Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Lamentations Of A Bitter Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lamentations Of A Bitter Man (1611 Views)

A Divorced Single Mother's Dairy - A Bitter Lesson Shared To Save Marriages! / Lamentations Of Married People..hmmm / Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by BitterSoul(m): 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
Who is a bitter man?

A bitter man is a man without joy
A bitter man is a man that has lost hope in life
A bitter man is a man in his mid thirties yet without girlfriend let alone wife because he cannot afford it.

A bitter man is a man that has many bills to pay yet without source of income.

A bitter man is the man that has accumulated debts thus can no longer walk free.

A bitter man is a man who was told that education is the key without being told that some course of study are useless.

A bitter man is a man who was raised to believe that any form of cheating, including exam malpractice, yahoo yahoo etc are evil and despicable.

Consequently, a bitter man grew up not cheating all through his academic life. He managed to make a 2.1 in a useless course because he refused to cheat when others were cheating, perhaps he would have qualified for better courses.

A bitter man had early exposure to the ITC, but he could not learn yahoo yahoo when others were doing so because it was "despicable ".

A bitter man did not travel abroad when others were travelling because he knew that they were going to "push drug" - a "despicable act".

A bitter man finally realized that, to get job with your certificate, you needed connection. But there was/is no connection.

A bitter man decided to learn skills after skills. At least he was told that having a skill was the sure way of eking out a living. But he was not told that skills alone will not put food on your table; you need money and other resources to market your skill.

A bitter man was introduced to a certain skill that requires little start up: phone repair. But he was not told that phone repairers borrow money to replace phones that died on their table and other damages thereof.

A bitter man has suffered a lot. He has endured hunger and humiliation. He watches his time run fast without tangible achievement. He has kept his hope alive always. He has tried many forms of business. But without real connection, you cannot make meaningful sales unless you have your money to run your business. But how can you save money when you have a lot of bills to pay?

A bitter man is alone; no one wants to mingle with him because he is poor. No one ever wants to help him because he is not in their class. No one ever wants to listen to him. So he crawled back into himself all alone without friends, without acquaintances. He is scared to air his view even online because his self esteem has been damaged.

In all his life on earth, he has never had the foundation to start life. All he does is: create a business idea, be passionate about it, scout for funding without success, die the idea and create a new one. The circle continues.

A bitter man is tired. Can you take a bitter man as your apprentice in yahoo yahoo? He is now ready. Do you have a drug cartel abroad and you want a new recruit? The bitter man is ready. Do you have any form of business that generates quick money and needs a man for it? The bitter man is here for you no matter the type of business.

A bitter man is hungry. He sold his phone to eat. What else is he going to sell? The current phone he uses was a scrap bought for 2k; only him can use it.

A bitter man is an angry man
A bitter man is a jobless man
A bitter man is a bitter soul
A bitter man has no joy
A bitter man has nothing else to live for
A bitter man is hopeless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by fati2001(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2020

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by ecomalchemist(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
Damn, I can tell you are gradually slipping into depression.

Stay strong mate, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by RightToReject(m): 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
Conceit and sententiousness are boldly written all over you; unfortunately, you've failed to eschew them as you strive to make a change. Conceit in particular is the biggest problem all poor people have - it remains god's gift to small-minded people.

I wish you've what it takes to overcome them . . . let me wait and see.
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by BitterSoul(m): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
RightToReject:
Conceit and sententiousness are boldly written all over you; unfortunately, you've failed to eschew them as you strive to make a change. Conceit in particular is the biggest problem all poor people have - it remains god's gift to small-minded people.

oga, you said nothing

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 12, 2020
Sorry during my time, I didn't share my issues with people I just turned to alcohol and drugs. Man life hard for Naija nobody send us cry

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by BitterSoul(m): 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
pcguru1:
Sorry during my time, I didn't share my issues with people I just turned to alcohol and drugs. Man life hard for Naija nobody send us cry
If only you've been broke to the extent that you can't afford the cheapest alcohol

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Fountainofyouth(f): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
RightToReject:

Huh

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Fountainofyouth(f): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
Op it is well with you, I wish I can help, pls stay strong.

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by uncleck: 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
The worst part of being in this state is that no one cares; no one shows empathy; no one even believes you. Pray this post doesn't get to front page, you'll receive insults till you loose the little sanity in you.

Fvcked up society

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
BitterSoul:
If only you've been broke to the extent that you can't afford the cheapest alcohol

Broke is relative. but i get what you mean though

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Kirchoffs: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
Op sounds like one egbon I know , his name starts from C
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by BitterSoul(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kirchoffs:
Op sounds like one egbon I know , his name starts from C
from where? Which city?
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by SAMBARRY: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
grin

Op it is well with you o grin

Are you sure you are alright! grin

Malo GBE sniper mi o grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 13, 2020
it is well!
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by waywardpikin: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2020
pcguru1:

Cosigned on the use of alcohol and drugs lol.

I don't share my issues with people either. I turn inward and develop a tunnel vision towards one particular goal or objective at a time until it is completely achieved. It is the only way I can ever get anything done.

In this life, you will learn very quickly that nobody truly cares about you. As a man, that should be okay and you really should make your peace with that, so shed off that cloak of self pity and do what you need to do to get to where you want to be.

Shey at least you have a 2.1 degree? I know people who weren't privileged to finish and today they are doing great despite all the staggering odds life placed on their paths. These are people who had no support system from the get go.

Ultimately, I think what I'm trying to say is, work on yourself by yourself. Start from your mind and proceed to take care of your body.

Eschew the thought that you need anyone to make it in this life. All you really need is you. All you have is you.

I hate when Nigerians cry out for "helper" and "connections". It kind of screams lazy to me. Man will disappoint you!

If you need to learn something, learn it, do some research. In this era of Google and YouTube, information is almost totally free!

My prayer for you is that in a very short while you will stumble on this thread and smile because so much would have changed in your life - for better.

XOXO

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 13, 2020
waywardpikin:

I don't share my issues with people either. I turn inward and develop a tunnel vision towards one particular goal or objective at a time until it is completely achieved. It is the only way I can ever get anything done.

In this life, you will learn very quickly that nobody truly cares about you. As a man, that should be okay and you really should make your peace with that, so shed off that cloak of self pity and do what you need to do to get to where you want to be.

Shey at least you have a 2.1 degree? I know people who weren't privileged to finish and today they are doing great despite all the staggering odds life placed on their paths. These are people who had no support system from the get go.

Ultimately, I think what I'm trying to say is, work on yourself by yourself. Start from your mind and proceed to take care of your body.

Eschew the thought that you need anyone to make it in this life. All you really need is you. All you have is you.

I hate when Nigerians cry out for "helper" and "connections". It kind of screams lazy to me. Man will disappoint you!

If you need to learn something, learn it, do some research. In this era of Google and YouTube, information is almost totally free!

My prayer for you is that in a very short while you will stumble on this thread and smile because so much would have changed in your life - for better.

XOXO

My brother i have accepted my fate, ever since as a teenager, I always knew a man had to be self sustinent. I hardly complain I'd rather focus on getting ahead. Lol na 2.2 and 1st class o no be 2.1 . The bolded part is what keeps me afloat, guy I feel your convo. If you find yourself in Gbagada beer dey wait you. I dey serious .

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by TerrorSquad147: 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
pcguru1:

My brother i have accepted my fate, ever since as a teenager, I always knew a man had to be self sustinent. I hardly complain I'd rather focus on getting ahead. Lol na 2.2 and 1st class o no be 2.1 . The bolded part is what keeps me afloat, guy I feel your convo. If you find yourself in Gbagada beer dey wait you. I dey serious .
bro abeg where in gbagada are you?? I really need that beer
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by waywardpikin: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
pcguru1:

Hahaha

Whenever I'm around Gbagada axis I might take you up on that offer.

Bless!
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
TerrorSquad147:
bro abeg where in gbagada are you?? I really need that beer

Why not, this Sunday I go dey beer parlour, orange reply when you dey there. God bless bro
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
@BitterSoul how are things going ?
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by tobechi74: 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Take bitters, butterleaf and bitter kola
Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by DonroxyII: 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2020
waywardpikin:

XOXO
All a noble birth needs to become successfully successful!!

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Bitter Man by merieam16(f): 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
hmm...buh a bitter man can actually look up to Jesus nd he will turn all ur bitterness to joy

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Pls I Need A Word Of Encouragement / How Do Men Sleep With Same Pussy For Years Giving Birth To 1,2,3 / Ebonyi Man In Tears After Spotting His Wife To Be Doing Ashawo Work At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.