Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,235 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) (59603 Views)

Nigerian Man Celebrates Sallah With His Three Wives And 19 Children (photos) / Woman Flogged By Her Husband, Flees With Her Children (Photos) / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2020
phorget:
I don't know if I am been wicked or mean but the fact is that I can't and won't just bring myself into assisting any beggar from the north.
undecided
Wicked read translation chapter 2 verse 19
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:02am On Nov 12, 2020
I almost cried reading this, it's just a pity, that the children will be the ones to suffer the most. Northern people will never change even with the present Nigeria.I live in the north and I can tell you that
some of their mentality is sickening.

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 9:03am On Nov 12, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:
Fake news, the north is doing well and their brother buhari is helping them..... southerners should focus their philanthropy to their home lands, charity begins at home, Ayuba will still vote buhari if he goes for a 3rd term and if he had his way Ayuba would still like to have 5 more children. Stop fetching water with a basket, start your philanthropy from your village

Look at your mentality you think everyone is like you?
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Meteng: 9:11am On Nov 12, 2020
Nbotee:
Life is unfair and some ppl are also not being fair to demselves... Ayuba is crippled and is married to anoda crippled and dey beg for a living but somehow he's comfortable with birthing 4kids he cannot raise..
This same Ayuba by 2023 would have fathered another 2 children. If the Foundation assists him, he'll add another 3
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by phorget(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Hassanmaye:

Wicked read translation chapter 2 verse 19

What has "translation" got to do with this?
As long as the northerners has refused to speak up against their leaders then why should a southern be in position to assist someone who won't speak against oppression?
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Burstit(m): 9:26am On Nov 12, 2020
Ayuba's story is very touching, and also represents they very many stories of how government, from the grassroots level to top, has reneged on its duties. Religion is another factor that's so unfair to most northerners. They have been seriously brainwashed. They northern elites don't want the chains holding them down to be broken. Chains of indoctrination, ignorance, ethnicity and belief that allah will provide. In their mosques, they are encouraged to breed more, all for the singular reason of electoral advantage. They are everywhere in the north, I mean everywhere. Scavengers, buildings rickety tents on every community refuse dung. Always the first to attend to waste dung before the waste management trucks arrive. Behaving as if their sensory organs are nonfunctional, constituting nuisance everywhere. Roaming the streets looking for what to snatch, be it food on process, buckets, clothes etc. Come to the north, you would understand what I am trying to explain, and their political and religious leaders care less. The brand of islam practiced in northern Nigeria is solely responsible for what you see.

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:44am On Nov 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Poor people are the most wicked and evil sets of humans roaming the earth, why will you give birth to, not one, two, or three, but four innocent souls to come to the world to suffer life with you? Why? Look at the parents, how do they even fvck?

I'm pissed, I have no sympathy for the parents, only the kids.
me too
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by decatalyst(m): 10:03am On Nov 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Poor people are the most wicked and evil sets of humans roaming the earth, why will you give birth to, not one, two, or three, but four innocent souls to come to the world to suffer life with you? Why? Look at the parents, how do they even fvck?

I have no sympathy too.

This is an act of irresponsibility and emotional manipulation of hardworking people.

You are at disadvantage already, and you go dey knack knack knack and knack and born more responsibilities.

Some people's psychic and outlook to life is just faulty!

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by decatalyst(m): 10:04am On Nov 12, 2020
Preciouschinwe:
me too

The parents need mending!
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Gerrard59(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2020
Raalsalghul:

We seriously need an anti-natalist propaganda in this part of the world.

I know these folks, them no go hear.

E go hard o esp as people here are very religious. But it is not impossible sha but will require a concerted and targeted approach. This kind of project must be supported by the federal authorities 'cos private initiatives will have limits.

2 Likes

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by adesipe(m): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2020
Ayuba is one of many AFRICANS who don't have access to proper health care and family planning services. Let's not forget that family planning comes with its own cost and Educated people who chose to have less number of children didn't stop own their own.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2020
bukatyne:
How irresponsible can Ayuba be to birth four children in stark poverty?

1, 2, 3 and 4?

In this squalor?

4 kids

The Foundation also has to teach Ayuba and others like him to take responsibility for their actions and decisions.
They are not educated so you don't expect them to know why not to birth plenty
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Chiquitq(f): 11:55am On Nov 12, 2020
In this country, a lot of people need to be oriented. Why would a poor man who is crippled and married to a cripple have four children? Some would blame the government but is life not hard enough already? Children born into this condition are so disadvantaged already but their parents see them as a source of security for the future. Now that he has been given money and food, wait to see him have another child. Was it not difficult for the wife to carry pregnancy and also put to bed in her condition? Why don't people pity themselves and make their own lives easier? I bet they didn't mention the ones that died at birth or later due to starvation.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Preciouschinwe(f): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
decatalyst:

The parents need mending!
they do
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Tulsaguy: 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
GboyegaD:
While it is right to say life is unfair, our choices sometimes too are unfair. In his condition, he shouldn't have birthed 4 children. Although it is hard to say but truth remains that he is wicked however, thanks to God who has decided to let the light shine on him. I hope HOL also teaches his and his wife family planning and the need to strive to ensure their 4 kids live a reasonable life.

You and others are very correct by chiding him for bringing innocent kids into the world to suffer unfairly with him. He doesn't need to, and he & others like him have to take responsibility for their actions too.

However, I remember we were taught in primary school that the effect of not educating poor people is that the only source of joy and amusement they have is their partners.

Since they can't afford recreational centres, their only way to enjoy life is through sexual intercourse. This invariably increases population like we are now 200m+ in Naija.

Omo hustle ohh..... Before marriage. Very important

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by OgaHector: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
joseph1832:
I won't even bother to read the opening post but this Ayuba's situation is something I've seen/witnessed one time too many.

You won't be surprise if you engage him (Ayuba), in conversation you'll see he gave birth to those kids in the hope that the kids, might grow up and save him from his wretched state.

The mindset of many Nigerians seriously need to be change as soon as possible. Don't even be surprise this same Ayuba will see someone like me, who's not married, don't have kids and is doing Far better than him, he'll now believe he's better than me and even insult me just because he gave birth to kids he can't even take care of, talkless of taking care of himself.
thats the shit am seeing here in the north.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by johnpaul1101(m): 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abeg i dey beg for wetin i go chop today. Just today. I no get strength for tomorrow.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
CharleyBright:

Have u been to the North?
I know what I say when I said the North. You will see a Male begger in the North begging in one corner, and his wife with 4 little kids begging in another corner not far away. Their small children already being trained to be beggers, and before you know it, she is already pregnant with the 5th child.
These children grow up without schooling or a future. It is a normal thing for them.
And as the children grow up, they become independent in street life and become Almajiris. The next thing is to carry arms and become bandits and terrorists.
The North is the biggest problem of Nigeria by the singular reason of having too many children they cant fend for and their many myopic mindsets.
but we still have riffraffs in the south too as well nau.all these area boys,armed robbers,pick pocket thieves u see in the south are they hausa? they are southerners as well .in the south we also have broken homes and men unable to care for their kids..u will see a drunkard impregnating women and these women bearing kids that will be a menace to the society.even if we cut off from the north we will still get plauged by street kids as well in the south.we need a total mindset change.This modern time that someone will be telling u that u should bear as many kids as possible cos God says u should go and multiply in the world is an irresponsible statement.population control is the key solution to it.

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by GboyegaD(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
Tulsaguy:

You and others are very correct by chiding him for bringing innocent kids into the world to suffer unfairly with him. He doesn't need to, and he & others like him have to take responsibility for their actions too.

However, I remember we were taught in primary school that the effect of not educating poor people is that the only source of joy and amusement they have is their partners.

Since they can't afford recreational centres, their only way to enjoy life is through sexual intercourse. This invariably increases population like we are now 200m+ in Naija.

Omo hustle ohh..... Before marriage. Very important

I agree with the latter part but how much be CD? I guess one should keep some in the wallets to give to this road side beggars because many might be in similar situation as he is.

1 Like

Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by GboyegaD(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
michspencer:

would there have been any change if he was to give birth to one or two children ?

If he had at most two, he could have thought about educating them/ try to give them a better life. His reasoning for having more is because he has no plans to raise them well and would likely give birth to more of not advised early enough.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Sunny4pat: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
how did crippled Ayuba and his crippled wife intend to cater for 4 children with begging? Nawaoo some northners self
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Grace001: 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
When the likes of Ayuba keeps having kids they can’t care for, their kids becomes a threat to the society at large

It only takes the grace of God for them to excel in life hence they become a terror to the society by joining bandits to make money or Boko Haram etc

People like Ayuba are creating more probably to the society by given birth to kids they can’t care for
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by ThatKING(m): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2020
RedScorpion:

How many men can control their dick to follow this doctrine ?
Every men
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by CopaMike(m): 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2020
Honestly my heart goes out for such children brought into such deep poverty. I do get angry at my parents sometimes despite the fact that they are of middle class and even gave me a better life opportunity than their parents ever gave to them. But as for the Ayuba, I can only say he is a very wicked man.
P.S: op u are a very good writer.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by DonroxyII: 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
uche87:

George Osayimwen is the Director of Communications at HOL Foundation

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/158431/my-facetoface-encounter-with-poverty-and-his-four.html
These are the people whose life they are stealing ... These are the worst hit of corruption.
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by DonroxyII: 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Be sympathetic to the parent too .. Ignorance is a disease .... Education and knowledge is the most mercy any Human can ever receive ...

Those cripples, hmmm .... Have u ever think that the only bliss they enjoy in their home same as Rich men is the sweetness of their bodies derived from sex with each other .... ... Every blessed day is hand to Mouth... No plan of house nor car ... Just eat and fvck !

Don't blame them .... I would only blame them if that man now has many wives.... ...

Don't blame a man for what exceeds His brain !
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by Lostchild(m): 12:36am On Sep 02, 2021
uche87

You are promoting my ministry, just Keep the good working going.

God blessings to you
Re: My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) by zedegit: 4:49am On Sep 02, 2021
Nbotee:
Life is unfair and some ppl are also not being fair to demselves... Ayuba is crippled and is married to anoda crippled and dey beg for a living but somehow he's comfortable with birthing 4kids he cannot raise..

Maybe that was the only woman that looked his way.

In real life, how many women can marry a crippled poor man?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

That Moment A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene When Watching With Your Parents / "How A Retired Major Treated His Daughter After She Got Pregnant In 100 Level" / Spiritualist_hidden Knowledge About Ose Oji_alligator Pepper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.