Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,573 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him (60903 Views)

Video Of Jerry Rawlings On Hospital Bed Before His Death / Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana / Jerry Rawlings Dies Of COVID-19 Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
LikeAking:
Nigeria is cursed. We will never have a great man like this.

We are blessed. In the name of Jesus. I insist.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Godson32(m): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
A general that really love his country, not that one in northern nigeria, President of cow republic.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Burna440(m): 11:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
maximusprime2000:
how come he look more handsome when old than when young

Money
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by cardoctor(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2020
Rest in peace Big Man
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by icankel: 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Now I remember the story I heard about No 7 so he was d one that liberated Ghana and made Ghanians leave Nigeria and other African countries after he wipe off all bad eggs in Ghana
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
LikeAking:

Don't be so sure.... such men and born in every Century. The one for Nigeria may just be around the corner.

I am certain that Nigeria is at a curve for greatness. Just watch out!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Faithfulness88: 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
May his soul rest in peace..
Nigeria is blessed. Words are Things.
So what are we saying about our beloved country Nigeria??
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Rocktation(f): 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
I just think his brain's toast, to have lived until today and without consequences dished out by people in their good consciences, looking this pretty and content with the number of people he murdered.

And for what? For Ghana's economy to boom. Christ. How sick is that?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by LadyJasper: 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
Amongst other things, he is also handsome. wink
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Joyfred(f): 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
RIP great man shocked shocked
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Lastmankc(m): 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
LikeAking:
What about Tinubu?
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by LikeAking: 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
sevenhundred:
mumu!!!!

EWU.

Corrupt policticain son/servant.

May servant kill you dia.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by LikeAking: 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
somehow:
Useless people like you who go about cursing the soil you live on are the ones drawing this country back.
If you are useful, you won't curse the land upon which your usefulness is being put to use.

Shut da Bleep up.

I see your brain is dead.

Dia is no hope for Nigeria.

Wait till a bag of rice becomes 100-150k within the next 4 years.

Stop dreaming like a child.

Nigeria has missed its chance od becoming great.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by ChrisIntegral(m): 12:14am On Nov 13, 2020
Rest in peace great man
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by LikeAking: 12:15am On Nov 13, 2020
Long Live The King.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by ChrisIntegral(m): 12:17am On Nov 13, 2020
Who will Nigeria remember?

Buhari :
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by amdoyin82(m): 12:32am On Nov 13, 2020
LikeAking:
we have Babaginda nao, he his also a rare breed though evil genius
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Danny50: 12:36am On Nov 13, 2020
As calabar boy wey i be... I must say that alots of shit happened in past that we av not seen or heard yet but this very niggar was a real niggar.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by SeniorGee(m): 12:41am On Nov 13, 2020
Rocktation:
I just think his brain's toast, to have lived until today and without consequences dished out by people in their good consciences, looking this pretty and content with the number of people he murdered.

And for what? For Ghana's economy to boom. Christ. How sick is that?

You obviously don't know the man we call Papa J. Removing a bad tooth to save the head I think is wise. For you he murdered them, to us he saved our head. Ghanaian history will be kind to him. The founder of the 4th Republic Ghana is still enjoying till now.
Rest on Papa J

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by LikeAking: 12:46am On Nov 13, 2020
amdoyin82:
we have Babaginda nao, he his also a rare breed though evil genius

Dont even mention that mans name. He ruined Nigeria completly.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by chamboy(m): 12:47am On Nov 13, 2020
samuel19222:
Rest in Power senior man

Who be Buhari near j Rawlings for military action

Meanwhile this officer in red marking resembles Thomas Sankara or is he the one?
Let's be Honest, we tripled Buhari out, when he started House Cleaning.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by SeniorGee(m): 12:57am On Nov 13, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
A lot of people tend to celebrate Rawlings because the optics are good. Yes, he came to power via a millitary coup detat but left as an elected civilian president. He stressed financially judicious policies, struck down on corruption and overall actually did more to develop Ghana than anyone since Nkrumah.

But these actions do not make one a Revolutionary. A revolutionary challenges and attempts to change a system in place that oppreses or otherwise subjucates. Rawlings never tried to change the system in place, in fact he only wanted to make the preexisting system “better", and like I stated, some of his policies ended up hurting Ghana badly down the line.

At the crux of it, he either lacked the balls to challenge the West (like a certain Nelson Mandela) or simply just had great ideas but not a transcendental leader by visionary proclivities (Haile Selassie etc). Thus there's little to no chance why the West will ever see him as a threat. It's not like Rawlings was actively challenging for African control over commodity prices, the debt trap of Neo-colonialism or any other facets which represent the continued domination of Africa and Africans by the West.

In my opinion, Rawlings is so overrated, I guess he has a really good PF team. As individuals like Murtala Mohammed, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Ken Sawo-Wiwa, Winnie Mandela, Steve Biko, Robert Saboukwe and Amilcar Cabral deserve far greater credit and adulation than JJ Rawlings.
My opinion though grin

If only you knew the condition of Ghana then, and what She is today because of his interventions... he commands my full respect and honour. Where are all the cobblers that flooded the streets of Lagos? Where are all the prostitutes that occupied every hotel here? Even the teachers have all gone back home. Rawlings made Ghana home once again.
As for confrontation with the West, how many of them that openly challenged them were successful? Hard decisions were made but today Ghana is the better.
He never sought fame, but succour for the ordinary man, that was what endeared him to his countrymen.
You can imagine both political parties calling of campaigns just few weeks to presidential elections in honor of this hero and you dare say he is overrated
Adieu my mentor
His Excellency, Flt Lt Jerry John Rawlings

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Chartey(m): 1:18am On Nov 13, 2020
samuel19222:
Rest in Power senior man

Meanwhile this officer in red marking resembles Thomas Sankara or is he the one?

That's Sankara. They were friends but Rawlings refused to save him from Campaore when he had the power to. That's why Burkinabes were not happy with Rawlings.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by falopey: 2:20am On Nov 13, 2020
Rawlings was born to a white British father and a Ghanaian mother
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by dfrost: 2:44am On Nov 13, 2020
samuel19222:
Rest in Power senior man

Yes that's TS. They were all part of the Free Africa Movement.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by Notatribalist(m): 2:52am On Nov 13, 2020
Nicoswit:

Money
who told youbhe was ever poor?
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by vioment: 3:34am On Nov 13, 2020
From what i heard about him, I tuwale.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by dfrost: 3:58am On Nov 13, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

In my opinion, Rawlings is so overrated, I guess he has a really good PF team. As individuals like Murtala Mohammed, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Ken Sawo-Wiwa, Winnie Mandela, Steve Biko, Robert Saboukwe and Amilcar Cabral deserve far greater credit and adulation than JJ Rawlings.
My opinion though grin

I guess you meant PR team.

Murtala Mohammed - X
Chief Obafemi Awolowo - X regional leader
Ken Sawo-Wiwa - X - regional interests
Winnie Mandela - lost it at some point, I won't blame her though
Steve Biko, Robert Saboukwe and Amilcar Cabral - deserve to be mentioned with NM

But like you said, your opinion. I respect that.

Thomas Sankara - A man/force that was stopped cry

Nigeria is yet to have such leaders that are truly selfless.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by amaru09: 4:03am On Nov 13, 2020
Rip , he has no male child only five females .I pray he make heaven Atlas
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by gotnel: 4:23am On Nov 13, 2020
Africa and her yesterday leaders. We are witnessing a different kind of leadership today.
Rest in peace Rawlins.
Re: Photos Of Late Jerry Rawlings & 12 Things You Don't Know About Him by princenaira(m): 4:40am On Nov 13, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
A lot of people tend to celebrate Rawlings because the optics are good. Yes, he came to power via a millitary coup detat but left as an elected civilian president. He stressed financially judicious policies, struck down on corruption and overall actually did more to develop Ghana than anyone since Nkrumah.

But these actions do not make one a Revolutionary. A revolutionary challenges and attempts to change a system in place that oppreses or otherwise subjucates. Rawlings never tried to change the system in place, in fact he only wanted to make the preexisting system “better", and like I stated, some of his policies ended up hurting Ghana badly down the line.

At the crux of it, he either lacked the balls to challenge the West (like a certain Nelson Mandela) or simply just had great ideas but not a transcendental leader by visionary proclivities (Haile Selassie etc). Thus there's little to no chance why the West will ever see him as a threat. It's not like Rawlings was actively challenging for African control over commodity prices, the debt trap of Neo-colonialism or any other facets which represent the continued domination of Africa and Africans by the West.

My opinion though grin

Who be this one?
Awo gini

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prostitute Who Drugged Her Client & Stole His Goods Caught & Tied With Rope(pics / Trump Asks Governors To Reopen Churches & Mosques (Declares Them Essential) / Lady Covers Her Nude Body With Paint To Mark Ghana's 61st Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.