Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Breaking The Bad Boy Syndrome - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Breaking The Bad Boy Syndrome (960 Views)

Advice Pls, Am Falling In Love With A Campus Bad Boy's Chick / 12 Characteristics Of A Bad Boy / Why Women Dig The Bad Boy Sex Appeal — Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

Breaking The Bad Boy Syndrome by emmatok(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
Since I discovered the miracle of Internet surfing, I have never taken it for granted — not even once! I eagerly embraced all it had to offer, morning after morning, I voraciously dug out information from various sites ranging from political, academic to inspirational. However, this appetite of mine has for months now been feeding heavily on inspirational sites. I have gone to hundreds of these sites, looking for ways to be better, and I must confess it has really being of tremendous help to me. One of such site is ‘girlsgonewise.com’, which has lots of resources for girls who are willing to become wise and abandon the wild ways. Perhaps it is the name that attracted me or better still it’s the layout, whichever did he trick , I am eternally grateful to.

Good girls love bad boys?

‘Why do good girls love bad guys?’ was one interesting article once posted on the girlsgonewise website. This is one big question I found myself running from for a long time as it does not only scare me, it also reveals an amount of evil that resides in me and puts to shame my ‘goodness’. This is one question I have been unable to answer since. I have, at some point, fallen victim to this malfunction and so I am eager to discuss it with other girls. Why do a lot of good girls fall in love with the guy with the guarded eyes, mysterious ways, callous attitude, ‘devil may care behaviour’; what exactly is the attraction?

Why is it so difficult for the ‘good girls’ to just fall in love with the ‘good guys’? Oh, how ethereal will that be! Enough of all these Mill and Boons lifestyles/stories we have been brought up to believe, bad guys cannot make good husbands SIMPLE!

Facing facts

You have got to face it. A guy who does not give a hoot about the terrible menstrual cramps you endure month after month, will not be moved by the labour pains that grip you at childbirth! If a guy does not have the decency to call you every day in a relationship, you will not expect him to be accountable to you by the time you have gained 20 pounds in marriage! A guy who severally refuses to introduce you to his family as a girlfriend but delights in making out with you at the backseat of his car at night does not deserve you! Not forgetting the fact that he will not take you out on romantic dates after your ‘perfect size 8’ has forgotten its number.

My thoughts

In my little time on earth. I have surely seen the good, the bad and the ugly side of men. My advice to all the good girls including myself is that we henceforth boycott the ‘bad boys zones’ because they surely stand up to no good! They are wicked, selfish, childish (forget the muscles), and they do not deserve our love. I have this song on my phone by Frank Edwards — ‘You are beautiful’. This song stresses the fact that we are too beautiful, too intricately created to be mishandled, that means we need the love of the good guys in our lives.

Here is this problem, I have sampled the opinion of a lot of girls, and what I have heard is so discouraging. A lot of them believe that the good guys are boring, wimpy and not manly enough. Can someone please tell me the relationship between being good and being boring, have they become synonymous? Because the last time I checked, they were not the same, so why do we foolishly create this synergy between goodness and boredom.

As for me, I have strongly decided to give the next good guy in my life a big chance because I need him, as the flower needs the sun to bloom, so I do seriously need him. Enough of this evil magnet which keeps attracting me to that guy with guarded eyes and nonchalant ways. With this decision comes another challenge, how do I get this good guy? Because they are so scarce nowadays, the streets are filled with ‘bad guys’. They populate churches, they are the smooth talking brothers on the pulpits, and they are the tongues-speaking guys in church who will not stop ogling at the slits of your skirts. They are the Bible-carrying dudes who keep leading you on till eternity comes!

The Biblical stand

I recently stumbled on a chapter in the Bible which talks about being a wise girl and not walking as the unwise. In this chapter, I suddenly discovered that it’s simply not enough being a good girl, take a step further by including God in all things. I mean all things like your racing heartbeat whenever the so-called guy is around, those needy moments when you desperately want a man’s arms around you, those times you feel so sexually charged and don’t know what to do about it. Be a wise girl and talk to God about all these issues. He understands, He knows your struggles, He loves you so much that He is so interested in giving you that godly, good, romantic man who appreciates you and is willing to walk this life with you. Do not be in a haste to be loved by someone, remember God loves you, and I personally think that tops even a man’s love. Get to know yourself, love yourself, love God! Today, be a wise girl and delete the bad guy’s digits on your phone and embrace the good guy!

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/ArtsandCulture/x2/Entertainment/5683186-146/breaking_the_bad_boy_syndrome_.csp
Re: Breaking The Bad Boy Syndrome by 190: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Today, be a wise girl and delete the bad guy’s digits on your phone and embrace the good guy!

this is serious ish grin

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT_yxs_-J1M&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Breaking The Bad Boy Syndrome by silvaspecs: 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
@ poster, U DEY KIRESE!!! WHY U DEY TELL BABES 2 RUN 4RM ME NAA
Re: Breaking The Bad Boy Syndrome by kokoye(m): 8:43pm On Mar 15, 2011
life would be boring without dem bad boys
Re: Breaking The Bad Boy Syndrome by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
whoever ends up with them should just be constant in prayer.

or else play the same game.

My Ex Want Me Back Plz Advice Me. / Why Do Women Make Guys Cry? / Erotic materials And Relationships:equation Revealed.