Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule (21552 Views)

Niger Junta Leaders Begin Recruitment Into Militia Group / Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene / Burkina Faso: UN, AU Demand Reinstatement Of Civil Rule As Military Seize Power (2) (3) (4)

Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by fergie001: 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nigerian President Bola Tinubu, also head of the West Africa bloc ECOWAS, on Thursday suggested a nine-month transition back to democracy for Niger's new regime as Nigeria had done in the 1990s following military rule.

The Economic Community of West African States has imposed sanctions on Niger after troops ousted President Mohamed Bazoum on July 26 and the bloc is threatening military intervention if talks fail to restore civilian rule.

Niger's military have dug in, saying they want a three-year transition period to restore constitutional order and have ordered police to expel France's envoy as tensions build with Niger's former colonial ruler.

Tinubu said Nigeria returned to civilian rule in 1999 after a nine-month transition period instituted by former military head of state, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, who has also headed delegations to meet the Niger rulers.

"The president sees no reason why such can not be replicated in Niger, if Niger's military authorities are sincere," the statement said.

But Tinubu's statement said there would be no relief from sanctions imposed by ECOWAS until the regime made "positive adjustments".

SOURCE: AFP

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Chiefpriestt: 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ebola man is getting humble

246 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Naijanascam: 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2023
Udonmeanit grin grin

No more Standby Force grin grin

166 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Obidon1(m): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2023
Let tinubu come down first

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by TemplarLandry: 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by TheFreeOne: 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Finally cheesy

No one should be surprised that France, US and EU have been played by Ecowas leadership.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by GanagiBitrus: 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
They will never hand over after 9months. Not after risking their lives to plot coup. They too want to enjoy power small. cheesy

Before they will start thinking of returning power, e go reach 3years.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by reiddecuti: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
Barking dog has finally rested. I know Tinubu don't have the ball to execute his threat on Niger as ECOWAS chairman.

Come to think of it, it's even time West African region question the existence of ECOWAS as a regional block and Africans also question the existence of AU. It seems these bodies are organization of toothless bulldogs with same selfish interest to condemn a process once it's not in their interest and applaud and send congratulatory messages to their kind whether if the process that brought them to power is flawed.

Alassane Ouattara of Ivory Coast have refused to relinquish power after his done with him terms trying to amend the constitution to contest for another term. This was a man that fought his predecessor Laurent Gbagbo for refusing to relinquish power in 2011 that resulted to a revolt in Ivory Coast. Now he has forgotten how it ended with his predecessor and is traveling on the same lane. African Leaders don't learn.

Then, what's the essence of me as an individual surrendering my sovereignty under a democratic dispensation while not receiving the dividends of democracy?

I keep hearing people say "the worst democracy is better than the military regime." This has been the fallacy these men has used to blind us while they continue to masterminds and bastardize our sovereignty, humanity, and our integrity. Truth be told these our civilian leaders both the past, current and possibly the present are worst than the military. Can you compare what the governors does in the states to military regime? the gaging of the press, the massive looting with no developments, etc. If not that FG is the center where all eyes are, it could have been bad at the center. 8 years of Buhari was a typical example and those of us that followed events knows how it all played out.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Longinyamapucci(m): 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
Hahaha weakling drug Master, so no more war and our military Superior power from the struggling region in South... I will, I give.. nonsense, you don't have the ball of abacha and his political sagacity to command any country in West Africa like Abacha.

IBB quote come to mind... please someone should borrow me the meme.

Yeye man.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by sonnie10: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
It seems IBB was right.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by tonididdy(m): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
grin E nor invade again

Lol make small Niger disgrace UπŸ˜‚

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Aremwayne: 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
GCFR doesn’t want to use force again lol grin

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by ThiefnubuBandit: 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
The presidiot has spoken. Mandate criminal. Everyone knows that you are a political fraudster that's why they never showed you any atom of respect in Niger Republic. From master strategist to amala strategist.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by wunmi590(m): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2023

I thought he was threatening them with alot of rubbish military πŸͺ– invasion and cutting off of whatever they enjoyed from the neighbouring countries...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by OkCornel(m): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
Lmao

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Curious346: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
Tinubu rest abeg.

Nigerians are poorer .
Healthcare services are non existent.
Criminals have a free day.
Petrol is beyond reach .
No light .
Tribalism has taken centre stage
Looting by politicians at unprecedented levels.
Food prices hits the roof .

Apc and Tinubu don't deserve aso rock

ANY HUMAN SUPPORTING THIS MESS OF A JUNTA WEARS A BADGE OF INSANITY AND IS CERTIFIED MAAAAD!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by NastiLord: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
And finally gragra don drink ice water cheesy grin

Coward cheesy

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by GetSenseNow: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
I thought he was barking like a rabid dog a few weeks ago, what happened? undecided

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Uniqueteco(m): 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
Werey don retreat

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by luskysylver(m): 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
we no go fight again? abeg make we go war.

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by itsme01: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023

Same format...

1: Opposition lost election/ foreign investor country losing resources
2: Opposition / foreign investor country losing resources sponsored Military coup
3: Military promises fresh election after 6 months
4: Military ask for another 3 years
5: Another set of Military takes over in a Counter coup

92 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Vivocada082: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
Guys palmpay 20 million giveaway is still going on o de play, each new user that use only the campaign verify link to sign up receive 20k per person, just de play until e end before you go collect your own de play

Palmpay are still giving away 20,000 naira for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free. See the pics below, if you no get your own de play

Also old User can benefit too by using a different phone number to register with the campaign link.

It free so you are not losing anything you only gain 20k no play

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percentage for showing you this update so next time if I get better update I go tell una

Hurry now that is flowing

And send me 5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity

Click the link Facebook link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid02ihfn71rPws3T6C88vYUvAgbEzdyg7tn5XEh7bwN7jy6NqnqtRptm9owhn6KECAcql/?mibextid=cr9u03

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by CondemnBattery(f): 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
I laugh in Swahili.... grin grin grin grin

Are they not invading Niger again?

The fear of the North grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by olajac: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ebola indeed

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by GetSenseNow: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
sonnie10:
It seems IBB was right.
If i'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating the drum of war, i'll go back to sleep" - IBB, 1993.

55 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by LegacyB: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
Ebola man is getting humble
You are a natural trouble maker. If we ask you for a better solution am sure you have none.

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Make he just shut up

Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by Klington: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Re: Tinubu To Niger Junta: 9 Months Is Enough To Transition To Civil Rule by ubanett(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2023

Hillary Clinton Renews Call For Abolition Of US Electoral College / India Cancels UK Delegation Visit To Discuss Anti-Russian Sanctions / The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics)