Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ (47270 Views)

US Capitol: Police Arrest Man Who Sat On House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi's Desk / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / American Protests: Nancy Pelosi Calls Trump "Fanner Of The Flame" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
CrazyOptimist:
Trump can not blame anybody but himself.
He would have won this election by a mile.

Black Lives Matter --- yes I agree
Corona virus is real --- yes I agree, and follow the Scientists guidelines.
Condemn White supremacist ---- yes (Instead he said, " Proud boys, stand back but stand by).

Just simple humility. Instead, he dey show muscle say him na strongman.

He is going down as a one term, impeached President.
A lot of top Whitehouse officials are backing away from him small small. Make e no come pour sand sand for their garri.

What a shit load of nonsense. Jesus Christ, is it CNN you've been watching?

1) Trump created the lowest black unemployment in the history of the United States. He has done more for the black community than even Obama who was even a black president.

Source - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52907646

What more do black people want? He doesn't want to associate with BLM because it is a democrat run Marxist organisation who are burning things down and destroying black communities.

2) When did Trump say Covid-19 wasn't real?

3) Trump has condemned white supremacists more than 10 time since 2016. What more do you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNuMr9rqd0g

Proud boys is not a White supremacist organisation. They're are there in most cases to protect innocent citizens from violent Antifa and BLM mob.

So where did you come up with all these? You obviously don't follow US politics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Bulleye(m): 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Activist001:

And Biden will enable Antifa and BLM whish have shown their true colours? Biden called Anitfa who are beating up people and burning down cities an "idea" while Trump has repeatedly condemned white supremacist groups.

Which white supremacist group does Trump support? You have been feeding off lies from CNN. SMH.
The democrats, as represented by Biden, are of the belief that the black lives matter movement is as a result of institutional racism that needs dismantling. Once the inbuilt racism is eliminated or reduced to the barest minimum, the blacks will have a sense of belonging and drop their agitations. However, Trump, in his usual narcissistic form is denying that institutional racism exists. And he is therefore escalating the race crisis in America.
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by eyiolarhomisore: 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
vowiski:

Lol, do you really know what the Electoral College is? cheesy

Please can you explain to me?
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by AdisaJr(m): 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
U nearly gat me checking my dictionary ���
cricifixo:
Trump needs to orubeberize the collation centre
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by CrazyOptimist: 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
ottiz:

Though I wish it could be true, I doubt it will be so, not with more than 69 million votes received from electorates. I believe he will be a very powerful ex-president. The Republicans will have to thread carefully with him so as not to alienate their base in the rural areas.

On the contrary, Republicans are regretting having him represent them. Democrats won in several Republican states in which they have never won in decades. It will take several years for the republicans to correct the damages Trump has done to the party.
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by yenereal(m): 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
MT:

oblivion or jail ?

grin grin
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Buliwyf: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
blowjohn:

Who says Obama did well as president?

The people that voted him for a second term by wide margins too.
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by rontolo(m): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
The kine hatred grump carry for this woman ehn! With the extreme distress he is under now, the anger e go take watch this woman on tv now ehn?

Nancy if Mr frump catch you for corner ehn?
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by ambale(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2020
thesicilian:
Pelosi has never hidden the fact that she hates Trump. So she's obviously happy to be rubbing salt on his injuries.

But the funny thing is, I see "Nigeria 2015" all over the current US political landscape, a situation where the leader they are all running towards now turns out to become their worst nightmare.
You got this all wrong, I'm not a fan of the US or the candidates, but next time don't put Nigeria and USA in the same sentence, the US has a working structure that all officials must follow. Their police will not turn bad overnight, human rights will not be abused and there is no rubber stamp Senate over there.

3 Likes

Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by PresidentJosh20(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Pel-Oshi.....Koshilo!
Chai!This your jab is very deadly ;Dooo[color=#006600][/color].Agba,e ma calming down segbo? grin
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by linearity: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2020
RaptObserver:
Pepper them! The only reason Trump won in 2016 was because he contested against a woman and there re some traditional American leaders who can't stand the sight of seeing a woman control their country. Such people are in the electoral colleges who voted against Hillary. Now they are kicking him out because he has embarrassed American politics badly and his utterances demystified the White House as a global power complex. See how China and Russia gained more grounds under him. He weakened the traditional partners of America. What a disaster!

Agreed with the first portion of your post about people not wanting Hillary or a woman to be the President - though not yet.

But, the other portion about Electoral College is not true.....Going into the Electoral College vote, Hillary have only 232 electoral votes after all real votes have been counted and certified by each state, less than the 270 needed to be elected.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Bulleye(m): 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
stayclearofme:

I don't know why you people keep comparing Nigeria to US..it is very silly. A country where the two arms of Government will always keep the President at his toes, not Nigerian where your senators and house of assembly member have being bought by the FG, what a silly comparison.
It is worse than silly comparison. Not even the pre-colonial African monarchs enjoyed the unbridled authoritarian power the present executive president and governors are exercising. Our government is an aberration and a disgrace to mankind. Checks and balances have been bought over. Our politics is poverty-driven. Most Nigerians are in politics for the money and not to serve their constituents.
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by CrazyOptimist: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
Activist001:

What a shit load of nonsense. Jesus Christ, is it CNN you've been watching?

1) Trump created the lowest black unemployment in the history of the United States. He has done more for the black president than even Obama who was a black president.

What more do black people want? He doesn't want to associate with BLM because it is a democrat run Marxist organisation.

2) When did Trump say Covid-19 wasn't real?

3) Trump has condemned white supremacists more than 10 time since 2016. What more do you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNuMr9rqd0g

Proud boys is not a White supremacist organisation. They're are there in most cases to protect innocent citizens from violent Antifa and BLM mob.

So where did you come up with all these? You obviously don't follow US politics.

I don't follow US politics. lol
My favourite channel is FOXNEWS
I listen to and watch Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmade, Rush Lauhbaugh, Tucker Calson, Laura Ingram etc

My car stereo is permanently stationed at MNC a foxnews channel

This is Trump telling woodward on phone that he is downplaying it. LIVE and Direct audio recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwCuWczyuDQ
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by MediMedi(m): 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2020
When you become friend with a loser/b u h a r i/ you also will loss. Trumph....next time learn a lesson
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

I don't follow US politics. lol
My favourite channel is FOXNEWS
I listen to and watch Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmade, Rush Lauhbaugh, Tucker Calson, Laura Ingram etc

My car stereo is permanently stationed at MNC a foxnews channel

This is Trump telling woodward on phone that he is downplaying it. LIVE and Direct audio recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwCuWczyuDQ

So English dey hard you like this? Is downplaying the same as denying?

He did that to give people hope at a time when everyone was panicking, that's what a leader should do. Assure people everything is alright while fighting in the background.

Trump closed the borders (he was called a racist for this), pushed for ventilators and sent the necessary federal aid to the states which needed help the most. There is nothing more a US president could do.

So how will someone denying the virus do all these?
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by DexterousOne(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
RaptObserver:
Pepper them! The only reason Trump won in 2016 was because he contested against a woman and there re some traditional American leaders who can't stand the sight of seeing a woman control their country. Such people are in the electoral colleges who voted against Hillary. Now they are kicking him out because he has embarrassed American politics badly and his utterances demystified the White House as a global power complex. See how China and Russia gained more grounds under him. He weakened the traditional partners of America. What a disaster!

Hilary did not lose because she was a woman

She lost because she was Hilary

Not to talk about the fact that she did not campaign in the mid west/rust belt

And the Bernie Sanders hangover

And too many third party voting
And electoral college too

(Imagine 80k votes in three states giving trump the presidency, despite losing overall by about 3m votes undecided)

A western country that voted a black man twice will vote a white woman with no issues

As long as that woman is not Hilary Clinton

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by kelvindj98: 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
Activist001:

And Biden will enable Antifa and BLM which have shown their true colours? Biden called Anitfa who are beating up people and burning down cities an "idea" while Trump has repeatedly condemned white supremacist groups.

Which white supremacist group does Trump support? You have been feeding off lies from CNN. SMH.
All these illiterates that just manage to see cable news are now forming analyst. Incase you don't know BLM protests and left wing groups were also rampant during Obama's presidency.
Or you think it's under Trump US race issues started. Better go back to analysing APC and PDP.
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by lastchild: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
trump will no longer enter the white house because it's for Biden
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
kelvindj98:

All these illiterates that just manage to see cable news are now forming analyst. Incase you don't know BLM protests and left wing groups were also rampant during Obama's presidency.
Or you think it's under Trump US race issues started. Better go back to analysing APC and PDP.
Ok, they were rampant and also rampant in Trump's tenure. So why is he blamed for it?
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Lovelies1: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Perhaps the Chinese.

No it ended at a fourth kingdom
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by sazdon: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
wahala for nigerians wey carry US election for head
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by MrSensor(m): 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2020
Jesse25:
Polosi is my sugar Mummy cheesy
Polosi is your sugar mummy.
Pelosi an American politician.
Hope you can see the difference
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by CrazyOptimist: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
Activist001:

So English dey hard you like this? Is downplaying the same as denying?

He did that to give people hope at a time when everyone was panicking, that's what a leader should do. Assure people everything is alright while fighting in the background.

Trump closed the borders (he was called a racist for this), pushed for ventilators and sent the necessary federal aid to the states which needed help the most. There is nothing more a US president could do.

So how will someone denying the virus do all these?

lol
I'm enjoying this conversation.
I had covid, and was rushed to emergency. I almost died. I saw people dying with my two korokoro eyes.
But on television, you'll see the President organizing rallies without hundreds of people without masks.
He repeatedly said the virus was not worse than the flu. And when I remember my experience when i had the virus, the emotional trauma, even my wife and kids got the virus , thank God they were assymptomatic unlike me. The kids cant go to school, I and my wife couldn't go to work . They didn't even give me any drug at the hospital They said go home, take tynelol and gatorade and manage the symptoms. And this stupid Trump will come on air and lie lie lie about how he overcame in 3 days.
His actions made millions of people not wear masks, and that contributed heavily to the infections.
There should be a national mask mandate. He didn't even follow the guidelines of his own CDC.
Follow the lead of the scientist.
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
80 year old woman
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by madrid5: 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Pelosi always reminds me of Claire Underwood. grin
I love that series,one of American's best
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by CrazyOptimist: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
Front of the Whitehouse.
Donna baba, pack your load. Off to prison

Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by LordReed(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
thesicilian:
Pelosi has never hidden the fact that she hates Trump. So she's obviously happy to be rubbing salt on his injuries.

But the funny thing is, I see "Nigeria 2015" all over the current US political landscape, a situation where the leader they are all running towards now turns out to become their worst nightmare.

A leader worse than Trump? That will be quite a feat,

1 Like

Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by EMMY76: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
This old witch I really hate this woman.
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Kay25(m): 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
thesicilian:

unmmm
Re: Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

lol
I'm enjoying this conversation.
I had covid, and was rushed to emergency. I almost died. I saw people dying with my two korokoro eyes.
But on television, you'll see the President organizing rallies without hundreds of people without masks.
He repeatedly said the virus was not worse than the flu. And when I remember my experience when i had the virus, the emotional trauma, even my wife and kids got the virus , thank God they were assymptomatic unlike me. The kids cant go to school, I and my wife couldn't go to work . They didn't even give me any drug at the hospital They said go home, take tynelol and gatorade and manage the symptoms. And this stupid Trump will come on air and lie lie lie about how he overcame in 3 days.
His actions made millions of people not wear masks, and that contributed heavily to the infections.
There should be a national mask mandate. He didn't even follow the guidelines of his own CDC.
Follow the lead of the scientist.

Omo, I don't have even power to argue with you. You're free to believe anything you want about him. Trump is not without flaws, he bleeps up at times, but he has done a great job for the United States if you ask me.

Where did Trump say he overcame COVID-19 in 3 days?

Masks won't stop you from getting the virus and shouldn't be mandatory. They only work by helping you not to spread it if you already have the disease. A mask won't prevent you from catching it even the CDC has acknowledged this.

Almost all Trump's rallies had made masks mandatory so what are you saying? Go back and take a look at photos from his rallies.

Goodnight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gambia Children Imitate Jammeh And His Wife, Zeinab (photos) / Joachim Yhombi-Opango Dies Of Coronavirus / Yevgeny Prigozhin's Dead Body Taken To Medical Examiner's Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.