Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,098 members, 7,835,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained (39549 Views)

Donald Trump Statement On US Election 2020: “The Election Is Far From Over” / Joe Biden Wins US Presidential Election 2020 / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Tinyemeka(m): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2020
iko123:
Daughter of Jezebel cannot be in the White House.

I googled your pic and saw that Kamala's name was maliciously inserted, whereas her name was not inscribed in the original banner.

How can you claim to be fighting for Christianity, by using something that is falsified?

1 Like

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:46am On Nov 10, 2020
If it is done in Nigeria, it might lead to war
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by mayowab(m): 11:51am On Nov 10, 2020
the electoral college system is not controversial
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by isahsalee: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2020
1787 electoral law in 2020, US wake up, your excuse for arcade and outdated law was because of communication challenges far back then. Now you have better communications technology system so, why still maintaining an obsolete law?
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by fredoooooo: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2020
Awon Oba rigging aye grin
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by juman(m): 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2020
America is third world country.

A rubbish country.
Their clueless president want to turn to mobutu.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by planetx: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
Jeromejnr:
The funny thing about the U.S electoral system, is that even many Americans do not understand the system.

Many of them constantly have to be re-thaught on how the processes works.

If only the electoral system was under one umbrella. But each state having their own different laws, codes and processes makes it very complex.

I was watching the news and a particular host had to ask another to explain to him how it works in some states.

But its for the best. The people who built America had a very high IQ.
They were also freemasons.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Stanleyq: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
Then no need to suffer the masses or waste money in voting, when the time comes, let de electoral college do it alone.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by juman(m): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2020
isahsalee:
1787 electoral law in 2020, US wake up, your excuse for arcade and outdated law was because of communication challenges far back then. Now you have better communications technology system so, why still maintaining an obsolete law?

Presently the system favour republicans.
The Democrats can easily get the highest number of votes because they win in most big cities in America,.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by SmartPolician: 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2020
They should just remove this college nonsense from their constitution

It makes their electoral system complicated and childish
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by ThatFairGuy: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2020
mide8989:

It can happen and if it does, then Congress will vote. Senate votes for the VP and the house Vote for the President
Okay, I just used common sense there. Is this statement of yours in their constitution?
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by ayusco85(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2020
Jeromejnr:
The funny thing about the U.S electoral system, is that even many Americans do not understand the system.

Many of them constantly have to be re-thaught on how the processes works.

If only the electoral system was under one umbrella. But each state having their own different laws, codes and processes makes it very complex.

I was watching the news and a particular host had to ask another to explain to him how it works in some states.

But its for the best. The people who built America had a very high IQ.

They were actually smart to have come up with this system. At that time there was no technology to track the votes all over the country if it were to be based on popular votes
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by DabFrankNG: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
Now I'm wowed! The founding fathers of the USA devised this ingenious system as far back as the 18th century. Even a professor of statistics may not be able to come up with this.

And majority of the state legislatures too have to vote to ratify the decision of the federal law makers.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2020
Nigerian electoral college of INEC, police, military, courts and thugs is the other way round, they help candidates get popular votes both real and fake to win.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Liposure: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Blatant lies. There's no particular group of people called the Electors. Once a candidate wins a state. He wins all the Electoral College votes allocated to it. I used to think in this your direction till this year's election. I thought each state will deligate electors to the Electoral college. Its all lies. Once a presidential candidate wins a state, he wins the whole electoral college allocated to thT state, except Maine and Nebraska. What the electoral college will do after the elections is the same thing INEC does, which is to affirm the results computed. Now that Joe Biden has won and has given his vote of thanks without your imaginary Electors of Electoral College like you said, what then will happen if the electors sit like you said and vote against Biden and elect Trump instead?

There's no electors deligates to elect a president. They will only affirm the results we already know.

I think lik.
if you so then why do we have faithless electors
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Asukuebira1: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2020
ayusco85:
Even if Nigerian adopts college electoral system, the northern states will still have high college electoral votes. The north will always have the advantage due to population
I still prefer our own way of determining when a state is won or lost, which is having 1/4 of total vote casted in a state AND winning 2/3 of the Nigerian states. This is better and clearer than the so called Electoral College Vote.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by PaulH07: 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2020
hush15:
So what happens when you popular votes, electoral colleges and still lost the presidency. Any explanation on the possibility of that

That can only happen to Biden.

In Trump's dreams ofcourse...
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Starcrest1: 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Blatant lies. There's no particular group of people called the Electors. Once a candidate wins a state. He wins all the Electoral College votes allocated to it. I used to think in this your direction till this year's election. I thought each state will deligate electors to the Electoral college. Its all lies. Once a presidential candidate wins a state, he wins the whole electoral college allocated to thT state, except Maine and Nebraska. What the electoral college will do after the elections is the same thing INEC does, which is to affirm the results computed. Now that Joe Biden has won and has given his vote of thanks without your imaginary Electors of Electoral College like you said, what then will happen if the electors sit like you said and vote against Biden and elect Trump instead?

There's no electors deligates to elect a president. They will only affirm the results we already know.

I used to think like you before now.

There are human electors in electoral College just that they are always delegates from one party. If Republicans wins a state, then the Republican electors are the ones that will cast the vote for that state and vice versa. It's rare for an elector to vote against his/her party.

1 Like

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
hush15:
So what happens when you popular votes, electoral colleges and still lost the presidency. Any explanation on the possibility of that

It's not possible
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by yoursidenigga(m): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Grab my damnn weed....while i put on my intellectual cap and read between lines as i peruse through this article

Apart from smoking weed, drinking alcohol, making dope money, and banging pussy...a real niggarrr should also read to seek for knowledge

You are a real nigga. Anytime I come to EDO, I go holla you... Gats see this nigarr with so much brain and smartness. Would you mind PMing me your number niggarrrr?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by KingWarri: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lovelies1:
When you tell them to restructure this country to regional they insist no okay then separation should be the key

The time when the world is like this. Those whom understand the times should also understand that the South Nigeria in all drastic measures should seperate from the north. Now when the flowers is still sprouting up.
If Nigeria is gonno be divided, it will be more than two Nations.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by greggng: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2020
hush15:

It means you are a TRUMPIST
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by mide8989: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Okay, I just used common sense there. Is this statement of yours in their constitution?

Yes that's exactly what their Constitution says.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by kutashi: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2020
IamPatriotic:
The Electoral College is not human, but numbers. How could 55 people vote for only one candidate, does it mean not none of them could have voted for the other person in the popular votes? Electoral College is no longer fashionable, the US should accept this fact and repeal it.

That's is the stupidity with the system! It's winner takes all and a reflection of capitalism!

In fact 12 state can produce president:

California. 55
Texas. 38
Florida. 29
New York 29
Pennsylvania. 20
Illinois . 20
Ohio. 18
Georgia. 16
Michigan. 16
North Carolina 15
New Jersey. 14
Virginia. 13

With just these 12 states, you are president of US! The remaining 38 can go n die except for Congress!
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by CSTRR: 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

I used to think like you before now.
Hilary Clinton publicly said she is part of the electoral college for this election.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by GEEBITE: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2020
Brought about by encouraging mass immigration. The most effective Presidents have always been Republicans.
Most people dont know the Abraham Lincoln who abolished slave trade and Dwight Eisenhower who linked the east coast to west coast by cutting through the boulders of Colorado were both Republicans .
juman:

Presently the system favour republicans.
The Democrats can easily get the highest number of votes because they win in most big cities in America,.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Lovelies1: 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2020
KingWarri:

If Nigeria is gonno be divided, it will be more than two Nations.
It two nation
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by KingWarri: 3:09am On Nov 11, 2020
Lovelies1:

It two nation
Nope... Biafra republic, Oduduwa republic, Arewa republic and Niger-delta republic.
Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Efewestern: 5:23am On Nov 11, 2020
Where is that fake Pastor? grin
He has been quiet for some days now, what happened to his anointed man?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained by Lovelies1: 5:38am On Nov 11, 2020
KingWarri:

Nope... Biafra republic, Oduduwa republic, Arewa republic and Niger-delta republic.

First of all join group

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO / Indian Security Guard Shoots Customer Who Tried To Enter Bank Without Face Mask / NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.