Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" (19104 Views)

American Man Traces Owner Of Wrong Number That Has Been Calling Him For 20 Years / How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. / I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by uncleck: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2020
My main line is an MTN line that I've used for more than a decade. I can't even remember when I started using it, but it's before 2010. I have retrieved It severally due to phone loss. But my experience with wrong number always leaves a bitter taste...

Two weeks ago, a lady told me on facebook that she blocked me on WhatsApp and deleted my contact; I tried to message her but it wasn't going through. When I asked her, she said she called my line and a woman picked it and told her she's married with kids. After calling severally...the woman warned her not to call again.

I do receive calls severally from people who call me different names and with full confidence of the destination they're trying to reach. Some will just call and start talking without verifying who they are speaking to. I have severally been a barrister. Severally a generator technician etc. This is not a case of only those Hausas, I am called by people of different backgrounds.

What prompted me to create this post now is a call I received few minutes ago. The caller is trying to reach Ifeanyi. He doesn't believe that I don't know who Ifeanyi is. He has called three times urging me to give the phone to the owner.

I remember a time a girl called and started to abuse me thinking I'm one uncle of hers.

Does anyone have similar experience? Please share

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by fijiano202(m): 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lol...it's normal in Nigeria...na aboki manini common pass

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by 100naira(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
Na de Mallams' own de vex me pass.

They will not confirm who de d call and they will start rambling angry angry

182 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by edoairways: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
MTN and others have to explain this issue.

12 Likes

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Crownp(m): 1:00am On Nov 07, 2020
Mtn dishing out welcome back sims to new users reeks stupidity... I bought a new sim recently and upon backing up my contacts, i met the old contacts of someone who used the sim... People call me almost everyday saying they want to speak with one person or the other

45 Likes

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by DarkJeddi(m): 7:43am On Nov 07, 2020
MTN and their wacky network..
Na so one girl come dey provoke for me unto say I dey stalk her,person I no know from DJ Cuppy.. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by TheBillyboy: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2020
I've had my fair share of this wrong number issue. I don't bother myself this days, I just hang up once I notice we both don't know each other. If the caller insist on calling, I jejely block am. Can't let you kill my battery for me

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2020
Go make a complaint at any MTN official store close to you.

3 Likes

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by AltCtrlDel: 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
Just this morning someone called me and here is the convo;

Caller: Omo! Guy! I'm so very sorry to hear about your Dad. Pls let me know if I can help in anyway

Me: (I almost said wrong n..........) Ok bro I'll keep u posted. I appreciate.

I've called my old boy, dude is doing pretty good. Now I've typed and untyped my account number more than 50times within the last 4hours to send to this unknown destiny helper. As a matter of fact my gas just finish

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Ademola47(m): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
I had similar experience last month.

About 4 Hausa guys mistakenly called my number that day.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by oyeb15: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
Nothing work in Nigeria. I no even hear any musician dey sing 9ja go beta again.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Virus99: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
All I know is that when a wrong number called you it is usually an Hausa person... When you call a wrong number it is still an Hausa person that will pick grin grin ;

I don't understand....

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by LightAunt(f): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
Same here.
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Legalcriminal: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
Same thing happen with my line sometimes ago.
The woman called speaking in Igbo I told her I don’t understand before she speak English which I told her I’m not who she’s trying to reach. She disnt believe called 5times I blocked her ass when she’s strong headed.
Aboki own na normal.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Sonnobax15(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
grin. Say hi if you had never received a call(s) from Aboki since phone came into 9ja......

Someone can not dial a wrong number in peace for once hoping it would be the number of the daughter of one notable, wealthy Nigerian without hearing Salam maleku from the other side

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
Although Nigeria's telecom sector has improved, especially facilities, a lot of work needs to be done.
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Pierocash(m): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Mine is my Airtel line, aboki people wan kill me

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hausa known for wrong number
Igbos known for am almost there
Yoruba shouting on phone
This country is a full comedy channel

14 Likes

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Ahmback(m): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
It means you're sharing same number with different people,,,,,happens mostly with MTN.

if you become inactive with their line within 3 - 6 months, they will resell your number

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Rebuke: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
grin
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by sojayy(m): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Nothing works right in Nigeria......e be like say na swear.. chaiii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by EmekaBlue(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
Network glitch sometimes
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Lovelies1: 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
T
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Evergreen4(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
Once an aboki calls you. The first word is salamaleku

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From TECNO SPARK 20 Series Launch And TECNOxAFCON Sponsorship / We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. / What Android Has That iOS Doesn't Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.