Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ (44918 Views)

Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule / Macron Reelected For Second Term As French President / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by victorazyvictor(m): 1:00am On Nov 11, 2020
kponkedenge:
Trump and his enablers wants to cause a civil war in America. He has lost the election and popular vote but is refusing to concede. Even if there's a recount that he so eagerly wants, it won't change the outcome of the election.

Biden's victory over Trump is the most votes a candidate has ever had in an American election. Biden's lead is higher than the lead in the three states (Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) Trump used to enter the White House in 2016.... But Hillary conceded the election to Trump.

If this was an African country, the Americans would be shouting and calling the leaders dictators.

Mods: (lalasticlala, Dominique, Mynd44) Try and edit your bot for this foreign affairs room.... The other day I booked space to post, only to see that I've been banned by a bot for booking space.... Something that has never happened before.

E go shock you.
There was a secrete on every ballot boxes that no one know except Trump and few ppl.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by vankaid: 1:04am On Nov 11, 2020
Johnnyessence:
trump my great President ever in US history, you will be swear in next year by the special grace of Almighty God.
Guy please...@ the bolded..
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Yankee101: 1:04am On Nov 11, 2020
tyup:

This question really Holds weight

I know a party down here that would get a rigging morale boost from US recent election

That's the major fear. What are the repercussions for elections around the world
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Burgerlomo: 1:20am On Nov 11, 2020
Twelfthman:
I am with Donald trump!
The truth will prevail.

Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by thaoriginator: 1:40am On Nov 11, 2020
noobs123:
Power drunk, this guy truly has an African blood running his vein.
God forbid bad thing!
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by serenegroup(m): 1:45am On Nov 11, 2020
wowo2:
I used to ask myself why can’t African countries be like the UK or USA in terms of democracy...now I know it is not an African problem. We are not cursed, it is just that we have more leaders in the mould of Trump. Now America has its Trump, let me grab some popcorn and be watching the news from the latest banana republic..

This line of yours was among the thoughts that breezed through my mind when Trump started all these unfounded and baseless allegations bordering on wide spread electoral fraud and illegal votes which are largely derived from conspiracy theory and the likes.

The unfortunate thing that we can pick out of this unfolding event taking place in USA is that, it would embolden some African leaders not to concede defeat in an election, even if they clearly lost by a wide margin.

It is the reverberating effect that this will have on our electoral process that I fear the most since our politicians are watching closely what is playing out in USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by IVORY2009(m): 2:03am On Nov 11, 2020
EyecatchyJorb:
Trump won’t concede but will be thrown out of the White House come January 20.

Mark my word

Do you think it's that easy to throw a sitting president out of White House or even our own Aso Rock, if you think so, ask Buhari
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by gaskiyamagana: 2:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Twelfthman:
I am with Donald trump!
The truth will prevail.
Because your PDP SERVER don reach American.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Nature8(m): 2:39am On Nov 11, 2020
Interesting
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Jeromejnr(m): 2:56am On Nov 11, 2020
andyanders:
The worst President America EVER had.

I am glad you're not an American.

Cause many of them will disagree with you.

Bet you also believed Trump was a Russian spy as claimed by the Democratic media.

2 Likes

Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by kay10: 4:06am On Nov 11, 2020
chipet67:

Please shut up!
Another dumb from shit hole country
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by lichocho(m): 4:14am On Nov 11, 2020
davodyguy:

This is the USA and not Nigeria.
Trump will never concede, but would leave
every time this is USA... no be d USA deh disgrace themselves so..
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Misterdhee1(m): 4:32am On Nov 11, 2020
slaypapa:
Trump my man, don't even think of leaving that seat for devilish Obama and co.
Let him die there. The system in place will take care of him at the appropriate time.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Misterdhee1(m): 4:36am On Nov 11, 2020
Trentee:

What’s lawless about challenging an election result? Buhari did that too when he lost. Trump’s critics admit that there were voting irregularities and are saying that it’s not widespread. Why not allow investigations and the legal process reveal whether it was widespread or not?
Hope you know the senate seats that Republicans are rejoicing all over for claiming massively were on the same ballot as the presidency? Are you also saying the so called voter fraud brought those Republican senators in?
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Misterdhee1(m): 4:41am On Nov 11, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

Now that trump has lost election, all of a sudden there is a covid vaccine which is 90% efficient and is good for everyone including CNN...... The vaccine is now safe under Biden but under trump the same vaccine was bad and CNN warned everyone against it.
Very soon all the major qqq countries around the world will come up with highly efficient vaccine because trump has been defeated. The aim of Corona virus has been achieve, i.e to remove trump from office...... I can bet with everything I have that no one will ever know the origin of Corona virus, it will for ever be buried in secretcy by world powers including world health organization.

Very soon ampicillin, hydroxy chloroquine, paracetamol will miraculous be approved by CDC and world health for treating Corona virus because trump is no more the president.
All of a sudden covid news is no more number one problem for America.
All of a sudden people can begin to gather in large crowd without the dangers of covid.
The vaccine that trump says will be ready by the end of October is miraculously ready after election simply because they didn't want trump to take the glory, infact they didn't want the vaccine development to give trump the advantage of winning during election.
Americans have been decieved..... After Corona virus which will eventually finish early next year, what is the economy recovery plans of Biden within the next four years....? His campaign was all about virus virus virus and death! No plans for economy.....
Now that the vaccine has come out before his administration has began..... What will be his other plans for the next four years? Nothing.
Now the new York governor coumo is even trying to lobby against trump administration, trying to stop it from distributing the vaccine.... According to coumo " it is bad that the vaccine is out during trump administration" . .. this is Because within the next two months Trump will end up accomplishing all the campaign promises (Corona virus solution) that Biden promise Americans within his next four years thereby leaving Biden with little or nothing to do within the next four years.

New world order.... And I refuse to be part of it

So how important is your being part of the order? Do they consider nairalanders too? Or are just being overwhelmed by the fake realities you make up in your head fueled by nonsensical conspiracy theories from the usual quarters?
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by DCatt: 5:04am On Nov 11, 2020
Pompeo is right!

The election is still on going with about 5 states still holding out because Democrats have been rigging. N. Carolina just went to Trump and so will the other 5 states.

There is nothing to concede, though Trump was leading before they stopped counting on election night, no one has won the elections. Trump had a clear lead before the counting stop and the abracadabra took stage and should be the one declaring himself a winner not Biden a loser and election thief that is putting up a show for his dumb followers.

We will know the winner of the elections when the counting/recount is over probably next week in all the 50 states.

Biden just committed treason for declaring himself winner with the help of his propaganda media when the election is not over.

You would have screamed if inec did not wait for the 5 states in Igboland before calling the 2015 election for Buhari.
debbiebianca2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qh8CYi2yPs
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday promised the world a “smooth transition” after US elections but refused to recognize President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, saying Donald Trump will remain in power.

“There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration,” Pompeo said in an at times testy news conference when asked about contacts with the Biden team.

“The world should have every confidence that the transition necessary to make sure that the State Department is functional today… with the president who is in office on January 20 a minute after noon will be successful,” he said, referring to the date of the presidential inauguration.

World leaders including almost all US allies have congratulated Biden, who has achieved unassailable leads in key states as well as a commanding edge in the nationwide popular vote.

But Trump has refused to concede the November 3 election and has alleged massive fraud, calling for recounts and legal action.

Asked if the United States can still issue statements calling for free elections around the world, Pompeo said the question was “ridiculous.”

“This department cares deeply to make sure that elections around the world are safe and secure and free and fair, and my officers risk their lives to ensure that that happens,” he said.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cspan/status/1326230270421426183

1 Like

Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by kponkedenge(m): 5:08am On Nov 11, 2020
vankaid:

The fact is that you are regurtitating what the MSM is feeding you.
If you had for once on your own looked for evidence being presented by Trump and some of his supporters you would know there are dozens of them.
Just 2 minutes search on the internet.... wait it might not even be that easy because the big tech has assumed the role of opinion editors who decide which contents should be allowed on the internet.
I don't blame you though. CNN and their big Tech partners in crime are shaping the thought process of millions of people all over the world and they are very good at what they do.
If you are on social media, try to follow people from opposing sides so that you can draw your conclusions on your own.
It is not easy but don't just follow only people who post what you like.
They might be the ones doing your thinking for you without you even knowing it!

You wrote a lot of things without really saying anything. I expected you to post a link to your claim so I can check it out.... But you didn't.

That write-up you quoted has a link to WSJ which is owned by the same person that owns Fox News..... But you're here blaming CNN because Trump always tells you guys to do that.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by kponkedenge(m): 5:08am On Nov 11, 2020
victorazyvictor:

E go shock you.
There was a secrete on every ballot boxes that no one know except Trump and few ppl.

And where did you get that from? No link to a news source or what?
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Kekenapep: 5:11am On Nov 11, 2020
nullboss:
Omo

The Democrats and their fake news media allies banked on Trump conceding and throwing in the towel grin. a very big mistake.

They never learn. A man like Trump would never give in to the massive mail in voter fraud carried out by the Democrats.

Trump's second term is inevitable

Delusional thinking

Its easy to be childish and difficult to be a man and face your shortcomings and try and be better
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Codysseus: 5:13am On Nov 11, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
bro gimme ur whatsappp
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Kekenapep: 5:13am On Nov 11, 2020
chipet67:

Please shut up!

You are the one to shut up.

Character does matter
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Kekenapep: 5:18am On Nov 11, 2020
banmee:

If we ask what truth is that i'm pretty sure it will be full of conspiracy theories with zero verifiable facts. But i'll ask anyway; what truth are you talking about?

They dont understand the concept of truth. They aim to force their own version of truth on others by constantly repeating their lies. It will be laughable if its not so sad

1 Like

Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by yvelchstores(f): 5:25am On Nov 11, 2020
What's the will of God?

The biggest mistake Jonathan made was to assume his defeat was natural and not human made. If he fought, Nigeria will not be where she is today.
That same day he picked the phone and called Buhari to congratulate him. Did he dig to be sure there weren't any rigging?

God bless trump.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Kekenapep: 5:27am On Nov 11, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

You would easily give up, that attitude will get you no where, be a dogged, rugged fighter on your way to the top.

1. What do you mean by 'top'.

2. Does that include bad character too?
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Mpanyi: 5:57am On Nov 11, 2020
Where did he say transition to Trump? Please you guys should tread with caution, read between the lines and avoid sensationalization.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by nurusystem(m): 6:04am On Nov 11, 2020
chipet67:
Please shut up!
I think you need blood
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by Amumaigwe: 6:04am On Nov 11, 2020
HOVER206:
Trump has a very big chance of reclaiming the number one sit

Pls explain.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by nurusystem(m): 6:09am On Nov 11, 2020
Trump can't give us Biafra ,so no even distop yourselves.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by djoey89: 6:16am On Nov 11, 2020
tyup:

I know a party down here that would get a rigging morale boost from US recent election

When we complain, they would compare with USA election. E no kuku dey hard dem.
Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:24am On Nov 11, 2020
Kekenapep:

1. What do you mean by 'top'.

2. Does that include bad character too?

Give me one bad character for a man who the media is rubbishing, a man who you have never had conversation with, see for me, until I meet you, I would never listen to any bad talks about you, if someone come meet me and tell me, that guy kekenapep on Nairaland is a thief, I won’t believe, I would like to know myself, I don’t judge base on what others say. From what I have read, that man is a fighter, never giveup, he doesn’t want to lose, Same as C Ronaldo, they are warriors, see beyond the negativity, you hear, and embrace the positives. Life is not a bed of roses, we all have flaws. Do a research on his lifetime. Not because he is bold, and blunt, he doesn’t go behind people’s back to say things, come to their face and say it, makes him a bad boy, I am like that, if your mouth Dey smell, and I know you, I will tell you plainly.

1 Like

Re: US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ by onitshaman: 6:27am On Nov 11, 2020
tyup:

name the party, you are a COWARD na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Taliban Honours Suicide Bombers Who Killed US Soldiers In Twisted Ceremony(Pics) / Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon / Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.