Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack (75316 Views)

Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos / Fire Guts Ladipo Market, Lagos (video) / How To Buy Stuffs At Cheaper Price At Idumota Market, Lagos This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
Chris2863:
Probably my hopeless father
maybe cool
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by watchindelta(m): 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2020
yuroba and igbo does two tribes umm jst dey mk me dey laf grin grin everytime i buztenter nairaland. outa her. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Holiness78(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
It's a normal thing in Ladipo. I experienced same in 2015.
But what could have caused it ...?
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by unscripted(m): 7:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
Vulcan24:

Schizophrenic comments

I av no idea of your hallucinations
Anyway goodluck in your tribal conspiracies
uncle shut up ,, the issue was not tribal , yorubas and ibos get along well in lagos , its only on nairaland I see otherwise

3 Likes

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
jornwhite:

i guess schooling in the east and hustling in the west is what makes you "exposed" undecided weldone sir

Bros you are still as myopic as ever. Try to travel more it would make you exposed and broaden your level of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by favor914: 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
Neddstark:
This kind of nonsense needs to shop. MC Oluomo who should be the street king of Lagos is virtually useless.
It is true, you undermine him when you want, then beg for his help when in trouble, you want to have your cake, & eat it too? Go and report to the closest SARS station

4 Likes

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by oyatainer(m): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2020
Pharaoh4rin:
The Yoruba people believed that the wary aggressors who destroyed properties in Lagos recently in d #endsars# protests were majorly igbos. Now, they've teamed up to attack d Igbo traders because, who else owns d businesses in Ladipo, Alaba and Trades fair market? Trust me, this is just d beginning of these sequence of attack. If the Igbo traders knows what's good for them, let them attack back WHILE they PREPARE themselves for similar attacks in Alaba and Trades fair.

We're are all ethnic bigots in this country; it's just that some are more bigotry than others.

I give up on you people. Reprisal attack on who? Can you stand it if they start? Your kind are the ones who instigate violence and stay back to play victim card.

A civilized person is not expected to be saying this.
If you start it now ,you will start calling international bodies. And nobody will know the root of violence again. Be guided bros, the thing is a win win for Yoruba if you start it because this is their land.

Your kind of useless audacity causes attacks of Nigerians in South Africa, Ghana and Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by jornwhite: 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
obynzo:

Bros you are still as myopic as ever. Try to travel more it would make you exposed and broaden your level of thinking.

noted.
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Vulcan24(m): 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Did you not see where I said Get lost? Twice. Dont mention me again.
Get lost!

Hey, Looney! U ar still hallucinating
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Emmerlee(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
One4me:

Grade A+ Muumu!
How are you different from the person you are abusing?
He generalised, wrongly.
And you also responded with a generalisation, as bolded.
Which one is "you people"?
You better look in the mirror.

Don't quote me next time if you cannot read in between the lines. Check my reply again you'd see I mentioned "you people", which in this context refers to his fellow bigoted fellows and tribalistic goons (abound on this forum) who cannot see things for what they are, irrespective of their tribe or affiliations. You probably thought I was insulting his tribe hence your outburst.. na, I can never stoop so low.

I don't like dummies quoting me please. Keep off!
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Unrated900(m): 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
nairavsdollars:
They should fight back and resist the attempts by Afonjas to forcefully collect their shops

Your stupidity is at it peak.
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Miracle2020: 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
Enjoy your endsars
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
oyatainer:

I give up on you people. Reprisal attack on who? Can you stand it if they start? Your kind are the ones who instigate violence and stay back to play victim card.

A civilized person is not expected to be saying this.
If you start it now ,you will start calling international bodies. And nobody will know the root of violence again. Be guided bros, the thing is a win win for Yoruba if you start it because this is their land.

Your kind of useless audacity causes attacks of Nigerians in South Africa, Ghana and Lagos.

Just listen to urself!
Well, ur response defines clearly who you are. Keep it up. Ii hate oppression. I hate cheating. But I believe in d doctrine of "Eye 4 Eye and Tooth 4 Tooth".
A week or so ago, the yoruba youths were informed that the sabotages cause in Lagos were a handiwork of d igbos. The next u know, there were circulars that igbos should vacate d SW. It took d wisdom and intervention of d governors to avert d planned mayhem that would've been meted on d igbos. Do U know who the Rabble Rousers are? I guess U don't know.
The igbos have always played d Mr goodie goodie but it's high time d Igbo s stand their ground. Call it uncivilized, I don't care.
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Injera(f): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
I hope every Nigerian is witnessing this. When our boys begin attack in Lagos now afonja go begin shout that ngbanti Yoruba. Make dem call these yoruba boys to order o. We give authority and Chaiman Mushin LG 24hrs to cease the nonsense and apologize or we shall be forced into self-defense mode. Wetin we do una? What is the cause for hoodlums to enter place of business and begin shoot at traders? What and where is justification?

Im waiting to hear from Ohanaeze.
you can nothing as you did nothing in oyigbo

2 Likes

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2020
ruffDiamond:
almajiri abok1 Nuthead,shatap there!we now understand and know those bastardz inciting igbo-yoruba rivalry here a n nairaland,its you foolish riff raff quota system PARASITE from up North,who are always paranoid of a united southern Nigeria, y'all tactics a will continue to be DOA! parasite with a P!

I'm sorry I can't understand ur point. Perhaps U should speak alternative language; I'm not from up north

1 Like

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by raphy(m): 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
i just don't know why I de laugh come enter thread...

she person wey never jog since January don. run by force..even with Tank belly..

lwkmd abeg o.

if na munshin no be news that place is always a war zone in broad DAy light .
if u are entering that area let me tell u something ..

don't dress too flashy ..or shpw off expensive gadget the guys there are pure miscrant. ...

if u grew up in.Lagos u will know more about that area.
I hope say no life was wasted..

God will help us all.o
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Unrated900(m): 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
unshakablejihad:

jst has ur weak brothers were butchered and burnt alive in there turf by the hausas in mile 12 and fagba... lilly livered men..thoroughly beaten back to back..wat a cursed tribe.

Look through the front,your sense is flying ahead of your shadow.
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by PaulH07: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
Neddstark:
This kind of nonsense needs to shop. MC Oluomo who should be the street king of Lagos is virtually useless.

Nonsense sef dey go shopping
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2020
Rugaria:

Igbo traders are well schooled in this kind of mayhem. Ask yourself how did the Igbo traders survive in a place like kano? Very soon, they will do meeting for all those Tinubu boys. After that, na them go begin cry of oppression and domination in your own land..

I've voiced my concern. Kano ain't Lagos. Lagos state accommodates d highest number of non-indigenes in Nigeria. So when a certain group or ethnics begin to device a coup against another ethnics and d ploy is uncovered, it's better to stand up for or against it so U don't bleat like a goat at d end.
Kano ain't Lagos

1 Like

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by DAVE5(m): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
SuperBold:

I hope Yoruba leaders are seeing this! They have overstayed their welcome

What’s it with all these heartless comments, can’t we all live in peace or is it so hard?

Does it change a thing if an Igbo man stays in Lagos, does it have adverse effect on you, does it stop you from succeeding?

1 Like

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2020
This is the handi work of afonja Muslims and their northern pay masters to forcefully collect my brothers shops over their!! But oluwa pass them
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
DAVE5:

What’s it with all these heartless comments, can’t we all live in peace or is it so hard?

Does it change a thing if an Igbo man stays in Lagos, does it have adverse effect on you, does it stop you from succeeding?

No it doesn't..... All we ask for is to respect our culture and our way of life
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by DexterousOne(m): 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
How did this turn to tribal matter?

What's wrong with Nigerians?

Shey dem swear for una ni?

1 Like

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by DAVE5(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
SuperBold:

No it doesn't..... All we ask for is to respect our culture and our way of life

But you were the one making insensitive posts

We could respect each other’s culture and way of life while also living in peace

I’m neither Yoruba nor Igbo
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by DAVE5(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
DexterousOne:
How did this turn to tribal matter?

What's wrong with Nigerians?

Shey dem swear for una ni?

We seriously need reorientation in this country

1 Like

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Henryfour(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
It was not unknown gun men, dey were soldiers. Igbos n yorubas had issues base on tickets. Wen Igbos over powered d yorubas, yorubas involved soldiers who shot n killed an igbo guy. D guy was in his shop, he even put his hands on his head begging soldiers not to kill him. I was there
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by DAVE5(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2020
Chinemeremjosh0:
This is the handi work of afonja Muslims and their northern pay masters to forcefully collect my brothers shops over their!! But oluwa pass them

We could do better ohh, the change begin with each and every one of us

You didn’t have to make that post at all
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Henryfour(m): 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
Holiness78:

But what could have caused it ...?
ticket for byke, yorubas wants to cut ticket y igbos wanted to do dsm. It to turned to riot. Yorubas called soldiers who came shooting
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Emekaonline: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
seunmsg:
It must be Tinubu that is trying to take over the shops belonging to Igbo people.

If that is the case, let Igbos move back to their land Abia or enugu. Or must they do business only in Yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
DAVE5:

But you were the one making insensitive posts

We could respect each other’s culture and way of life while also living in peace

I’m neither Yoruba nor Igbo

Yes after my tribe and culture have been threatened by those we thought were our friend
Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Emekaonline: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
Pharaoh4rin:

Just listen to urself!
Well, ur response defines clearly who you are. Keep it up. Ii hate oppression. I hate cheating. But I believe in d doctrine of "Eye 4 Eye and Tooth 4 Tooth".
A week or so ago, the yoruba youths were informed that the sabotages cause in Lagos were a handiwork of d igbos. The next u know, there were circulars that igbos should vacate d SW. It took d wisdom and intervention of d governors to avert d planned mayhem that would've been meted on d igbos. Do U know who the Rabble Rousers are? I guess U don't know.
The igbos have always played d Mr goodie goodie but it's high time d Igbo s stand their ground. Call it uncivilized, I don't care.

If Lagos is too hot for your family, please move to Aba or what is the problem?

1 Like

Re: Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:53pm On Nov 09, 2020
Emekaonline:

If Lagos is too hot for your family, please move to Aba or what is the problem?

If u know my state of origin or better still my tribe, u will not be saying all these stuffs. For instance,
If ur younger or elder brother intimidate u, or always want to fight you, be brave for once and fight back. If he wins, good. But a fight back is the only option and He definitely will back off.

Perhaps you've 4gotten d mile12 crisis of 1992 against d hausas? The reprisal birthed a new course of relationship btw hausa g yoruba in agege, mile 12 & okokomaiko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam / How I Recieved An Instant Loan Of Over N1m Without Going To The Bank / Your Dormant Bank Account Could Put You In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.