Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,894 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? (59192 Views)

Oshiomhole Leads Rally With Shouts Of "Jagaban" (Video) / Moment Tinubu Touched Down In Warri Amidst Shouts Of "Jagaban" (video) / 'Disciples Of Jagaban' Storm Abuja For Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by thatigboman: 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

Bariba never raid Old Ọ̀yọ́ though they tried but wasn't successful due to the help of Orangun Ajagunla of Ila Oranmiyan's elder brother, it's Nupe who raided the old Oyo (Ọ̀yọ́-Ilé or Ọ̀yọ́ Katunga) in 16th century and destroyed it forcing Aláàfin to fled to Borgu kingdom. Another capital (Ọ̀yọ́ Igboho) was rebuilt by Aláàfin Ofinran after He successfully regain conquered Ọ̀yọ́ territories from Nupe. Aláàfin Orompoto-Niyun (The second Ọ̀yọ́ female king) attacked Nupe territories forcing them to migrated northward and pay tributes to Aláàfin till the declining of Ọ̀yọ́ empire
this your oyo empire, the capital is which present day state and city?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by sofiscatedmoron: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2020
Meaning lagos is no mans land
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by coolatlantic: 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2020
Fight and win the battle against sickle cell anemia. Tested and trusted therapy.

Check my signature for details
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Sedonxavi: 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ja gaba means "move to front" nothing like Jagaban
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Elsadam(m): 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
oyinkinola:
...the meaning of Jagaban?

A person who lead a struggle.

He so deserve the title.

Tinubu is a worrior and my mentor!!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by oyinkinola: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2020
Elsadam:

The person who lead a struggle
He so deserve the title
Tinubu is a worior and my mentor
...but I only see him on paper, maybe he will proof what you call him to me.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Deemayor: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2020
The word 'Jagaban' Means 'leader of warriors' it was formed from the chieftaincy title bestowed on Tinubu in a town in Northwest Nigeria: "Ja a gabar borgu" which means "the leader of borgu land or in the Yoruba language the Asiwaju of Borgu Land
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
Fash20:
Its actually Ja a gabar borgu. Its a title in borgu. It was given to Tinubu some years ago. It was corrupted to Jagaban.

O je oye Gabar

O je gabar lori gbogbowon
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by puregrace(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ibadansun1:
You are high on some thing cheap sir

Even Ajayi crowther was captured and and sold in one of such Fulani raid of Oyo.

Emir shitta raided Oyo and it's well documented fact.

Fulani after raiding Oyo pushed down South and were only defeated in Ogbomoso by Ibadan warriors.

In fact, Jeba a town shared by Nupes and Yoruba in Kwara still stands till today

Nupes are still in Oyo state in the Ibarapa section

Yorubas still live amongst Bariba in Benin republic and Nigeria.

is it ogbomoso or osogbo?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2020
thatigboman:
this your oyo empire, the capital is which present day state and city?
Its in Oyo and Kwara state, the site is now a national park (Old Oyo National Park)
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Ibadansun1: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
puregrace:
is it ogbomoso or osogbo?
Oshogbo I made a mistake in my earlier comment.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by puregrace(m): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ibadansun1:
Oshogbo I made a mistake in my earlier comment.

Thanks for the clarification
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by lawrsmith(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
Jagajaga
no be small jagajaga.
�����
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Olatomiwami(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
Jagajaga

Pele I feel your pain, channel your grievances to who exchange your destiny with kerosene grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Olatomiwami(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
Eastlink:
Borgu was never a vassal to Oyo. The Bariba people who dominate Baruten LGA were under the Kiama emirate before it was joined with Bassa emirate to form the larger Borgu emirate by the British. If you say Kaiama was a vassal under Oyo, we never know because history didn't record so. History only recorded that Borgu kingdom hosted Oyo when Tsoedo from Nupe invaded it.

But one thing we know was that the Bariba, Nupe and Oyo live side by side. Even till now if you visit towns like Share, you would not know the difference between Tsaragi and Share. Tsaragi is the Nupe derivative, while Share is what the Yoruba call it. Share falls under Ifelodun LGA, and Tsaragi is under Edu. There is no common boundary between both. The same is applicable to Jebba a Yoruba town, close by to Moro in Niger state, separated by the River Quorra (Niger). Even Lafiaji and Shonga towns, host both Yoruba and Nupe who live together. The Yoruba call the Nupe Tapa while the Nupe call the Yoruba Oyo.

I salute u bro, not only history u know, but the towns too
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Olatomiwami(m): 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2020
Firstpage:

Then why are you so worried about him? Igboman with unnecessary hate.

Hate yen gan loma pa won danu, useless people with bile in their body and soul, ask what he did to them, they can't give tangible answer.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Elsadam(m): 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2020
oyinkinola:

...but I only see him on paper, maybe he will proof what you call him to me.

He need not to prove anything to you.

Information is power so go and find out about Tinubu. And please don't act or judge on sentiment rather act on reasoning after reading bout him.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by chamboy(m): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2020
Elsadam:

He need not to prove anything to you.

Information is power so go and find out about Tinubu. And please don't act or judge on sentiment rather act on reasoning after reading bout him.
people are sentimental and hate filled.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Elsadam(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
chamboy:
people are sentimental and hate filled.

Honestly Bro.
No human is perfect because we all have our shortcomings. So Tinubu is not perfect.
Imagine people hating on someone who was a successful accountant and politician. Instead to double there hustle they are busy hating. What you give is what you get. When you are hate filled, people will hate you. Hate attracts hate, like attract like. Love attract love.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by yellowpepper: 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
You’re a Jagaban when you have secured your online business account �
Which means you can enjoy, manage your finances, send and receive money with zero fee and access loan facilities.
Open a business account online with FCMB and enjoy amazing benefits. Click here to start https://on.fcmb.com/online-account-business3
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Eastlink(m): 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
Olatomiwami:

I salute u bro, not only history u know, but the towns too
Thanks for the compliment. I really love Kwara state. I served there and made sure I toured everywhere even as far as Niger state.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by goldmatrix(m): 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2020
He bought it from Jumia..
Re: What Is The Meaning Of JAGABAN? by Esji80(m): 9:11am On Nov 03, 2020
This thread don turn to Social Studies abi History class ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Abisola Kola-Daisy Shares Sexy Swimwear Photos / Tinubu And Wike's Motorcade In Port Harcourt Today (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.