m): 12:56am On Nov 02, 2020
At least we still have sane folks in this jungle...
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by thinkmoney(m): 1:06am On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:

My dear I feel tired I would have taken more time to give my take on this issue.
To summarize everything, Desmond like many of our representative is not very smart at measuring the mood of the public.
He started well by condemning the lekki shooting, but everything else u analysed from I think number two to six shows his insensitivity.
Example, he could have been wiser if he didn't castigate the youth on attacking the palace and whatever culture. This monarchs have been seen to be really for themselves and they have been taking us for a ride.
And its really bad for him to have used children to describe the youth or their alleged acts. Yes, we say more terrible things to ourselves online, but that coming from a leader we elected there was too much.
Wisdom is prime. There are time to say something's and there are time to just be silent.
There is what they call the right words at the wrong time; this like + x - will always be = -
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by chinchum(m): 1:11am On Nov 02, 2020
little or no critical reasoning, they just read headlines and follow the mob.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:23am On Nov 02, 2020
patrickmuf:
At least we still have sane folks in this jungle...
abi oooo
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:25am On Nov 02, 2020
Adakintroy:
Yoooths are clowns. People weh no grand pepper with grinding stone or never use mortal pound fufu, believe their time is rougher than their parents.

When the going was good. All if them were watching bbn. Girl buy wigs of 300k. iPhone na Sara de snap themselves non stop. (Never seen generation so transfix by their own appearance)

a girl of 17 yrs using a phone of 300k. Wearing wig of 100k. live in a flat in school paying DStv subscription.

Well system don de dry up. Global recession don de hit hard. You weh no plan both at the social group level or individual level go here am hot.

Protest all you want. You no plan well. You no plan well. No more parties and clubing for a while.

Many night clubs go fold.

Rubbish yoooths with higthened pleasure sense and even stronger sense of entitlement.
Wow!
Bitter truth served HOT!

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:21am On Nov 02, 2020
Who is this little puppy with bushy Afro hair Every Ediot want to trend
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by gurusprout: 5:34am On Nov 02, 2020
GIANTPLUSHUB:
This issue is a forgotten issue already. They should have let it slide already naaw.

No, they shouldn't. This issue is only a case study. They are many more occurrences.

We need to prevent a future reoccurrence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kanayo O Kanayo Pictured With A Lady With Thick Camel Toe / E-Money Shows Off His Parlor In New Photos / Afolabi Kazeem: "Davido Is Trying To Kill Me After Absconding With My N60M"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.