Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) (93640 Views)

Anthrax Cannot Be Killed By Boiling Your Meat - Dr Obi Ogar Warns Nigerians / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown / The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by joyfullyjoyous(f): 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
That was how I would have died with a lady I went with to Carlcare at 5,Oba Ajra. Ikeja some years ago. Had gone there to repair my phone when I saw a man sitting by the lift. I asked if it was in good order. He told me it was n we entered. Was told the office was on a particular floor av forgotten say 2nd floor. The door closed n i pressed the no of the floor I was going. The lift didn't move. I tried several times and it still refused to move There was no AC ,it was hot. Tayo who entered a lift for the first time had started shaking. Was almost saying my last prayer when I decided to press the button for 3rd floor. Luckily it moved n we got to third floor n had to come down to second floor. When I told the staff what we experienced,they said it's faulty n it's used for carrying load only. I thank God for his fatherly protection. He is surely a good father as we could have died in that lift.

1 Like

Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by tillaman(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
They should close down that hotel, the management should be jailed and the engineers involved should be killed too

1 Like

Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by robinzaga(m): 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Ehya. It's your job to enforce how I must feel. If I'm not shedding tears then I must be a terrible person.
But if you weren't overcome by some gratuitous self-righteousness you would have comprehended that I said the girl is funny and not the incident, funny in this sense meaning strange.
Because whether or not you admit it, stepping into a dark empty opened space hoping that the elevator magically appears is quite strange.

SHUT UP
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by Kellyelly1: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
If we have a serious government, the hotel management won't escape long prison terms due to this negligence. But this is Nigeria, any thing can happen and they'll walk free.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by EMMY76: 7:55pm On Nov 05, 2020
[quote author=Tadeknkeepcalm post=95709142]

Ehya. It's your job to enforce how I must feel. If I'm not shedding tears then I must be a terrible person.
But if you weren't overcome by some gratuitous self-righteousness you would have comprehended that I said the girl is funny and not the incident, funny in this sense meaning strange.
Because whether or not you admit it, stepping into a dark empty opened space hoping that the elevator magically appears is quite strange.

The girl was obviously not observant enough why walk into a dark elevator?
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by Jesslove(f): 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
Most painful part is the fact that she already passed the elevator before going back there to meet her death.
May God grant her eternal rest.

3 Likes

Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by faceland: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
She just walked in...

I think even escalators, I would not climb in Nigeria.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by faceland: 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
Litmus:

What has Naija to do with this sad tragedy? Individuals fall to their deaths in similarly situations all over the world. And, actually, this type of accident is a Hollywood mainstay because it is so common.

You’d be on safer ground faulting Nigeria for your ignorance.

No one give a damn about safety. In a developed country, you must write exam or go through training on safety as an hotel staff. Fnally, bt Saturday, many more people would have died that no one would remember this unnamed lady.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by palsenator(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
[quote author=Tadeknkeepcalm post=95707700]The girl na one funny girl o.

But has she been confirmed dead
[/quote

You are.a clout chasing knowing an innocent live was lost due to the carelessness of your brothers
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 1:23am On Nov 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Was there any indication that the lift was faulty?

That place should have been barricaded to prevent an accident.
have you used a lift before?
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 1:24am On Nov 06, 2020
Litmus:

What has Naija to do with this sad tragedy? Individuals fall to their deaths in similarly situations all over the world. And, actually, this type of accident is a Hollywood mainstay because it is so common.

You’d be on safer ground faulting Nigeria for your ignorance.
Oga save your sermon jare.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by SuyaEater(m): 1:32am On Nov 06, 2020
Boarding an elevator in Naija is suicide.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by ABOVEDELAW: 3:29am On Nov 06, 2020
DON'T MIND THE IDIOT, ARE YOU EVEN SURE HE HAS A FAMILY?
thesicilian:

Will you still find it funny if it happens to your sister?

1 Like

Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by UrVillagePpl: 4:52am On Nov 06, 2020
Millimann:
I nearly had this kind of experience in Abuja some years back. My saving grace was that I noticed it on time and stepped back. I then drew the attention of the security and management.

How did you notice it. please share so we'll learn
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:09am On Nov 06, 2020
stanliwise:
have you used a lift before?

I have worked in a secretariat for about 4 years and used a lift everyday I go to work repeatedly.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 7:29am On Nov 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I have worked in a secretariat for about 4 years and used a lift everyday I go to work repeatedly.
you understand what is called policy. The video just showed a death trap. You were asking if there is any indication of fault. If the management says that then it is more problem for them.

No where in the world a normal lift will move without a door being close or barricaded automatically
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by stealth007: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2020
Whoever programmed this lift is being thoughtless of its safety features. There should have been safety interlocks between opening of the door and confirmed presence of the lift. The poor girl can't be blamed, may she RIP.

1 Like

Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03am On Nov 06, 2020
stanliwise:
you understand what is called policy. The video just showed a death trap. You were asking if there is any indication of fault. If the management says that then it is more problem for them.

No where in the world a normal lift will move without a door being close or barricaded automatically

I was talking about those commenting on the video, saying she just walked in. From what I see, there was nothing showing that the elevator was bad.

There should have been a warning tape/tapes indicating out of use on that floor. Or just barricade that place.

So I see no reason blaming the woman in any way.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by Millimann: 8:07am On Nov 06, 2020
UrVillagePpl:

How did you notice it. please share so we'll learn

The elevator door was already open by the time I got there just as is the case in this video we saw here. As I was stepping forward to get in, I just noticed the hollowness. There was a vacumm where I should place my feet. I just thank God that I was not pressing phone. grin grin

When we looked we saw the elevator was way down and I was at the tenth floor. It was just the grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 8:50am On Nov 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I was talking about those commenting on the video, saying she just walked in. From what I see, there was nothing showing that the elevator was bad.

There should have been a warning tape/tapes indicating out of use on that floor. Or just barricade that place.

So I see no reason blaming the woman in any way.
So door not being closed after elevator move up or down is not bad?

I bet you didn’t watch the video. Check the dictionary meaning of a faulty.

Have you seen anywhere where lift has no barricade?? You even mentioned warning taps Don’t make me laugh
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54am On Nov 06, 2020
stanliwise:

So door not being closed after elevator move up or down is not bad?

I bet you didn’t watch the video. Check the dictionary meaning of a faulty.

Have you seen anywhere where lift has no barricade?? You even mentioned warning taps Don’t make me laugh

You really don't get it.

The elevator has the cabin door and the floor door. The floor door was not good.

So hence that floor door was not there, there should have been a warning sign. She would never have gone close to it.

So I don't get what your saying because you are really not saying anything.

The floor door was not closed and no warning. The cabin was down and the door not there is a death trap. Now warning is a fatal setup.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

You really don't get it.

The elevator has the cabin door and the floor door. The floor door was not good.

So hence that floor door was not there, there should have been a warning sign. She would never have gone close to it.

So I don't get what your saying because you are really not saying anything.

The floor door was not closed and no warning. The cabin was down and the door not open is a death trap. Now warning is a fatal setup.

I am referring to the elevator as the complete system and when the door is faulty then we could as well say the elevator is faulty
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
stanliwise:

I am referring to the elevator as the complete system and when the door is faulty then we could as well say the elevator is faulty

The fact is that it is a death trap. As a death trap, so grave as that, there should be a sign to hint of the hazard.
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by SweetCunt97(f): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
DryMouth:

The goal is to live as long as you can sis.
I dnt care if u call me bush. It doesn't matter
hey, I was only teasing. grin
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by DryMouth: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
SweetCunt97:
hey, I was only teasing. grin
Aiit. No problem sis
Re: A Lady Killed By Asaba Hotel Lift - Caught On CCTV (Photos) by MattyG60: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2020
h

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jack Ma's Donation To Fight COVID-19 Arrives Nigeria / British Woman Punches Crocodile Until It Releases Her Twin Sister (Pix) / Bodybuilding Taken Too Far.(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.