Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r (1245 Views)

Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? / Woman Files For Divorce Because Her Husband Is Too Kind- Vanguard News / My Husband Filed For Divorce Because I Went Out With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
Just as a child graduates from high school into college, his priorities shift. The courses he takes become more narrow. He drops some classmates behind and retain few classmates who share the same college preference and same course. We do not go remain in high school out of loyalty to our friends.

As we age, our values, hobbies job etc changes. This is a sign of growth.one whose priority remain constant is stagnant like a child who fails to learn . Our choice of life partner also change.
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by fati2001(m): 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2020
NO.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by Godada(m): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2020
grin
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
Yes,,,,,,

Dump her like a mad woman,,,sad
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by magkhan(f): 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
It’s not a norm but it’s not a taboo. But your focus should be on your personal happiness. If you are no longer happy in the relationship or marriage then take a walk.

P.S You are supposed to grow together. If you say ‘bored’ that’s more understandable.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
magkhan:
It’s not a norm but it’s not a taboo. But your focus should be on your personal happiness. If you are no longer happy in the relationship or marriage then take a walk.

P.S You are supposed to grow together. If you say ‘bored’ that’s more understandable.

A partner is one who embark on a similar journey with us. As our priority changes, that of our partner may remain the same or change in a different direction. One partner is taking a leap in one direction and the other partner is watching while giving her full support . There are other relationship where the other partner discourage you from keeping up to your new ideal.you no longer feel connected. You become incompatible . Just because you are in a union does not mean you must follow our partner as he/ she changes her priorities
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by TheCork(m): 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
tobechi74:
Just as a child graduates from high school into college, his priorities shift. The courses he takes become more narrow. He drops some classmates behind and retain few classmates who share the same college preference and same course. We do not go remain in high school out of loyalty to our friends.

As we age, our values, hobbies job etc changes. This is a sign of growth.one whose priority remain constant is stagnant like a child who fails to learn . Our choice of life partner also change.

..brother..if u divorce..u will get more women.. forget marraige, plenty punnnny out there sir!!(truss me) cheesy
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
fati2001:
NO.
Whenever one wants to be with the other person.we let them embark on the journey.We communicate our feeling openly and arrive at a mutual agreement of divorce than to live in denial with all it’s lies and betrayal. A monogamous relationship does not necessarily mean we own our partner.It is not a life sentence. It is a process for growth. Letting go can become a gain rather than a loss when it leads us to our higher self.we can still retain the friendship while taking time to grow . Sticking to a union that does not lead to a higher growth can be detrimental to our wellbeing

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by fati2001(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
tobechi74:

Whenever one wants to be with the other person.we let them embark on the journey.We communicate our feeling openly and arrive at a mutual agreement of divorce than to live in denial with all it’s lies and betrayal. A monogamous relationship does not necessarily mean we own our partner.It is not a life sentence. It is a process for growth. Letting go can become a gain rather than a loss when it leads us to our higher self.we can still retain the friendship while taking time to grow . Sticking to a union that does not lead to a higher growth can be detrimental to our wellbeing

you have a point in this one.
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by baralatie(m): 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
tobechi74:

the golden speaks a lot of how insensitive you are when it comes to love and marriage.
wow!

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by baralatie(m): 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2020
magkhan:

he is not bored but is no longer interested because of improved status

his decision is no different from a classic case where a road side mechanic is married to a fellow bread seller .10 years down the line the bread seller is now a chartered accountant and works at kpmg.
now she wants a divorce because the road side mechanic is no longer upgradeable
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by nneka97224: 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
Yes,,,,,,Dump her like a mad woman,,,
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 12:19am On Nov 05, 2020
baralatie:

the golden speaks a lot of how insensitive you are when it comes to love and marriage.
wow!

The best relationship is the relationship where each promise to tell the truth even when it hurts. Cheating arises when one begins to hide the truth because our partner may not be able to handle it. Not all relationship are meant to last forever. Some relationship are meant to propel us to a greater height. Some relationship brings out hidden potential in us we never new existed. Another relationship improves on that potential. No monogamous relationship is a failure. Each has one lesson to teach us. It takes wisdom to know when a relationship has served its purpose and move into a new one.
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 6:35am On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by baralatie(m): 8:16am On Nov 05, 2020
tobechi74:

The best relationship is the relationship where each promise to tell the truth even when it hurts. Cheating arises when one begins to hide the truth because our partner may not be able to handle it. Not all relationship are meant to last forever. Some relationship are meant to propel us to a greater height. Some relationship brings out hidden potential in us we never new existed. Another relationship improves on that potential. No monogamous relationship is a failure. Each has one lesson to teach us. It takes wisdom to know when a relationship has served its purpose and move into a new one.
like I said you attitude speaks only of absolute use and dump marriage phenomenon!
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2020
baralatie:

like I said you attitude speaks only of absolute use and dump marriage phenomenon!

We should not just bail out of every relationship. We should be sure that the reason for unfulfimment in the union does not arises out of faults. Rather, we discover we no longer derive Joy in activitiess we used to . One partner has encountered a change in Religion and we cannot tolerate that .We feel lonely in the presence of our partner and alive in the presence of another without any reason . We should examine ourself to know whether we are in the union out of fear or out of love. Are we scared of what people we say when I leave? Am I scared of loosing certain previledges? We cannot truely grow in an environment of fear
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by baralatie(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
tobechi74:

We should not just bail out of every relationship. We should be sure that the reason for unfulfimment in the union does not arises out of faults. Rather, we discover we no longer derive Joy in activitiess we used to . One partner has encountered a change in Religion and we cannot tolerate that .We feel lonely in the presence of our partner and alive in the presence of another without any reason . We should examine ourself to know whether we are in the union out of fear or out of love. Are we scared of what people we say when I leave? Am I scared of loosing certain previledges? We cannot truely grow in an environment of fear
summary is use and dump marriage
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by virginprincess(f): 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by magkhan(f): 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
baralatie:

he is not bored but is no longer interested because of improved status

his decision is no different from a classic case where a road side mechanic is married to a fellow bread seller .10 years down the line the bread seller is now a chartered accountant and works at kpmg.
now she wants a divorce because the road side mechanic is no longer upgradeable

I get it totally. All I’m saying is that the couple are not in sync in the first place. If they were, they will grow together in their various fields of interest. Men marry waec holders and encourage/ sponsor them to become graduates. It boils down to the level of commitment in the relationship.

@ op If you are not bored with her and she’s interested in improving herself, you can correct the past mistake by talking to her(not in a condescending manner please), encouraging and sponsoring her in her chosen interest. Try to build up your relationship and if that fails you can walk away knowing you did your best.
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by Kobicove(m): 5:18am On Nov 06, 2020
Marriage should not be a do-or-die matter...if you're bored, move on!
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
Several years ago,I was squating with a relation before I could get my own apartment. During the buisness news, the husband lamented how the market capitalisation had dropped down and how the change in government had led to uncertainty among investors. He predicted a decline in the market share price in the next few years.  His wife nodes her head like she was following only to say moments later.

I like the style of her blouse.

I could see the dissapointment in the husbands face. He found it difficult to engage in social- economic discussion with the wife. Here he was discussing serious issues and she was interested in a piece of clothing material.  Both of them were from two different worlds.

Today,I heard they were involved in divorce litigation. He was accused of committing adultery. was not surprised. She was a fashion designer with many apprentice working for her. He was a financial analyst .

The relationship was dead from the beginning. It was only a matter of time before it could manifest.We must always be in relationship with like minded individuals as this motivates us in our day to day life. Our partner shapes our life and our thoughts. When we exchange ideas and values with those who have similar goals and inspirations it plays an important role
https://tobechispeaks./2020/11/16/relate-dont-marry/

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by baralatie(m): 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
tobechi74:
Several years ago,I was squating with a relation before I could get my own apartment. During the buisness news, the husband lamented how the market capitalisation had dropped down and how the change in government had led to uncertainty among investors. He predicted a decline in the market share price in the next few years.  His wife nodes her head like she was following only to say moments later.

I like the style of her blouse.

I could see the dissapointment in the husbands face. He found it difficult to engage in social- economic discussion with the wife. Here he was discussing serious issues and she was interested in a piece of clothing material.  Both of them were from two different worlds.

Today,I heard they were involved in divorce litigation. He was accused of committing adultery. was not surprised. She was a fashion designer with many apprentice working for her. He was a financial analyst .

The relationship was dead from the beginning. It was only a matter of time before it could manifest.We must always be in relationship with like minded individuals as this motivates us in our day to day life. Our partner shapes our life and our thoughts. When we exchange ideas and values with those who have similar goals and inspirations it plays an important role
https://tobechispeaks./2020/11/16/relate-dont-marry/

so the man in your example left his wife who was director of her shop to be sleeping with trainee girls who don't even have a shop and possibly don't have a degree.
and you are saying people should marry like-minded people to avoid divorce.the man in your examples that went sleeping around with girls below his wife's class were like-minded?
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by Womanizer(m): 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
Marriage no be by force!
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yeah, dump him like a mad man.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by tobechi74: 3:48am On Dec 20, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Yeah, dump him like a mad man.
Someone said that
Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 7:17am On Dec 20, 2020
People should be free to exit a marriage when they are tired grin

I can't be eating only one toto for the rest of my life

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Divorce Because You Have Outgrown Your Partner ?r by Gentle0wavez: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2020
Pls divorce on trivial matter as this is totally unacceptable, what do you take the covenant of marriage for?? Child's play The excuse no make sense at all. Just say you don't have enough self control to be faithful and that you aren't Loyal that using Priority to cover your true intentions

I BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD

(1) (Reply)

Can You Imagine? / Omo, Redpillers Wan Swallow Me Whole Ooo / Na Me Cos Or Na The Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.