Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings (33053 Views)

Yoruba Names Whose Meanings Are Now Lost / 13 Trending Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by clockwisereport: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
@owukpa, most of these are Nsukka words

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by drealzum(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2020
Funny believes. I like Idoma. They have pretty ladies. I will love to marry one.
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Olatara(f): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2020
owukpa:

Source: https://www.idomavoice.com/2020/10/popular-omens-superstitions-in-idoma-land-and-their-meanings.html
Baby and Mirror.
There is this baby in my house, she like ls mirror eh, anytime she comes to my room, the first thing is to look for my mirror.
Wrong side of cloth
Lol! Op
I wore the wrong side of my pa.....t this morning, I no see money
Mouse at daytime
Op come Somolu or Gbagada (soluyi) come see plenty big mouse for inside the drainage and waste, like say them they rear rat.

1 Like

Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by xamuell: 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
Virus99:
All I know is that the opposite of what I dreamt about is what usually happens angry

At the Nigerisn Army Short Service Selection Board in Kaduna that year, I dreamt and I saw my self in full military regalia... The next morning I totally messed my Interview. And I wasn't shortlisted in the final list.

Months later, I dreamt that I failed woefully and everyone was mocking me. Couple of weeks later, I found an Angel investor for my startup.

These things perplex me so much especially since I detest religion or the notion of an omnipotent God who watch on while evil happens in the world.
if it's the evil that God allows that is your problem, that can be easily explained
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by xamuell: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
Virus99:
All I know is that the opposite of what I dreamt about is what usually happens angry

At the Nigerisn Army Short Service Selection Board in Kaduna that year, I dreamt and I saw my self in full military regalia... The next morning I totally messed my Interview. And I wasn't shortlisted in the final list.

Months later, I dreamt that I failed woefully and everyone was mocking me. Couple of weeks later, I found an Angel investor for my startup.

These things perplex me so much especially since I detest religion or the notion of an omnipotent God who watch on while evil happens in the world.
if it's the evil that God allows that is your problem, that can be easily explained.
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by bamidele89: 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
My girlfriend is an idoma girl and am from Ondo town but she is very very respectful and humble
My family love her very well
And we are both doing fine
Looking forward to take her hand in marriage soon by God grace

Op please I would like to ask you some questions
How much money do you think they ask for if I want to Wed a girl from idoma
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Donspicey: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2020
Olatara:

Baby and Mirror.
There is this baby in my house, she like ls mirror eh, anytime she comes to my room, the first thing is to look for my mirror.
Wrong side of cloth
Lol! Op
I wore the wrong side of my pa.....t this morning, I no see money
Mouse at daytime
Op come Somolu or Gbagada (soluyi) come see plenty big mouse for inside the drainage and waste, like say them they rear rat.

No kind lie wey pesin no go hear xpecially frm childhood.....

Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by NobleAngell(f): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2020
drealzum:
Funny believes. I like Idoma. They have pretty ladies. I will love to marry one.
Hmmmmmm! You have no idea.
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by NobleAngell(f): 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
uncle005:
OP you forgot to mention the wife as cola for visitor, that is offeering your wife to visitor to knack till morning.
Can you explain to us why
That's not Idoma. It's Tiv culture.
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Donspicey: 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
bamidele89:
My girlfriend is an idoma girl and am from Ondo town but she is very very respectful and humble

Thanks

Show me d pix i want to check weda u and her are compactible.......
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Patosky4U: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
Full blooded idoma. I love my culture and still believe in most of it.

Agaba idu ki idoma grin grin
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by UnimkeAk(m): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2020
Everything die die
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Coneheadyutes(m): 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2020
ATEAMS:
How do you trust your feelings when they can just disappear like that?

Where do you get your quotes and pics from?

1 Like

Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Homeboiy: 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Idoma and Nsukka has same names as everything u wrote there

That’s the same superstition we have in Nsukka land

Idoma and Nsukka bears same names

1 Like

Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by B3sty(m): 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
bamidele89:

Thanks
That Differs, It depends on the Local Government the Girl comes from. If she's Front Otukpo, Okpokwu, APA, Ohimini...U don't have much Problem with the Money involved, BUT if she's Front OTUKPA in Ogbadibo LGA, My Brother, be ready to Spend...
I'm a Full Blooded Otukpa Guy.
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by bamidele89: 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
Donspicey:

Show me d pix i want to check weda u and her are compactible.......

Lol you funny ooo
Na u go talk maybe we are compatible ni
cheesy
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by bamidele89: 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2020
B3sty:

That Differs, It depends on the Local Government the Girl comes from. If she's Front Otukpo, Okpokwu, APA, Ohimini...U don't have much Problem with the Money involved, BUT if she's Front OTUKPA in Ogbadibo LGA, My Brother, be ready to Spend...
I'm a Full Blooded Otukpa Guy.

Okay bro thanks
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by restore8(m): 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2020
na just "die" "die" "die" I dey see

Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by ellizy(m): 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
Most are related to death
I fear ooo
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by futurerex: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

Jesu!!!!!

OMO... so nah true... grin... na to run oooooo!!!... no go area be that ooo.
Thesame culture with some Igala people that I know. If you toast a married Igala woman/lady or you buy her gift, she must tell her husband. Most especially if the husband is from Imane, Ogwugwu, Igah or any part of Olamaboro, Ankpa, Omala and Idah LGs.
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Exodora: 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2020
Not only in Idoma . From number one to 8 my people here thinks same about it .
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Ozosboo(f): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2020
Tyriq:

But why would you know about your wife's infidelity and stay married to her? Think about it.

But the men can cheat... and not ogun.

Na joke ooo will harm them.... well i guess it applies to non idoma women who marry idoma men... like i said before nah to run 440 from idoma men ooo... kai... this is partial it ought to be both ways... women sha don see something!!
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by osazsky(m): 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
How did this crap make front page would have prefer a monitor lizard or snake post to this lubbish it is my blother
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
NobleAngell:
That's not Idoma. It's Tiv culture.
Ehehn see am una don start to the separate am.
Benue is what we know o.
Any tiv person here lets put this matter to rest.
My colleague sesugh confirm to me now that is Idoma culture.
So whom do we belief?
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

Na joke ooo will harm them.... well i guess it applies to non idoma women who marry idoma men... like i said before nah to run 440 from idoma men ooo... kai... this is partial it ought to be both ways... women sha don see something!!
Why do you find it hard to understand.
The gods deal with men whose wife cheat and refuse to report.
Why do you want to run is what i don't understand, do you plan to cheat on your husband?
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2020
uncle005:
Why do you find it hard to understand.
The gods deal with men whose wife cheat and refuse to report.
Why do you want to run is what i don't understand, do you plan to cheat on your husband?

NO.. Dear...from this idoma guys is a No No

Anger issue and this... na really 440 ooo

What i am trying to say.. is that idoma guys is no go area.... that is the meaning of 440..
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by Tyriq: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

That's the black man's culture. A wife is only entitled to a husband. A husband is entitled to as many wife he can feed.
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by WaterWalker5(m): 2:10am On Nov 06, 2020
tobechi74:
Sad that some people believe them till today.

Society has fed lot of crap to our brain.

Animals live their true identity

Not chained by the expectation of society

Eat when hungry

Mate when Hot

Without feeling ashamed

No clergy to place blame

A New born child is a sinner

So says a book that praises murderers

The gods created us nude

Yet unclothedness is a taboo it makes no sense

But we do not want to look different

So we put on a covering

And betray our true feeling.

We hide our true self

And show our false self

We tell children not to cheat

We are no different from hypocrite

Stop the pretence

Break the fence

Speak your unpopular opinion

Though it may conflict with established institution

Be yourself in the face of death

Your killers will oneday loose their breath

It is better to say your mind

Than to live a lie

How will someone else accept you

When you cannot love you

https://tobechispeaks./2020/11/05/fed-with-guilt/
Beautiful piece
Love this
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by jaxxy(m): 2:39am On Nov 06, 2020
There is nothing Greater than Gods word!

Period!!!
Re: Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings by JaneYave(f): 5:28am On Nov 06, 2020
I saw the word 'die' many times but thank God for God.I love that wearing cloth the wrong way and itching of palms,l always believe l will get money and it works.Tivs and Idomas have similar believes in a way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caption The Throwback Picture Of Ooni Of Ife 'adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi' / Peremobowei Shedrack Erebulu Visits Oboro Gbaraun In Delta State. Photos / Sokoto Woman Speaks Fluent Igbo Language After 25 Years In Enugu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.