Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) (34275 Views)

5 Men Burnt To Death For Allegedly Trying To Steal Tricycle In Onitsha (Graphic) / Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Stealing N2000 (Disturbing Photos) / Robber Kills Okada Man In Bida, Steals His Motorcycle (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by galaxy2020(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
The okada man try wela.....
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by TheGift: 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
ebukajay184:
Jacob Dese Akpene who made the news available to IgbereTV, wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/100034577940867/posts/445301269965801/?app=fbl

One of the reasons I think #SARS went out of hand in Nigeria is because a lot of Nigerians really believe in Jungle Justice. We feel, if the person really stole, nothing wrong with throwing a tire around their neck and burning them alive.

And so we stood by as #SARS tortured and killed people we had already assumed guilty and underserving of any opportunity to prove themselves innocent.

#SARS did not start extra judicial killing in Nigeria, Nigerian people did, with our wide spread penchant for jungle justice.

The blood of many innocents are on many ignorant hands.

#EndSARS
#EndPoliceBrutality
#EndCommunityBrutality
#EndJungleJusticeInNigeria
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by electhnd(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
SimpKING:
Stealing is bad but jungle justice is not the way
stealing is bad, then you forgot the ODESHI OKADA man
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by angelfallz(m): 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
DasaintHope:

It's like you've never been robbed before. You've never had a gun pointed at you. Your life savings has never been threatened at gun point.
Until then you'll never recognize the reason behind their actions.
If I catch a robber I'd gladly burn him. Mind you robber not thief.

The bolded,
That is not an excuse. If you carry out such acts you are worse than the person you're trying to punish.

Even if you don't carry out such acts, but encourage it in any form, you are a sadist. And you need help.

An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. The ancient world that practiced such laws knew and understood what they were doing when the jettisoned such barbaric laws.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by angelfallz(m): 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
I hate this so much. How do you burn a whole human being to death because of a stupid motorcycle? Idiots.

I agree with you, but no matter what a person did, jungle justice must stop. The people that engage in such acts are sadists.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by ilebaye2017(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
omooba969:
Our polithiefcians are next -

One day go be one day..

One day go be one day..

Those wey dey steal money for government

One day go be one day..
smiley

- Fela Anikulapo
Please do you know the title of that album? I want to know. Thank you
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Officialgarri: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
electhnd:

supposing that OKADA man doesn't have ODESHI , he could have been dead,

do you know how many people that burnt offering have maim and killed
Supposing the victims of some armed robbers that SARS arrested and killed without charging them to court, had odeshi they would have been alive.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by DasaintHope(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
angelfallz:

The bolded,
That is not an excuse. If you carry out such acts you are worse than the person you're trying to punish.

Even if you don't carry out such acts, but encourage it in any form, you are a sadist. And you need help.

An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. The ancient world that practiced such laws knew and understood what they were doing when the jettisoned such barbaric laws.

Chairman forget this Holier than thou attitude. Everybody is in this country together, suffering together. Now why the bleep will one idiot decide not to hustle, but to rob people of their hard earned cash, and then you count justice meted out on them as extreme. Jail is too good for those fools. Perharps the day you fall a victim you'd Need no soothsayer to see the sense in what I said.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by jaxxy(m): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2020
electhnd:

I dislike people who just rush to a trend and comment nonsense without reading the story

Happens so take it so damn serious. I cud have removed my initial comment bt left it and modified for a reason. Calm down people make mistakes.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by omooba969(m): 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
ilebaye2017:
Please do you the title of that album? I want to know. Thank you

Army arrangement
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Donspicey: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Naija wahala........
Wahala for who get mind to go rob dis period wey Boys are not smilling......

Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by coldFLARES1(m): 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
I hate this so much. How do you burn a whole human being to death because of a stupid motorcycle? Idiots.
If you read the preceding part carefully, he too intended to waste a whole human because of a motorcycle, since it was alleged that he shot at the okada whose saving grace was his "native" bulletproof.

For me, if the story is true, fair enough!
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by okenwaa(m): 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nawao

Buy your Abakaliki local rice at an affordable rate
Check my signature.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by tarantino1: 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
coldFLARES1:
If you read the preceding part carefully, he too intended to waste a whole human because of a motorcycle, since it was alleged that he shot at the okada whose saving grace was his "native" bulletproof.

For me, if the story is true, fair enough!

The minute he was caught and was no longer a threat, the next thing was to hand him over to the police where he would be charged to court and face the cold wrath of justice.

If you are against SARS but in support of killing restrained criminals, you suffer from cognitive dissonance.

But then again, I've seen hardened criminals released from police net. Things don't work in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by ilebaye2017(m): 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
omooba969:

Army arrangement
I appreciate. Thank you
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Mathsco1: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
when the system is not working properly, people resorts in taking laws into their hands. A lot of stealing have been happening in that particular area of the town, though situated in the heart of the city, it serene nature gave room for thieves and arm robbers to operates at will. my bike was stolen right inside my compound around the same place in 2017, till today I have no clue it's whereabout. sometimes you don't have any compassion towards those thieves, can you imagine, you collect someone's means of livelihood and still shot at him to clear off evidence of trace, gosh! he deserved what he got. those who are trying to compare this guy's and the politicians are also wrong in their comparison. politicians doesn't steal directly from your purse, they only take what the government has made for you without your consent and your knowledge, so, there's no direct pain attached to that as compared to direct stealing of your hard-earned property. moreover, this are the same people who will still assist those politicians to ascend their position through ballots box snatching and intimidation during election, they got no chills at all, they're just against the masses in whatever way. To me, it's good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Why will the Okada Man Site Celina ? If you know you know

Cause of Okada fa
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Antoeni(m): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mumu Idoma People , Dem No See
Senator David Mark make dem Burn am
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by AbuAeesha: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
YorubaMod:
Foolish youths,
Typical African mentality in Fela's voice... They will swiftly set ablaze a man who stole a motorcycle but will gladly look away from their politheifcian who stole and are still stealing their money in billions.
Dumb fellows everywhere undecided
u need to know there is clear difference btw embezzlement and stealing,imagine someone robbing u of ur hard earned property and even try or even kill u
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Eddygre8(m): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
Evil of this age
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by pacespot(m): 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
Why can't Nigerians be doing this to their politicians convicted of fraud? It will be more impactful than these petty robbers they are burning.

1 Like

Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by bootycapon(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
Thieves burning down thieves
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Lastanza: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
YorubaMod:
Foolish youths,
Typical African mentality in Fela's voice... They will swiftly set ablaze a man who stole a motorcycle but will gladly look away from their politheifcian who stole and are still stealing their money in billions.
Dumb fellows everywhere undecided
You are the most foolish, I was about condemning the act until I saw that he shot at the okada man with the intent to kill him so he can steal the bike.
I have personally lost an okada friend to this daredevil idiots that kill okada men for a mere bike of 200k or even less. So many news of okada men being killed just for the thief to have access to the bike.
He got served hot and well deserved if truly he was culpable and I believe he is.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by damiloladuke: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
ok
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Iniobong34: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
Am not in support of stealing. But human life is more expensive than any earthly material. Any way. r.i.p to the dead
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Abbanazeeza(m): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
DasaintHope:

It's like you've never been robbed before. You've never had a gun pointed at you. Your life savings has never been threatened at gun point.
Until then you'll never recognize the reason behind their actions. If I catch a robber I'd gladly burn him. Mind you robber not thief.
Same views here. This person deserves another hell in the heaven. Suppose he killed the poor okada man, what would have been the comments of those shouting "JUNGLE JUSTICE"?

1 Like

Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by Lastanza: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
pacespot:
Why can't Nigerians be doing this to their politicians convicted of fraud? It will be more impactful than these petty robbers they are burning.
You call a thief that shot at someone with the intent to kill a petty robber. Seems you don't know the meaning of petty.
Because he is an okada man you feel his life has no value abi.
Re: Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) by adeheritage: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
I hope he is not a police officer.

This country is upside down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) / Degbam Cultists Shoot SARS Operative In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / Thief Burnt To Death In University Of Agriculture, Makurdi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.