Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples (55788 Views)

Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples / China Secretly Tested 2 Hypersonic Nuke Missiles That Defied The Laws Of Physics / Vladimir Putin Allows ill Russian Teen To Film His ₦180b "Flying Mansion" Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by TBIZZY(m): 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Nigerian Muslim follow suit, free yourself from bondage.
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Shadysen: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
The most foolish people on Earth are Islamic people... quote me and have a trouble days ahead!!!

1 Like

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Philipxxxx0: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hmmmmm I pray our northern neighbor will not start protesting about this news , the world is changing, while some people willingly want to remain in 12 century.
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by AsawanaDgreat: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
So you mean say people like us go shayo be that

2 Likes

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by VampireJoe(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
See space bookers angry Nice one... remaining Saudi Arabia to implement their own

1 Like

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by ukpahu(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
More change to come
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by wink2015(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
WE CAN NOT WAIT FURTHER TO HEAR GOOD NEWS FROM THE UAE.

SINCE THE UAE RECOGNIZED ISRAEL COURTESY OF THE AMERICAN DIPLOMACY.

Things seems to the moving swiftly in the UAE as they are opening up and accepting other norms that they formally frown out.

We can not wait further to see KUWAIT, SAUDI ARABIA, AND QATAR joined the train for a new openness.

KUWAIT does not seem to open their society towards the outside world despite the sacrifice the american and the west did for the Kuwaiti by flushing out Saddam from annexing that country to Iraq.

WE WANT TO SEE A CHANGING QATAR at least before 2022 where the country will host the world in the worldcup.

1 Like

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by kennyz247(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Prepare for what's coming soon

which end again? future abi past end ?my brother enjoy ur life like tomorrow no dey ooo...

1 Like

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Karlosorji(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
When you see a country that is thinking positively you will know.

1 Like

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by enemyofprogress: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
Devil 1- 0 Mohammed grin grin

Head slammers in Nigeria go soon protest over this

5 Likes

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
They have been librated from the brain wash

Happy for them

Its remaining Northern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Comedian2019: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
MuMuric, come and see your elder brothers o! grin grin grin
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by ukpahu(m): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
kennyz247:

which end again? future abi past end ?my brother enjoy ur life like tomorrow no dey ooo...
loooo i love dat
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by shedy03(m): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
iReddington:
Hisbah is still running riot in Northern Nigeria.
Smh.
Islam in northern Nigeria seems different, I think they see their practice as better than the Arabs.

4 Likes

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Flexherbal(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The United Arab Emirates announced on Saturday a major overhaul of the country’s Islamic personal laws, allowing unmarried couples to cohabitate, loosening alcohol restrictions and criminalizing so-called “honor killings.”

Imastex, Ebalu a lu does not exist.
Na so Dem dey do am , nor dey work again.
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by ModestGal(f): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
Lol
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
Spaxon:
I used to say if you want to be a true Moslem.
Look at the Arabs.
Not this politically brainwashed and confused tyrants here that roam the Northern part of what is left of NIGERIA.

Quote me and SARS will catch you.

Modified.
A number of Moslems in the North are actually sensible.
But the brainwashed ones.

Nothing to write home about.

I'm. Talking directly to the Fulani Jihadists.
Cus Hausa that I know are homely people

I just quoted you and no SARS grin
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by majamajic(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
Nice
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by enemyofprogress: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
Jwonder:
Lol and alcohol is still prohibited in most northern states!
all na lie those people drink pass fish and den fok pass dogs
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
WHATEVER YOU POST ON NAIRALAND I MUST GOOGLE IT AND IF I DON'T SEE IT ON GOOGLE HHHHHHHMMM GOD GO SAFE YOU FROM THE WORDS FROM ME
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by winterfell007(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
Countries with long historical ties to Islam values are giving way to new and more accommodating approach to modern lifestyle. But down here in Naija, some northern folks dey carry religion for head like akara. Even the heart of Islam, Saudi-Arabia is increasingly swinging towards relaxing their age-long Islamic values that is limiting growth and prosperity.
I heard the Saudi King already has given an approval for the Catholic Archdiocese to be built.
I wonder how true is it?
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
Gov. Elrufai and Muric left the group chat grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Aksnoopy: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2020
Christians (USA,BRITAIN) owns the Arab world by proxy. They dictate what happens in UAE,KUWAIT,BAHRAIN and SAUDI ARABIA. Nigerian and Iranian terrorist head slammers should take note. grin grin
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2020
youngeagle:
See how Naija guys gonna abuse that
hhhhhhhhhmmmm you make sense die
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by joseph1832(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2020
This is something they should show people like Ganduje and those who use Hisbah police to attack things they wish they could do.
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Franktom247(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2020
Ganduje will not be pleased with this he will sue them
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by thatigboman: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
phransix2:
MUmuRIC wouldn't like this...
and they wount comment as well.
Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Ykc2(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
Ishaq Akintola and his northern jihadists will cry to Mohammed today , may piss be upon him angry

2 Likes

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Goalty01: 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
We Practice Islam not Arabs. Arabs are Muslims Not Islam.

gaetano:
While our arewa folks are still busy policing what women wear in the North, other Muslim countries are making laws that will help their economy post oil period.

Alcohol has been decriminalised in the UAE

This means:
- You no longer need an alcohol licence to buy or drink booze in the UAE - all emirates
- Before now, if you bought or drank alcohol without a license you could be charged (it was rare though)
- Legal drinking age is 21

Suicide/ attempted suicide has been decriminalised in the UAE

This means:
- before now, suicide was illegal - people who attempted to kill themselves could be imprisoned/ fined
- also, people who tried to give CPR or first aid etc could be blamed for someone's injury or death

Legal reforms for the protection of women in the UAE

This means:
- ‘honour crimes’ are abolished - used to be a category of crime where a male relative got a lighter sentence for assaulting a female relative
- these will now be treated like any other assault
- There will now be harsher punishments for men who harass women, no matter how mild or severe
- The punishment for the rape of a minor or someone with "limited mental capacity" is to be execution

Divorce/ separation/ wills and inheritance reforms in the UAE

This means:
- the laws from a person's country of origin can now be used for divorces and the division of assets
- previously, Islamic law, or sharia, was used for family law cases involving expats
- Changes also cover wills/ inheritance
- Before, if someone died - assets could be divided under sharia law
- Now, laws from a person's country or origin applies for how assets are divided among next of kin, unless there's a will (UAE property an exception-falls under UAE law)

Unmarried couples/ mixed gender flatmates can now live together in the UAE

This means:
- Before now, it was illegal for an unmarried couple (including flatmates of the opposite sex) to share a house
- Those who did could have been penalised, though it was pretty rare

If our own Muslim in Nigeria don't want to have sense and do the needful, they should split from the rest of us and do as they please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Prepare for what's coming soon

if you live in Asia where storms visit people everyday HYPERTENSION WILL FIRST DO THE NEEDFUL FOR YOU LOL happy weekend

1 Like

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by VULCAN(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2020
Try to exercise your mental muscles a bit.

Unlike Muslim nations, none of those so called Western nations have severe punishments for any of those aberrations.

So quit with the No biggie. It sounds so fake. Not only is it a biggie there will soon be a terror attack in Dubai as the fundamentalists will soon strike in a terrible way.

AbijaJ:
No biggie. Afterall, Western countries with large population of Christians have been tolerating homosexuality, same sex-marriage and other forms of stuff like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples by emetisuccess(m): 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
Their own islamic laws in Northern Nigeria are forming over strictness. UAE, u are getting there slowly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Streets Of Gambia Crowded As Barrow Returns (Photos) / President Mugabe Sleeping During Donald Trump's UN Speech (Photo) / Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.