Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts (28908 Views)

CBN Denies Freezing EndSARS Promoters’ Accounts / We Are Not Aware Of CBN Freezing #ENDSARS Leaders' Bank Accounts – Senate / #EndSARS: Fresh Protest Threat For Freezing Of Protesters Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by ofiko123(m): 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Akeredolu must be very crazy..

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by inspbado(m): 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
My friend not everyone on this forum is a kid. Anyways, is the CBN telling me that this monies in these accounts run into millions? Why can't they state the amounts in the said accounts? Why freeze the accounts first, then proceed to court to get an exparte order to legitimise their illegality? And by the way, the law you cited to justify this shenanigan by the fg is as illegal as they come, if not for our rubber stamp legislature that is in place; the normal procedure is for govt agencies to first get a court order before even looking into your account, not to talk of freezing it! But here we turn logic on its head and justify illegalities because it suits our selfish purposes, forgetting that the evil we condone now, may turn around later to bite us in the a*se (case in point dasuki; he was once all powerful and almighty, and he also used to justify locking up people without arrest warrants and court orders, he later became a victim of his own illegality). Wherever we take this country, we all will be here to enjoy it one way or the other, whether directly or indirectly (through our children and generation unborn). That's my one cent.

phineas:

Another one to educate.I have some time for you kids this afternoon.Its called UWO. unexplained wealth order. That's the name of an executive order signed by your president i think 2 years ago.its a regulation to guide investigation of proceeds of crime

It places the imperative to explain the source of funds on the individual and not Goverment investigating

Its used in many developing country which is why the IRS can call you to explain the source of your money abroad if you live above your means.You get it now right?

That means they freeze your account or invite you during an investigation till you explain the source of the money satisfactorily

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by bejeria101(m): 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Rigger ode how won't you see anything wrong with it.

Old cargo una tenure don end.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by lexy2014: 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2020
yarimo:
please supply us with bank documents as evidence

Who provided CBN with bank documents as evidence in it's freezing of d endsars protesters accounts?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by UncleJJ(m): 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
evanstinobbc:
The question people have not answered is when did cbn turn to efcc or police

The CBN argues that the accounts were being used to finance acts of terrorism in country, thereby, violating the Section 13(1)(a)and(b) of the Terrorism (Prevention)(Amendment) Act, 2013 and Regulation 31(2)(a)and (3)(b) of the Central Bank of Nigeria Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism Regulations, 2013

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2012/ccd/cbn%20approved%20framework.pdf
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by ebenholer2(m): 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
Akeredolu is right on a right basis...but failed to realize that those accounts were frozen on a wrong basis. Why shouldn't such freezing take place before now even with many suspicious accounts of many Nigerians that CBN should have been monitoring day to day. The problem with Nigerians is that is either we reason politically or ethnically in viewing things, while less than 10% Nigerians only reason judiciously and unbiased
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by sunkieisland(m): 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
phineas:

You need an education on Governance in Nigeria.Nigeria has her own laws and regulations and it is been followed.If you don't like it,sponsor a bill to change it.dont burn your State down like a spoilt brat.e.g the end SARS protesters

I quite frankly don't understand your comment but it appears that Nigerians are a different set of human beings and that normal decent principles that apply to humanity shouldn't apply.

I clearly said if someone was tagged as a terrorist and you can go ahead to freeze his/her account, why not prosecute the person at the same time on the allegations of terrorism. but it appears that the "Nigerian factor" has affected COMMON SENSE in the average Nigerian person. I'm not a #ENDSARS protagonist but I'm not antagonistic either. If the govt thinks the #EndSARS mainstream actors are terrorists and can go ahead to freeze their accounts, they should also have the will to prosecute terrorism in whatever form it happens. But Alas! the reverse is the case.

And you're here lecturing me about Nigerian Governance, the fact that you even talk about "Governance in Nigeria" in a parlance as being different from what should be obtainable in a sane society shows how brainwashed or distorted your mindset is. If I have come out to say that the government should do the right thing to "supposed terrorist elements" and you're busy defending the govt, check your mindset.

NO SANE SOCIETY FUNCTIONS THIS WAY

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by seproperties(m): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
evanstinobbc:
The question people have not answered is when did cbn turn to efcc or police
. Oga U have said the truth but Unfortunately Truth is not welcome is this Part of the World.Imagine a Governor mentioning the Protesters should go to Court ,What Offence has the Protesters committed ,Were they ever Invited for Interrogation by the Police which would eventually led to Court Appearance ,Under what Guilty offence were the Account Freezed .If Peacefully Protesters carried out there Activities Peacefully and Hoodlums/ Thugs carried out there Activities during such Period ,would you accuse the Peaceful Protesters for the thugs Evils ? Rule of Law ,Freedom of Peace in this Present Naija ,Abeg forget it till another Generations

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by sunkieisland(m): 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
inspbado:
My friend not everyone on this forum is a kid. Anyways, is the CBN telling me that this monies in these accounts run into millions? Why can't they state the amounts in the said accounts? Why freeze the accounts first, then proceed to court to get an exparte order to legitimise their illegality? And by the way, the law you cited to justify this shenanigan by the fg is as illegal as they come, if not for our rubber stamp legislature that is in place; the normal procedure is for govt agencies to first get a court order before even looking into your account, not to talk of freezing it! But here we turn logic on its head and justify illegalities because it suits our selfish purposes, forgetting that the evil we condone now, may turn around later to bite us in the a*se (case in point dasuki; he was once all powerful and almighty, and he also used to justify locking up people without arrest warrants and court orders, he later became a victim of his own illegality). Wherever we take this country, we all will be here to enjoy it one way or the other, whether directly or indirectly (through our children and generation unborn). That's my one cent.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR/MA.

This is the same thing I have been saying to every "normal-thinking" person but it appears that some people on this platform are govt apologists and can do whatsoever to make injustice look good and make stupidity look wise. I appreciate your candor and opinion

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by juszoe82: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2020
And the account of the corrupt politicians are not freezes. This present leadership are under oath and not ready for us. The only thing is for the youths to unit and move.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Blackdisciple(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
yarimo:
Mr AKEREDOLU you are absolutely correct 100%

The fact is that am beginning to hate you

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by yarimo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2020
Blackdisciple:

The fact is that am beginning to hate you
that is your business grin
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by yarimo(m): 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2020
lexy2014:

Who provided CBN with bank documents as evidence in 0it's freezing of d endsars protesters accounts?
so you are waiting for other people to provide documents ? if you can't provide evidence keep quiet and stop embarrassing yourself in a public forum
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by lomprico(m): 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Salewa97:

It’s not insensitive, it’s stating facts.

are we in a democracy or autocracy?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by lexy2014: 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2020
yarimo:
so you are waiting for other people to provide documents ? if you can't provide evidence keep quiet and stop embarrassing yourself in a public forum

Your response (s) haven't in any way answered d following questions:

D question is y hasn't d FG frozen anybody's account on suspicion of sponsoring Boko Haram?

Who provided CBN with bank documents as evidence in it's freezing of d endsars protesters accounts?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by lexy2014: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
Salewa97:

It’s not insensitive, it’s stating facts.

What are d facts?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by yarimo(m): 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
lexy2014:

Your response (s) haven't in any way answered d following questions:

D question is y hasn't d FG frozen anybody's account on suspicion of sponsoring Boko Haram?

if you are suspecting anyone that is sponsoring boko haram, bring it to fg .
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by lexy2014: 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
yarimo:
if you are suspecting anyone that is sponsoring boko haram, bring it to fg .

U still haven't answered d questions I asked:

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by yarimo(m): 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
lexy2014:

U still haven't answered d questions I asked:

it is clear you don't have any reasonable thing to say again grin grin grin
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by GEEBITE: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Don't mind Solmus.As if he was in space when Buhari was reported to have given order to CBN not to allocate a single dollar for any food imports. Let him explain the meaning of independence again.
damosky12:

It's quite ironic that you are the ignorant one here. Even the most recent CBN Act (2007) links it's "ownership" to the Nigerian Federal Government.

No need to overthink this. Even illiterates know that the Govt has a measure of control over the CBN under "due process" (a term that is alien to the Nigerian reality).

See the folly in your submission. How many of the ENDSARS sponsors (whose accounts were frozen) could have sent in a million naira?

Rinu, one of the targeted sponsors, in her words, had only just over 200k sent into her account (from several persons), and out of her account (to treat wounded victims).

Apparently, many sponsors whose accounts are frozen sent as low as 10k.

Why should we blatantly argue against a bare-faced truth.

Mr Educated. It should be "this" or "all these."

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by lexy2014: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
yarimo:
it is clear you don't have any reasonable thing to say again grin grin grin

That does not in anyway answer d following questions:

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Sammyblaq(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
TecM0:

CBN is an independent agency not under Federal Government get education, I mean proper education on how government works

And anybody with suspicious transaction usually to the tune of $10,000 get flagged by banks, while CBN goes to court to get a court order to get the account frozen pending the determination of the source

Even very uneducated people should know all this...

Still dem never freeze them Boko Haram linked accounts... Ashiri.

A dead contraption.
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by Sammyblaq(m): 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
TecM0:

You know why am not reporting your comments

I love you Ibo man to show your self to others, let them see you for who you are

Nnamdi Kanu's Online minions

He made sense and you are talking of reporting his comment...Ezi.

Report Card.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by DrMuzungu(m): 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
His Thiefcellency Akeredolu should shut his dirty mouth up. Nothing is going to be wrong with arresting him for numerous frauds either.
Re: Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts by GEEBITE: 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
Give it a rest. Your biggest mistake is using your family business name to make comments on social media. You have exposed every member of your family in a very bad way.i thought you are a tech savvy or exposed through your sojourn in Dubai for you to have let that slip.

Check out your other comrade in incendiary statements(The BBQ grill guy),there is no telephone number,email or contact address attached to that profile .He claims it is a thriving business but no search engine turn in that name except nairaland . He might be obtuse in his submissions but very clever in identity concealment .

Word of advice,start on a clean note by discarding all your numerous alter egos e.g Solmus,Solmusdesigns,Exec001,itsme001 e.t.c and change that style of writing with zero punctuation and awkward paragraphs. If you dont, you will always be found out.

[quote author=TecM0 post=9592844

I thought one of you Ipob kept saying my name is Yakubu Muhammad from Kano

Lol

State your comment with facts ibo man, stop being childish[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / Prophet Obadare Never Saw Bimbo Odukoya In Hell ---- Pastor Paul Obadare / Kenneth Okonkwo Unveils His Enugu Governorship Poster (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.