Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts (28900 Views)

CBN Denies Freezing EndSARS Promoters’ Accounts / We Are Not Aware Of CBN Freezing #ENDSARS Leaders' Bank Accounts – Senate / #EndSARS: Fresh Protest Threat For Freezing Of Protesters Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by daddio(m): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
adenigga:

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/News/Nothing-wrong-in-freezing-#EndSARS-protesters-account-says-Ondo-governor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWpcQopGfD8

See another oponu, a time is coming that you are going to look for where to hide but you'll fine none.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Takuruku4: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2020
TecM0:

CBN is an independent agency not under Federal Government get education, I mean proper education on how government works

And anybody with suspicious transaction usually to the tune of $10,000 get flagged by banks, while CBN goes to court to get a court order to get the account frozen pending the determination of the source

Even very uneducated people should know all this...

CBN accused the sponsors for act of terrorism......
Is the central bank now a security outfit?

when has the central bank started freezing the accounts of terrorists sponsors?

what then happened to Dasuki's accounts?

And what happened to the those recently convicted in Saudi Arabia's a accounts?

This government is the worst since Abacha regime.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by dragunov: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2020
evanstinobbc:

you are the only ignorant person here, if the federal government think they have comitted a crime by protesting, they should go to court. And you are talking about law, i hope you guys know we are not using sharia law here in the south or you have modified the constitution to ban protest?

the federal government should stop cowardice witch hunting, and i'm very sorry i quoted you because i dont quote lunatics.

If in a democracy, people are punished for exercising their civic rights to protest ( eg freezing accounts) then we cannot call that a democracy. That's a dictatorship. Years of military rule have eroded the civic consciousness of even the most educated, albeit ill- exposed Nigerians. How can you justify this kind of state sponsored terrorism?

Was what they were protesting for not legitimate? Oh my God!

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by toxtimmy: 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
This is why you no get light or water for you house but here is the kickers... The man when you say is correct have 24/7 light and pipe borne water in his toilet... When him get headache na private jet to a hospital abroad... And funny thing be say all his children went to school abroad and see you as cow dung.

yarimo:
Mr AKEREDOLU you are absolutely correct 100%

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by whitemand4(m): 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
TecM0:

I read the UAE report, the guys are money miles, similar to Aboki accounts used by Yahoo boys, most people who use aboki account aka money laundering accounts get cash equivalents in naira

You are a bastard

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by AsawanaDgreat: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
See em alubo bear bear there
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by TecM0: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Lol
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Fox12(m): 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
TecM0:

You also need proper education if rule 2 is this difficult for you to understand

Or should we translate it to Igbo language so you won't embarass yourself again

To think that I thought you were just Near Naive
But after your later response I just realize that You’re simply Stoopid period.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by JuanDeDios: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
Salewa97:

It’s not insensitive, it’s stating facts.
No, it's disingenuous. If the CBN got a court order to freeze your account because you asked the police to stop killing people and made serious noise on the streets about it - just after your salary was paid into the account - and someone shows up and says "Oh, just go to court," would that necessarily be an honest advice if it would cost the whole salary to fund the litigation? Everyone should condemn what the government has done - punishing young people for asking for a right to be allowed to live not ask them to suffer poverty and borrow money to go to court fighting the government.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by TecM0: 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2020
Fox12:

To think that I thought you were just Near Naive
But after your later response I just realize that You’re simply Stoopid period.

Your father is very proud he raised you like this and you took after him

Lol
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Originalsly: 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
phineas:

Another one to educate.I have some time for you kids this afternoon.Its called UWO. unexplained wealth order. That's the name of an executive order signed by your president i think 2 years ago.its a regulation to guide investigation of proceeds of crime

It places the imperative to explain the source of funds on the individual and not Goverment investigating

Its used in many developing country which is why the IRS can call you to explain the source of your money abroad if you live above your means.You get it now right?

That means they freeze your account or invite you during an investigation till you explain the source of the money satisfactorily

How would the IRS know if someone is living above their means? How does CBN know these people are living above their means?... are they wealthy with no evidence of legitimate income? In fact.... they are accusing them of funding terrorism. Educate me on the laws governing terrorism. I already know when guilty of being a terrorist the person will be reformed and released. Is this the penalty for funding terrorism?.... just frozen bank account? The way things are being run.... every man in position is above the law.... abuse of power... judge, jury and executioner... but we are too blind to see that until we become victims. A man is accused of funding terrorism but is not charged .... and we can explain. Unbelievable.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by whitemand4(m): 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
sojfarm:
So because you are in for the second term now, you can talk non-sense

He won't finish second term! Mark my word. There is going to be a change of government in ondo state. Mark my word !

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

How did they get money for all these? A normal protest comes and go not escalate even after government have listen to your request.

They provided food, water, medicine and legal aids. This is what you do when you want to start a revolution.
There is nothing wrong if individuals or organizations participate by providing food and medical aid for protesters.. Its not a crime to protest or show sympathy for the cause.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Empiree: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
The level of illiteracy in Nigeria is high.

Instead of people to argue logically, they will turn logical comments to an abuse match.

The CBN has every right to block those accounts
on what ground and without legal process?

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Litmus: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
phineas:
Nigerians are pretentious lawbreakers who do not want any accountability

If funds where collated in an activity that caused widespread chaos in the country,loss of lives of security officials, looting and widespread destruction of Goverment and non Goverment properties .The accounts MUST be FROZEN,and investigated pending when the organizers can prove beyond reasonable doubt their actions were not sponsored by the enemies of the State

That said anyone saying the organizers should not be investigated is an unserious clown.At this stage they should be praying to avoid serious prosecution cause I am sure no police gave them approval to gather and protest where they did,so their protest Abinitio was unlawful

Understand this, by using that venue (a major access road)their protest was never peaceful from the onset,it was malicious and designed to cause the breakdown of law and order.If the Goverment decides to make examples of them to forestall such in future,the Goverment is well within its right.

That said fingers crossed.we all are watching closely

At the bold: "Nigerians are pretentious lawbreakers who do not want any accountability"

It is possibly more worrisome than this, may i sugest that Unsophisticated Minds left behind by a sophisticated world that, worst, is yearly accelerating in sophistication is possibly nearer the mark? The hostility and frustration mindsets share much in common with that of bokoharam and the other jihadists groups that are finding modernity too challenging and are responding by wanting to revert nations by bombing them back to simpler medieval times more suited to their doctrinal brand.
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by esente: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Herkim:

Bros don't waste your time answering them they are not learned . they dont know that CBN is monitoring every transaction that passes thru your account.

Monitoring what? All the ill gotten wealth of the elite in various financial houses nkor Why are they not frozen... This is simply a show of power by the powers that be and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by jrusky(m): 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
yarimo:
Mr AKEREDOLU you are absolutely correct 100%

Really
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by StrictlyStreet: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Some people go die premature ontop Mazi Nnamdi Kanu matter. Wetin concern the rubbish wey Akeredolu talk concern MNK?
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Omolomo4eva(m): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Aketi,your father! I repeat, your daddy

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by whitemand4(m): 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=TecM0 post=95930695][/quote] you will regret your actions on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
The level of illiteracy in Nigeria is high.

Instead of people to argue logically, they will turn logical comments to an abuse match.

The CBN has every right to block those accounts
We are very right about insult not being a form of arguement.

Anytime I see an an insult on a very good topic that should be debated logically I feel heart broken.
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by TecM0: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
whitemand4:
you will regret your actions on nairaland
No I won't but I can bet you you would regret yours if you keep attacking strangers comments with insult
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by yarimo(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
Jostoman:
why didn't he say this type of thing before his re- election. Nonsense
is their any criminals pretending to be endsars protesters during his re election time?
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by yarimo(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
lexy2014:

U are right. D question is y hasn't d FG frozen anybody's account on suspicion of sponsoring Boko Haram?
please supply us with bank documents as evidence
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Seyzcham91(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
To me all is still Trash!

The black lives matter movement that happened in US recently, it's obvious that too was Funded, why have we not heard yet that The account of the lead activist or protesters were frozen?

The fact still remain Naija is a shit hell hole of a corntree, we all know the move by CBN was instigated by some power drunk politicians in government be it the dullard president in power, or others.

We all know the law don't work in Naija and even the so called court of law shits are still be controlled and payed by the powerful politicians that are power Drunk, so the judiciary shit is just a SCAM!
adenigga:

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/News/Nothing-wrong-in-freezing-#EndSARS-protesters-account-says-Ondo-governor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWpcQopGfD8

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by oxiide22(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
evanstinobbc:

you are just too disgusting for my liking, it's just a pity this a disgust slaves still exist in 2020
it seems you're a Christian jihadist baba crusader
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by oxiide22(m): 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
TecM0:

You also need proper education if rule 2 is this difficult for you to understand

Or should we translate it to Igbo language so you won't embarass yourself again

you're real hypocrite

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu Ramps Up Support In S’west Ahead Of Declaration / Troops Neutralise IPOB/ESN’s Gang Leader & 25 Others at Orlu / Name Aso Rock After Queen Elizabeth – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.