Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man (9583 Views)

What This White Man Thinks About Black Women (PIC) True? / White Man Spotted In Benin Market Shopping For Nigerian Wife (Photos) / Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by Honeytrap(f): 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2011
How do you really feel when you see that? I am a Nigerian girl very much in love with my culture, with a strong sense of self worth. I believe black is beautiful. I went to an atypically British university but have no doubt of my roots, and I call myself Nigerian over calling myself British, despite living in London all my life. I wear my hair natural and I make a mean egusi soup. After my teens and early twenties watching eligible black men around me (some in London, some at uni, some in my own family) strike up relationships with what can be best termed 'Nordic' style women (white skin, blond hair blue eyes), I find myself in a relationship with my sweet and handsome European boyfriend.

My family are liberal Nigerians to a point, but I know my parents felt relief when we briefly broke up last year. They felt that they'd dodged the stigma of being 'that' family whose gorgeous black daughter married a white man. In my dating life, I have encountered so many specimens of guy (some black, some white) that were of ill repute. I in no way hold this to be the standard, but my experience of black men (and this is meagre due to the reasons I mentioned above) have been:

1 Ghanian, who was so misogynistic and sexually predatory on the first date I had to give him the verbal equivalent of an ice bath
1 Jamaican who had kids
1 unidentified black guy who chatted me up despite being married
1 Nigerian, who did successfully date but with whom I was not sexually compatible

Don’t get me wrong, there have been absolute clangers with other races in my dating past as well, but with my current boyfriend, we genuinely connect. I am attracted to people, not races, (fineness is not restricted to black or white for me). I always dreamed of the Obama-brown family of course, but I am an open person, and my boyfriend is the same, which is part of what attracted me. He had never been with a black girl before me (not one of those fetishists, I have met a fair few of those), we were simply attracted. We are a good looking couple, and even with our cultural differences, we are proud to be together.

I was just after some insight into the Nigerian psyche with this issue. Anyone still living in Nigeria, what are the viewpoints like now? Any older Nigerians, how would you feel if my story applied to your daughter or sister? If, in a climate where she has not had great experiences with men, and has been overlooked by black men in favour of her white counterparts, she has found happiness with a white man who embraces her culture, would you be happy for her, or would she always be viewed in a certain way?

Anyone with similar stories please share them here…

2 Likes

Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by obowunmi(m): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2011
***yawns***

1 Like

Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by Honeytrap(f): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
Great example of the black male chivalry that I was bemoaning a lack of in my first post. You sure showed me, grin
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
@OP: Yeah, I totally understand where your coming from. I'm currently involved with an American of European origin and I know pretty soon I may end up meeting his family but I know my family may never really accept him. Its not because he's white though, its because of his religious belief. Although he is liberal with his religious views, I know my parents wouldn't want me to be with someone of his religious background. As a whole, I know my parents would prefer if I was with a African [preferably a Nigerian] but I don't know if that will ever happen. I've had experiences with non-Nigerians before and I'm not one of those people that feels that they have to be with someone of a particular nationality.

1 Like

Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by obowunmi(m): 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: Yeah, I totally understand where your coming from. I'm currently involved with an American of European origin and I know pretty soon I may end up meeting his family but I know my family may never really accept him. Its not because he's white though, its because of his religious belief. Although he is liberal with his religious views, I know my parents wouldn't want me to be with someone of his religious background. As a whole, I know my parents would prefer if I was with a African [preferably a Nigerian] but I don't know if that will ever happen. I've had experiences with non-Nigerians before and I'm not one of those people that feels that they have to be with someone of a particular nationality.

What about me na ?
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 6:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
obowunmi:

What about me na ?

Its ok, nothing's official with him yet. I'm just involved that's all. I'm still in the market wink
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by MrsChima(f): 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hey Inkie! Hello Poster girl! I am reading now and will comment in a minute. I am eating lunch. You want some?
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by obowunmi(m): 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Its ok, nothing's official with him yet. I'm just involved that's all. I'm still in the market wink

Hows BK treating you ? What do you do ? Are you a student ?
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by MrsChima(f): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2011
Honey,

It is unfortunate that you have met brothers that did not represent the true essence of BLACK MEN. I will say that the slim pickings of black men due to many reasons are not plentiful in the QUALITY that you are accustomed to have led black women to search past the color line. I am all for the NUCLEAR BLACK FAMILY but if you are aging and there is not an eligible black man that can be "Obama" then you do what you have to do. The black men do it so why can't you do it?

If you find a white man that treats you better even after you done tried to wait on a brother then do you.

1 Like

Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 6:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Hey Inkie!   Hello Poster girl!  I am reading now and will comment in a minute.  I am eating lunch.  You want some?  

No thanks, I'm good.

obowunmi:

Hows BK treating you ? What do you do ? Are you a student ?

BK is good. Its raining this afternoon tongue. Yes, I'm a student.

Mrs.Chima:

Honey,

It is unfortunate that you have met brothers that did not represent the true essence of BLACK MEN. I will say that the slim pickings of black men due to many reasons are not plentiful in the QUALITY that you are accustomed to have led black women to search past the color line. I am all for the NUCLEAR BLACK FAMILY but if you are aging and there is not an eligible black man that can be "Obama" then you do what you have to do. The black men do it so why can't you do it?

If you find a white man that treats you better even after you done tried to wait on a brother then do you.

Co-sign on that one cheesy
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by scottN(m): 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Hmmmm really nice and relieved 2 hear that. I hope I get 2 u b4 it's 2 late.
Tkia!
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2011
scottN:

Hmmmm really nice and relieved 2 hear that. I hope I get 2 u b4 it's 2 late.
Tkia!

lol, I'm free spirited when it comes to dating so we'll see smiley
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by scottN(m): 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol, I'm free spirited when it comes to dating so we'll see smiley

Really? And hw do i get 2 c that free spirited side of urs?
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by elettrodad(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
I am a white man, engaged with a black lady and I have a cookie to share with you.
Mrs. Chima gave me some days ago.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
scottN:

Really? And hw do i get 2 c that free spirited side of urs?

Come to New York!! cheesy

Oh, by the way let's not piss off the OP by derailing the thread. I don't want her to be mad at me embarassed

elettrodad:

I am a white man, engaged with a black lady and I have a cookie to share with you.

Cookie?

The woman you're engaged to, is she Nigerian?
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by elettrodad(m): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
Nope. She's from Benin.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by 190: 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2011
did inkerd say shes still in the market! angry angry
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2011
elettrodad:

Nope. She's from Benin.

Ooooh, well congratulations kiss

190:

did inkerd say shes still in the market! angry angry

undecided
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by scottN(m): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Come to New York!! cheesy

Nice poking there! Either ways i'm not derailing 4rm d thread.
Just trying 2 let her realise there r still b some gud black men out there;
not that i hv a prob wit she dating a white man tho.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by Tosinville(m): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
White boy fucking a black lady?
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
scottN:

Nice poking there! Either ways i'm not derailing 4rm d thread.
Just trying 2 let her realise there r still b some gud black men out there;
not that i hv a prob wit she dating a white man tho.

Don't worry, black men will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. For me, its not even about being a good "black man"--its about being a good man in general. So whether or not a good man comes in black, white, yellow or any other color of the rainbow I'm open to anything. Its just that I happen to get involved with this guy. . . I don't know if it'll last but I'm gonna roll with it. We get strange looks when I'm in his neighborhood but I'm cool with it.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by MrsChima1(f): 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
elettrodad:

You enjoy that black cookie huh white man?

Inkie,

He created a post a while back saying that he is married to a black woman and I responded back saying so you want a cookie? That what he is getting the cookie comment from suga.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You enjoy that black cookie huh white man?

Inkie,

He created a post a while back saying that he is married to a black woman and I responded back saying so you want a cookie? That what he is getting the cookie comment from suga.

Oh I see grin
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
Thank God I'm from a family that believes in love and not color or race.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by MrsChima1(f): 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2011
REALITY101:

Thank God I'm from a family that believes in love and not color or race.

Good. Not everybody into interracial dating nor marriage.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by scottN(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Don't worry, black men will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. For me, its not even about being a good "black man"--its about being a good man in general. So whether or not a good man comes in black, white, yellow or any other color of the rainbow I'm open to anything. Its just that I happen to get involved with this guy. . . I don't know if it'll last but I'm gonna roll with it. We get strange looks when I'm in his neighborhood but I'm cool with it.

Yeah I can imagine that
and I hope he never gives me d opportunity 2 show u that u shd hv met me first b4 going 4 him
cos i'm really attracted 2 free spirited ppl i guess its probably cos i do enjoy their company a lot.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by elettrodad(m): 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2011
Not yet married,  and not be married in the next one or two years at least,

And I was just asking somebody to share experiences, but I head to the cookie instead, which was good.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
poster what is the point?
why do you feel the need to mention the
blk men you have dated and their "flaws" as if
they represent their nationalities as a whole?
Do you believe you are special having a white man and
'calling out' blk men to justify this? Do you think you are different
from the losers who diss blk women to justify their lusts for oyinbos?
I don't  wink furthermore I am not a bitter blk man so you can hold that
line if you plan on using it. See, I am a blk woman and I don't get your point.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by MrsChima1(f): 7:05pm On Mar 16, 2011
elettrodad:

And I was just asking somebody to share experiences, but I head to the cookie instead, which was good.

You want some more?
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by InkedNerd(f): 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2011
scottN:

Yeah I can imagine that
and I hope he never gives me d opportunity 2 show u that u shd hv met me first b4 going 4 him
cos i'm really attracted 2 free spirited ppl i guess its probably cos i do enjoy their company a lot.

Eh ya kiss kiss kiss

elettrodad:

And I was just asking somebody to share experiences,  but I head to the cookie instead,  which was good.

Sorry, I hope I'm not being nosy but when is your wedding?

MzD@rkSkin:

poster what is the point?
why do you feel the need to mention the
blk men you have dated and their "flaws" as if
they represent their nationalities as a whole?
Do you believe you are special having a white man and
'calling out' blk men to justify this? Do you think you are different
from the losers who diss blk women to justify their lusts for oyinbos?
I don't  wink furthermore I am not a bitter blk man so you can hold that
line if you plan on using it. See, I am a blk woman and I don't get your point.

Ouch MzD@rkSkin. I don't think she meant any harm. She's not tryin' to knock a brotha down. I understood where she was coming from with her post. Yes, these men do not represent their nationalities but its just something that was on her mind.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by MrsChima1(f): 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2011
LMAO@black men lusts for OYINBOS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I hope she meant oyinbo women alone and not the oyinbo men. Then on the second thought, NEVER MIND.
Re: Pretty Nigerian Girl With A White Man by scottN(m): 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Eh ya kiss kiss kiss

Pls could u xpantiate on that phrase or statement!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Avoid This Behaviors And See Yourself Getting Married Soon (A MUST READ) / See What This Slay-mama Posted That Got People Talking(pics) * / Why Are Our Nairaland Girls So MEAN To Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.