Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully (1551 Views)

How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? / If You Are Given The Oppurtunity To Travel Abroad Where Would You Go? / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by AJohnnasa(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Work, school, and life in general can be stressful, but imagine having to travel outside Nigeria to relax after all the stress already encountered to find that almost everything you know here amounts to nothing. As in, that they are almost completely useless in the West, Europe or in general term, the abroad. Imagine the embarrassment!

It is a giving that the culture (or mentality, if you like) in Nigeria is different from what is obtainable in the United States, the United Kingdom or anywhere else in the world for that matter. However, if you are ever in doubt as to how very different it can be, these photos or screenshots will definitely put you in a good place.

For this piece, we would use Twitter reactions of Nigerians who live abroad after Olabinjo Adeniran asked them to share their experiences.

Most of these reactions are hilarious, but let us begin with this one which I found really amusing.

You know how we like to greet in Nigeria. In the popular parlance, we can greet for Africa! With and for everything, including for sitting and doing nothing. Here, "Happy new month" is as common and normal as "Good morning" but in the country where Fluffy Akara resides, it is an awkward salutation.

Have you ever greeted someone and they made you feel stupid?

Continue reading here: https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=0a01ea83e385f7d8bc69559f3d21a84c&news_entry_id=s48ea645201111en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_12c114e7-db97-4506-b536-ff0b8f89745d&from=news

Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Lmaoo grin what my nigarrrr told me was that everyone is minding his/her business.
The last lady really got me laughing real hard grin
Happy new month is a casual greeting even an illiterate is supposed to answer to that. But we are in abroad we all are minding our godamn business grin
Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by iComplain: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
Jay jay ceee them them
Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by Evidenx(m): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hahaha.. Lol a friend told me when she landed in Russia after the party she packed all d bottles of minerals and wanting to return it and all everyone started to laugh at her that once u buy a soft drink you also buy d bottles ..hahaha.

2 Likes

Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by AJohnnasa(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2020
Evidenx:
Hahaha.. Lol a friend told me when she landed in Russia after the party she packed all d bottles of minerals and wanting to return it and all everyone started to laugh at her that once u buy a soft drink you also buy d bottles ..hahaha.

grin
Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by Kusheer(m): 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Humm money pls come my way
Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 12, 2020
Evidenx:
No be for naija here na the drink you buy not the bottle
The day we go reach there and experience some things ehhhhn if we no cry na small go remain grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by Evidenx(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2020
ZIINI:

No be for niaja here na the drink you buy not the bottle
The day we go reach there and experience some things ehhhhn if we no cry na small go remain grin
hahaha..i tell you my brother.
Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by AJohnnasa(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
ZIINI:

No be for niaja here na the drink you buy not the bottle

grin grin grin
I dey tell you!
Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by YungLasaint(m): 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Let me park here and learn
Re: If You Intend To Travel Abroad, Read These 30 Reactions Carefully by Dgreatestt: 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
I dey follow oo

(1) (Reply)

Us Visa Issue,help Needed / Info About Aviation School / Hotel Booking For South African Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.