Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle (49475 Views)

Tiwa Savage Slams Bizzleo For Calling Nigerian Artist Lazy / Meet Victoria Elliot, Desmond Elliot's Wife As They Mark Wedding Anniversary / Desmond Elliot Dresses Up As Father Christmas, Visits His Constituency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by armadeo(m): 5:56am On Nov 02, 2020
Gainman:
You be fool. How old are u idiot.

See the " shidren" Desmond was talking about.

Nothing upstairs but insults. No logic no sense at all.

Ignored henceforth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by stormborn28(m): 6:24am On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:
My verdict-

While you people are here screaming at Desmond Elliot, hope you know the price of a bag of Onions has gone up from 3,500 to 7k, bag of local rice from 25 to 28k while sachet tomato don climb from 50 naira to 120 naira, amongst other demonic increases and it is not yet festive season o!

©Leke Gbolade
do you know this is part of the anger in the land? It is not just about #ENDSARS. Any leader at this time should be very careful in relating the youth to negativity...
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by temicyborg(m): 6:27am On Nov 02, 2020
This 1 na mumu oooo attention seeker u 1 trend abi idiot
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:29am On Nov 02, 2020
meum:
How did you know Sai Baba is 89years old? You are lucky his foot soldiers' attention span is a few lines of tweet long otherwise they would have gathered to drag you like an old I-pass-my-neighbor generator that has a faulty spark plug grin grin
Lmfao
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Stanislause94: 6:32am On Nov 02, 2020
armadeo:
For this nairaland I've been insulted by a child who was not even born when I was a jambite.

Under the guise of anonymity.

The guy knew exactly what he was saying and it was logical and concise but the "elders" on social media attack led due to their wrath against any elected official.

Yes there are some social media elders who argue with polite logic and children with empty brains who just fling insults up and down because they aren't face to face with you.

Free the guy joor.

Read your comment, does it make sense to you?.. you'll just open your mouth woooa and be typing rubbish.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by armadeo(m): 6:41am On Nov 02, 2020
Stanislause94:
Read your comment, does it make sense to you?.. you'll just open your mouth woooa and be typing rubbish.

if it doesnt make sense to you leave it like that.

I listened to that speech forget the emotional blackmail that made him play the political role.

Yes people are fighting for thier rights and freedom in that mix there are still some that are mentally deficient who go about talking thrash and nonsense.

Maybe you havent seen it . I have.

Next time if you dont like my comment jump and pass.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by stormborn28(m): 6:49am On Nov 02, 2020
Adakintroy:
Yoooths are clowns. People weh no grand pepper with grinding stone or never use mortal pound fufu, believe their time is rougher than their parents.

When the going was good. All if them were watching bbn. Girl buy wigs of 300k. iPhone na Sara de snap themselves non stop. (Never seen generation so transfix by their own appearance)

a girl of 17 yrs using a phone of 300k. Wearing wig of 100k. live in a flat in school paying DStv subscription.

Well system don de dry up. Global recession don de hit hard. You weh no plan both at the social group level or individual level go here am hot.

Protest all you want. You no plan well. You no plan well. No more parties and clubing for a while.

Many night clubs go fold.

Rubbish yoooths with higthened pleasure sense and even stronger sense of entitlement.
all this your ranting make no sense... The government need to get to work and make the economy work... Both the young and the old(who grounded pepper and pounded fufu with their hands) are all feeling the negative impact of the economy. .. I can tell you right now, the country is raising an "Army of the dead " at the rate at which it is going and no military might will be able to stop it
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by stormborn28(m): 6:55am On Nov 02, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
The Gods know that Desmond Elliott was right all the time but little children wont accept the truth

all this your ranting make no sense... The government need to get to work and make the economy work... Both the young and the old(who grounded pepper and pounded fufu with their hands) are all feeling the negative impact of the economy. .. I can tell you right now, the country is raising "Army of the dead " at the rate at which it is going and no military might will be able to stop it
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Muhylonaire007: 6:58am On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:

Ori iyalaya yin lo daru. Omo ale

Ori baba nlaku baba baba e ti daru... Ashiere
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by jaxxy(m): 7:04am On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:
Some days back, the Nigerian social media users were dragging Desmond Elliot like Tiger generator because he tagged the youths as children. I was a bit indifferent about the whole brouhaha because wetin I dey think big pass all that noise and after watching the now infamous video, my indifference did not change.

Desmond later came out to apologise in tears for calling us yoots 'shidren', and while I was wondering aloud on this forum what the whole fuss about, my friend told me offline told me this-

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3538340332875410&id=100000984358442

Doesn’t change anything. Neither Desmond nor our non performing reps or politicians have the right to call the youths children in such derogatory manner. Yes twitter has turned to a savage place especially for Nigerians bt it’s also analyzes issues and exposes truth and yes there’s the wrong bandwagon effect bt Desmond has no right to talk that way going by constituency projects to any meaningful contributions any of these scamming politicians have made. They impire no real respect or value in the eyes of the people and masses. That is the major contention.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Abeos(m): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2020
pocohantas:
When I saw him being dragged, I also wondered if he killed someone. A particular IG blog was even trying to silence him with pictures of his babymamas- can you beat that? I really do hate cheats, but I couldn’t find the correlation between his speech, the insults on his person and digging into his private life.

Anyway, it is the new trend on social media- they never take their time to process information. Here on NL, once the first few commenters post in one direction, it would take a really brave person to face another direction. Trust me, some know the noise wasn’t worth it, but they are scared of being e-lynched by our recent hyperactive online Martin Luthers. cheesy cheesy

This same is trending on Twitter. Immediately the favs have gone one direction people will be afraid to have conflicting opinions even when right for fear of being dragged
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Samijoe12(m): 7:12am On Nov 02, 2020
When they were dragging him on social media and i went to see the video clip. He didn't say anything that is so bad to be dragged that way. I feel like Nigerians shower him with their frustration all the hardships the government is putting us through. The wanton killings across the country especially the massacre at lekki toll gate and Mehn things are so hard, even the average Nigerians are finding it difficult to feed, talk more the poor. He has to be sensitive next time when to say things like that. Nigerians youth don't have chill.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Adakintroy: 7:14am On Nov 02, 2020
stormborn28:
all this your ranting make no sense... The government need to get to work and make the economy work... Both the young and the old(who grounded pepper and pounded fufu with their hands) are all feeling the negative impact of the economy. .. I can tell you right now, the country is raising "Army of the dead " at the rate at which it is going and no military might will be able to stop it

My friend keep quiet and get to work yourself. Pick up something and start doing..Nigeria is not hard, life is hard. The only way to beat poverty is by working hard. Many of you are looking for white collar jobs that's is your pproblem. Learn to fry akara. Learn to plate hair. Do something.

Nigeria is hard..like you have been to Burundi, Somalia or the rest African country to really see hardship.

Solomon said go to the ants you sluggard. Study their ways, Notice they are never still.

Who created jobs for your father and your father before and the ones before and the ones before the ones before.

Go to your village and farm..there!. I just
Just created a job for you.

If you are educated and you still need the government to creat job for you.you perhaps were never educated in the first place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by CoolVoice(m): 7:30am On Nov 02, 2020
Cheap Attention Seeker MoooFoooo .. I think you're deluded from the Idea your Parent passed down to you.. because they as well like your very self couldn't fight for what is right and just.. hence the problem we have found ourselves.. So on that note I won't blame you, you just followed in your generational footsteps... I hope this summarized your long Hediotic Epistles
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by stormborn28(m): 7:41am On Nov 02, 2020
Adakintroy:

My friend keep quiet and get to work yourself. Pick up something and start doing..Nigeria is not hard, life is hard. The only way to beat poverty is by working hard. Many of you are looking for white collar jobs that's is your pproblem. Learn to fry akara. Learn to plate hair. Do something.

Nigeria is hard..like you have been to Burundi, Somalia or the rest African country to really see hardship.

Solomon said go to the ants you sluggard. Study their ways, Notice they are never still.

Who created jobs for your father and your father before and the ones before and the ones before the ones before.

If you are educated and you still need the government to creat job for you.you perhaps were never educated in the first place.
you reason like Nigerian politicians...the government of USA and the Great Britain won't speak they way you spew this rubbish.... They created jobs and create the enabling environment for their citizens... A colleague of mine told me she was seeking for a loan to start up a business... She needed #200000, she logged in into the "youth empowerment " your government said they will be giving loan. They kept telling her to leak 10 other people until she was eventually not registered... She is an artist. I ,myself only need #150000 but your useless government will continue to promise and fail. Why? Because deceit is their watch word... Many Nigerians are willing to do something but where is the enabling environment... You reason like your politicians... Nonsense everywhere
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Mykosmith455: 7:43am On Nov 02, 2020
No mind this idiots, attention seekers everywhere
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by KELVINXY: 8:01am On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:

It remains for you to put a sign 'keep off' at your front door cheesy

Guys anywhere una see KEEP OFF sign make una know sey palliatives full inside.. grin grin grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2020
Abeos:

This same is trending on Twitter. Immediately the favs have gone one direction people will be afraid to have conflicting opinions even when right for fear of being dragged

show a post you had conflicting opinion with poco, i guess she is your fav here undecided you rather not comment for the fear of been ignored grin . what makes you different from those people you are downgrading.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by bigjackass: 8:40am On Nov 02, 2020
Ishílove is right though. Prices of basic commodities are skyrocketing while we are too busy calling for heads on twitter
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by bigjackass: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2020
Adakintroy:

lol. Bro Nigeria is hard whether you admit it or not. People do the menial jobs you listed and they are still barely surviving. When 50 naira things of few months ago are now 150 naira, are you going to farm more than your body can take or grow more hands to plait more hair ? How will they be able to expand the business when the money they make is not even enough to get by anymore. In this same Nigeria , spending power is low. The moment you adjust your prices to suit the situation, you will lose patronage. People are working hard but the government does little to make their efforts worth while .

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by afroxyz: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:

No he is not, and never was my crush. I am just being objective in my submission.

Even Buhari is objective in his submission. Objectivity is relative unless we have a common parameter to evaluate it
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Adakintroy: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2020
bigjackass:
lol. Bro Nigeria is hard whether you admit it or not. People do the menial jobs you listed and they are still barely surviving. When 50 naira things of few months ago are now 150 naira, are you going to farm more than your body can take or grow more hands to plait more hair ? How will they be able to expand the business when the money they make is not even enough to get by anymore. In this same Nigeria , spending power is low. The moment you adjust your prices to suit the situation, you will lose patronage. People are working hard but the government does little to make their efforts worth while .

Oga leave that one. Hard times never last but hard men do. The thing is a spin. If you are into business you will know. If price go up or fuel it effects the whole chain of supply. Everyone increase his own product.

Am not saying the goverment have done superb..am saying the youth should get to work. Themselves and stop over dependence on goverment. Even in America goverment is still struggling to provide jobs for it's citizen or healthcare. It everywhere comparatively.

Adopt the natural principle of hard work, savings and spend less. You will beat the times.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Adakintroy: 10:13am On Nov 02, 2020
stormborn28:
you reason like Nigerian politicians...the government of USA and the Great Britain won't speak they way you spew this rubbish.... They created jobs and create the enabling environment for their citizens... A colleague of mine told me she was seeking for a loan to start up a business... She needed #200000, she logged in into the "youth empowerment " your government said they will be giving loan. They kept telling her to leak 10 other people until she was eventually not registered... She is an artist. I ,myself only need #150000 but your useless government will continue to promise and fail. Why? Because deceit is their watch word... Many Nigerians are willing to do something but where is the enabling environment... You reason like your politicians... Nonsense everywhere

I do not reason like a politicains..I reason like a human bean with reason. You keep talking about the u.s.a and Europe like you in Europe.

How about you talk of Somalia, how about you talk of guinea, or erithrea, ,,Gabon. Why are you people never honest with your realities.

Compare yourself to people who are better than you..but also compare yourselves to people you are better than. That's the way to make honest comparison.

America has been in existence how long. They have conquered many kingdom and taken wealth from many. Italy was a former empire, so was England. How many world conquest has Nigeria made. Who do we steal oil or colonise to have the kind of wealth to throw round like your colonial masters England.

Despite all of this lacking, we the second largest economy in Africa. I say we are doing ok.

Could we have done more yes. But for now we not doing bad.

On a personal level, learn to work hard plan and save yourselves. You may have less need for the goverment.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Codes151(m): 10:18am On Nov 02, 2020
lol... the dude na idiot.

no mind the boy...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Joins Gucci World, Shows Off Her Gucci Wears / Denrele Shares Video Capturing The Challenges He Faces To Have His Bath / Princess Umez, Daughter Of Tony Umez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.