Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi (11314 Views)

Seeking For A Good PPA Place In Lagos / NYSC: The Most Favorable Place For Medical Doctor To Work? / Predicament Of Medical Corps Serving In Gombe State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by toxxnoni(m): 3:18am On Nov 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by excell12go(m): 3:46am On Nov 11, 2020
festacman:
Aim for hospitals but prepare your mind for the possibility of teaching science subjects in one remote public secondary school with bike-riding principal.

Alejobs:
FMC is your best bet. If you end up with teaching posting, volunteer in the hospital to acquire needed skill and experience. Holla at me if you need solar powerbank for your laptop.

This individual came here for advice on the choice of PPA. The least we can do if we are not sure of what to tell him is to SHUT UP! Never discourage someone who really needs an information by saying what is obviously wrong. Remember you too might need help on this platform someday and you wouldn’t like an individual giving you false information.

For the records, no doctor can be posted to any secondary school to teach. You can only get posted to hospitals. Never entertain such wrong notion, doc.

I wish you all the best in Benue state.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by donestk(m): 4:10am On Nov 11, 2020
The OP isn't a doctor. He's a damn lab scientist. Your mouth fast pass your brain sha

excell12go:

This individual came here for advice on the choice of PPA. The least we can do if we are not sure of what to tell him is to SHUT UP! Never discourage someone who really needs an information by saying what is obviously wrong. Remember you too might need help on this platform someday and you wouldn’t like an individual giving you false information.

For the records, no doctor can be posted to any secondary school to teach. You can only get posted to hospitals. Never entertain such wrong notion, doc.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by Elzak(m): 4:14am On Nov 11, 2020
excell12go:

He's not a doctor

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by JONSYN7154: 4:51am On Nov 11, 2020
RealMillennial:
So I'm posted to Benue but I know nothing about the government hospitals in town (Makurdi). I'm a Medical Laboratory Scientist which means it's important I get a PPA with a good laboratory system.

Even if you know nothing about the nature of the place, just list hospitals in Makurdi that take corps members and I'll find out more about it. Thanks.
Federal medical center will be good for you or the hospital at air force base.
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by Flash83: 4:51am On Nov 11, 2020
If you want accommodation then go to NAF hospital (pay may be little, you will join in their routine exercises) or government house clinic(you have to report to camp early and also relate very well with the clinic coordinator)

BSUTH will not give you accommodation, may pay you little but you will learn a lot.

Generally Benue isn't a very cool place. Just prepare for the best but expect the worst.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by Papachulo(m): 4:58am On Nov 11, 2020
Benue is excellent. The NYSC orientation camp is located in Annune (Tarka LGA) about 35km away from Makurdi the state capital (don’t worry you won’t miss it). Hit camp first then you’ll begin from there, plus keep an open mind concerning your PPA. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:06am On Nov 11, 2020
RealMillennial:
So I'm posted to Benue but I know nothing about the government hospitals in town (Makurdi). I'm a Medical Laboratory Scientist which means it's important I get a PPA with a good laboratory system.

Even if you know nothing about the nature of the place, just list hospitals in Makurdi that take corps members and I'll find out more about it. Thanks.
Whatever you do, make sure you aviod being posted to a military hospital. If that happens and they refuse to reject, abscond and start NYSC with next batch.
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by ohisma(m): 5:08am On Nov 11, 2020
RealMillennial:

pls ask Google
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:11am On Nov 11, 2020
atess90:
NAFBASE
military hospitals have a notorious reputation for stealing corpers pay and giving them peanuts. They are originally meant to pay like 70k and above, but their ogas steal it. Some corpers were paid 5k monthly, and rhey still expect you to come to work everyday

They can't even pay thier civilian staff right. Except those already working at ministry of defense.

If you are medically inclined, it's a nationwide scam especially in the South. Aviod military hospital at all cost. You will suffer for nothing. If you want to go home with 5k as salary. Even if they give accomodation don't fall for it.

Realmillenial
UCMax1
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by Stallion93(m): 5:58am On Nov 11, 2020
Please How about IMO state, who knows a good PPA with good pay for medical Doctors?
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by Alejobs: 6:20am On Nov 11, 2020
excell12go:

I doubt if you fully comprehend the op post and my comment. Op is a Medical Lab Scientist and not a Doctor. I suggested Federal Medical Centre, and encouraged him to volunteer in an hospital lab should in case he did get a Medical hospital for PPA.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by duduade: 6:33am On Nov 11, 2020
Alejobs:

I doubt if you fully comprehend the op post and my comment. Op is a Medical Lab Scientist and not a Doctor. I suggested Federal Medical Centre, and encouraged him to volunteer in an hospital lab should in case he did get a Medical hospital for PPA.

Please ignore the tart..

Obviously he didn't read through your response. Just skimmed through and didn't understand the context of it..

Even me I was like OP ain't a medical doctor na.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by patholaw: 6:51am On Nov 11, 2020
RealMillennial:

Aim for Air Force Base Makurdi... they have good hospital with accommodation... they also pay.
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by NkemJosh: 6:59am On Nov 11, 2020
If u can have your way to Apean its located inside FMC u thank me later but if not Nafbase or Bsu teaching hospital I served in FMC but I won't advice you yo do that though if u do so u will work but they might not completed your pay in the next coming 5yrs.
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by tpdgenius(m): 6:59am On Nov 11, 2020
Corps members do not have the right to choose their desired PPA, quit worrying about good PPA and enjoy your camping experience. Influencing your posting is a form of corruption, pls let's discourage it.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by thatigboman: 7:00am On Nov 11, 2020
RealMillennial:

Madonna Hospital, Makurdi or Federal Medical Centre, Makirdi
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by bmlsbmls: 7:04am On Nov 11, 2020
festacman:
Aim for hospitals but prepare your mind for the possibility of teaching science subjects in one remote public secondary school with bike-riding principal.
medical laboratory scientists don't get posted to schools
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by jidody(m): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2020
RealMillennial:

NAF Hospital
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by UCMax1: 7:06am On Nov 11, 2020
Yem4real:
Try Solina Health Limited, I served there during my NYSC days, bogus salary close to 80k, not a doctor though, but they work with hospital on HIV/AIDS program in conjunction with IHVN.
So it will be a good option for you.

I can give you some contacts though.

Wow!
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by thatigboman: 7:06am On Nov 11, 2020
tpdgenius:
Corps members do not have the right to choose their desired PPA, quit worrying about good PPA and enjoy your camping experience.
how sure is he that he will even be sent to Makurdi. A friend of mine that brought letter from FMC, Makurdi ended up being sent to NKST Hospital in zakibiam, a border town with taraba state.
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by UCMax1: 7:10am On Nov 11, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
Whatever you do, make sure you aviod being posted to a military hospital. If that happens and they refuse to reject, abscond and start NYSC with next batch.
What's wrong with military hospital?
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by vecman22(m): 7:12am On Nov 11, 2020
itsmayiela:
First fertility hospital or Madonna hospital. Thank me later

Choi memories..use to have one nurse babe at first fertility that year...
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by Koya365(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2020
Igede corper oju was local but enjoyable with the care I served in oju batch c 2014
smithmoi:
Served in Benue, Oju precisely, the medical centre there paid Medical students 70k.
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by ikcid: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2020
Stallion93:
Please How about IMO state, who knows a good PPA with good pay for medical Doctors?

1. FUTO medical centre
2. Alvan Ikoku medical centre
3. Federal Medical Center (More stress here though. Salary is #60K)
4. Poly Nekede medical centre.
.. Anything asides from the above, OYO is your case.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by piuspp(m): 7:18am On Nov 11, 2020
I think you shld check out NASME Barracks, they actually take care of their corpers, security wise, accommodation and their pay isn't that bad.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by bmlsbmls: 7:21am On Nov 11, 2020
Alejobs:

he will definitely get posted to a hospital laboratory. I've never heard of MBBS, B.Pharm, or BMLS holders being posted anywhere else apart from d hospital
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by Stallion93(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2020
ikcid:

1. FUTO medical centre
2. Alvan Ikoku medical centre
3. Federal Medical Center (More stress here though. Salary is #60K)
4. Poly Nekede medical centre.
.. Anything asides from the above, OYO is your case.
More stress for FMC, But they have enough Manpower there already
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by tbest0213(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2020
Airforce base makurdi,
Re: Please Advice Me On Good PPA For Medical Corps Members In Makurdi by Kingsleydom: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2020
First fertility

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Life In Jigawa State As A Corp Member & Journey / NCCF Kano Distributes Relief Materials To Rural Areas In Kano / Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.