Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! (2958 Views)

How Can You Tell If A Car Has Overheated In The Past? / Car Suspension: 7 Indicators That Your Car Has Suspension Problems / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by diportivo: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I wonder where you people learnt that an exhaust dripping water means the engine is healthy.

na only person wey dey okay dey fit use water drop cough na grin

water over every other thing bro

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2020
diportivo:

na only person wey dey okay dey fit use water drop cough na grin

water over every other thing bro

Water is life. grin
Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by weyreypey: 8:07am On Nov 10, 2020
diportivo:

calm down on this oil thing

one step at a time....let him sort oil his bearings first

if he changes his 20w50 at 2k km then think it's fair....aslong as the oil and filter are genuine

my elder brother ran his 08 accord for 7 years with 20w50 and nothing happened.....engine was never opened till he sold it

the oga dem for here av said only a complete overhaul will make the use of 5w30 feasible.....what if car owner cant afford that for now?

Where's that Accord now

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by 9icetoo(m): 8:21am On Nov 10, 2020
diportivo:

calm down on this oil thing

one step at a time....let him sort oil his bearings first

if he changes his 20w50 at 2k km then think it's fair....aslong as the oil and filter are genuine

my elder brother ran his 08 accord for 7 years with 20w50 and nothing happened.....engine was never opened till he sold it

the oga dem for here av said only a complete overhaul will make the use of 5w30 feasible.....what if car owner cant afford that for now?

Dipo, I no be oil merchant oo. My reason is that those kia and hyundai engines are quite fragile.
They will not take the abuse a Honda or Toyota engine will tolerate. I've been to their dealership and stated it here. The number of them waiting for engine transplant is harrowing.
The build qualities are not the same.
Of course he should sort out his bearing problems first.
Remember, repeating an action and expecting a different outcome is folly.
That engine is not cheap, oil is cheap.
Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by 9icetoo(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

My Camry 2004 has been serviced with Total Quartz 5000 20w50 and the odometer is over 200k miles. The engine has never been opened and the exhaust drops water.

What matters is frequency of servicing. I don't joke with my car servicing. Atimes I do it in month interval if I traveled with the car much.
200k Nigerian miles as in you bought it brand new?
Or 200k but with only 30k or 40k Nigerian miles?
They are two different things.
We don't cover that many miles per year in Nigeria. Very few people do. Where the road dey?
If it works for you sha, all the best.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2020
9icetoo:

200k Nigerian miles as in you bought it brand new?
Or 200k but with only 30k or 40k Nigerian miles?
They are two different things.
We don't cover that many miles per year in Nigeria. Very few people do. Where the road dey?
If it works for you sha, all the best.

Bought it Tokumbo in 2013 with an odometer of about 90k miles. It's 7 yrs used in Nigeria now.

Have done Abuja to Anambra severally with it to and fro.
Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by naijadrivablog: 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I wonder where you people learnt that an exhaust dripping water means the engine is healthy.

You are right

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by naijadrivablog: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Bought it Tokumbo in 2013 with an odometer of about 90k miles. It's 7 yrs used in Nigeria now.

Have done Abuja to Anambra severally with it to and fro.

I fit de see you for Abuja sef..
Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by ITbomb(m): 7:14am On Nov 11, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

My Camry 2004 has been serviced with Total Quartz 5000 20w50 and the odometer is over 200k miles. The engine has never been opened and the exhaust drops water.

What matters is frequency of servicing. I don't joke with my car servicing. Atimes I do it in month interval if I traveled with the car much.
Toyota can handle anything thrown at them

I would suggest a mineral based synthetic Quartz 7000 instead of the mineral 5000.
That's what I used for my hyundai
Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by Chukwujohn(m): 10:27am On Nov 17, 2020
Dear op,has the issue been solved kindly contact me on 07026487133
Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by DanielsParker(m): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

You are loosing oil pressure.

Most likely place is from the bearings.

Measure the crankshaft again, cut to next size and replace all bearings if not within spec.

Good evening, I just got 2003 Lexus ES 300. Please what’s the correct oil I should use on my V6 , 6 cylinder engine. ?
Thanks in anticipation

Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:42am On Apr 28, 2021
DanielsParker:

Good evening, I just got 2003 Lexus ES 300. Please what’s the correct oil I should use on my V6 , 6 cylinder engine. ?
Thanks in anticipation

Buy mobil1 5w30 .

You can get from 08033910382

Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by DanielsParker(m): 6:55am On Apr 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Buy mobil1 5w30 .

You can get from 08033910382

Thanks I appreciate
Re: Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! by lillyontop(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2021
Bros go and check the wire connected to the engine sensor that triggers the oil light it might has be partial disconnected or it might have cut some where

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Warning Signs Not To Be Ignored / A SUZUKI(98/99) Tokunbo Car? picture included / Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.