Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap (643 Views)

Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara / Last Lap: Tinubu Campaign Mulls Alliance With Smaller Parties / Labour Party Is A Joke And Have To Work Smarter To Stand A Chance; My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Crownbefitsme(f): 6:46am On Nov 10, 2020

President Muhammadu Buhari says Nigerian youth will do well to keep peace as it is in their own interest.

According to a statement by Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, Buhari spoke when he received Amina Mohammed, deputy secretary-general of the United Nations, at the presidential villa, on Monday.

Buhari, who was reacting to the recent #EndSARS protest and the mayhem that came in its wake, reminded the youth that “our own generation is on the last lap; we are exiting” and that the youth should maintain peace and order.

“It is in the interest of the youth to keep the peace. They want jobs, infrastructure, and development.

“I have sent a team led by the Chief of Staff, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, to go round the country, talk to traditional rulers, who will then talk to the youth. The views of the youth have been heard.”

The president also said his administration inherited severe infrastructural deficits and that the government is doing its best with the available limited resources.

“That is what we are fighting to correct. We can’t just sit, fold our hands, and do nothing. We are doing our best within the limits of resources,” he said.

The president had earlier said the federal government would not fold its arms and allow “miscreants and criminals continue to perpetrate acts of hooliganism in the country”.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-to-youth-give-peace-a-chance-my-generation-is-on-the-last-lap

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Moloso(m): 6:51am On Nov 10, 2020
B
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by lindareep: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2020
Definitely the last lap angry
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Olupapa(m): 6:55am On Nov 10, 2020
Oh lord, let your kingdom come in Nigeria
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by donbachi(m): 6:56am On Nov 10, 2020
With a laughter of mockery..if u want me to believe,start campaigning for a youthful candidate in apc.so u can hand the baton him by urself.
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by onward4life(m): 6:56am On Nov 10, 2020
See face like wu bobrisky dey straff with palm oil
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Dominion202: 6:56am On Nov 10, 2020
You can never read Buhari statement or speech and find fulfilment.
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by 360degreess(m): 6:57am On Nov 10, 2020
onward4life:
See face like wu bobrisky dey straff with palm oil

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2020
Yemi Osinbajo next in line to be the next president!
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Dominion202: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2020
SuperBold:
Yemi Osinbajo next in line to be the next president!

Ode

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by WonderManly(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2020
As you com read am finished now...

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by jchioma: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2020
Na really last lap. Confused lots. You want peace but keep taking provocative actions that portray you as beating drums of war.
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2020
Dominion202:

Ode

grin grin grin grin

What will 5% say before? They will insult someone that is old enough to be his father.. ... The seat belong to Osinbajo! Even the north dare not say otherwise talk less of politically diminished 5%
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Dominion202: 7:19am On Nov 10, 2020
SuperBold:

grin grin grin grin

What will 5% say before? They will insult someone that is old enough to be his father ode.... The seat belong to Osinbajo! Even the north dare not say otherwise talk less of politically diminished 5%

Mumu listen
I be S/W man
And I stand against that
Osinbajo is not our saviour
Osinbajo na Tinubu boy
We need to free the land from every oppressors.

We are above 200millions in this country
Are there no better people than them?
Think with your brain not ass.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by TheRareGem1(f): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2020
Dominion202:

Ode

Maokaci

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Paperwhite(m): 7:22am On Nov 10, 2020
Same youth that have been told they will be the leaders of tomorrow since 1960? Maga don see youth wey he go continue to chop.Meanwhile, which generation of oldies are exiting when men like Babagana Kingibe, Yemi Osinbajo, Atiku Abubakar, etc are still struggling to rule this nation?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Dominion202: 7:26am On Nov 10, 2020
TheRareGem1:

Maokaci

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by isaacola57: 7:43am On Nov 10, 2020
Dominion202:

Mumu listen
I be S/W man
And I stand against that
Osinbajo is not our saviour
Osinbajo na Tinubu boy
We need to free the land from every oppressors.

We are above 200millions in this country
Are there no better people than them?
Think with your brain not ass.
bros Nigerians are really stupid they will still vote for the same people.. yorubas have been made to respect people that are even killing them.. I am yoruba I insulted buhari after the lekki stuff and my mother said I should stop that he is old enough to be my father.. can you imagine.. it's over for Nigeria.. I am trying canada express entry.. you can do a search

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Xzellentgraphic: 8:21am On Nov 10, 2020
Thank God uno useless man
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Dominion202: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2020
isaacola57:
bros Nigerians are really stupid they will still vote for the same people.. yorubas have been made to respect people that are even killing them.. I am yoruba I insulted buhari after the lekki stuff and my mother said I should stop that he is old enough to be my father.. can you imagine.. it's over for Nigeria.. I am trying canada express entry.. you can do a search

Tnx bro
I will try that
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Paperwhite(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2020
isaacola57:
Bros Nigerians are really stupid they will still vote for the same people.Yorubas have been made to respect people that are even killing them.

I am yoruba I insulted buhari after the lekki stuff and my mother said I should stop that he is old enough to be my father.. can you imagine.It's over for Nigeria.I am trying canada express entry.You can do a search
Humn! I agree with you bro.
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Simplebeauty: 8:44am On Nov 10, 2020
cheesy cheesy

Believe this at your own detriment

For salary earners..check out my signature
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Liposure: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2020
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by mightyokwy(m): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2020
This old fool is simply making mockery of the Nigerian youths. The same government that is appealing for peace and dialogue with the youths still turn around to black mail the youths. It beats my imagination how we tolerated all this wicked leaders for this long. I saw on twitter where some government sponsored youths are signing petition against DJ switch asylum. I begin to wonder if those bunch of idiots live with us here in Nigeria. It's heartbreaking.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by SMI2020: 9:59am On Nov 10, 2020
Abeg Weatin this dead man dey yarn??
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Cyberterror: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2020
I am very proud to be among the tens of millions of patriotic Nigerians who voted for Buhari in 2015 and again in 2019. So far, he has not disappointed me.
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by Sweetgirlmimi(f): 10:50am On Nov 10, 2020
Then why are you arresting the youths among the endsars protest. You want them to start again. Now that the result has been gotten. We even congratulated you that we now practice democracy why are u now provoking them in a forgotten case?
Re: Buhari To Youth: Give Peace A Chance. My Generation Is On The Last Lap by DubbyV: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2020
Last lap wey no dey finish. Even marathon sef get end. I tire for these our old leaders o angry

Anyways... I have an iPad 4 for sale. Check my signature if you're in PH

(1) (Reply)

SE & SS BE CAREFUL OF MAIYEGUN DIARY POLITICO – HE PROMOTES NNAMDI KANU! WHY? / DEMISTIFYING THE WORD “BIAFRA” / Enugu Residents Scores Eastern Security Network High In Securing Their Farms...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.