Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) (23929 Views)

Food Concepts PLC (owners Of Chicken Republic) / Food Concepts Plc (owners Of Chicken Republic) Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Food Concepts Plc (Chicken Republic) Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by ajaymina(m): 12:28am On Nov 07, 2020
Djdeebrain:
If i felt hv been used by any organization what I simple do is burn down there building in my own way.

Take one crate of mortuary standard cold Heineken and cow tail pepper soup for my head.

U na real G!
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by zanshi: 12:31am On Nov 07, 2020
Capitalism is breeding inequality, and this is worse with corporate greed where Directors of coys rake in millions and people who do the most work to generate output are paid a rather piss poor amount that isn't in sync with inflation.

This is disheartening!

4 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by sweetrace(f): 12:31am On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:
I have been running a covert investigation on this organisation since i touched down Nigeria.

I have interviewed with many of its workers in different states and outlets.

It's no news that this organisation exploits our flooded market with Graduates and dysfunctional labour policies.

No Job security as staffs are fired anyhow and thus, explains why they recruit everyday.

Do not fall for their antics. They use and dump.

No Adequate staff warefare - People are being paid 27-28k Every month to work 6days in a week, in a non conducive environment, No public Holidays? why are we just being wicked as a nation?

Food Concepts Plc rakes in billions for investors every year yet their staffs are least paid.

It may interest you that Behind those fake " Nice - Nice gestures " are very unhappy workers willing to leave. If you doubt, walk into any of their outlets and ask anyone willing to talk if they're happy working there.

We will be updating this thread as we uncover more informations

Stop hiding Behind a nameless and faceless site to try and pull others down!!! Are you an employer of labor in Nigeria? If you are, you’ll understand that any graduate who accepts that kind of job is just passing time until their dream job comes. They have a lackadaisical attitude and let you know they are only doing this out of necessity. The graduates are actually better than those who stopped at secondary school for one reason or the other. Those ones act like you have to give them a tip bigger than their attitude. I hate to hear the question “anything for the boys?’ A security man does the job he is paid for, and asks the question. A lady serves you while having a conversation with another person. The conversation is too interesting to take a pause and do her job, but still expects a tip. If you’re a guy, she focuses on you with her widest beam, hoping you’ll give her your card. The guys that work in these places are sometimes gigolos. They don’t do anything to improve themselves, but complain about their employers, the customers that are not giving them large enough tips, the men that are stingy.... I agree it is not all of them that are so unfocused. Once in a while, I come across a decent hardworking person and I usually compliment them on this especially in front of their employers. So, stop trying to badmouth this establishment. You sound like a disgruntled former employee of theirs.

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by sweetrace(f): 12:33am On Nov 07, 2020
Djdeebrain:
If i felt hv been used by any organization what I simple do is burn down there building in my own way.

Sociopath on the loose. Understand that one day, you may be fortunate to have your own establishment. A disgruntled employee will be sure to pay you back in a your own coin.

3 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by sweetrace(f): 12:39am On Nov 07, 2020
zanshi:

Capitalism is breeding inequality, and this is worse with corporate greed where Directors of coys rake in millions and people who do the most work to generate output are paid a rather piss poor amount that isn't in sync with inflation.

This is disheartening!

Maybe you should think about it differently. If the business should collapse, you loose nothing. Your employer bears all the risks. So, it is common sense that when there is a profit, they’ll rake it in.

2 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by zanshi: 12:48am On Nov 07, 2020
sweetrace:

Maybe you should think about it differently. If the business should collapse, you loose nothing. Your employer bears all the risks. So, it is common sense that when there is a profit, they’ll rake it in.

Let me ask you a question can you work in the said firm for #28k

Yes or No?

Do you know how things have trippled and in prices and for someone who earns the same over a long period of time is worrying.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 1:06am On Nov 07, 2020
sweetrace:

Stop hiding Behind a nameless and faceless site to try and pull others down!!! Are you an employer of labor in Nigeria? If you are, you’ll understand that any graduate who accepts that kind of job is just passing time until their dream job comes. They have a lackadaisical attitude and let you know they are only doing this out of necessity. The graduates are actually better than those who stopped at secondary school for one reason or the other. Those ones act like you have to give them a tip bigger than their attitude. I hate to hear the question “anything for the boys?’ A security man does the job he is paid for, and asks the question. A lady serves you while having a conversation with another person. The conversation is too interesting to take a pause and do her job, but still expects a tip. If you’re a guy, she focuses on you with her widest beam, hoping you’ll give her your card. The guys that work in these places are sometimes gigolos. They don’t do anything to improve themselves, but complain about their employers, the customers that are not giving them large enough tips, the men that are stingy.... I agree it is not all of them that are so unfocused. Once in a while, I come across a decent hardworking person and I usually compliment them on this especially in front of their employers. So, stop trying to badmouth this establishment. You sound like a disgruntled former employee of theirs.

28k in our present day can barely feed a 5year old girl for a month.

What kind of life do you even wish for your employees?

Like i said earlier, i just hope your tax remittances are intact and your organisation is in conformity with the new minimum wage when we show up.

I just hope.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Matthew5781: 1:08am On Nov 07, 2020
I decide to hold a free class on how you can effectively invest your money in crypto and gain financial freedom without having to work 8-12 hours daily. Contact me on whatsApp 09064829096 to add you up in the class don’t miss out
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Dayoebe(m): 1:49am On Nov 07, 2020
I currently earn less than 28k sef in my place of work. And I work 7days a week.

Wetin man go do?

After all said and done...
Every issue will be swept under the carpet once legislooter and CEOs rub hands together

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by sweetrace(f): 1:59am On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

Like i said earlier, i just hope your tax remittances are intact and your organisation is in conformity with the new minimum wage when we show up.

I just hope.

Stop talking through the wrong end of your body. Is there anywhere I wrote that I own the organization? You should tanking God that I don’t. Irrelevant people seeking relevance. I would have sued you for your threats. Someone earning N28k is better than earning 0. They should learn Relevant skills so they’ll command more money.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by sweetrace(f): 2:07am On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

I just hope.

I just Saw what you wrote about tax remittance! Are you not a little busybody! Who do you think you’re talking to? Do you work for the tax office? Have you paid your taxes? Please put a copy of your tax card here so we can check! Stop trying so hard to seek relevance by trying to pull others down. Even the employees of these organizations won’t thank you. When you interfere so much and get them fired, you’ll tuck your tail in between your legs and move to look for other lives to destroy while they suffer. Go and register a legitimate business and do something useful with your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by sweetrace(f): 2:11am On Nov 07, 2020
zanshi:

Let me ask you a question can you work in the said firm for #28k

Yes or No?

Do you know how things have trippled and in prices and for someone who earns the same over a long period of time is worrying.

If the pay is unacceptable, they can choose to leave the job or they can choose to remain there while theY improve their skills, qualifications .... Remember, The change in price of commodities affects the employer too.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by emilyone(f): 2:29am On Nov 07, 2020
In this present day Nigeria lots of employers exploit their employees from lack of welfare package, poor renumeration and so on, the government should be blamed for not providing enough jobs for the masses and also not regulating the labour market

2 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Wawelexy(m): 2:36am On Nov 07, 2020
MikeMicheal:
I don't think anyone is forced to continue working with the company. If the pay is below a person's standard, he/she is free to quit.
It becomes slavery when the freewill to quit or stay is taken.
Note: Before agreeing to the employment, workers are detailed on payment and their job description.
So, why complain about something you agreed to do?
Why complain about a job you are free to quit whenever you wish?

You don't just take a job offer with the intention that you will manipulate and blackmail the company into paying more than the agreed amount.

Once again, if the pay doesn't fit your big status, quit.
You are not forced to stay.

U must be heartless for making such statement...
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by namiji2598: 3:03am On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:
Can i have a list of them?
Those paying below the minimum wage because I'll be having a meeting with some lawyers and NLC officials here in Abuja.

An anonymous whistle blowing platform will be lunched too.
Michael lamayi academy (trustee academy) kaltungo gombe state

Some private schools are doing graduate shege
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by juniorstar(m): 3:11am On Nov 07, 2020
no wonder those staff try to cut cost
they use toilet roll for serviette paper, no tooth pick until you shout, no wash hand basin.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Karleb(m): 3:15am On Nov 07, 2020
sweetrace:

What are you saying sef?

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Damfostopper(m): 3:47am On Nov 07, 2020
hmmmmm and to think of it....I wanted to resign from my bank work and join their management graduate trainee ......I didn't go for the interview
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by samsard(m): 4:01am On Nov 07, 2020
zanshi:

This is disheartening!
Those who bear the risks earn the most and that's those with the capital or responsibility of management.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by ednut1(m): 6:17am On Nov 07, 2020
When there is excess number of unemployed graduates this kind of thing will happen. Its called capitalism. Mr op no one was forced to work there. How much does shoprite pay staff. Even abroad how much does amazon and Walmart pay staff Despite being owned by some of the richest men in the world.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nnekaike(f): 6:37am On Nov 07, 2020
sweetrace:

If the pay is unacceptable, they can choose to leave the job or they can choose to remain there while theY improve their skills, qualifications .... Remember, The change in price of commodities affects the employer too.
please stop this,have you worked for 6 years with no increment in salary before?
Remuneration are supposed to be reviewed and increased in accordance with the present economy.

Is the price and quantity of their meal same with 5 years ago or even last year,the answer is NO so they are still making serious profit.

stop commending injustice and poor treatment of people.
Can 28k care for your NEEDS for 1month?,will you happy to earn that over a long period of time?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nengibo: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2020
Elsueno:

Bros, I know you are trying to be loyal to ur employer, but these kind of companies aren't worth it. Because they might even turn on their most loyal employee majority of D time. Stop giving them excuses, How many staff them get that will exhaust "FOOD" to D extent of running down the company. If you don't intend to assist those being maltreated, you shouldn't discourage others who want to
For me there is no need to feed staff from the food sef, just pay them well, I'm sure they will more than break even with 50k net if they make 1.5m daily

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 07, 2020
nnekaike:
please stop this,have you worked for 6 years with no increment in salary before?
Remuneration are supposed to be reviewed and increased in accordance with the present economy.

Is the price and quantity of their meal same with 5 years ago or even last year,the answer is NO so they are still making serious profit.

Can 28k care for your NEEDS for 1month?,will you happy to earn that over a long period of time?
must you work there Why stay for long too.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nengibo: 6:46am On Nov 07, 2020
It happens in every industry, just that the corrupt nlc members are only paying lip service to it, how can you reduce wage as a means to increase profit, just because the market is saturated with unemployed youths
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nengibo: 6:47am On Nov 07, 2020
Kekereekun123:
must you work there Why stay for long too.
You know there are scarce opportunities in Nigeria na manage my people dey do, because if you leave d job hundred ppl are willing to do it

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by sweetrace(f): 6:50am On Nov 07, 2020
nnekaike:

The price of their food is different because the cost of preparing it is different. Don’t go and pick a fight you’ll not only loose, you’ll impoverish people even more.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by obyrich(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2020
sweetrace:

You made no sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by dazzlingd(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2020
MikeMicheal:
I don't think anyone is forced to continue working with the company. If the pay is below a person's standard, he/she is free to quit.
It becomes slavery when the freewill to quit or stay is taken.
Note: Before agreeing to the employment, workers are detailed on payment and their job description.
So, why complain about something you agreed to do?
Why complain about a job you are free to quit whenever you wish?

You don't just take a job offer with the intention that you will manipulate and blackmail the company into paying more than the agreed amount.

Once again, if the pay doesn't fit your big status, quit.
You are not forced to stay.

I feel irritated reading this kind of comment.
You are part of the disease eating humanity.
Where people at the top treat those below them like shiits.
The poor economy in the country has led to cheap labour more like slavery, harsh working conditions and inhuman employers who feel that employees have no choice than to bear

6 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by seanwilliam(m): 7:22am On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

Drop the name of the school.
start from fuel station
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by seanwilliam(m): 7:28am On Nov 07, 2020
Ge0grapher:

Bro do ur research well and u will be amazed, in addition most fuel station assistants are usually paid below the minimum wage in Nigeria
I will like the op to look into this.. infact this is a perfect case for him..

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by snowball11(m): 7:34am On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

You definitely work with them...

Do not worry, we have pictures of what you call the free foods.

Even animals are not fed that.

Your staff aren't allowed to eat the restaurant's meal.
You rather contract to roadside food vendors who in return underportion or cook meals not suitable for even dogs

Prove me wrong!

We have our evidences as some of your staff have been helpful with informations.

This is quite shocking! angry
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by marisdgreat(f): 7:55am On Nov 07, 2020
Well I need a job here in enugu, if anyone can help me out while waiting for my service, I am yet to collect my hnd result but I can use my nd result for the job, I would be glad if anyone can help me out, though I have passion to advance myself in ICT. Let me work and save money to buy a fairly used laptop for the online ICT training.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Stanbic IBTC 2016 Assessment Begins / My Advice To Job Seekers Based On Experience. / 5 Ways The COVID-19 Pandemic Will Affect Your Job Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.