Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday (21890 Views)

FG, ASUU Meet In Abuja / ASUU Strike: Hope For Students As Fg, Senate, ASUU Meet To Appraise Utas / Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by NollyMedia(f): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
Barring any last minute change in plans, the representatives of the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) would meet in Abuja, on Wednesday, to continue their “marathon” meeting, with the hope of reaching solid agreement that could herald the reopening of University campuses.

However, there are indications that major decisions would be taken at the meeting which might rekindle the hope of students in public owned universities to return to school this year for continuation of academic programmes.
ASUU leadership had maintained that they have five major issues that led to withdrawal of their services few months ago, but the major concern is the adoption of University Transparency Account System (UTAS) for the personnel management of its members.

ASUU President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, who confirmed the development to Daily Sun on Tuesday, explained that the meeting was the continuaton of the series of meetings they have had in the past with Government officials on the issues of dispute.

He said: “After our last meeting with Government representatives, we collectively agreed that I should return to my people to update them on the resolutions. I have been doing that since the last time we met with government.

“So, all the parties involved have agreed to return to the dialogue table on Wednesday to continue discussions and search for durable labour peace in the University system. That’s the much I can say for now.”

He, however, declined comment on whether the decision to suspend the strike will be taken at the meeting, insisting, “just wait till the end of the meeting on Wednesday. That’s only when I can confidently and authoritatively say something in that regard.”

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/strike-hope-rises-as-fg-ASUU-meet-on-wednesday/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by sinkhole: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hmmmm, hope rises embarassed undecided

5 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by NollyMedia(f): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2020
sinkhole:
Hmmmm, hope rises embarassed undecided
Yes, let's be optimistic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2020
There will only be hope if only FG settles them

9 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by sinkhole: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2020
NollyMedia:

OK o undecided
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Howitzer: 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2020

Odds
Strike continues - 0.99
Strike ends - 100

59 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Broluke: 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2020
Which Wednesday is that?
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Broluke: 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
Which Wednesday is that?

Is it tomorrow or the one that has been done?
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by NollyMedia(f): 12:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Broluke:
Which Wednesday is that?

Is it tomorrow or the one that has been done?
This Wednesday (4th November)

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by BestMan001: 6:20am On Nov 04, 2020
They better end this strike

It is too much for the students.

1 Like

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 04, 2020
NollyMedia:

hmm... Optimism then a shattered hope... Lai lai...no be me .
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by KhingPaul(m): 7:56am On Nov 04, 2020
Them just dey jonze themselves. Lemme just sit and watch how this 'marathon' meeting ends up in another deadlock.
Meanwhile, #Team2021 issa goal.

4 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 04, 2020
Howitzer:

Odds
Strike continues - 0.99
Strike ends - 100

Strike continues over 4.5

11 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:04am On Nov 04, 2020
I hope it ends well this time around

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:05am On Nov 04, 2020
Haryoife:

Strike continues over 4.5
Lazy youth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by visijo(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2020
Total BS..

When you ask for a breakthrough or a promotion in other words you are asking for trouble.. You can't ask for growth and get surprised when it starts to rain..
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by amidel(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2020
Suspend the strike but schools should resume in January 2021. There's no point resuming for just a month angry

5 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by helinues: 10:06am On Nov 04, 2020
See the picture attached with the news..

It is now a match between FG and ASUU...

Anyways, na draw match go pay Nigerian students, that means they both compromised
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Mindlog: 10:06am On Nov 04, 2020
The children of most of the ASUU representatives and that of the FG are schooling abroad, so little motivation to do the necessary things that would lead to resumption.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Classicool(m): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2020
Hope that will be dashed after the meeting...���

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Maxxim: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2020
See how ASUU and fg dey play with students destiny grin
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Enudapan: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

These old men being catching cruises
With undergraduate, while there children are
Receive good education abroad..

For the Young undergraduate out there, forget about FG vs ASUU fight for now
And start up a B0mbing career while taking mushin weed for further inspiration

4 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Omezif(m): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2020
Both FG and ASUU are not normal at all, the way they are making decissions regarding this mere issue baffles. The unreasonable difference policies we are witnessing from this government is raping this country.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Houston17(m): 10:09am On Nov 04, 2020
No need to put hopes cos their meeting go just shatter the hope
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by emmabest2000(m): 10:10am On Nov 04, 2020
Audio hope

Meanwhile......
Yuletide is around

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Bobotic(m): 10:10am On Nov 04, 2020
God, Please Remember Our Country Nigeria!

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2020
Omezif:
A
For Apple koh
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Antoeni(m): 10:12am On Nov 04, 2020
With the way this Election has gone so far, it is Safe to say that the US has No Moral right to Question our Democratic Credentials going Forward.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by bluefilm: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2020
It will still end in futility like all the previous meetings.

I am a lazy student.

I am not ready to resume again this year.

My fellow lazy students, are you with me?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

Lazy youth
No b say I lazy o
I don do one night wey I no sleep till they release the outcome of their meeting
I no fit do that shii again
It sucks
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Judolisco(m): 10:13am On Nov 04, 2020
ASUU federal government tormentor... I pity final year students sha... Thank God say me i Don graduate b4 dis covid19 and strike brouhaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Uncommon Phobias People Have. / First Online University Debuts In Nigeria As FG Issues 37 New Licences / Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.