Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. (973 Views)

This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. / The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" / Most Stupid Quotes I've Seen On Nairaland Phone Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
Hello guys.

I'm using this thread to make everyone aware of the increasing rate of "phone marketers" in our beautiful phone section.

It's an open secret that phone brands use marketers (especially itel) to come here and post fake and generally positive information about the specs of the brand's phones.

It's gotten so bad that they even open threads to try and market their mediocre products on here.

Here are some examples below

Lol see this one saying itel s16 beats samsung s20 grin

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
More

Another dumb comparison

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
FAQ: How do we stop marketers from spamming our forum with fake news about phones.

If you encounter people posting positive reviews about phones and the posts are 1 minute or 30 secs apart ( an example is in this thread)

https://www.nairaland.com/6209039/finally-got-itel-s16-guys

There is a high chance that they are phone marketers.

If you ever notice any marketer press the report button and press 8

Rule 8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Or

Rule 18. Don't spam the forum by advertising in the wrong places or posting the same content many times.

These are tips on how to curb the spread of marketers in our section so it can only be about opinions from "real" people.

Thank you

Puskin dragnet honsule Seun Lalasticlala

Front page pls

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 12:11am On Nov 09, 2020
More

Fun fact: the itel phones they market don't have 4G which means if you buy you'd be stuck on 3g network on that phone. Be aware.

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by theFilmtric: 2:39am On Nov 09, 2020
Bros
You are decieving yourself
This shows you are idle
Go find some work to do

theFilmtricsay
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by theFilmtric: 2:48am On Nov 09, 2020
Newman20:
More

Fun fact: the itel phones they market don't have 4G which means if you buy you'd be stuck on 3g network on that phone. Be aware.
Dragnet pukshin
This is against rule 8
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
'Cause u don't like something doesn't make those who profess to "marketers"
Bring proof
Stop behaving like Donald Trump's republicans
Peace and love!

theFilmtricsay
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 3:17am On Nov 09, 2020
theFilmtric:

Dragnet pukshin
This is against rule 8
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
'Cause u don't like something doesn't make those who profess to "marketers"
Bring proof
Stop behaving like Donald Trump's republicans
Peace and love!

theFilmtricsay

Happy now?

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 3:20am On Nov 09, 2020
theFilmtric:
Bros
You are decieving yourself
This shows you are idle
Go find some work to do

theFilmtricsay

I know you're one of the marketers as you often defend them on all threads.

I just used my extremely valuable time to try to educate some of the phone section on goers.

And you come here to slander me in my own thread? SHAME

7 Likes

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 3:24am On Nov 09, 2020
P.S all marketers should stay away from my thread so the real phone section members can give testimony.
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by theFilmtric: 3:31am On Nov 09, 2020
Newman20:

Happy now?
That's s15
Laughing at you right now smiley

theFilmtricsay
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by theFilmtric: 3:37am On Nov 09, 2020
Newman20:

I know you're one of the marketers as you often defend them on all threads.

I just used my extremely valuable time to try to educate some of the phone thread on goers.

And you come here to slander me in my own thread? SHAME
Slander you on your thread?
You own Nairaland?
This is something Xiaomidiots don't know
Sell your product
Transsion sells thiers
Nonsense!
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by femi4: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2020
Leave the marketers alone. If you cannot go to manufacturer website about info concerning phone you itend to buy, you are on your own
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Kiaso(m): 6:11am On Nov 09, 2020
Op, you don't have sense

1. Itel has android devices with 4G capabilities Eg p36 pro lte

2. What you are also doing is another form of marketing, but dis time trolling another brand and mentioning oda brands while making comparisons

3. Mind ur bloody business

4. To everyone who happens to stumble on this thread, buy what ever you want to buy and stop this brand banishing. Let people swim or sink with the choices they have made

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by sunshineV(f): 8:26am On Nov 09, 2020
as expected, itel marketers are here to counter him. anyways keep up the good work. WAHALA FOR WHO DEY BUY TRANSSION DEVICE grin

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by edoairways: 8:39am On Nov 09, 2020
Newman20:
P.S all marketers should stay away from my thread so the real phone section members can give testimony.
Why did you pick on itel if you don't have ulterior motive? embarassed

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by edoairways: 8:40am On Nov 09, 2020
Kiaso:
Op, you don't have sense

2. What you are also doing is another form of marketing, but dis time trolling another brand and mentioning oda brands while making comparisons

4. To everyone who happens to stumble on this thread, buy what ever you want to buy and stop this brand banishing. Let people swim or sink with the choices they have made
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by edoairways: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2020
theFilmtric:

Slander you on your thread?
You own Nairaland?
This is something Xiaomidiots don't know
Sell your product
Transsion sells thiers
Nonsense!
Probably they find it difficult to persuade customers hence this thread. Op didn't see any reasonable thing to say but to come after itel. He forget that xiaomi has marketers on this platform yet he stylishly shy from that

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 9:03am On Nov 09, 2020
Kiaso:
Op, you don't have sense

1. Itel phones are mediocre

2.I didn't mention another brand I said that you and your cohorts do it the most which is true.

3. I don't care about u I'm just trying to save people who don't know.

4. Don't lie to people like that it's inhumane.

I just want people on this section of nairaland to be aware of what you and your people are doing.

4 Likes

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2020
edoairways:

Why did you pick on itel if you don't have ulterior motive? embarassed

I said itel and others. If you don't understand then go learn how to read.
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 9:11am On Nov 09, 2020
femi4:
Leave the marketers alone. If you cannot go to manufacturer website about info concerning phone you itend to buy, you are on your own

So you want those you affecting with your fake news to suffer right?
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 9:17am On Nov 09, 2020
I'm done answering all of you marketers

Just be aware
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by edoairways: 9:28am On Nov 09, 2020
Newman20:

I said itel and others. If you don't understand then go learn how to read.
Your emphasis is on itel

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by KingAlabi: 9:46am On Nov 09, 2020
The way this itel marketers dey market the phone eh

And it just started newly

Make una calm down
Just drop your say on the phone and move
No force am down our throats abeg.
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by sunshineV(f): 10:06am On Nov 09, 2020
KingAlabi:

Make una calm down
if to say na beta phone e better lol itel way d phone go swell up after 2 month
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by KingAlabi: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2020
sunshineV:
Make them no hear you oh cheesy
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by kennyflames(m): 10:25am On Nov 09, 2020
This thread weak me oo
Who's comparing samsung s20 to itel s16 grin

Don't even know where to start
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by sunshineV(f): 10:56am On Nov 09, 2020
KingAlabi:
Make them no hear you oh cheesy
their fada left lap grin
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by sunshineV(f): 10:58am On Nov 09, 2020
kennyflames:
This thread weak me oo
Who's comparing samsung s20 to itel s16 grin

Don't even know where to start

d werey say apart from d camera, watin samsung s20 fit do wey itel s16 no fit do? i went into shock grin ITEL O

1 Like

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by kennyflames(m): 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2020
sunshineV:
d werey say apart from d camera, watin samsung s20 fit do wey itel s16 no fit do? i went into shock grin ITEL O

Lol grin this one pass marketer na Ambassador
S20 wey i go use start itel shop grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by sunshineV(f): 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
kennyflames:

Lol grin this one pass marketer na Ambassador
S20 wey i go use start itel shop grin grin
come employ am as marketer grin

2 Likes

Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
KingAlabi:

Make una calm down

That's the entire point of this thread. If you see them. Report them using rule 8 or 18. See how they attacked me brutally up there grin

Because I've exposed their scope they're getting angry grin
Re: How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. by Newman20(m): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
sunshineV:

1 month sef not even two

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD / Buju Mobile Yobe State / Redmi Note 8 Battery Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.