Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names (2313 Views)

The north begins strike as they stop movement of food stuffs to the south(pix) / Igbos Cannot Be Nigerian President Unless They Do This / Fulani Herdsmen Speaking Igbo Language. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
wwer
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
muykem:
Nonsense. Do you know if ikwere people are the original owner of language and names before igbo copy it? We have people in edo state bearing Yorubas names but that doesn't make them Yoruba.
Bros I am Ikwerre . I am here to prove to you that Igbos copied our language. Tell an Igbo person to give you the Igbo word for YES. It does not exist. They could not copy that before they migrated.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Muna4real(f): 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
YouAreFinished:
We will remain European until we stop speaking English and bearing English names sad

We were colonized by the British but did we colonized ikwerre?

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Youngmaster0(m): 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

Bros I am Ikwerre . I am here to prove to you that Igbos copied our language. Tell an Igbo person to give you the Igbo word for YES. It does not exist. They could not copy that before they migrated.

Seriously, do Ikwerre language even have alphabet of its own
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
Muna4real:
Well I have some suggestions for the ikwerres. The first two may look funny but No 3 is very important.

1) since you don't like igbo and don't want anything to do with their identity, then you should restructure yourselves. You claim you come from benin. Then you should adjust your language to suit the Benin identity. You can ask the Benin kingdom to help you with that. I'm serious ,this is not a joke. Let everything about you reflect Benin. You can even choose to throw away all languages related to igbo and adopt the Benin language. I think that's even the best thing to do. You can't be romancing with igbo and be igbophobic.

2) let your personal appearance reflect Benin. This is a humble request please. Don't wear our isiagu clothing or red cap for identification purposes. If you want to represent ikwerre, then adopt another clothing for yourself. Same goes to every original igbo identity.

3) Don't use our identity for political purposes. Some nigerians say igbo in politics bring bad luck, but I wonder why the ikwerres cannot use hausa, or Yoruba identity for their political ambition. Why must you claim to be igbo when you are looking for Abuja slots? Please use ikwerre henceforth.

This was why Ikwerre people with opened arms welcomed Gowon and his troups. What have we done to you people? There is no historical connection between the Igbos and the Ikwerres. We have asked for it to be provided to no avail. Igbos Communities are interconnected. They know themselves. Can you mention where the Ikwerre people belong? Can you come up with a prove of when Ikwerre was Igbo. At the height of Igbos power in Nigeria in 1963, Ikwerre people were in the National Assembly to make a case of being no other ethnic group other than being Ikwerre people. Knowledgeable men like Zik and even Ojukwu were alive. None of them kicked against it.
We have never been. Yes, there is some oral history of the Ikwerre people migrating from Benin. I will educate you on this. It was not the Ikwerre people who said it. It was an oral history given by the Ekpeye people and Omoku people in same Rivers State. Ekpeye and Omoku people have not completely lost their Benin vestiges. Till date their kings are called Oba. In their oral history they claimed they migrated from Benin with their brother Iwhuruohna (Iwwhuruohna people are now known as the Ikwerre people).
Our ways have a lot in common and that does not make Ikwerre Igbos or Igbos Ikwerres.
Let me draw a biblical analogy. Esau and Jacob were of the same origin and later formed their own countries. From biblical records Jacob had more sons that Esau. If their countries particularly Esau wasnt lost, their culture and language will a lot in common. The size of Jacob's country may be bigger than that of Esau considering that Jacob had 12 sons. The size of Jacob's children will not cause Esau to become Jacob.
Remember, Esau came before Jacob.
Before the war and after the war, Igbo Language is taught in Rivers Schools. It is also being compulsorily offered. Even Etche in Rivers State speaks a more of Igbo related language than Ikwerre people. But Igbos dont go after them because they dont have a Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
Youngmaster0:

Give me Igbo word for Yes. Simple. Nigerians please help ask any Igbo man around you to give you the Igbo word for YES. This gives a proof of who copied who. Who truly owns the language.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by valirex: 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lol this IPOB is pained cheesy
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by tamdun: 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
loopman:

Eh please don’t bring yorubas into this foolish thread

A Yoruba know he or she is yoruba regardless of the geographical location he or she may find himself or herself and doesn’t need to be reminded of such

It’s low self esteem to be insisting or reminding people that they are of your tribe
Even those in far away Benin Republic, Ajase people will tell you they are yoruba, we don't need to force anyone.
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Flatinos: 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
You can't stop them from speaking whatever language they want, if you want to cry cry cheesy

Flatin0s are so pained

Ikweres don turn hot cake grin cheesy

Ikweres own Igbo language if it pain you go hug transf0rmer cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Youngmaster0(m): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

Give me Igo word for Yes. Simple.

Yes = Eia..

Now give me the Ikwerre alphabets
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
Youngmaster0:

Yes = Eia..

Now give me the Ikwerre alphabets
Eia is everybody word for Yes.
It is on record that I am the one giving you the Ikwerre word for Yes before you will commandeer it as yours. The Ikwerre word for YES is Owe pronounced Oway.
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Muna4real(f): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

This was why Ikwerre people with opened arms welcomed Gowon and his troups. What have we done to you people? There is no historical connection between the Igbos and the Ikwerres. We have asked for it to be provided to no avail. Igbos Communities are interconnected. They know themselves. Can you mention where the Ikwerre people belong? Can you come up with a prove of when Ikwerre was Igbo. At the height of Igbos power in Nigeria in 1963, Ikwerre people were in the National Assembly to make a case of being no other ethnic group other than being Ikwerre people. Knowledgeable men like Zik and even Ojukwu were alive. None of them kicked against it.
We have never been. Yes, there is some oral history of the Ikwerre people migrating from Benin. I will educate you on this. It was not the Ikwerre people who said it. It was an oral history given by the Ekpeye people and Omoku people in same Rivers State. Ekpeye and Omoku people have not completely lost their Benin vestiges. Till date their kings are called Oba. In their oral history they claimed they migrated from Benin with their brother Iwhuruohna (Iwwhuruohna people are now known as the Ikwerre people).
Our ways have a lot in common and that does not make Ikwerre Igbos or Igbos Ikwerres.
Let me draw a biblical analogy. Esau and Jacob were of the same origin and later formed their own countries. From biblical records Jacob had more sons that Esau. If their countries particularly Esau wasnt lost, their culture and language will a lot in common. The size of Jacob's country may be bigger than that of Esau considering that Jacob had 12 sons. The size of Jacob's children will not cause Esau to become Jacob.
Remember, Esau came before Jacob.
Before the war and after the war, Igbo Language is taught in Rivers Schools. It is also being compulsorily offered. Even Etche in Rivers State speaks a more of Igbo related language than Ikwerre people. But Igbos dont go after them because they dont have a Port Harcourt.

I think we should be the ones asking you what wrong we have done to you. We have seen so many igbophobic ikwerres in our lifetime .I don't care if you keep opening your arms for the government, but please take my advice serious especially no 3 . That one is very important. I don't have energy for unnecessary arguments this afternoon .

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Youngmaster0(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

Eeh is everybody word for Yes.
It is on record that I am the one giving you the Ikwerre word for Yes before you will commandeer it as yours. The Ikwerre word for YES is Owe pronounced Oway.

Who is the everybody? When you say Eia is yes in igbo, because people in Port Harcourt use it, you now think is a general language..general for who and who..

By the way don't forgive to drop Ikwerre alphabets in your next comment
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
Muna4real:

We were colonized by the British but did we colonized ikwerre?
Oh so they never told you that the Igbos colonised the Ikwerre people? These are things you need to know. Before the Civil War the Igbos had the Ikwerre people completely under their control. They changed the names of our communities. All the streets in Port Harcourt bear their names even up till today. If this continues we will act on that. The language taught in school was Igbo. The had the Ikwerre people completely under subjugation. This is the fear of an Ikwerre man any time Biafra is mentioned. He thinks he is walking into another rules of an Igbo man. He passed through hell then and would never want to pass same again.
The pains of Igbo people till date is the loss of Port Harcourt. It has remained their eternal pains.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Cashio(m): 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
WilyWily:
But every man has the right to decide his own destiny. Any Ikwere that identify himself as Onye Igbo is Igbo, Any one that said he is not, then he is not.
Simple
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by loopman: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
tamdun:

Even those in far away Benin Republic, Ajase people will tell you they are yoruba, we don't need to force anyone.

That is the point...
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
Youngmaster0:

Who is the everybody? When you say Eia is yes in igbo, because people in Port Harcourt use it, you now think is a general language..general for who and who..

By the way don't forgive to drop Ikwerre alphabets in your next comment
I understand a little of Yoruba. eia, oooooo, shaking of head up and down are different ways everyone understands as affirmative.
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Muna4real(f): 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

Oh so they never told you that the Igbos colonised the Ikwerre people? These are things you need to know. Before the Civil War the Igbos had the Ikwerre people completely under their control. They changed the names of our communities. All the streets in Port Harcourt bear their names even up till today. If this continues we will act on that. The language taught in school was Igbo. The had the Ikwerre people completely under subjugation. This is the fear of an Ikwerre man any time Biafra is mentioned. He thinks he is walking into another rules of an Igbo man. He passed through hell then and would never want to pass same again.
The pains of Igbo people till date is the loss of Port Harcourt. It has remained their eternal pains.

It has never been on record that nndigbo colonized anybody. Never in the history of mankind. I'm not even going to try and make you understand because you were obviously lied to by whoever told you that fairytale. I've heard this lies before and even worse. Some foolish ikwerres also uphold the belief that nndigbo have wanted to chase them out of ikwerre land and replace them with bakassi people. There are so many horrible and unbelievable tales your father's have made you believe. So I'm not surprised with your utterances today.

But let me give you an advice. Learn to research before you believe. And please, stop the lies against nndigbo. You are very free to deny nndigbo but please stop concocting events that never happened.
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
Youngmaster0:

We never had but we developed later on as Igbos did. Everyone including the Igbos copied from the English.
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by fallout87: 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
The hypocrisy of some of you is astounding.

They said they aren't Igbo and you can't accept this you must force them into a union with you.

How are you evil people any different than the Northerners who you feel force Nigeria on you?

It's pathetic and ironic

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
Muna4real:

It has never been on record that nndigbo colonized anybody. Never in the history of mankind. I'm not even going to try and make you understand because you were obviously lied to by whoever told you that fairytale. I've heard this lies before and even worse. Some foolish ikwerres also uphold the belief that nndigbo have wanted to chase them out of ikwerre land and replace them with bakassi people. There are so many horrible and unbelievable tales your father's have made you believe. So I'm not surprised with your utterances today.

But let me give you an advice. Learn to research before you believe. And please, stop the lies against nndigbo. You are very free to deny nndigbo but please stop concocting events that never happened.
Witness of several people may not be concocted after all. I have lots of Igbo friends and we remain friends. And they know I am not Igbo but a brother. Fortunately for me my grandmother (as most of us have) was from Umuahia. I swear, before she died, I once asked her if there was a time Ikwerre was Igbo. She vehemently answered in negative. She said there was never a time.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Youngmaster0(m): 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

I understand a little of Yoruba. eia, oooooo, shaking of head up and down are different ways everyone understands as affirmative.

Stop confusing yourself.. Better still use Google translator to know the diversity of each language..

Still waiting on the Ikwerre alphabets to know who actually stole from who

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Youngmaster0(m): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

We never had but we developed later on as Igbos did. Everyone including the Igbos copied from the English.

In 21st century you still dont have alphabets for your language. How are we sure your names are rightly spelt. You people are just using igbo alphabet to cover you language. Which for sure is part of igboid language. Do you know when igbo alphabet came into existence. In the year 1928, there were already publication in Igbo newspaper.
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Muna4real(f): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

Witness of several people may not be concocted after all. I have lots of Igbo friends and we remain friends. And they know I am not Igbo but a brother. Fortunately for me my grandmother (as most of us have) was from Umuahia. I swear, before she died, I once asked her if there was a time Ikwerre was Igbo. She vehemently answered in negative. She said there was never a time.

You guys are just funny. Look I'm not one of those igbos who will always drag you up and down to be igbos by force. We don't need such igbophobic people in our midst. My concern is the lies that you paint us with everyday. The most annoying part of it is that after you paint us with lies and deny igbo publicly, then you accept igbo again when you need a slot in Abuja. Please help me tell your people to stay one place.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by mrhowoto: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
Muna4real:
Well I have some suggestions for the ikwerres. The first two may look funny but No 3 is very important.

1) since you don't like igbo and don't want anything to do with their identity, then you should restructure yourselves. You claim you come from benin. Then you should adjust your language to suit the Benin identity. You can ask the Benin kingdom to help you with that. I'm serious ,this is not a joke. Let everything about you reflect Benin. You can even choose to throw away all languages related to igbo and adopt the Benin language. I think that's even the best thing to do. You can't be romancing with igbo and be igbophobic.

2) let your personal appearance reflect Benin. This is a humble request please. Don't wear our isiagu clothing or red cap for identification purposes. If you want to represent ikwerre, then adopt another clothing for yourself. Same goes to every original igbo identity.

3) Don't use our identity for political purposes. Some nigerians say igbo in politics bring bad luck, but I wonder why the ikwerres cannot use hausa, or Yoruba identity for their political ambition. Why must you claim to be igbo when you are looking for Abuja slots? Please use ikwerre henceforth.

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by KosiGee(m): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
muykem:
You nailed it. Igbo always have identity problem because of their low self esteem. They once called themselves jew that make Israel deligate conducted test on their gen before it was discovered that they are nothing but bastard Jews.

Igbos do not have identity crisis. Stop generalising. A few voices claiming Jews or those arguing about ikwerres do not represent us.
Millions of Igbos do not use Nairaland or argue or bother themselves where Wike and his forefathers come from. We also don’t follow Igbos ideology.

We are passionate about the Igbo nation and all those genuinely passionate about the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Odingo1:
Ikwere will remain Igbos whether they like it or not unless they stop speaking Igbo and bearing Igbo names.

When they stop speaking Igbo and bearing Igbo names then people will take them serious, for now they are bunch of delusional jokers.

Bini supposed to be their language or they keep quite.
Does d fact u bear ND speak English make u an English man?
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
Muna4real:

You guys are just funny. Look I'm not one of those igbos who will always drag you up and down to be igbos by force. We don't need such igbophobic people in our midst. My concern is the lies that you paint us with everyday. The most annoying part of it is that after you paint us with lies and deny igbo publicly, then you accept igbo again when you need a slot in Abuja. Please help me tell your people to stay one place.
I have never claimed Igbo all my life. The phobia is written all over me and true Ikwerre sons like Wike.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Youngmaster0:

In 21st century you still dont have alphabets for your language. How are we sure your names are rightly spelt. You people are just using igbo alphabet to cover you language. Which for sure is part of igboid language. Do you know when igbo alphabet came into existence. In the year 1928, there were already publication in Igbo newspaper.
You dont understand English. When one says "I never had" it means he has now.
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by Youngmaster0(m): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
chrisxxx:

You dont understand English. When one says "I never had" it means he has now.

Drop the Ikwerre alphabets now. Let see who stole from who? What is so hard in that.
Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Youngmaster0:

Stop confusing yourself.. Better still use Google translator to know the diversity of each language..

Still waiting on the Ikwerre alphabets to know who actually stole from who

Because of your focus on Ikwerre people you seem to have lost contact with your mates. Ikwerre is a minority ethnic group in Nigeria with just 3 to 4 LGSs. Igbos have not just LGAs but five states.
In case your needed a reminder, your mates are the Yorubas and Hausas. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Will Remain Igbos Unless They Stop Speaking Igbo And Bearing Igbo Names by chrisxxx(m): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
Youngmaster0:

Drop the Ikwerre alphabets now. Let see who stole from who? What is so hard in that.
The ability to write is never a yardstick to measure right of existence.
We have Ikwerre Bible. It was written with Ikwerre alphabet. There is another book titled "Ikwerre Tunbom".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks Church As Gunmen Kill Over 50 During Service In Ondo / Peter Obi Movement Hits Akwa Ibom. / Yoruba Nollywood Actors Under Criticism For Endorsing Tinubu As President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.