Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight (34435 Views)

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' / “I Cheated On My Wife To Make Her Lose Weight” – Kenyan Man / This Is Why Women Tie Their Husbands With Juju - Chinenye Azubuike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by tammie24: 12:53am On Nov 13, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Sure. Most obese folks don't work on burning calories.

There are some people that will eat the same amount of food another person eats to maintain normal weight, but end up gaining if unchecked.

I'm sure your 'unnecessary weight' is pretty normal grin

exactly

That's why I said I can relate
I don't eat much but I find myself gaining weight sometimes

Women have that problem especially when we reach a certain age.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by 1Sharon(f): 1:01am On Nov 13, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I can relate to your story a bit. A huge part of Nigeria is fatphobic.

You shouldn't be afraid of food and check your weight because you want to stay healthy - not because of what others think.

Of course, the aesthetics are great. With your story, i think you may just have to burn more calories rather than avoid food. I hope you don't starve yourself? sad

This is a lie. Skinny people are ridiculed and seen as sick whereas fat people are perceived as good living and good eating.

White men and Asian men appreciate skinny women the most .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by 79733139(m): 1:21am On Nov 13, 2020
I have lost belly fat 4 times since 2013. Exercise is ineffective for fat loss. You have to adjust your diet by reducing your calorie intake. It isn't about starving but reducing carbohydrates and fats and replacing them with vegetables, low sugar fruits and lean protein.

I repeat trying to lose body fat with exercise alone is a futile endeavour. The magic is calorie reduction.

BLUELemon:
From time to time you hear men talking about weight loss.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Starzo: 2:24am On Nov 13, 2020
1Sharon:

This is a lie. Skinny people are ridiculed and seen as sick whereas fat people are perceived as good living and good eating.

Very true

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by morule20(m): 2:39am On Nov 13, 2020
You made no sense

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by legacystore: 2:56am On Nov 13, 2020
BLUELemon:
From time to time you hear men talking about weight loss. You hear them talking about their female friends having gym time. Some go to the deliberate extent of playing you videos of women in the the gym.

If you are observant enough, those people shown in the gym are actors and actresses acting out a script. In fact, to top it all off, they use male fitness trainers to dress and act like female and you the unsuspecting audience get to marvel at the flatness of their tummy.

Don't fall for it, even the women amongst them are not yet mothers hence the near perfect tummy you see on tv.

It's absolutely natural to put on weight once you are into motherhood. Motherhood coupled with being a career woman gives less space for gym time.

I am not saying you cannot excercise. Excercise is very good for the heart. You look beautiful enough with your weight and if you want to excercise, do it sole to impress yourself. Know your limits and mind your heart beat.

The men that emphasis weight loss don't even have any gym they go to. Don't let people body shame you. Weight is Nature
Weight is natural.
Trash
Have u ever heard of BMI
Fat ppl are lazy and gluttonous and will be risking HBP, diabetes, heart attack etc nothing like body shaming, fat is not good for ur health get rid of it

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by bluefilm: 3:15am On Nov 13, 2020
This is exactly the same type of advice that has, and will continue to ruin so many women.

Such advice only give women a false sense of hope and a whole lot of pride.

No wonder a 35 years old woman will still be thinking she's as hot as a 17 year old young lady simply because she's encouraged to continue overestimating her actual worth in the sexual market.

See, lemme tell you, no matter how you may want to sugarcoat it, there's nothing attractive, positive, or healthy at all in being obese...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by kushme: 4:08am On Nov 13, 2020
You mean I should not body shame landwhales.

Hell no. Fat fvcks ain't appealing, physically. cos most times its all about the smv(sexual market value) of a woman in the society.
So, they ain't shiiit. They exude farts and shiiits
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Regex: 4:29am On Nov 13, 2020
Well what do you know ese! Anything to justify their (women) failures and inadequacy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by TheGreatIYANU: 4:44am On Nov 13, 2020
S T U P I D
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 13, 2020
purples25:
Chai. Being fat isn't funny. Easy to gain, hard to lose. You get fat, have to bear everyone laughing at you.

I blew up once and only went back down by Gods grace. Its a nightmare to think of ever blowing up the way i did again. Very shocking to me as most of my life i was slim before that. I saw what fat people go through in terms of ridicule. Clothes i wore with ease didn't fit me anymore. Slim girls would come and collect my clothes. I was so glad when i finally lost that weight that i suddenly gained.

Those that insulted me came back and complimented me. Hmm what i saw..... I'm still afraid of food and watching my weight now.....avoiding food these days. .

If i eat late i scold myself, if i eat more i scold myself, i look at my stomach and arms every freaking day, worry about my weight occasionally, get myself to do things cuz sitting down is the easiest way that i can get fat.

Eh! I don't want to go through that mockery i faced ever again. Everyone grinning and watching you or turning away as you waddle down the street. I didn't like it.
Aww. Hugs.
I'm sorry for what you had to go through just because of your weight.
Like Nwaezeemmanuel said, hope you don't starve yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 13, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
So much negativity! I know a fitness coach that helps people lose weight steadily, once and for all.

He's a world record holder in power lifting and a pro-bodybuilder. You're definitely not as fit or even as lean as he is, yet he is filled with a lot of motivation in his approach as well as truths.

If you're so used to enslaved teaching, fine. But don't come here to say things you know nothing about. Not going to quote you again.

I love your approach to this fitness thing. And your mature response to that crass dude.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by VERDA: 5:23am On Nov 13, 2020
BLUELemon:
From time to time you hear men talking about weight loss. You hear them talking about their female friends having gym time. Some go to the deliberate extent of playing you videos of women in the the gym.

If you are observant enough, those people shown in the gym are actors and actresses acting out a script. In fact, to top it all off, they use male fitness trainers to dress and act like female and you the unsuspecting audience get to marvel at the flatness of their tummy.

Don't fall for it, even the women amongst them are not yet mothers hence the near perfect tummy you see on tv.

It's absolutely natural to put on weight once you are into motherhood. Motherhood coupled with being a career woman gives less space for gym time.

I am not saying you cannot excercise. Excercise is very good for the heart. You look beautiful enough with your weight and if you want to excercise, do it sole to impress yourself. Know your limits and mind your heart beat.

The men that emphasis weight loss don't even have any gym they go to. Don't let people body shame you. Weight is Nature
Weight is natural.

The purpose of exercising is not to impress yourself, it is for the purpose of good health, so you don't start having chronic illnesses from just 50...looking good us just a by product.
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by jaxxy(m): 5:48am On Nov 13, 2020
BLUELemon:

Weight is natural.

I don’t like people who don’t keep fit. I don’t mean u must be a gym rat, u don’t even have to go to the gym bt u must know how to control ur weight by ur food intake. I can’t stand it when I see fat people at cold stone, what are they doing there?? They then order an ice cream 2ce the size of a normal person. How can u be fat and still eating like a (let me not say it)... excessively or without caution all the damn time? I can’t stand that for a min. I’m sorry.

If Ure slim I don’t care if u eat a whole house. It’s fine. Most fat people lack self discipline especially for food intake.

Somebody once told me it’s her genes I told her if I took her to Somalia where those children are starving for 1month she will know genes isn’t the only factor that determines weight.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Tiheanacho(m): 5:54am On Nov 13, 2020
This one na rick ross sister.
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Olaa: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2020
Very interesting... It is when someone have lost hope that you hear things like this.... Shiooooor! It is when you weight related health challenge arise that you know the importance of a normal weight. FYI.... Google and read about Body Mass Index(BMI) and Waist To Hip Ratio (WTHR) and let your understanding be expanded.... Sho ti gbo! Don’t confuse by misinforming people!

BLUELemon:

Weight is natural.
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by IMASTEX: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2020
BigBabyJesus:
Get fat, get replaced asap.
Lol. . .Are saying it is better to have two than to have two-in-one grin grin
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by NNEWIsuper: 7:14am On Nov 13, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....it seems this article is encouraging ladies to gather fat...
No real niggarr gives a fuckkk about a girl who is too fat
Having athletic body is just too good
Slim girls are just too beautiful

You know nothing about Slim girls
Slim girls are just too perfect
Talking about their slim thigh which is slim enough not to choke their vaginal there by preventing vaginal odour
When they are on leggings...common. ..you got to see thier beautiful shape and fine camel toe
They can accommodate any size that comes in down there because they are deep
Niggar you're so much in point.. What you said is 100% correct.. For me I prefer slim gals anytime anyday
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by NNEWIsuper: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2020
kokkubabboni421:
In as much as I don’t and won’t body shame anybody, Fat ladies are big No for me
Same here, I don't body shame but I'm never for fat ladies

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Zeroenochone(m): 7:25am On Nov 13, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....it seems this article is encouraging ladies to gather fat...
No real niggarr gives a fuckkk about a girl who is too fat
Having athletic body is just too good
Slim girls are just too beautiful

You know nothing about Slim girls
Slim girls are just too perfect
Talking about their slim thigh which is slim enough not to choke their vaginal there by preventing vaginal odour
When they are on leggings...common. ..you got to see thier beautiful shape and fine camel toe
They can accommodate any size that comes in down there because they are deep

They are flexible too shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2020
Please! Don't encourage weight gain, it's not about what men like or don't like it's about health. There are a lot of illnesses associated with obesity.

You can't ignore the risks because you like them big, everyone both male and female should watch it. You're no longer running and playing like when you where a kid so why should you still eat like you're 14! You're metabolism slows down the older you get so you'll add a lot of weight if you still eat carelessly and put your health at risk.

Be active, you don't have to kill yourself in the name of exercise, just going to the store or market 2 times a week can make a difference. Walk and go get water from the fridge yourself and stop calling your child to get it for you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Bankalert(m): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2020
pansophist:
Sugary advice. Its sweet, but does no one good in the long run.

No matter how you slice it, being overweight bordering obesity is not healthy. Take men out of the equation but do it for yourself. It is true that the older one becomes, the more predisposed to adding weight due to decreased metabolism and heightened sedentary lifestyle, but still, it is about adjustment. Just as one do not do teenagers things anymore, one should not be eating like they used to when they were teenagers.

Every adult from their 20's should have a healthy relationship with food, and as a bonus, a ketogenic diet will keep most adults in perfect shape. Women such as genevieve nnaji and Omotola Ekeinde all have stressful jobs, raise kids, fly all over and still manage to keep a good weight even in their 40's. They ain't superwoman, they basically took responsibility of their life, understand how the body process food and form a good relationship with nutrition. Its hard, but try.
i am not a woman but you forgot to add "... And they are in the show business"
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 13, 2020
purples25:
Chai. Being fat isn't funny. Easy to gain, hard to lose. You get fat, have to bear everyone laughing at you.

I blew up once and only went back down by Gods grace. Its a nightmare to think of ever blowing up the way i did again. Very shocking to me as most of my life i was slim before that. I saw what fat people go through in terms of ridicule. Clothes i wore with ease didn't fit me anymore. Slim girls would come and collect my clothes. I was so glad when i finally lost that weight that i suddenly gained.

Those that insulted me came back and complimented me. Hmm what i saw..... I'm still afraid of food and watching my weight now.....avoiding food these days. .

If i eat late i scold myself, if i eat more i scold myself, i look at my stomach and arms every freaking day, worry about my weight occasionally, get myself to do things cuz sitting down is the easiest way that i can get fat.

Eh! I don't want to go through that mockery i faced ever again. Everyone grinning and watching you or turning away as you waddle down the street. I didn't like it.
I have this fat neighbour edging towards obesity, she's not even upto 30, has 4 children and blame her weight gain on that even when her last child is 4 years old. I encouraged her to hit the gym and surprisingly she did, I was in Lagos for about a week and when I returned she blew up. I couldn't believe it, but there was something that caught my attention.

I personally don't goto the gym, but do push-ups most days, it's really easy for me to gain muscles and ave never really added weight no matter what I eat but I don't eat much anyway. So there was this day I decided to hit the gym, and of course I took it personally and lifted all the weights there Lol, I was so motivated to gain more muscles than I ever had. When I got home, I was crazy hungry, I wanted to eat anything and everything. This continued for about 2 days and then I understood the problem with people adding weight after hitting the gym.

I encourage everyone to watch it, I suffer anxiety with physical symptoms like pounding heart beats and panic attacks, even though I have a heatly weight and eat healthy, don't smoke or drink alcohol, anxiety won't let my mind calm down. Now imagine if I was obessed and had to add BP and diabetes to that, it won't be funny at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 13, 2020
BigBabyJesus:

They are fat fcks that need to be told that .

Life is not kindergarten where everyone gets rewarded and petted even if you sh!t on yourself.

All these fitness coaches just pry on fat fcks and since they get paid as long as the fat fcks remains fat fcks, then it serves their interests to keep the fat fcks as fat as fcks can be towards bleeding the fat fcks their money.

It is an arrangement suited to appease the fat fcks towards milking them dry.

If I had my way all so-called fitness coaches will be rounded up and shot for encouraging this fat fckery sh!t.
Who is this drunk self...
Are you normal at all.... .....
Or where u jilted by one of your fat girlfriends.......why are u so hateful and abusive to people.....people who are overweight should slim down for there own sake and happiness..and not because of foul-mouthed sadistic pushovers like you....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by BigBabyJesus: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2020
Chidorx60:

Who is this drunk self...
Are you normal at all.... .....
Or where u jilted by one of your fat girlfriends.......why are u so hateful and abusive to people.....people who are overweight should slim down for there own sake and happiness..and not because of foul-mouthed sadistic pushovers like you....

Fck off fat fck and go lose weight . You and the rest of your morbidly obesse species is why the earth's magnetic pole is drifting as your weight keeps tilting the planet in it's axis.

Fat fck

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2020
BigBabyJesus:

Fck off fat fck and go lose weight . You and the rest of your morbidly obesse species is why the earth's magnetic pole is drifting as your weight keeps tilting the planet in it's axis.

Fat fck
I'm more fit than your entire progeny..

And you should do well to stop taking the drugs and alcohol that's affecting your brain....before you start telling fat people to lose weight....

You are the one with a bigger problem here...only a drunk and a junkie talks like you do....so stop endangering your health mr man , discipline ur self to fight all your addictions and stop venting ur fraustration on the so called Obese people......

It seems u have not had ur stuff for weeks now...try visiting the rehab
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by everyevery: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2020
I always admire my pastor and his wife, they look so fit and the reason behind it is discipline, 30mins walk in the morning and evening, not jug but natural walk
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:27am On Nov 13, 2020
Do you live in Nigeria?!

I know skinny people are ridiculed, but fat people are as well.

1Sharon:

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Kendyrich: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2020
Weight loss has two components: 1. A health component 2. A social component.
Your post only addressed the latter i.e the social aspect. The health component is the most important of the two. When you are this big, it is said you are obese.Obesity is defined using one's BMI ( body/mass Index. The normal BMI is 18.5 - 24.5. A BMI between 25 - 29.5 is overweight, while a BMI from 30 upwards is termed obesity. Obesity has many health problems. From my experience,these include:
1). Diabetes mellitus: Obesity is a risk factor for type-2 diabetes and a central part of the management of this disorder is weight loss.
2). Hypertension: Obesity is also a risk factor for hypertension ( high Bp). Weight loss is key to managing hypertension.
3). Other cardiovascular diseases such as ischaemic heart disease caused by narrowing of the blood vessels supplying the heart due to especially fat deposits.
4). Hospital-associated: Obese patients pose a challenge with carrying them in the hospital when there is an emergency. Health workers avoid carrying them to their bed or operating table so that they themselves will not start having waist pain. Obese patients easily have pressure sores when on admission. Obese people are a big challenge especially in the operating room.
5). Obese people are prone to injuries especially fractures when they fall.
6). The wounds of obese people do not heal easily and is prone to infections because of the fat.
7). Obese women are more prone to having gallstones ( stones in the gallbladder) and fibroid.
cool. Burns injuries are worse with obese people.
I can go on and on. People should try to lose weight for health reasons. The social reasons depend on one's self-esteem. Do not feel less or inferior. You are perfect in God's eyes and anyone that loves you would like you the way you are. Anyone advising you to lose weight should be for health reasons, not to look sexy.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:20am On Nov 13, 2020
I agree with your write up to a very little degree. Muscles beautify a man's body while fats beautify a woman's body. But the real deal is where the fats are being deposited.
I love and prefer curvy women to slim ones. Cos the curvy ones look very feminine. When the fats are deposited around her hips and ass. But not on the belly. There is also scientific evidence to prove the health benefits associated with fats deposited on the hips region. That is the true figure eight. But in Nigeria here, they not only deposit fats in their hips,the head,lips,tongue grin the back,the arms and everywhere. Which makes them shapeless. And not to mention their diets and very sedentary lifestyles.

No pain
No gain
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by Prosmobi: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2020
Wahala for person wey fat oh...shame no go allow u flex lyk others.
Re: Why Women Shouldn't Bother To Lose Weight by DAVE5(m): 11:39am On Nov 13, 2020
BLUELemon:

Weight is natural.

I’m hoping you give your daughters this same advice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Couple Spent N3m On Wedding But Got Evicted Weeks Later Cause They’re Owing Rent / Now You Can Bury Your Loved Ones In A Coffee Table. Viewers discretion See Pic / Police Inspector, Michael Timitimi Slumps, Dies During Grandmother’s Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.