Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? (1282 Views)

Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi / Sunday Igboho's Bullet Proof With Arabic Inscription On It (Pictures) / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by IkwerrePikin: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
The Arabic Writing:

The Arabic text on the Nigerian Army logo is, "NASRUNMINALLAH" which means "VICTORY COMES FROM GOD ALONE." The motto was formerly that of the great jihadist, Uthman Dan Fodio, Head of the Sokoto Caliphate which was inscribed by the British under Lord Lugard.

I think it doesn’t look good for an arabic text to be used on the logo of the army when arabic is not our official language.

This is not suppose to cause issue, why can’t southerners in the senate change it to english which is our official language?

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by flyingpig: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
Way tooo many things in Nigeria are left unexplained or swept under the rug, from the tiniest things like Army Logo to the biggest things like Lekki tollgate.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by incogni2o: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Same reason there is arabic on the Naira
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Seerade029: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ikwerrepikin

Arabic is a language just like English or Swahili. It has nothing to do with Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by tartar9(m): 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
I never knew Arabic is the name of a religion undecided
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Seerade029: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
incogni2o:
Same reason there is arabic on the Naira

The one on naira isn't Arabic but ajami

I think it was Hausa scripts or writings before the coming of British

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by kilonshele101(m): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
everything on the military logo has meaning. the Arabic means "victory belongs to God" it is a slogan of one of the first and most popular historical war fought within the area now known as Nigeria. of course the war was fought in the north. the then what is now refer to as southern Nigeria also fought wars but the wars were mostly intra tribal. I think the slogan was adopted so that the logo can have some indigenous touch, coz our military was initially designed by the British. the logo was designed by a sound southern officer and he's also a Christian, so it might not be what you people are thinking

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by GodIsBiafran: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
Because Zoogerian is an Islamic caliphate. If you are a Zoogerian you are a slave of Islam. And Hausa-Fulani are the hand tool used by your slave masters to enslave.

THIS IS WHY I AM NOT A ZOOGERIAN. I AM A BIAFRAN.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by thatsleepboy1: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
keep on wailing

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Zionmdde: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
tartar9:
I never knew Arabic is the name of a religion undecided
sharrap there
if it was written in Jewish language, would have said d same thing?
hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Rugaria: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
kilonshele101:
everything on the military logo has meaning. the Arabic means "victory belongs to God" it is a slogan of one of the first and most popular historical war fought within the area now known as Nigeria. of course the war was fought in the north. the then what is now refer to as southern Nigeria also fought wars but the wars were mostly intra tribal. I think the slogan was adopted so that the logo can have some indigenous touch, coz our military was initially designed by the British. the logo was designed by a sound southern officer and he's also a Christian, so it might not be what you people are thinking
Arabic language is indigenous to Nigeria? Lol! You see how you are speaking from both sides of your mouth? That's what happens to those who afraid of saying the truth. The good thing is that both you and the person asking the questions, together with majority of the reading public know the reason why such letters are there..
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Coneheadyutes(m): 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
thatsleepboy1:
keep on wailing

na just question. embarassed
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by psyco: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
Because your Christian brethrens allowed it.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by kilonshele101(m): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
Rugaria:

Arabic language is indigenous to Nigeria? Lol! You see how you are speaking from both sides of your mouth? That's what happens to those who afraid of saying the truth. The good thing is that both you and the person asking the questions, together with majority of the reading public know the reason why such letters are there..

do you have to quote me before letting people know the fvcked up opinion you have in your head ??

ignorant people like you are part of the problem we're having. you even failed to understand simple English. it was the slogan that was adopted and the slogan was in Arabic. the same way "Recte Sapere Fons" (To think straight is the fount of knowledge) was adopted for university of Ibadan. it was the slogan that was adopted but the slogan is in 'Latin'.

the language of the slogan is not as important as the significance of the slogan.

i don't know which tribe or the religion you practice but this your inferiority complex mentality won't help you, you're free to form any meaning for it as usual. but don't quote me again I owe you no explanation and I'm not responsible for your miserable life. you should direct your frustration to things that will add value to your life not to discredit people's opinion in a public forum.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Rugaria: 8:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
kilonshele101:

do you have to quote me before letting people know the fvcked up opinion you have in your head ??

ignorant people like you are part of the problem we're having. you even failed to understand simple English. it was the slogan that was adopted and the slogan was in Arabic. the same way "Recte Sapere Fons" (To think straight is the fount of knowledge) was adopted for university of Ibadan. it was the slogan that was adopted but the slogan is in 'Latin'.

the language of the slogan is not as important as the significance of the slogan.

i don't know which tribe or the religion you practice but this your inferiority complex mentality won't help you, you're free to form any meaning for it as usual. but don't quote me again I owe you no explanation and I'm not responsible for your miserable life. you should direct your frustration to things that will add value to your life not to discredit people's opinion in a public forum.

Taaah, this hungry thing! I'm not letting you off easily on this one..You made a very mischievous statement about a public institution and you were called out to explain such. Rather than do that, like a deranged hyena, you went about snarling right left and center! Do I look like the type you bully here? Imagine this ijiot on steroids...We have four accepted languages that can be used for national institutions like this, but somebody smuggled in Arabic through the backdoor. Arabic that is unknown to most of the country. Intentionally, a wretched partisan hack like you, paid for your mercenary activities here, went off defending the indefensible. All for pecuniary interests.

They have lowered the standards for entry into the army, you will soon defend that. They turned the army into an ethnic institution, your likes defended that too. That's how we ended up with an army that takes sides while deployed within conflict areas in the country..You wear servitude like a badge of honor, you .. You keep making excuses for tribalism and nepotism exhibited by misfits in power while pointing fingers elsewhere, then expect to be left alone. Next, they will put a Koran there, and you will wriggle out from your rat hole to muddle facts as you defend your masters in power with your worthless opinion. Very irritating things one shares a sick country with..

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by kilonshele101(m): 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2020
Rugaria:

Taaah, this hungry thing! I'm not letting you off easily on this one..You made a very mischievous statement about a public institution and you were called out to explain such. Rather than do that, like a deranged hyena, you went about snarling right left and center! Do I look like the type you bully here? Imagine this ijiot on steroids...We have four accepted languages that can be used for national institutions like this, but somebody smuggled in Arabic through the backdoor. Arabic that is unknown to most of the country. Intentionally, a wretched partisan hack like you, paid for your mercenary activities here, went off defending the indefensible. All for pecuniary interests.

They have lowered the standards for entry into the army, you will soon defend that. They turned the army into an ethnic institution, your likes defended that too. That's how we ended up with an army that takes sides while deployed within conflict areas in the country..You wear servitude like a badge of honor, you .. You keep making excuses for tribalism and nepotism exhibited by misfits in power while pointing fingers elsewhere, then expect to be left alone. Next, they will put a Koran there, and you will wriggle out from your rat hole to muddle facts as you defend your masters in power with your worthless opinion. Very irritating things one shares a sick country with..

I don buy market from a mad man

Mr man, I don't have the cure for inferiority complex.

you're free to make up any kind of theory as you wish, you can even say that the colour of our camouflage is the colour of Saudi's flag or the names of our barracks are gotten from a secret cult, you can even go as far as saying that all our officers are not even Nigerians, just say anything if that's what will make you feel better. that's what helpless inferior people do.

I still don't know why you keep quoting me, I'm not responsible for your helplessness. you are free to wail as much as necessary.

Someone asked a question and everyone is free to offer his opinion and I gave him what's on the record. I still don't know why a frustrated less privileged conspiracy theorist keep quoting me

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Rugaria: 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2020
kilonshele101:

I don buy market from a mad man

Mr man, I don't have the cure for inferiority complex.

you're free to make up any kind of theory as you wish, you can even say that the colour of our camouflage is the colour of Saudi's flag or the names of our barracks are gotten from a secret cult, you can even go as far as saying that all our officers are not even Nigerians, just say anything if that's what will make you feel better. that's what helpless inferior people do.

I still don't know why you keep quoting me, I'm not responsible for your helplessness. you are free to wail as much as necessary.

Someone asked a question and everyone is free to offer his opinion and I gave him what's on the record. I still don't know why a less privileged conspiracy theorist keep quoting me

Looks like labelling your superiors as your inferiors gives you some kind of adrenaline kicks? All these talks about helplessness, inferiority complex, less privileged, bla bla bla... Are you going through your normal bipolar spasm?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by kilonshele101(m): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2020
Rugaria:

Looks like labelling your superiors as your inferiors gives you some kind of adrenaline kicks? All these talks about helplessness, inferiority complex, less privileged, bla bla bla... Are you going through your normal bipolar spasm?

grin I see you enjoy the kind of attention I'm giving you. you enjoy quoting me than banging your wife. but sorry, it's ending here, I promise not to quote you again.

quote me again to prove me right.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Rugaria: 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
kilonshele101:

grin I see you enjoy the kind of attention I'm giving you. you enjoy quoting me than banging your wife. but sorry, it's ending here, I promise not to quote you again.

quote me again to prove me right.

You think if you put it that way, I will let you off the hook? You tribal upstart! Looks like you don't know your mate... You were caught trying to sell dog poop as candy and the next thing was to rant and insult? What is Arabic doing in the armys logo? And you said it was "adopted for indigenous touch"! Are you Indigenous to the Arab world? That was pointed out to you and you start snarling at your imaginary enemies, are you nuts? Thats how you guys normalise evil, then start to moan when you are at the receiving end.. You want a decent soceity, but you are ready to accept peanuts in order to do violence to facts, posting pure lies.. Scanvenging every thread trying to bully your god? Ijiot!

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Rugaria:

You think if you put it that way, I will let you off the hook? You tribal upstart! Looks like you don't know your mate... You were caught trying to sell dog poop as candy and the next thing was to rant and insult? What is Arabic doing in the armys logo? And you said it was "adopted for indigenous touch"! Are you Indigenous to the Arab world? That was pointed out to you and you start snarling at your imaginary enemies, are you nuts? Thats how you guys normalise evil, then start to moan when you are at the receiving end.. You want a decent soceity, but you are ready to accept peanuts in order to do violence to facts, posting pure lies.. Scanvenging every thread trying to bully your god? Ijiot!

you people just dey make me laugh grin grin grin. you're really enjoying quoting him. he was talking about the significance of the said slogan but you're insisting on the language of the slogan. he cited an example of that of university of Ibadan but you still don't get his point. let me try explaining what he was saying. you see the saying 'Ignorantia juris non excusat' is a common phrase in Nigeria courts and it's not in the official language of Nigeria but it English meaning is 'ignorance of law is not an excuse'. legal practitioners can easily say the Latin phrase in English but they prefer to say it in its original language as translated by Aristotle and because of the 'significance' of the phrase is the tradition of Roman law. same way according to what the guy said, the Arabic inscription was a slogan of one of the historical war that was fought in Nigeria. I can say that what he was trying to say is that the adoption of the slogan wasn't because of the language but because of its 'significance' in the indigenous war. the fact that the slogan was used in an indigenous war makes its inscription on the logo of our war institute looks indigenous as opposed to what it was before in the colonial era. I figured and it doesn't take anyone with a pure mind to understand that. if you stop seeing things from the perspective of on group trying to dominate another group, I think you will start understanding things easily.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by kilonshele101(m): 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
smartzeez:

you people just dey make me laugh grin grin grin. you're really enjoying quoting him. he was talking about the significance of the said slogan but you're insisting on the language of the slogan. he cited an example of that of university of Ibadan but you still don't get his point. let me try explaining what he was saying. you see the saying 'Ignorantia juris non excusat' is a common phrase in Nigeria courts and it's not in the official language of Nigeria but it English meaning is 'ignorance of law is not an excuse'. legal practitioners can easily say the Latin phrase in English but they prefer to say it in its original language as translated by Aristotle and because of the 'significance' of the phrase is the tradition of Roman law. same way according to what the guy said, the Arabic inscription was a slogan of one of the historical war that was fought in Nigeria. I can say that what he was trying to say is that the adoption of the slogan wasn't because of the language but because of its 'significance' in the indigenous war. the fact that the slogan was used in an indigenous war makes its inscription on the logo of our war institute looks indigenous as opposed to what it was before in the colonial era. I figured and it doesn't take anyone with a pure mind to understand that. if you stop seeing things from the perspective of on group trying to dominate another group, I think you will start understanding things easily.
much love bro.
I am sure he is still coming for your head.

frustrated conspiracy theorist don't give up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Rugaria: 11:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
smartzeez:

Some of us are not all that naive. Some of us have been around for a while to smell the coffee from afar... My secondary School had her Latin insignia in her emblem, so I should know all that from then... Those who chose Arabian wars/struggles/letters as a base for the insignia of Nigerias army logo, know what they are doing. . The motivating factors behind their choice, shares a family resemblance with the motives behind biulding an Aso rock and the dome of the national assembly with Arabian architecture. The same reason why Arabic letters were in the currency, the same reason why Muslim officers dominate the army...60% of Nigerians can't read Arabic, so who actually is it there for? Domination in this context is not an imaginary assumption, it's the reality we're dealing with... Part of the reason why fierce nepotism in government circles thrives today is because when little signs of sect chauvinism like this cropped up in the past, folks never took them serious...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Rugaria: 11:52pm On Nov 02, 2020
kilonshele101:

much love bro.
I am sure he is still coming for your head.

frustrated conspiracy theorist don't give up.
Could be you writing with another moniker.. Dumbo!
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by kilonshele101(m): 3:30am On Nov 03, 2020
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Yujin(m): 3:32am On Nov 03, 2020
Rugaria:

Some of us are not all that naive. Some of us have been around for a while to smell the coffee from afar... My secondary School had her Latin insignia in her emblem, so I should know all that from then... Those who chose Arabian wars/struggles/letters as a base for the insignia of Nigerias army logo, know what they are doing. . The motivating factors behind their choice, shares a family resemblance with the motives behind biulding an Aso rock and the dome of the national assembly with Arabian architecture. The same reason why Arabic letters were in the currency, the same reason why Muslim officers dominate the army...60% of Nigerians can't read Arabic, so who actually is it there for? Domination in this context is not an imaginary assumption, it's the reality we're dealing with... Part of the reason why fierce nepotism in government circles thrives today is because when little signs of sect chauvinism like this cropped up in the past, folks never took them serious...
Exactly. Don't mind them. Others may fail to see what's happening but we won't ever fail to point those things out.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Yujin(m): 3:49am On Nov 03, 2020
See how they turned a pure jihadist raids of indigenous people in northern Nigeria a 'war' while tagging proper inter-tribal wars in the south 'local fights'. Whatever Uthman Dan Fodio did was a religious thing and his logo he used remains a religious relic. Why then should it be used on an emblem of a supposed secular country? The British government are solidly behind the numerous problems we're facing today. It's very painful to know that all of us including their so called 'friends' are all being played. Whatever friendship they claim to share is simply because of the economic benefit that accrues from it. If we kill ourselves here, they'll still laugh behind the scene.
However, one thing is certain which is that nothing lasts forever. Some day the yoke shall be broken.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 03, 2020
Rugaria:

some things are not possible considering the situations that surrounds it no matter how afraid one is. I figured that all what you're pointing to is the imaginary islamization of a complex and diverse country like Nigeria especially at this modern century. no offense but you need to stop listening less to Nnamdi kanu's ridiculous broadcasts. it's affecting your perception of things as they appear. you have every right to hold on to your belief for the reasons best known to you. but count out all what you mentioned up here. you really misperceived the whole thing.
(1) we don't have any (Islamic) Arabic inscription on our currency. those ones are Ajami (Hausa). the same way Yoruba and Igbo are written is 'script' (the Roman alphabet) "Biko" is Igbo written in script ( combining Roman letter 'B' 'I' 'K' and 'O'. though some marks can be added to distinguished pronunciations) "ile" is Yoruba but written with Roman alphabet. Ajami is Hausa written in Arabic style. Hausa is the first Nigeria language to be written down . it started as Ajami and that was how the northerners write and read things, it was later after the Western education was introduced in Nigeria then some contemporary Yoruba ,Igbo and even Hausa with the help of some foreigners started writing the languages in Roman alphabet. and so many northerners still use Ajami especially those that don't Fancy western education. even the Arabian can pronoun the Ajami on our currency coz they are Hausa.
(2) it's unfair to perceive the national assembly complex as Arabian architectural designs. you can spare some time to read about domes and you will understand that NA complex is not even close to Arabian design judging from the design of the windows and entrance (they are not semi circle - typical Arabian style) and no long tower(s) around it. Dome roof design is also historically traced to Persian, Roman, Byzantine and Italian Renaissance  architectural designs. Dome become more popular as a means of showcasing grand  structures. such as cathedrals, legislative building and, more recently, leisure buildings such as sports stadia.
some churches like Aachen Cathedral, Adolf Fredrik , Agios Minas Cathedral are built with domes, and Many legislative buildings across the world are built with domes including the united state Capitol and all the 50 legislative buildings in each 50 States of the united state of America. they all have designs like our very own national assembly complex.
(3) 60% of our military are northerners and most of them happen to be Muslims. it's the tribe they belong to that made that possible. you can say that the northerners are fixing themselves. if the Igbos did something , people refer to them as ipob or Igbo that they are, they won't be referring to them as Christians despite the fact that 99.99% of them are Christians. besides your religion isn't part of the prerequisite for enlistment but it's an established fact that where you're from play roles. you using 'Muslims' is too wide because we have some southern Muslims who are not different from their Christian Christian counterparts.
(4) I don't know much about the military but I think it was explained earlier that the slogan is from the last ancient war in the northern Nigeria not an Arabian war/ struggle.
I don't think I can explain more than this, we all know that tribalism and nepotism is killing Nigeria but that doesn't stop you from reading and doing some personal research instead of making things up in your head. and I can't even figure if it's the northerners you're having problem with or Islam or the Arabian world or the Christian nation (British) that designed Nigeria to favour the tribe that's most loyal to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by kilonshele101(m): 4:15am On Nov 03, 2020
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 03, 2020
kilonshele101:
kilonshele101:
kilonshele101:

this one that you're hiding grin
Re: Why Does The Nigerian Army’s Logo Have An Arabic Inscription? by mightyhazel: 5:38am On Nov 03, 2020
Deceptive thread by a dubious abouki..

Aim is to try n hoodwink ppl into thinking he is actually ikwerrre and not abouki!

Nice try tho.

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen!!!! Tension In Edo LGA / If Sowere Could Go To Court With A Witch Doctor, Payment Of Tithe Is Neccesary / How Can You Be A Freedom Fighter And Live In London?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.