Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle (49464 Views)

Tiwa Savage Slams Bizzleo For Calling Nigerian Artist Lazy / Meet Victoria Elliot, Desmond Elliot's Wife As They Mark Wedding Anniversary / Desmond Elliot Dresses Up As Father Christmas, Visits His Constituency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by stormborn28(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2020
Adakintroy:

I do not reason like a politicains..I reason like a human bean with reason. You keep talking about the u.s.a and Europe like you in Europe.

How about you talk of Somalia, how about you talk of guinea, or erithrea, ,,Gabon. Why are you people never honest with your realities.

Compare yourself to people who are better than you..but also compare yourselves to people you are better than. That's the way to make honest comparison.

America has been in existence how long. They have conquered many kingdom and taken wealth from many. Italy was a former empire, so was England. How many world conquest has Nigeria made. Who do we steal oil or colonise to have the kind of wealth to throw round like your colonial masters England.

Despite all of this lacking, we the second largest economy in Africa. I say we are doing ok.

Could we have done more yes. But for now we not doing bad.

On a personal level, learn to work hard plan and save yourselves. You may have less need for the goverment.

okay..what about Hong Kong, Singapore, Israel and Dubai . Did they colonize? But yet you will agree with me they are head to head with the countries I listed earlier in terms of economy and living standard..
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Abeos(m): 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2020
MLTR:

show a post you had conflicting opinion with poco, i guess she is your fav here undecided you rather not comment for the fear of been ignored grin . what makes you different from those people you are downgrading.

I don't need to have a fav to have a view and if she has a view not going I'll definitely counter if there's need. I don't comment unless I see the need to and my life doesn't revolve round social media
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by RaeTunechi(m): 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:
Some days back, the Nigerian social media users were dragging Desmond Elliot like Tiger generator because he tagged the youths as children. I was a bit indifferent about the whole brouhaha because wetin I dey think big pass all that noise and after watching the now infamous video, my indifference did not change.

Desmond later came out to apologise in tears for calling us yoots 'shidren', and while I was wondering aloud on this forum what the whole fuss about, my friend told me offline told me this-

"The problem is that the Nigerian social media space is now a lynch mob. Nobody is ready to listen to common sense, people are incapable of comprehending simple ideas and people are very intolerant of any view that does not agree with theirs

People are reacting to Desmond Elliot's video based on what they think he said, not based on what he actually said"

This friend shared the full YouTube clip with me and after watching it again, I realised how very toxic social media has become.

I stumbled on an article by Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson who has articulated my thoughts on this whole distracting nonsense featuring Desmond as the lead character.

Long post alert!! Stop here if your attention span is one tweet long.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3538340332875410&id=100000984358442

All you have been able to do is show us that u don't understand what is really going on, a week before Desmond elliot and his likes in the lagos state House of assembly, protest were held in lagos, state sponsored thugs attacked these protesters, military men were used to clamped down on this protester, some were killed in the process, and Desmond Elliott came to the floor of the assembly, didn't address any of the aforementioned issues and goes ahead to attack the only means we use to call the attention of the world to what happened on the 20th Oct 2020. As if that was not enough, he was calling his age mate children
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 02, 2020
Abeos:

I don't need to have a fav to have a view and if she has a view not going I'll definitely counter if there's need. I don't comment unless I see the need to and my life doesn't revolve round social media

That your life does not revolve around does not undermine the fact that some people make earns meet from social media.
If your life is good thank God buh don't for a sec think it better of than those people whose life revolves around social media. lets be guided.
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by armadeo(m): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
Lol.

Seems some rage has been calmed down on this thread.

WTF happened.

Why so many deleted comments

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Liposure: 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:

I'm living in a perpetual semi-dream state of shock.
and i'm the governor
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by ThatReporterz: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ishilove:
My verdict-

While you people are here screaming at Desmond Elliot, FAQ hope you know the price of a bag of Onions has gone up from 3,500 to 7k, bag of local rice from 25 to 28k while sachet tomato don climb from 50 naira to 120 naira, amongst other demonic increases and it is not yet festive season o!

©Leke Gbolade

lol
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2020
armadeo:

See the " shidren" Desmond was talking about.

Nothing upstairs but insults. No logic no sense at all.

Ignored henceforth.

simply report him to the moderators, they will take care of him. Simple
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Twifemmy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle by Abeos(m): 6:59am On Nov 03, 2020
MLTR:

That your life does not revolve around does not undermine the fact that some people make earns meet from social media.
If your life is good thank God buh don't for a sec think it better of than those people whose life revolves around social media. lets be guided.

Where in my statement I'm I undermining those that make use of social media to earn a living. I simply stated I comment when I see the need to

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Georgina Onuoha To Beat Kemi Olunloyo In Ibadan (Photos) / See What Ruggedman Posted On Instagram That Got Nigerians Talking / Teni Photoshopped To Wrestler, Yokozuna. She Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.