Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

How Do I Cope With Anxiety - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With Anxiety (2650 Views)

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
Uncledare4:
how about you lifting weight, eat lots of protein, be and feel better

I would try that. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
frozen70:
Do lots of exercise
Read more about anxiety management Read more about men's health
Learn to take things calmly so far threat to life is not involve
Learn to take charge of your happiness
Avoid people who triggers you
Learn to avoid engaging yourself into arguments
Leant to give yourself peace of mind
You are responsible for all that I have mentioned
Thanks dear
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2020
Shortyy:
Hmm. It takes the Grace of God to overcome anxiety.

Learn to take things easy no matter the situation.

Teach yourself to be calm and collected every time.

I used to be to anxious myself, but I'm learning to control it.

OK shortyy, thanks. I hope you are not short? Lol.. You pretty
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
fredwill1357:
Stop masturbating if you do, exercise your body everyday, do things that scare you and expose yourself more.

I don't masturbate. Thanks for the great advise
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mariahAngel(f): 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Who doesn't?

Honestly, naturally, we all tend to worry too much about everything and anything, including things we have no power over, and that is the root cause of anxiety.
What you have to do is to train your mind on how not to think or worry too much, especially over what you cannot change, by using deflective mechanism .
You said you meditate, what do you meditate on?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
mariahAngel:

Honestly, naturally, we all tend to worry too much about everything and anything, including things we have no power over, and that is the root cause of anxiety.
What you have to do is to train your mind on how not to think or worry too much, especially over what you cannot change, by using deflective mechanism .
You said you meditate, what do you meditate on?

Nothing exactly. I just close my eyes, take deep and shallow breaths for 10 minutes. Please what is deflective mechanism? Can you please throw more light?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by pozehnani(f): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

I live in Edo State. You sound like a medical practitioner. I would get it hopefully this week. Thanks

You're welcome.

I'm a skincare therapist.grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2020
pozehnani:

You're welcome.

I'm a skincare therapist.grin
That's good. Can I get your contact details? I for say account details but area never gel..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mariahAngel(f): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Nothing exactly. I just close my eyes, take deep and shallow breaths for 10 minutes. Please what is deflective mechanism? Can you please throw more light?

Meditation does not work unless you're meditating on something tangible

Deflective mechanism, as described by Psych Central , is simply the channeling of unacceptable impulses, thoughts and emotions into more acceptable ones. For instance, when a person has sexual impulses they would like not to act upon, they may instead focus on rigorous exercise. Refocusing such unacceptable or harmful impulses into productive use helps a person channel energy that otherwise would be lost or used in a manner that might cause the person more anxiety.

Are you a Christian?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2020
mariahAngel:

Meditation does not work unless you're meditating on something tangible

Deflective mechanism, as described by Psych Central , is simply the channeling of unacceptable impulses, thoughts and emotions into more acceptable ones. For instance, when a person has sexual impulses they would like not to act upon, they may instead focus on rigorous exercise. Refocusing such unacceptable or harmful impulses into productive use helps a person channel energy that otherwise would be lost or used in a manner that might cause the person more anxiety.

Are you a Christian?

Yes
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by prince2pac(m): 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Meditation.. I do that a lot. It ain't working. I did you use a couple of depression drugs, it became even worse. I totally lost control of myself
ah bro please stop them biko... look even till now that my friend is still suffering from memory loss, even when you tell her something after sometime minutes or hours she will forget everything... please run from any depression drug... there side effects are terrible....

you have to channel your energy with something before meditation work for you...

I don't know if you do weed, like something that my friend was put on medicinal weed ( she lives in the UK) for her head..
Just look for pure weed, not those mixed with anything.. if you stay alone you can use it as tea, then meditate...
it's good for your body
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mariahAngel(f): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Yes

Ok. Let me give you a spiritual and mental exercise to try:

Read the whole chapter of Matthew 6 every single day, focus especially from verse 25-34 again and again... until it ministers to your soul and spirit

Any time you find yourself worrying too much and feeling anxious, meditate on these words of Jesus Christ "Take not thoughts!
Let His word be your deflective mechanism , then eventually, the solution to your problem.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
prince2pac:
ah bro please stop them biko... look even till now that my friend is still suffering from memory loss, even when you tell her something after sometime minutes or hours she will forget everything... please run from any depression drug... there side effects are terrible....

you have to channel your energy with something before meditation work for you...

I don't know if you do weed, like something that my friend was put on medicinal weed ( she lives in the UK) for her head..
Just look for pure weed, not those mixed with anything.. if you stay alone you can use it as tea, then meditate...
it's good for your body

Someone told me about weed. It had terrible effects on me.. Was always smiling every time like a mad man. Lost total control of myself . I had to quickly stop it.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by pozehnani(f): 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

That's good. Can I get your contact details? I for say account details but area never gel..

Ok. No p.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
mariahAngel:

Ok. Let me give you a spiritual and mental exercise to try:

Read the whole chapter of Matthew 6 every single day, focus especially from verse 25-34 again and again... until it ministers to your soul and spirit

Any time you find yourself worrying too much and feeling anxious, meditate on these words of Jesus Christ "Take not thoughts!
Let His word be your deflective mechanism , then eventually, the solution to your problem.

Mehn... This is a spiritual journey
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
@Mariahangel. You r really an angel. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mariahAngel(f): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Mehn... This is a spiritual journey

You want solution to your problem, don't you?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mariahAngel(f): 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:
@Mariahangel. You r really an angel. Thanks a lot.

You're welcome. smiley

Trust God, His word works.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
mariahAngel:

You're welcome. smiley
Trust God, His word works.
Nairaland fellowship coordinator.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by Shortyy(f): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

OK shortyy, thanks. I hope you are not short? Lol.. You pretty

I am short.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mariahAngel(f): 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Nairaland fellowship coordinator.

cheesy
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by prince2pac(m): 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

Someone told me about weed. It had terrible effects on me.. Was always smiling every time like a mad man. Lost total control of myself . I had to quickly stop it.
that's why I talked about getting natural weed and not mixed synthetic.. and also know what your head can carry.

No do pass yourself
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2020
prince2pac:
that's why I talked about getting natural weed and not mixed synthetic.. and also know what your head can carry.

No do pass yourself

Lol.. My head nor fit carry am. Any weed plug
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2020
@Mariahangel .. You go like cruise. I would love to be a friend. How do I contact you?
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
pozehnani:

Ok. No p.
How do I get to contact you? I went out to get the oil you suggested didn't see..
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by pozehnani(f): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:

How do I get to contact you?
I went out to get the oil you suggested didn't see..

Ow.. sorry about that. It's not something you can get from your local BSS. You have to check a big drug store or pharmacy like health plus or any organic shop in your area.
PM me for my contact.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by OBhdae: 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
pozehnani:

Ow.. sorry about that. It's not something you can get from your local BSS. You have to check a big drug store or pharmacy like health plus or any organic shop in your area.
PM me for my contact.

OK I will do that. I sent you a message.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by mariahAngel(f): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
OBhdae:
@Mariahangel .. You go like cruise. I would love to be a friend. How do I contact you?

I already consider you a friend, but I'm sorry, I don't accept mails from Nairaland.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by Osedagal(f): 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2020
@Mariahangel . Ok. That's cool.
Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by prince2pac(m): 12:48am On Nov 09, 2020
OBhdae:

We miles apart

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by prince2pac(m): 12:48am On Nov 09, 2020
OBhdae:

We miles apart

You can also check for the oil, but it's hard to find here in Nigeria.. but it's very good too

Re: How Do I Cope With Anxiety by damble: 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2022
fredwill1357:
Stop masturbating if you do, exercise your body everyday, do things that scare you and expose yourself more.

What type of exercise can stop anxiety please?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

40-year-old Mother Who Sleeps With Her Son Is Now Pregnant For Him / Wife Vs Mother-in-law: Messi’s Mother Battles His New Wife Antonella. / Please Recommend A Washing Machine For Home Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.