Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information (17412 Views)

Ikedi Ohakim & Mistress, Chinyere Amuchienwa Fight Dirty; Police Step In / ‘Sick’ Fayose Re-arraigned, Granted Leave To Travel Abroad For Treatment / Osun: Senator Adeleke Arraigned, Granted Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by benjackugo: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ohakim arraigned over ‘false information’, granted N10m bail

Ikedi Ohakim, former governor of Imo state, was arraigned before a federal capital territory (FCT) high court on Wednesday on a three-count charge bordering on criminal defamation filed against him by the inspector-general of police.

According to the police, in May 2019, Ohakim allegedly “gave false information against one Chinyere Amuchienwa that she threatened you with gun knowing it to be false and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 140 of the Penal Code Laws of the Northern Nigeria.”

“That you Ikedi Ohakim, on or about the 23rd day of May 2019, at Asokoro, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court did unlawfully gave false information against one Chinyere Amuchienwa, that you have a plot of land for sale at Lagos state, knowing it to be false…,” count two of the charge read.

In the third count, the former governor was accused of unlawfully using the name of Babatunde Fashola, minister of works and housing, as the owner of the purported land situated at Ikeja, Lagos state.

But Ohakim pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

Moving an application for bail, Ken Njemanze, counsel to the defendant, prayed for an order admitting his client to bail.

In the affidavit attached, the defendant promised to make himself available for trial at all times.

In opposition, Stanley Nwodo, police counsel, urged the court not to grant bail.

“Bail should not be granted, my lord. Even though the offences before this court is bailable, caution should be applied,” he said.

“The justice we seek is a two way traffic. Justice for the state, justice for the nominal complainant and justice for the defendant himself.

“Also, the defendant has the capacity to interfere with the case.

Responding, Ohakim’s lawyer said: “He is not in government, he does not have the capacity to interfere with the case. He is just a simple citizen of Nigeria.”

Samira Bature, the judge, granted the former governor a N10 million bail and one surety in like sum.

She said the surety must be a reputable member of the society and must reside within the court’s jurisdiction (Abuja).

The judge warned the defendant against inference with the prosecution of the case, failure of which she said could lead to revocation of the bail.

The case has been adjourned to January 25, 2021, for the commencement of trial.

https://www.thecable.ng/ohakim-arraigned-over-false-information-granted-n10m-bail

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by RedPanthar: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
Shame

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by YoonSung57: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Kamdil: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
The yahoo you did since your teenage age up till the level of a governor, you are still in it up till now.

How much one plot of land go reach you?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Fahdiga(m): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ikiri will never know peace. I can vividly remember how this man made life difficult for us as students when I was schooling in his state during his time as the governor. he even rubbed it on our faces by always bragging that he is too powerful and no one can challenge him. now he is being tossed around like a common yahoo boy that he is. all the curses we laid on him has started manifesting. this is just the beginning. he ain't seen nothing yet

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Charleys: 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Who is he paying this 10m bail to?

I need money.

4 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
This my Governor has always been a fraudster

6 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Ihatemumu: 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nigeria.

1. Fix the voting system
2. Amend the constitution 1999 is a long time and things have changed
3. Plan the Youths future, maybe given monthly allowance for unemployed youths
4. If you don't want the country to divide. Then have a meeting with IPOB and Oduduwa and draw out a plan
5. Fix the salary structure of key professions such teachers, soldiers and doctors.

This is just common sense any patriotic leader would do, but If after 60 years we still can not fix our problems,
It's either Blacks cannot govern themselves or
Nigeria is just a failed system that can never work.

The best brains are leaving Nigeria, our young Chess prodidy seeked Asylum in the USA, when he becomes a world champion I trust Nigerians to start claiming ownership. It's sad that as smart as Nigerians are, it's just can never work

11 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Kano1stSon: 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
This is an appeal to Seun to please consider doing something about checkmating the sudden inflection of hate speech, disinformation and abuse of people's culture and religious beliefs on this site mostly perpetrated by the members of the this great forum who are statistically mostly of ibo extraction, innocent members of this forum from various parts of this country are being hurt daily by unscrupulous online trolls who are clearly lacking in basic moral trainings.
They found a safe haven to incite violence, and spread hate and disharmony among the law abiding citizens of this country via this site; after all this is a site for all Nigerians and even foreigners to engage in social issues concerning the country and other aspects of life.
I hope Seun and other mods will do something quickly to address this issue before it turns into something bigger.

A word is enough for the wise.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by dahnimoh(m): 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
Does it mean Ohakim has turned to a Yahoo "man" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Omihanifa: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
This man is finished undecided

The other day, his mistress accused him of not paying back the loan she gave him for his campaign ( 500million naira) and the man was detained by police for some few hours in abj

Now this is happening again undecided

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Egein(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
This was the same man that was disgraced earlier this year by his side chic in a hotel room after he stole from her. A similar fate awaits Buhari. They'll all be disgraced in flying colors. Idi.ots.

For now, let him send his account number, make I find am small thing.

3 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by YahooG(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
Something is wrong,please and please due to the unending brouhaha of the endsars protest that have ravage the city of Lagos so hard and most especially oba of lagoon,I want to use this opportunity to beg all idoma girls to wash their kitten very well,the last idoma girl that struck me with thunder,I can testify that the smell is lengendary and has refuse to leave my boxers,I just threw it away,please Nigeria is too hard to be throwing expensive boxers away,idoma girls please wash your kpekus. angry

2 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Patrickyemi: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
My people will avoid this thread like Ebola...but if it is Tinubu thread they will rush it like hot noodles....

1 Like

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Apologize(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
We will keep on moving in Circles like this till Satan rule finish and handover to Jesus
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
Na wa for dis man
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Lovelies1: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
To the youth whom are resistance to change, ask yourself the age you are this year will not be the same come next year, and as such responsibility keeps piling up.

The want to spend some part of your youthful age try to make the north reach a substantial settings with you.

Or you use this your youthful age to meet with the white on social amenities, technology advancement, and making the world a better place for the next generation

Ask yourself which one you want

If you choose to make the world a better place for your children and grandchildren

Do the needful
Search for southandmiddlebeltnigeriaforum on telegram to join

If you don't have telegram download telegram
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Adonis86(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
Failed from Grace to Grass due to power of women.

The greatest destroyer of strong men of all time... Women.
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by TooMuchStuff: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
Did I just read..... Punishable by Northern Nigeria law.....??

Wetin concern Igbos with dis yeye laws sef..?

3 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
it's only in Nigeria all this happens
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by JosephXavier: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
This man na just a Yahoo boy wey village people dey pursue

Remember he only stayed one tenure in office because he defrauded Imolites.
Gave fake jobs to 3000 during his tenure was the most popular then

1 Like

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
Rubbish

Why arrest him in the first place?

You should have begged him for the 10million
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Omezif(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ikedi ohakim should take it easy to avoid being name chief liars of the year.
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by Neddstark: 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
Is Nigeria not a crazy country?

Yahoo Boy found his way as governor of Imo state
Yahoo Boy found his way as house of Rep and senator
Domestic Abuser found his way as governor
Ashewo found her way as House of Assembly
Cultists found their ways as governors
Criminals found their way into police force and SARS
Runs girl found her way as Commisioner
Drug dealer found his way as governor

If I go on, the list go long well.

1 Like

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by sammysneh(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ohakim the yahoo governor, I don't know why imo state elect thieves as governors

No good road, jobs etc,imolites wona dey try
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by atobs4real(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
How is N10m. Money still yapa
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by sammysmiles(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Rubbish

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Arraigned & Granted N10M Bail Over False Information by ivolt: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
The moral here is that defrauding a mistress is very dangerous.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tompolo: Emami Ayiri Is Lying Against Me! / Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 / Shehu Sani: 10 Pastors Are Among 14 People Kidnapped In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.