Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained (39511 Views)

Donald Trump Statement On US Election 2020: “The Election Is Far From Over” / Joe Biden Wins US Presidential Election 2020 / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by pansophist(m): 10:19am On Nov 10, 2020
In a nutshell, the USA is not democratic afterall.

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Incips: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2020
Great information!
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Omezif(m): 10:20am On Nov 10, 2020
Up joe biden ! I don't think any thing can delete his victory.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by ManTiger(m): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2020
We are tired already
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Gadafii: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2020
this should be embraced in naiaj, so that all these northern under-age almajiri voters cant influence electoral outcomes angry

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by mainman7(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2020
Evidences of massive electoral Fraud perpetrated all over USA has began to emerge. Dems are truly demon-possessed Satanists that want to control and enslave the World by all means. I was wondering how the good people of America would be so foolish enough to enthrone an habitual pedophile child molester and confirmed Satanist. Trump is not perfect, no human being is, not you not I. Americans must not accept the fraudulent victory of Leftists that Left the CREATOR of Humanity, and follow Satan. This Mailed-in ballots Fraud was repeated all over US for the abominable ForBiden to overtake Trump. Watch one of such live: https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-11-06-pennsylvania-election-worker-caught-filling-out-ballots.html

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by rolams(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2020
It's already gone
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by RedScorpion(f): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2020
Neddstark:
Electoral fraud happened. The democrats and elites were desperate. Supreme court is Trump's only hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VWCjpbnuZ0

He would loose even in the Supreme Court

All his claims are baseless without evidence

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by greatseed: 10:26am On Nov 10, 2020
This time Biden won the electoral college & popular votes. That is a landslide!!! cheesy

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by sylve11: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2020
hmmmm cool
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by oluwaseyi0: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2020
pansophist:
In a nutshell, the USA is not democratic afterall.
It's is the most democratic, big populated states get more electoral votes than smaller ones but still make the smaller states to matter in the schemes of things, smaller colonies/state won't feel they are not part, hence want to separate like biafra

President Buhari referring to a whole eastern region as 5% and highly inconsequential will not have happen if we use electoral college, everyone will simply be respected

Also the over-breeding of North simply for political purpose without plan to take care of what they born will not have been happening

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Neddstark: 10:30am On Nov 10, 2020
RedScorpion:

He would loose even in the Supreme Court

All his claims are baseless without evidence

Only a fool goes to supreme court without evidence. I doubt if his team doesn't have evidence.

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Latidoh1: 10:30am On Nov 10, 2020
Biden won on the two sides.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by rolams(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2020
mainman7:
Evidences of massive electoral Fraud perpetrated all over USA has began to emerge. Dems are truly demon-possessed Satanists that want to control and enslave the World by all means. I was wondering how the good people of America would be so foolish enough to enthrone an habitual pedophile child molester and confirmed Satanist. Trump is not perfect, no human being is, not you not I. Americans must not accept the fraudulent victory of Leftists. This Mailed-in ballots Fraud was repeated all over US for the abominable ForBiden to overtake Trump. Watch one of such live: https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-11-06-pennsylvania-election-worker-caught-filling-out-ballots.html

Funny! I mean very funny!! It was not fraud when Hillary Clinton was defeated through the same system in 2016 right? Don't be deceived. Trump case was dismissed in Michigan over false claim and inability to proof his case. The same will happen to all the remaining cases.

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by dallyemmy: 10:30am On Nov 10, 2020
Can we replicate electoral colleges in Nigeria? So that states that have more people would not always determine the outcome of the presidential election. I thought Nigeria copied American electoral process. Why was the electoral colleges exempted from ours?
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by abdsamad(m): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2020
Neddstark:
Electoral fraud happened. The democrats and elites were desperate. Supreme court is Trump's only hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VWCjpbnuZ0

It's true o!
Even dead Nigerians are voting. Can you believe it?
My aunt that died from Spanish flu just last week, told me she voted for Biden, twice. Twice!
It's just crazy how far these Democrats have taken it.
They're not content with drinking the blood of babies anymore, now they're dabbling in necromancy

We need to be really prayerful in these difficult times, my brother
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by dejonathan(f): 10:32am On Nov 10, 2020
femi4:
Not possible. Once you get 270 from the electoral votes, the highest your opponent can get is 268.

Since 270+268 = 538 (Total electoral votes)
If na 269 each nko?
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Seebrian(m): 10:38am On Nov 10, 2020
Honestly speaking, electoral college will do us good in Nigeria where the patriotic elites decide who emerges the President to curtail infant, immigrant and less inform voters from influencing the emergent of the President.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Macpro: 10:38am On Nov 10, 2020
op, since California has 55 electoral votes, why is she not considered a swing state?
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:39am On Nov 10, 2020
Blatant lies. There's no particular group of people called the Electors. Once a candidate wins a state. He wins all the Electoral College votes allocated to it. I used to think in this your direction till this year's election. I thought each state will deligate electors to the Electoral college. Its all lies. Once a presidential candidate wins a state, he wins the whole electoral college allocated to thT state, except Maine and Nebraska. What the electoral college will do after the elections is the same thing INEC does, which is to affirm the results computed. Now that Joe Biden has won and has given his vote of thanks without your imaginary Electors of Electoral College like you said, what then will happen if the electors sit like you said and vote against Biden and elect Trump instead?

There's no electors deligates to elect a president. They will only affirm the results we already know.

I used to think like you before now.

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by ThatFairGuy: 10:40am On Nov 10, 2020
hush15:
So what happens when you popular votes, electoral colleges and still lost the presidency. Any explanation on the possibility of that
Not possible.nah. Only Trump thought as such

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2020
Austinbiggy:
I still prefer Donald Trump than Joe Biden
So?
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Rex777: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2020
Pure mathematics
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by ThatFairGuy: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2020
They should change the gofdam electoral college to Highest vote casted.

It would have saved America from this disgrace (Trump)

Some democrats, including former Democratic presidential nominees Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, are calling for an overhaul of the system. They want to get rid of the electoral college system completely, and replace it with the popular vote, so whoever gets the most votes wins the Presidency.
However, this would mean changing the US constitution. This would require both the house and the Senate to give a two-thirds majority, as well as 38 out of 50 state assemblies to agree to it – something many experts believe is almost impossible.

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Porpor: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2020
dejonathan:
If na 269 each nko?
Then the Parliaments would vote to decide. The Senate votes for the Vice President while the House votes for the President.

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Seyzcham91(m): 10:43am On Nov 10, 2020
its not funny, in your country nigeria se na everyone understands the voting system

and even if them understand am se e work for us, no be rigging dem dey rig at last
Jeromejnr:
The funny thing about the U.S electoral system, is that even many Americans do not understand the system.

Many of them constantly have to be re-thaught on how the processes works.

If only the electoral system was under one umbrella. But each state having their own different laws, codes and processes makes it very complex.

I was watching the news and a particular host had to ask another to explain to him how it works in some states.

But its for the best. The people who built America had a very high IQ.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by olakan22: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2020
There is nothing controversial about the electoral college ejoo. Mods should change the topic on the front page.

People should desist from throwing impressive sounding words all over the place
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Shadysen: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2020
God bless America.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by ThatFairGuy: 10:45am On Nov 10, 2020
dejonathan:
If na 269 each nko?
It's not possible following how each State was allocated the Collage.
Infact if it happens, Highest vote casted will determine
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 10, 2020
Tookool:
God bless Donald Trump

Amen

Lithuania Asks All Citizens To Leave Belarus As Global Outrage Continues / Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO / NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request