Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday (21911 Views)

FG, ASUU Meet In Abuja / ASUU Strike: Hope For Students As Fg, Senate, ASUU Meet To Appraise Utas / Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
Pancakeey:

I hope it’s true tho. I’m tired of staying at home but the chances of ASUU bending and the FG giving in is so low
Have they started already?
make una just chillax grin!
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by jonaville29(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
my hope is not rising o. if the strike is called off, great. if it isn't, we move cool
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2020
bluefilm:

Which pandemic exactly are you talking about, if I may ask?

Where you see the pandemic?
No guess hungerdemic
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by 9jatriot(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
Why on earth did you guys join that demonic group called ASUU? You guys had one of the most predictable calendar in the country.
Jeez.
Rilwayne001:
Those of us in University of Ilorin are suffering the most. Joining the strike for the first time in 19years is a disaster really. God, why this time? cry cry cry
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by sybersofty(m): 3:02pm On Nov 04, 2020
eleazon:
Alot of dramma has taken place since this devilish government brought the issue of IPPIS as a distraction from the key isuues that led to the total, comprehensive and indefinite strike that ASUU embarked upon. The latest being the interview that the Minister of State for Education, Mr Chukwuemeka Nwajuba granted channels TV yesterday.
I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I am preempting another deadlock today, going by recent utterances from this minister whose ministry is currently having unsettled issues. The minister shot himself in the leg yesterday by affirming that IPPIS is faulty. By submitting that some lecturers were underpaid while some overpaid, ASUU has been vindicated. However, by stating that lecturers are not being owed, it is very obvious that he is not in tune with the goings on in his ministry or he is conservative with the truth, but I choose to believe the former.
The ASUU chairperson further buttressed his by stating that the 3 meetings ASUU had with the FG, he wasn't present. Yet he came to defend his ministry which did rather poorly. On sunday, this same man stated that 51000 out of 77000 ASUU members have registered on ippis when we do not have such number of lecturers (state and federal univerisities combined) in Nigeria. This shows gross incompetence for such exalted position by the minister. The truth of the matter is that the so called payment he referred to happened when the president yielded to pressure and asked that lecturers not on IPPIS be paid to cushion the effect of covid 19. However, immediately ASUU anounced that UTAS was ready, FG stopped further payment. Hence lecturers not on IPPIS are being owed from July to date. This is in addition to the key issues: revatalization of universities, earned academic allowances or EAA, establishment of visitation pannels, honor of memorandum of action entered into between FG and ASUU in 2019, establishment of renegotiation committee, etc, that led to this protracted strike by ASUU.
We all should appreciate the fight that ASUU is putting up. GOD forbid, should ASUU lose this battle, students will pay through their noses to go to school. This is part of what ASUU is trying to prevent. The onus lies on Nigerian students now to join ASUU in preventing this devilish govt from decimating the Nigerian public tertiary educational system as from their body language, they are not in a hurry to open universities now. Afterall, their children do not school in Nigeria

You don't have to type this much...

1 Like

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by dominique(f): 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
Pancakeey:
@Dominiq.ue why do I always get spammed by the spam bot?

I hardly post here. I tried posting in the business and literature section but the spam bot banned me
Please do something about it

I’m new here and I read that you’re a nice mod
Domin.ique

Sorry about that. You've been unbanned now

1 Like

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Pancakeey(f): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2020
dominique:

Sorry about that. You've been unbanned now
Thank you so much cheesy
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Intellectual2(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
After the meeting nothing go still happen ,,, even if them call off the strike school na till next year
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Rilwayne001: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2020
9jatriot:
Why on earth did you guys join that demonic group called ASUU? You guys had one of the most predictable calendar in the country.
Jeez.

Na this our new VC oh. It's quite unfortunate. We've been able to survive without ASUU for 19years, I don't know what he hoped to gain joining them now.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Gordieshegz(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
amidel:
Suspend the strike but schools should resume in January 2021. There's no point resuming for just a month angry

I guess you don't really get how University calendar works. That one month can change a lot.

Perhaps you are maintaining that line of thought because of December break?
Lol They will only give 24 Dec to 2nd Jan.

If ASUU called off today, many schools would roll out their resumption dates immediately.
And sadly, it would still be this year.

4 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Jahzrockballer(m): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
Gordieshegz:

I guess you don't really get how University calendar works. That one month can change a lot.

Perhaps you are maintaining that line of thought because of December break?
Lol They will only give 24 Dec to 2nd Jan.

If ASUU called off today, many schools would roll out their resumption dates immediately.
And sadly, it would still be this year.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by eleazon(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2020
Must you quote my writeup? Why don't u move on if it doesn't interest u. Why won't u be stuck at chapter two after spending several months at home quoting other peoples topics on nairaland. Fool
sybersofty:

You don't have to type this much...
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by sybersofty(m): 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
eleazon:
Must you quote my writeup? Why don't u move on if it doesn't interest u. Why won't u be stuck at chapter two after spending several months at home quoting other peoples topics on nairaland. Fool

grin
Atlest I'm not stuck staring at fluids after ejaculations...you gay!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Uncommon Phobias People Have. / SS2 Students Sitting On Bare Floor To Write Exams In Sokoto State (Photos) / Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.