Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect (37004 Views)

Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. / Results Are Being Tampered With- Chris Smith, US Congressman, Nigerian Election / Atiku Abubakar Meets Chris Smith, US Congressman At Capitol Washington DC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2020
flemsy15:
Over 80 percent of the votes!! Baba played his game well well.
Congrats to him
DC is like 98% Democrats
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
osazsky:
and which political position goes to a white man in nigeria...d last I heard someone from Kenya once ruled america for 8 years...even local govt chairman slot.watch how tugs fights with guns and marchets saying we are the real igbos.we are d real yopob I weep for this continent...until we drop ethnicity and uphold patriotism sorry to say it will continue to get worst if u like organise d protest of all protest...it will still end in tears spots

Good advice, bad example.

You ommitted a lot of nuances in your analysis.
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
Some people won't like this news ! Earlier,it was Esther Agbaje and now Oye Omolewa
! Na only Yoruba people dey America ? No one can stop the glory of sun from shining !

Odua to the world ! Meanwhile, the sky seems to be very BLUE in America right now. Ipobians,how market na ?

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by favor914: 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
Jakpon:
If Oye Owolewa and Esther Agbaje had been in Nigeria, there is the probabilty that they might have been extra judicially killed by SARS. fortunately for them, they are in a sane country where their dreams can be achieved and potentials fully maximised.

A sane country that kneels on a black man’s neck till he gives up the ghost? Ajegunle mentality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by favor914: 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:
Some people won't like this news ! Earlier,it was Esther Agbaje and now Oye Omolewa
! Na only Yoruba people dey America ? No one can stop the glory of sun from shining !

Odua to the world ! Meanwhile, the sky seems to be very BLUE in America right now. Ipobians,how market na ?
were did you see Yoruba mentioned, it says Nigerian/American?
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by makinson2865: 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2020
You will not hear noise now but if this fit is achieved by igbo guys, we would have been counting 21 pages of bragging, taunting, daunting, chest beating, we are this and that.

Inferiority complex at the peak!!!!

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
favor914:
were did you see Yoruba mentioned, it says Nigerian/American?

Tell me Agbaje and Oye Omolewa are not Yoruba names and I will take you seriously. They are Yoruba folks and I'm proud of them.
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by ogbonti: 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
flemsy15:
Over 80 percent of the votes!! Baba played his game well well.
Congrats to him

A dog with a [D] added to his name can not lose elections in Washington DC.

fyi - D here means Democrat!
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by RedPanthar: 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2020
The Business Hub is an enterprenual and business team of " 10 CONTENT WRITERS " working onboard a project to establish a chain of business ventures through a working from home-styled participation.

We seek more individuals to take up positions on our team and like you to consider participation.

We are looking for interested and willing persons to be a part of this team.

Your roles will be to write articles & produce a variety of them

You'll be trained to meet up with the necessary roles that's required of you.

You'll learn new insights, skills & ideas that will prove inestimable to you even after this project.

Remuneration is 1 Million Naira payable at the end of the engagement.

If you like to participate, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thanks for reading

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by BestTruth101(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2020
alexistaiwo:
So because Kenyans and Indians are celebrating mediocrity, you should follow suit?

But if he's caught doing BMC crime,, you will be among people that will say Nigerians are only good in certain thing, CORRUPTION!

You people enh angry
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by steeltrust: 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
TheDestroyer:
I want to believe you're igbo and if you are you tribalistic cvnt should not even be talking with the way we allow you bastards free in Lagos to run for office only for you to show your stupidity and get cut to size. Even igbos in Anambra won't dare run for office in Imo, na ordinary wike dey waste una like chickens grin
ode be der and be assuming if am ibo or not
for ur info I've pill out d truth and it hurts u

tribal bigots like u tongue
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by tex73: 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2020
He is not a congress man . I'm happy for him, but this is disinformation. He is a Shadow Representative for DC. He has no seat in the house and cant even vote.
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Burgerlomo: 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
sammysmiles:
Am so happy for this... I believe by this time next year I should be in the the USA by the mercies of God.... Congrats Brother...

Amen!
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
steeltrust:
u re happy now
since he won in another mans country body de sweet cus his ur tribes man
but if Ibrahim from kano win election for osun state u go de shout they re killing and taking over our land

bunch of hypocrites and tribal bigot

Ibrahim from kano supposed to be herding cattle...and can kunle from Lagos turn kano governor.... receive sense abeg... we're mad, nobody has monopoly of madness
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by EmekaSpark: 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations Sir
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
It's now that IPobians remember morals and the importance of not being tribalistic grin grin grin methinks they salty..

But anyways, I love the competitive spirit between Igbos and Yoruba's, at least we're both winning on the world stage and if I see my Igbo brother abroad I won't hesitate to support him.. competition drives development, it should also encourage us to do the needful in our individual states of origin, get your PVC and vote in the next election, as for my northern neighbors.....shey owu dey sweet una ni
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by RuggedSniper: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
daewoorazer:
His Biography:

https://www.oye4dc.com/about-oye

His victory statement

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHK0_OCnsgD/?igshid=ge7wuztc7dte
^^^OYE! WE DID IT! grin One love to the entire DC Area... Nigerian-American history unfolding. God bless America!

1 Share

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Godbless3(m): 3:35am On Nov 05, 2020
Congrat to him. But the way Nigerians carrying this news like it will boost Nigerian economy and maybe make law that will help nigerian situation just baffle me.
If it was another national in Nigeria contesting, you all would have been busy using that against him.
Just the imagine common lagos una dey do like say Igbo's not part of nigeria and to win a sit there nah die.
Even at viewing center, the day Abraham said he want to play 4 England, suddenly he wasn't good enough.
We have a long way to go.
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by Oracleforce: 5:25am On Nov 05, 2020
Anything is possible by merit in obodo Oyibo but in Nigeria, tribalism, favoritism, nepotism, is the key to success.

I will not handover this nonsense system to my children...lemme japa
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by silifat11(m): 8:28am On Nov 05, 2020
America is indeed a land of opportunities. Such is not possible in Nigeria. YORUBA man can't even win election in Hausa State. Congrats to him, we Kwarans are ☑☑proud�of him
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by chris51(f): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2020
ODJ124:
Congrats to him....

It's funny how one was leading.... with hundreds of thousands of votes... all of a sudden everything just changed....140000 votes awarded to Biden.. not even a single Vote for Trump or others....
If Biden wins let trump head to the Supreme Court...
justice must prevail... by all means he once to be rigged out.. its not to fair..

I believe trump has been rigged out..

lemme cool myself with some drink..

Thread seen...

You don't understand the system. The counting going on now is mail-in votes.
Democrats urged their supporters to vote early and many also mail their ballots. This is why at least 80% of mail-,in votes belong to Biden.

Republicans supporters voted mostly on election day. They were leading from election day votes only. Now that absentee, early votes and mail-in votes are being counted, Democrats have closed the gap.

Try and understand, NO SENTIMENTS.
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by chris51(f): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2020
chris51:

Democrats urged their supporters to vote early and many also mail their ballots. This is why at least 80% of mail-,in votes belong to Biden.

Republicans supporters voted mostly on election day. They were leading from election day votes only. Now that absentee, early votes and mail-in votes are being counted, Democrats have closed the gap.

Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by webmaster99(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2020
“Dreams don’t work unless you work it out” Go the extra mile. It’s never crowded there. Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you. “What defines us is how well we rise after falling.” Make each day your masterpiece. Wherever you go, go with all your heart, Turn your wounds into wisdom” “We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough.” just Begin somewhere or anywhere.
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by willyjacs(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2020
ODJ124:
Congrats to him....

It's funny how one was leading.... with hundreds of thousands of votes... all of a sudden everything just changed....140000 votes awarded to Biden.. not even a single Vote for Trump or others....
If Biden wins let trump head to the Supreme Court...
justice must prevail... by all means he once to be rigged out.. its not to fair..

I believe trump has been rigged out..

lemme cool myself with some drink..

Thread seen...
If u have been visiting any American social media platforms over the year,u will understand that this results are reflections of what most Americans I see there feel about trump.
most are sick of his attitudes, except u ,one local man here who knows nothing.

Shebi when trump won, he was behind, then boom! he overtook Hillary....so I wonder why it is now strange to u.

His covid 19 handling increased people's dislike for him.... They felt he is responsible for the over 200k deaths for not taking the virus serious nd fighting medical experts.

Visit any American platform and see the joy there right now......
Americans are not like u,that will dislike a politician only on social media but will sit at home during elections.

So many people are sick of him that is why this is the highest turnover of voters in US for a long time.

even the blacks there are racing for Biden.

if e pain u, nothing u fit do.

if they are talking about rigging, no be who dey sit get the power nd security?

get sense
Re: Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect by ODJ124(m): 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
chris51:

How 140000 to Biden in Wisconsin
200000 to Biden in Michigan
1000000 to Biden in Pennsylvania.
From the mail in ballot

0 to trump.. How can u explain that..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Accuses Philip Shaibu Of "Stealing" & "Wearing" His $250k Diamond Watch / APC Carrying Out Horrible Protests In Akwa Ibom State / INEC Cancels Election In Southern Ijaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.